Spears

• PaladinJavier wrote:

kheeta wrote:

PaladinJavier wrote:

Spears are pretty dead cause You don't outdamage no one. Bloodletter and sword kick your ass 1 v 1; crossbows have brutal combo with W and E That destroy your defense; spear has nothing to do against them cause it's slow as a damn turtle and has chopped mobility after inner focus nerf.
      And we don't talking about the Zero compatibility with most builds due lacking DoT, speed movement and speed attack. Neither burst damage except one shot build(You can get better burst damage less risky weapons)
      nothing similar to realitySpears 99% outdamage their opponentProblems are with double merc / taproot users / any forever kite sustain builds
      what? Hahaha... Yes, If I pop up spirit spear and inner focus at noob face perhaps... send me an albionstats.com/solo/ttop-builds screen next time You see at least 3 spear builds at top 100.
      not trying to join your "argument" but #2, #28, and #85 are all spears in the top 100 solo builds as of Nov 30th, 2020

and is ranked #2 in top weapons

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kanra.zip ().

• Yeah spear is a jack of all trades, master of none. Since inner focus nerf it does less damage than sword or dagger, has worse mobility than sword or dagger, and the only hard CC for spears other than pike/heronE is the new yoink W from spirithunter which is pretty much impossible to land on a dagger or sword since they have so much movespeed/dashes and the throw animation is soooooo slow. Heron spear E has the same problem, only retards get hit by these slow moving projectiles. Probably easier to land a meatball or hoarfrost tbh.

In general I think these changes:

• Lunging strike slow from 10% -> 20%
      • Slow poison slow from 10% -> 15%
      • Cripple slow from 15% -> 30%
      • Deflecting spin ignores interrupts like Demon armor does
      Would put spear in a pretty balanced place where it still does less damage than sword or dagger but has better kite ability and utility, which it should and seems intended to. This would also make landing the yoink W or heron spear E more feasible as a follow-up once you've already slowed them which seems to be the intended design but doesn't currently work because 10% slow is piss weak

The post was edited 3 times, last by wyqydsyq ().

• Fk
      Just make autoattacks same range like 1st Q has
      Or rework 1st Q totally
      Or rework passives totally
      It’s a joke to have spell boosting your autos while unable to use autos!
      That’s like to have for example dagger Q that buffs your cast speed while you have no casting skills at all

That’ll make a bunch of auto-based builds playable or make some new game tactics
      Nothing aside need fixing
      Even yesterday spears buff was unneeded
      It would just bring us a unneeded nerf in future

The post was edited 3 times, last by kheeta ().

• kheeta wrote:

Fk
      Or rework 1st Q totally
      That’s like to have for example dagger Q that buffs your cast speed while you have no casting skills at all

That’ll make a bunch of auto-based builds playable or make some new game tactics
      I don't get You, bro. Are You talking about 1handed spear? Because with two handed Spears the 3 stacks range is bigger than first Q unless I'm a bit blind...
      This last buff is almost useless. Only Glaive is a bit improved cause cheessy Trinity and Pike are still outdamaged and this Will keep this way cause their problem is not the damage but SPEED Attack.
    • PaladinJavier wrote:

kheeta wrote:

Fk
      Or rework 1st Q totally

I don't get You, bro. Are You talking about 1handed spear? Because with two handed Spears the 3 stacks range is bigger than first Q unless I'm a bit blind...This last buff is almost useless. Only Glaive is a bit improved cause cheessy Trinity and Pike are still outdamaged and this Will keep this way cause their problem is not the damage but SPEED Attack.
      Yeap
      I’m talking about 1h spears weapons
      1h spear and Daybreaker
      And about 1st Q that has 9m range
      Having 3m auto range
      That Q either should be adjusted for 1h weapons or 1h weapons auto range should be buffed
      Imagine regi bow explosive arrows would have 5m range only while 15m bow range
      You have skill that buffing your auto dmg while you actually CANT properly use it because great range difference
      The same is with 1h spear weapons
      You have 9m Q buffing your autos but couldn’t actually use autos

The post was edited 1 time, last by kheeta ().

• Tomperon wrote:

Imagine If deflect spin cant be interrupted... ZvZ lots of Spears reflecting damage. This is Op friends.
      Could easily be fixed by adding a limit to the amount of targets that the reflect can hit, cap it at say 5 targets dealing the highest DPS and it won't be a problem for ZvZ, still much weaker than Demon Armor which gives damage reflection to ALL allies in the AOE, already reflecting more than 1/4 your zerg being spears with deflecting spin could ever do.

