Testserver Patch Notes - Queen Patch 11

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• PrintsKaspian wrote:

Increased Fame, Silver, and Respawn Time for High-Level Enemies
      • Rewards for killing Veteran and Elite Enemies have been buffed at the following locations:
        • World Boss Locations
        • Static dungeons (dungeons that are displayed as fixed points on the map)
      • The following reward increases apply:
        • Fame rewarded: +30%
        • Overall Silver and Silver-related loot drops: +30%
      • The overall window in which a given veteran mob can respawn has increased:
        • Previous: Between 15 and 25 minutes
        • New: Between 15 and 30 minutes
        • As a result, the average respawn time has increased from 20 minutes to 22.5 minutes
      Increased Durability Loss Based on Number of Attackers
      • Item durability loss now scales based on the number of players who attacked the victim. This change will only apply in areas where player vs. player combat is lethal, and does not apply in the following cases:
        • When all players involved in the kill are faction flagged
        • During Crystal League Battles
        • In Hellgates
      • The chart below shows the increase in durability loss per additional attacker. (Note: items with durability loss are not destroyed, but are also not usable until they are repaired.)
      Number of attackersDurability loss per item
      120-40%
      223-46%
      326-52%
      429-58%
      532-64%
      635-70%
      738-76%
      841-82%
      944-88%
      1047-94%
      11+50-100%

Accordingly, durability loss of items upon death after knockdown (e.g by a mob) has been increased and results in the same amount of durability loss as being killed directly by another player.
      When it comes to these two changes, could you be a bit more precise ?

About the fame/silver/drop changes in static dungeon:
      - Is the fame given by Veteran bosses only changed or the whole static dungeon is impacted ? Do you mean that the fame + silver + loot are increased by 30% in all the dungeon or only for the veteran boss kill ? What are Silver-loot related drops ? Silver bags similarly to Random Dungeon ?
      - How does the spawn mechanics of Veteran Bossed work ? When a boss spawns its either veteran or not ? Or a normal boss may turn in a veteran boss ?

About the trash change mechanics:
      - Whats the current trash mechanics ? From my different experiment In game its Y% of direct trash chance (which is around -30% atm on T2 items) OR -X% durability if no trash is applied (-5% on T2 items). How these trash figures change with tier, since I remember this was a topic of a past update, but didnt find it.
      - What do you mean by Durability loss affected item are not destroyed but cannot be equiped ? Do you imply that now only piece of gear that have 100% durability can be equipped ?

@PrintsKaspian

Thanks for any future answer ;)
    • @bishDEFORMED perhaps stop overcharging every ZvZ? Perhaps standard ZvZ fights should start to be just 6.1 equivalent? This behavior of bringing out huge 8.1 gear for every ZvZ AND OCing it is insane anyway. Hopefully this will help people think twice about that going forward. With all that said this change does not change the cost of OCing as far as I can tell that chart is the durability chance of gear on players killed. So yes ZvZ gear looted profits will reduce but your specific OC cost is the same.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tabor ().

• Tabor wrote:

@bishDEFORMED perhaps stop overcharging every ZvZ? Perhaps standard ZvZ fights should start to be just 6.1 equivalent? This behavior of bringing out huge 8.1 gear for every ZvZ AND OCing it is insane anyway. Hopefully this will help people think twice about that going forward. With all that said this change does not change the cost of OCing as far as I can tell that chart is the durability chance of gear on players killed. So yes ZvZ gear looted profits will reduce but your specific OC cost is the same.
      @Tabor

You are Wong my friend.

I dunno if it is bug or feature, but u can free overcharge, if u repair before remove.

The formula takes your damage, multiplies it with a value on removal and if it is above treashold it breaks.

That's why if u repair to 100% dura und can free overcharge..
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

Tabor wrote:

@bishDEFORMED perhaps stop overcharging every ZvZ? Perhaps standard ZvZ fights should start to be just 6.1 equivalent? This behavior of bringing out huge 8.1 gear for every ZvZ AND OCing it is insane anyway. Hopefully this will help people think twice about that going forward. With all that said this change does not change the cost of OCing as far as I can tell that chart is the durability chance of gear on players killed. So yes ZvZ gear looted profits will reduce but your specific OC cost is the same.
      @Tabor
      You are Wong my friend.

I dunno if it is bug or feature, but u can free overcharge, if u repair before remove.

The formula takes your damage, multiplies it with a value on removal and if it is above treashold it breaks.

That's why if u repair to 100% dura und can free overcharge..
      I really don't think that's correct, I've definitely repaired my gear before removing overcharge and items have still broken. I'm am fairly certain it's a flat % chance for any piece of OC gear to break no matter what the durability level is.
      AO Quick Reference Guide
      Discord: Grimhawke#9254

• bishDEFORMED wrote:

I hope you reconsider durability change since it will definetely ruin the game and you will have to hot fix afterwards. Just look at the numbers and rethink. If this change goes live then every overcharged item will just be trashable.
      Just to avoid any potential misunderstanding, the durability loss in itself will not trash an item, it will still be repairable even if it hits 0 durability. The trash rate will remain at 30%. What will increase though is the average repair cost due to the higher dura losses. (that's maybe what you meant in the first place, though)
    • Robinhoodrs wrote:

Legit what were you thinking when you thought about those durability loss changes based on the amount of attackers... 11+ = 50-100%? WHAT? Do you even play your own game? Do you know how end-game guilds function?

The cost of this during ZvZ is MASSIVE, heck even small scale this change screws over everyone, how can a guild sustain itself with this change? You know guilds that issue ZvZ sets to its players use the sets that are looted and cycle them back into the guild at a later date, how in the hell do you expect a guild to survive with this change? It simple can't.

