Spotters in solo and group dungeons

    • assassinBK wrote:

      Akhenaden wrote:

      I really would like to see some response dev to this topic so much discussed here.
      Again, I will suggest gates equal to the Avalonians and an increase in the channeling of the A-out.

      It's just giving a chance to those who do the dungeon, to have a chance to defend themselves.And give those who dive the chance to dive.
      It is not difficult to solve this, what a delay.
      This is not possible to make it.Why?

      PvE teams 4-6 (PvE builds maybe with PvP sets)
      Divers 6-9 (PvP sets)
      Different risk vs revard
      Different team power

      For your proposition gate destroy must be shorter than A-out.
      So PvE team is ready but still its weaker about amount of players in team (general) and PvE team risk more vs smaller revard.

      Only 1 way to fix this is
      Single dungs. Max 2 players in dung going in from 2 randoms entrances.
      Blue dungs. Max 5 players and your proposition with longer A -out and gates.
      I understand, so do you agree that the implementation of a gate and an increase in the channeling of the A-out would make us have two pt (divers x farm) with all ready skills?

      About the builds: PvE x PvP, the choice of the build goes according to what the player decides best for that moment. If you use an incubus mace it will obviously improve your PvE, and it will make your PvP more difficult. But that does not mean that it is a rule to use incubus, it is optional for the player.

      When there are 9 divers, they are usually pt where the players are very bad, in this case a pt of 5 can easily kill them.
    • Akhenaden wrote:

      assassinBK wrote:

      Akhenaden wrote:

      I really would like to see some response dev to this topic so much discussed here.
      Again, I will suggest gates equal to the Avalonians and an increase in the channeling of the A-out.

      It's just giving a chance to those who do the dungeon, to have a chance to defend themselves.And give those who dive the chance to dive.
      It is not difficult to solve this, what a delay.
      This is not possible to make it.Why?
      PvE teams 4-6 (PvE builds maybe with PvP sets)
      Divers 6-9 (PvP sets)
      Different risk vs revard
      Different team power

      For your proposition gate destroy must be shorter than A-out.
      So PvE team is ready but still its weaker about amount of players in team (general) and PvE team risk more vs smaller revard.

      Only 1 way to fix this is
      Single dungs. Max 2 players in dung going in from 2 randoms entrances.
      Blue dungs. Max 5 players and your proposition with longer A -out and gates.
      I understand, so do you agree that the implementation of a gate and an increase in the channeling of the A-out would make us have two pt (divers x farm) with all ready skills?
      About the builds: PvE x PvP, the choice of the build goes according to what the player decides best for that moment. If you use an incubus mace it will obviously improve your PvE, and it will make your PvP more difficult. But that does not mean that it is a rule to use incubus, it is optional for the player.

      When there are 9 divers, they are usually pt where the players are very bad, in this case a pt of 5 can easily kill them.
      Yes and not. Any changes from now its about PvE players and Gankers. If gankers want play with thisame shity way so why PvE players should not play in this way too.
      Make rules for PvE players and for Gankers.
      Main problem is that gankers don't want fair fight. They want gank. SBI know that this game must have some shit rules because without this game lost a lot of morons. This morons love use systems for example gate ganking.

      So I agree. Put gates; increase A time, set max party in dungs.
      For only put gates and increase A time I don't agree.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by assassinBK ().

    • @topic Maybe try solo gank SRD and group RD in 5 people, then opponents will consider fighting instead of escaping. For now, it seems cry that the victim has the audacity not to want to be killed 1v3 or 5v 15 .... really insolent, they should immediately hand over the equipment without a word of complaint instead of thinking of ways to protect themselves.
    • I honestly can't believe this is even a thread on here buncha whiny gankers. Actually I can believe it, gankers will always complain when it's not easy for 10 gankers to kill 1 person in a solo dungeon because they paid to hire a scout
    • This actually needs to be discussed more than ever being the upcoming changes. With the current state guilds will be grinding the shit out of static dungeons next season in complete safety for high fame/season points purely because of the scout/quick A out combination. Since scouting is impossible to fix the only alternative is to tweak the dungeon exit mechanics in some fashion. The tweak needs to be a balance for both PvEers and PvPers.
    • Diving is my main activity in the game and I don't really have a big problem with scouts. This might be because I usually dive with 3-4 people tops and when they see us they think they have a chance against us. Of course there are times where the group As out but it's not that often.

      SBI knows about this problem and they probably have a solution for it. I bet they will roll it out when corrupted dungeons come out since it's kinda related.
    • I strongly believe that SBI might have notice that introducing more handholding solutions for the non PK, has increase their audience (of course that is hard to predict right now with everything going on but it will show soon), so I don't think there are fixes coming towards the PK community. This is the same with other games as well new upcoming games started as full loot but have done at least 180 degrees change because there are more casuals than hardcores now, especially in grind games like AO.
    • I think a solution might be easier than everyone is making it out to be. Everyone here continues to use a few terms, PVE players, PVP players, and gankers. I myself am in the PVE players part, why I enjoy this game without PVP isn't up to you. This game has unique features I can't find anywhere else that I enjoy. The primary problem I, and others, have is that we are forced into PVP. If you are concerned giving PVE players a method to obtain stuff would "ruin" the game then your admitting there are more people whom don't want PVP.