As it is right now, they might as well remove deflecting spin entirely from the game, it is totally useless against every class other than healers which reflecting damage does nothing against, and axes because they have no CC to interrupt the reflect or kite the repositioning during reflect.

Hammers? Hard counter it with stuns on low CD
      Qblades? Hard counter it with knocking/stuns on low CD
      Maces? Hard counter it with silence on low CD
      Ice? Hard counter it with stuns on low CD
      Arcane? Hard counter it with silence on low CD
      Xbow? Hard counter it with silence/knockback on low CD
      Swords? Hard counter it with interrupt (or stun if claymore)
      Daggers? Hard counter it with stun W
      Bow? Hard counter it by rooting then waiting it out before doing damage again
      Curse? Hard counter it by rooting then waiting it out before doing damage again
      Fire? Hard counter it by fearing with fire wall

It literally makes 0 sense having an ability that gets hard-countered by the passive ability or low-CD Q-slot ability of 80% of builds in the game and readily hard-countered by the main combos of another 10%

The post was edited 3 times, last by wyqydsyq ().

• I like to suggest that trinity should get some revamp to it. Really thought way back then it would be a zvz item.

They should remove the root. Same effect. But the zone circle blocks enemies from leaving it. (like the LoL Camille R). Block from passing like firewall but without the fear.
      Only way out is with knight helmet and other dodge mechanics.
    • wyqydsyq wrote:

Tomperon wrote:

Imagine If deflect spin cant be interrupted... ZvZ lots of Spears reflecting damage. This is Op friends.
      Could easily be fixed by adding a limit to the amount of targets that the reflect can hit, cap it at say 5 targets dealing the highest DPS and it won't be a problem for ZvZ, still much weaker than Demon Armor which gives damage reflection to ALL allies in the AOE, already reflecting more than 1/4 your zerg being spears with deflecting spin could ever do.
      As it is right now, they might as well remove deflecting spin entirely from the game, it is totally useless against every class other than healers which reflecting damage does nothing against, and axes because they have no CC to interrupt the reflect or kite the repositioning during reflect.

Hammers? Hard counter it with stuns on low CD
      Qblades? Hard counter it with knocking/stuns on low CD
      Maces? Hard counter it with silence on low CD
      Ice? Hard counter it with stuns on low CD
      Arcane? Hard counter it with silence on low CD
      Xbow? Hard counter it with silence/knockback on low CD
      Swords? Hard counter it with interrupt (or stun if claymore)
      Daggers? Hard counter it with stun W
      Bow? Hard counter it by rooting then waiting it out before doing damage again
      Curse? Hard counter it by rooting then waiting it out before doing damage again
      Fire? Hard counter it by fearing with fire wall

It literally makes 0 sense having an ability that gets hard-countered by the passive ability or low-CD Q-slot ability of 80% of builds in the game and readily hard-countered by the main combos of another 10%
      Deflecting spin is pretty strong in corrupted dungeons. Low cooldown gives you enough time for cooldown to catch and you can punish players rather well with it. The low cooldown is the best, as it provides you with a shield when all your cooldowns are refreshing - that´s the main purpose. The value is that oponnent does not attack you with it. I really like that ability. It shines in hands of skilled players for disrupting combos and abilities.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • wyqydsyq wrote:

Borbarad wrote:

The value is that oponnent does not attack you with it.
      The whole point of my comment is nearly every class can easily interrupt it with their low CD Q, weapon passive or main combo, so this is incorrect unless you are only VS noobs, healers or axes
      depends on how they’re interrupting it. Is sword switching to interrupt to cancel it? Well spear would be using cripple in that matchup. Crossbow?
    • PaladinJavier wrote:

Bro... Really spirit hunter was nerfed? OMG I can't stand these devs. Not Even 4 months of use and already nerfed. Worst thing it has never been a clapping weapon. Not Even a half of brimstone and already nerfed. Didnt realize You must go cloth for decent damage?
      For me, the problem continues the same.. The lack of energy on spirit spear Q.
      Its very hard to sustain a fight with 3 spirit spear for so long. It forces you to use reflect on W to recover some energy (for who are using spirit spear on Q)