Feedback planned combat changes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Feedback planned combat changes

I do not belive, that this feedback will affect anything, nevertheless i at least offer it:

Arcane Staffs
      Added new Ability: Magic Shock (Q-slot / all Arcane Staffs)
      A Magic Shock in a 3m radius ground target. Enemies hit receive 100 magic damage and are rooted for 0.6s
      Cooldown 3s
      Cast Time: 0.5s
      Motivating Cleanse (all Arcane Staffs)
      Can now be cast on the ground (can still be cast when stunned)
      The movement speed increase is now applied to up to 5 allies in the area
      Range: 9m -> 11m
      Energycost: 10 -> 10% of Max Energy
      MoveSpeed Increase: 20% -> 40%
      MoveSpeed Duration: 5s -> 3s
      Void (Malevolent Locus)
      Cooldown Scaling:
      900 Item Power = 48.6s -> 46s
      1200 Item Power = 45s -> 40s
      1700 Item Power = 39s -> 30s

Magic Shock on a Q slot: the problem with arcane is, it has zero solo ability as all but E is single target, maximum solo is witchwork, but no AOE on q. Now you put AOE, even with a small root, low cast time, but a huge Cooldown. If you compare that to the spamable AOE Q of frost or fire, this is at best a kite spell. But it has no E or W to synergize with it. Asi it is not on test, it is hard to say if it is good, as cast range and such are still open.

Motivating cleanse is a ZvZ or group gank spell. It will make gankers wet dream on an occult. it will make the escape of a solo player now even worse, but well as if it would matter with fear ravens husky and 10 man gank groups..

Locus, no comment i don't care it is ZvZ i have no oppinion nor interest in that

Axes
      Morgana Raven (Carrioncaller)
      Projectile Range: 15m -> 20m
      Projectile Speed: 13.68m/s -> 20.00m/s
      Hitdelay: 0.2 -> 0.3
      Standtime: 1s -> 0.6s
      Healing Reduction: 35% -> 40%

The experiment to push raven even further is for me too early. Can be right, no clue, the meta on Q stacks just fixed. I would not double dip on balance as long as i not yet see the full impact on the last Q change. Without the Q changes recently good change.

Daggers
      Chain Slash: (all Daggers)
      Max Range for dashing to the next target: 8m -> 6m
      Now the caster is invulnerable while dashing between targets
      Damage: 106 -> 150
      Cooldown: 12s -> 15s

nice group small scale thing, though shadow edge is probably the way to go..If you have one skill that is super good, it makes no difference if you make a bad skill a little better..

Fire Staffs
      Fire Bolt (all Fire Staffs)
      Cast Time: 1s -> 0.7s
      Impact Damage: 87.52 -> 70.00
      DoT Damage: 5.72 -> 5.50
      Energy Cost: 4 -> 3
      Ignite (all Fire Staffs)
      Hitdelay: 0.3s -> 0s
      Standtime: 0.4s -> 0.2s
      Instant Damage: 96.23 -> 140.00
      Removed the Dot
      Now, Hitting a target below 20% Health gives a 40% Move- and Cast Speed buff for 3 seconds.

What was wrong with ignite and fire? well changing for the sake of changing? wasted resources for me other things have more issues..but well, something new at least? I think 20 % is a bit low, because if it is 20 % i E it e.g. on great fire and it is dead..40 %?

Holy Staffs
      Holy Blessing (all Holy Staffs)
      Duration: 5s -> 4s

What was wrong with blessing? lifetouch E and clear is the issue in small scale, but it is okay, some other E are just too weak.

Maces
      Deap Leap (one handed Mace)
      The ability now always deals the same amount of damage: The current mid range damage
      The 2m center now stuns enemies for 2.2s
      The 5m area slows enemies by 30% for 3s

Finally ..but i'd be okay to bring back the old mace...but if you want to do some codings..okay..

Nature Staffs
      Cleanse Heal (all Nature Staffs)
      Can now be cast at the ground (can still be cast when stunned)
      The Heal over Time and Cleanse is applied to up to 5 allies in the area

ZvZ thing, nature has other problems and giving a ZvZ option is a non issue solution.

Helmets
      Iceblock (Cleric Cowl)
      While in Iceblock, incoming Healing is reduced by 50%

Duo healer meta 5on5 fix - okay

Missing:

Guardian helmet / curse?
      Nature passives for thorn play?
      Dagger on target passives?
      Glaive E no stack loss?
      Robe of impurity?
      Carving / Sword heroics maybe reduce the 12 % to 7% per hero?
      Frost snowball?
      Enigmatic?
      Fire Magma?

Overall feedback - i have no clue, why you touch some of the things you touch, nature, holy, fire. The reason for touching these, might be in ZvZ, though i have doubts.

some of the changes i understand, like the 1h mace, but i would simply revert the old functionality mace was great in the old day and fun to play.

My rating on a small scale view on these changes so far: 3 of 10
      Might look different from the Zerg perspective, and i know it is still the begiing of balance updates.
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

Magic Shock on a Q slot: the problem with arcane is, it has zero solo ability as all but E is single target, maximum solo is witchwork, but no AOE on q. Now you put AOE, even with a small root, low cast time, but a huge Cooldown. If you compare that to the spamable AOE Q of frost or fire, this is at best a kite spell. But it has no E or W to synergize with it. Asi it is not on test, it is hard to say if it is good, as cast range and such are still open.

spell is gonna be very good for arcane tank for cgvgs
    • tabooshka wrote:

Hollywoodi wrote:

spell is gonna be very good for arcane tank for cgvgs
      why? Did not even know we play arcane tanks in higher crystal, but maybe I am not up-to-date. Since gvg destruction I have never touched it again to be honest.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hollywoodi ().

• Also whilst your changing stuff. Fix Claymore and let it stun mounts again. I have NO idea why this weapon doesn't stun mounts when every other stun does.

You really need to review the mechanics and ensure skills such as purge / stun are consistent across weapons /skills. Having an ability work in certain way in situation A and different in situation B (which renders it usless) is poor design.

Purge... doesn't work on these skills.
      Reflect... doesn't work on these skills.
      Cleanse... doesnt work on these skills...
      Stun... etc

This inconsistecy just means players run around and swap out the head piece if there's nothing to purge / reflect.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Drift ().

• no love for spears? heron spear is one of the few items in the game with 2 skillshots on Q and E, it should not be so lackluster. Inner Focus needs some Movement Speed back to make spears viable again in Open World... what role do spears play now? none? Should I switch weapon?

Also infernal scythe is dogshite compared to halberd? it's a soul artifact. So many items are not competitive and guardian helm is sitting being abused left and right along with cultist robes. Yet the changes are so poor.

open world is stale because many good options nerfed now you either pick bow, warbow, carving sword, greataxe or be dead

The post was edited 3 times, last by Sythe ().

• What is a kiting / mobility build?

There is mobility in the game, like e.g. swords. Swords are in itself mobile as .. especially carving.

That is no mobility build that is a weapon super mobil

If U add on top demon boots / invis cape u never get stopped by another solo player..

But that is no kite build, that is an escape build..