      My solution would be to create T6/7/8 yellow zones which also contain resources up to T8. I would have no objection to leaving Avalonion stuff in Black lands, along with black lands having higher enchant rates. I honestly think making the portal zones and surrounding T5 with T2-5 resources sorta ruined outlands for me. I have no desire to go out there and try to travel 3 zones for T6 resources only to get portal ganked on the way back by 20 people gate camping. It's a waste of time.I found out for example even the winter bear only 2 lengths from the portal can be pulled back and stunned repeatedly by spear/claw users until your dead. Just takes enough of them, this isn't fun or challenging in anyway. Black zone harvesting is not "risk" anymore than those of you with no brain jumping off a 20 story building onto pavement is "risk".

      Allow people to experience the game PVE and you won't have issues with scouts. Leave us alone and go PVP with people of like mind. You have Arena's, Crystal League, ZVZ, etc. Have fun, but dont' force us to play your way.

      Also for those upset with scouts - How dumb is people able to walk into dungeons "unflagged" and finding the player then "flagging" just out of range. Lets make pvp flagging only in city, I can't faction flag anywhere I feel I don't see why someone can PVP flag anywhere.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Nahso ().

    • But do you know that t7-t8 resources without the risk of a gank will destroy the whole game economy, and make them worthless just like t4 and t5?

      Their price is high only because collecting them exposes you to the risk of gank. The whole meaning of this game and BZ is that only there is end game content available, and you need to take risks to participate.
      The fact of hideouts of mega-alliance gives some a significant advantage and zerg 10 people vs 1 gatherer are stupid, but after recent changes group gank is less effective and will not be as frequent. Collecting materials is also posible and still profitable. I run solo, don't have hideouts or terain in BZ and I collect t7 and t8 skins and wood without any problems. One death a week is a small price compared to earnings from gathering.

      Yellow t7 and t8 zones cannot appear because it would require rewriting the whole game. Removing ganks, changing economy and crafting, and removing silver to gold exchanges that rely on a limited amount of raw materials, and silver and items sink from trash rate after death. This game is based on a symbiosis between PvP, PvE and gatergin / crafting.
    • Nahso wrote:

      I think a solution might be easier than everyone is making it out to be. Everyone here continues to use a few terms, PVE players, PVP players, and gankers. I myself am in the PVE players part, why I enjoy this game without PVP isn't up to you. This game has unique features I can't find anywhere else that I enjoy. The primary problem I, and others, have is that we are forced into PVP. If you are concerned giving PVE players a method to obtain stuff would "ruin" the game then your admitting there are more people whom don't want PVP.

      My solution would be to create T6/7/8 yellow zones which also contain resources up to T8. I would have no objection to leaving Avalonion stuff in Black lands, along with black lands having higher enchant rates. I honestly think making the portal zones and surrounding T5 with T2-5 resources sorta ruined outlands for me. I have no desire to go out there and try to travel 3 zones for T6 resources only to get portal ganked on the way back by 20 people gate camping. It's a waste of time.I found out for example even the winter bear only 2 lengths from the portal can be pulled back and stunned repeatedly by spear/claw users until your dead. Just takes enough of them, this isn't fun or challenging in anyway. Black zone harvesting is not "risk" anymore than those of you with no brain jumping off a 20 story building onto pavement is "risk".

      Allow people to experience the game PVE and you won't have issues with scouts. Leave us alone and go PVP with people of like mind. You have Arena's, Crystal League, ZVZ, etc. Have fun, but dont' force us to play your way.

      Also for those upset with scouts - How dumb is people able to walk into dungeons "unflagged" and finding the player then "flagging" just out of range. Lets make pvp flagging only in city, I can't faction flag anywhere I feel I don't see why someone can PVP flag anywhere.
      Your t6 and t8 yellow zone will never exist even if the game dies completely. That's against all SBI's game design choice.

      Also making t6 and t8 yellow will make :
      1) Everyone going in thoses maps, pve players, pvp players that don't want to lose stuff, gatherer, etc just because it's safe and there is no risk exept durability... so the red zone and black zone will be dead.
      2) Because of the facto yellow zone there will be divers ang gankers that will come down you just to bully you, in the end nothing will change (you don't lose stuff but all the dura loss you will get because of that makes up for the loot)
      3) Because of 2, scouts will still be there. It won't solve this issue and it will create multiples ones
      4) Black zone ironically is quite a safe area (i would say as much pvp action as yellow zone but you have the full lot aspect) and depending of certain condition it's even safer Example -> off cta period, out of portal maps, in which city do you go for bz). Multiple times i could ff 1h30-2h straigt into a bz t8 solo rd without any ganker and divers.

      If your issue is portal gankers and roaming gankers, feel free to dm me for question and tips.

      About the scouts in rd, since the introduction of dura loss mechanic, it might end the 5man solo dungeon dive meta and the 9 man group dungeon dive meta.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Owlsane ().

    • Nahso wrote:

      I think a solution might be easier than everyone is making it out to be. Everyone here continues to use a few terms, PVE players, PVP players, and gankers. I myself am in the PVE players part, why I enjoy this game without PVP isn't up to you. This game has unique features I can't find anywhere else that I enjoy. The primary problem I, and others, have is that we are forced into PVP. If you are concerned giving PVE players a method to obtain stuff would "ruin" the game then your admitting there are more people whom don't want PVP.

      My solution would be to create T6/7/8 yellow zones which also contain resources up to T8. I would have no objection to leaving Avalonion stuff in Black lands, along with black lands having higher enchant rates. I honestly think making the portal zones and surrounding T5 with T2-5 resources sorta ruined outlands for me. I have no desire to go out there and try to travel 3 zones for T6 resources only to get portal ganked on the way back by 20 people gate camping. It's a waste of time.I found out for example even the winter bear only 2 lengths from the portal can be pulled back and stunned repeatedly by spear/claw users until your dead. Just takes enough of them, this isn't fun or challenging in anyway. Black zone harvesting is not "risk" anymore than those of you with no brain jumping off a 20 story building onto pavement is "risk".

      Allow people to experience the game PVE and you won't have issues with scouts. Leave us alone and go PVP with people of like mind. You have Arena's, Crystal League, ZVZ, etc. Have fun, but dont' force us to play your way.

      Also for those upset with scouts - How dumb is people able to walk into dungeons "unflagged" and finding the player then "flagging" just out of range. Lets make pvp flagging only in city, I can't faction flag anywhere I feel I don't see why someone can PVP flag anywhere.
      carebear ruining the only full loot pvp on the market, what else is new, please quit albion and go play another game, this is not the game for you. This type of mentality is not meant for full loot open world pvp, you belong in fortnite or other cash grab theme park games like wow, runescape, basically all the top twitch games you will something that caters to you. Don't bring your mentality here, we don't want it.

      high risk high reward, that's what makes things worth something. how can you not see when stuff is free and easy, it means nothing?
    • I see no issues with scout. Player pay incentive in return for security. Moreover another way for player (or new player) to make money.
      I totally disagree that scout kill SRB. Player find their own solution for problem, pretty sandbox for me.

      Diver are basically "prepared" themselves to gank unexpected player, which i do not see any high risk or competitive skill at all. As if shooting someone from the back. For me their are just looter to pray on unexpected player. No contest at all.

      But bear in mind that, game is a product for SBI, to sustain (or generating profit) first they need new market (player) and then create commitment so that they stick to this game and eventually create demand (spending in game).

      This whole stay at home situation is good chance for SBI to attract more audience, but imagine everyone start playing this game and then while progress to early-mid game they get gank non stop and halt progress, they will stop playing or find alternative eventually.

      Thus SBI really need to look into this matter, get more feedback for new and experience player (both PVP and PVE player)
    • B4rr4cud4 wrote:

      [...]
      The best is when we find spotters in solo dungeon...this is so shit.
      [...]

      I like this part. xD If you want to ask the hen-and-egg question about which one came first: Spotters in solo dugeons or 3 to 5 ppl diving into solo dungeons ... I can tell you, the answer is no surprise. ppl try to defend themself against kinda unfair methods with other kinda unfair methods. What's your point again? "You" started this kinda unfair armament. So deal with it.
    • Niefart wrote:

      But do you know that t7-t8 resources without the risk of a gank will destroy the whole game economy, and make them worthless just like t4 and t5?

      Their price is high only because collecting them exposes you to the risk of gank. The whole meaning of this game and BZ is that only there is end game content available, and you need to take risks to participate.
      The fact of hideouts of mega-alliance gives some a significant advantage and zerg 10 people vs 1 gatherer are stupid, but after recent changes group gank is less effective and will not be as frequent. Collecting materials is also posible and still profitable. I run solo, don't have hideouts or terain in BZ and I collect t7 and t8 skins and wood without any problems. One death a week is a small price compared to earnings from gathering.

      Yellow t7 and t8 zones cannot appear because it would require rewriting the whole game. Removing ganks, changing economy and crafting, and removing silver to gold exchanges that rely on a limited amount of raw materials, and silver and items sink from trash rate after death. This game is based on a symbiosis between PvP, PvE and gatergin / crafting.
      I don't agree with idea that T7-T8 resources should be on yellow zone but even will be this don't change 0 about economy.

      Their price is high only because collecting them exposes you to the risk of gank - wrong
      This price is high because from this you can craft high lvl weapons and armors and this resources are limited.
      All resources always go to market like resources or sets/weapons. Only different its who delivers this resources (now gankers and big guilds alliances/guilds)

      In this subjects problems its totally different. near everybody want this game like hardcore PvP without any rules but next many of this guys go to the forum and cry like morons about scouts. Main problem on this game "without rules its only smal % of hardcore PvP players". Rest of this guys are totally morons. They only have wet dream about good PvP try ganking 10 vs 1 gatherer/3 vs 1 in single dungs or 9 vs 5 in BD.