I get you wanna submit to all the cry babies on reddit about getting ganked by a group larger than 10 for their gathering set, but you seem to have forgot about the rest of the playerbase... this is the WORST change you've came out with in the history of Albion and will cause the collapse of so many guilds big and small if it's implemented in its current form.
      I'm a gatherer, this change might be good for me but I have to be fair, for zvz lovers it's very bad. You have a point.
      The system will need some balance and intelligence to spot when is zvz scenario. Conditions where durability loss shouldn't be applied:
      • The player is involved in a party 20 or more players that are in the same zone
      • The zone is within the fighting schedule, when is possible conquer the territory or destroy the hideout
      If there's 50 vs 50 players zvz, each group must be in a party, and is in fighting schedule. Durability loss shouldn't be applied
      [b]If there's 50 vs 50 players zvz, each group must be in a party, and is outside fighting schedule. Durability loss should be applied[/b]
      If I'm doing a solo activity or on small group on fighting schedule and there's a gank. [b][b]Durability loss should be applied[/b]. Small group could be a party with 5 or less players in the some in moment of the attack.[/b]

If is possible implement those rules or something similar, it might be possible to find a fair balance between zvz and a solo player being attacked by a big group
    • Korn wrote:

bishDEFORMED wrote:

I hope you reconsider durability change since it will definetely ruin the game and you will have to hot fix afterwards. Just look at the numbers and rethink. If this change goes live then every overcharged item will just be trashable.
      Just to avoid any potential misunderstanding, the durability loss in itself will not trash an item, it will still be repairable even if it hits 0 durability. The trash rate will remain at 30%. What will increase though is the average repair cost due to the higher dura losses. (that's maybe what you meant in the first place, though)
      @Korn

Okay.. but why? What's the point of this change?

The way loot works in ZvZ should not change.
    • If these numbers were ran as ratios instead of flats I'd be much more excited about it.

10v1 -> 10:1 ratio that's pretty one-sided and should have a higher trash rate

60v40 > 3:2 ratio is should result in some trash but not as high as 10:1, yet when someone dies with 45 assists we're gonna hit the max dura penalty. I'm not sure that's the right idea.
    • Phosphia wrote:

Korn wrote:

bishDEFORMED wrote:

@Korn
      Okay.. but why? What's the point of this change?

The way loot works in ZvZ should not change.
      why not ? big guilds bully small guilds and treat them like pinatas and there is no drawback for just setting a recruitment level higher, its fine IRL but this just makes the game unhealthy
    • So whats gonna happen with avalonian dungeon diving? people in 7.3 and other v high items? getting to 1% and having to pay millions for a repair fee's (GL with selling the items) ? As its not hard enough alredy to even find somene doing a dungeon?
      Whats gonna happen to zvz's and other open world fights? not everyone plays this game just for the instanced 5v5 fights or faction fights against a horde of 4.1 blood letters
      It's just an extra cost / silver sink to an alredy expensive over charge
      Reset days largest ZVZ event in the game with constantly high amounts of people? Fights over territories? hideouts? have you forgotten you want the game to be zvz based? that you removed gvg control over territory? that you dont want 5 players to control the world map? now you want to kill off zvz as well?
      People over charge in fights and lose items - silver loss + this change with the repair costs even more silver.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nikola12431 ().

• Korn wrote:

bishDEFORMED wrote:

It is usless then, trash rate should be also increased. Or this change is just usless.
      Why you still protecting the gamebreaking group ganking mechanics of no risk - huge profit?

The post was edited 1 time, last by iRawr ().

• HappyWoodChuck wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Increased Fame, Silver, and Respawn Time for High-Level Enemies
      • Rewards for killing Veteran and Elite Enemies have been buffed at the following locations:
        • World Boss Locations
        • Static dungeons (dungeons that are displayed as fixed points on the map)
      • The following reward increases apply:
        • Fame rewarded: +30%
        • Overall Silver and Silver-related loot drops: +30%
      • The overall window in which a given veteran mob can respawn has increased:
        • Previous: Between 15 and 25 minutes
        • New: Between 15 and 30 minutes
        • As a result, the average respawn time has increased from 20 minutes to 22.5 minutes
      Increased Durability Loss Based on Number of Attackers
      • Item durability loss now scales based on the number of players who attacked the victim. This change will only apply in areas where player vs. player combat is lethal, and does not apply in the following cases:
        • When all players involved in the kill are faction flagged
        • During Crystal League Battles
        • In Hellgates
      • The chart below shows the increase in durability loss per additional attacker. (Note: items with durability loss are not destroyed, but are also not usable until they are repaired.)
      Number of attackersDurability loss per item
      120-40%
      223-46%
      326-52%
      429-58%
      532-64%
      635-70%
      738-76%
      841-82%
      944-88%
      1047-94%
      11+50-100%

Accordingly, durability loss of items upon death after knockdown (e.g by a mob) has been increased and results in the same amount of durability loss as being killed directly by another player.
      When it comes to these two changes, could you be a bit more precise ?
      About the fame/silver/drop changes in static dungeon:
      - Is the fame given by Veteran bosses only changed or the whole static dungeon is impacted ? Do you mean that the fame + silver + loot are increased by 30% in all the dungeon or only for the veteran boss kill ? What are Silver-loot related drops ? Silver bags similarly to Random Dungeon ?
      - How does the spawn mechanics of Veteran Bossed work ? When a boss spawns its either veteran or not ? Or a normal boss may turn in a veteran boss ?

About the trash change mechanics:
      - Whats the current trash mechanics ? From my different experiment In game its Y% of direct trash chance (which is around -30% atm on T2 items) OR -X% durability if no trash is applied (-5% on T2 items). How these trash figures change with tier, since I remember this was a topic of a past update, but didnt find it.
      - What do you mean by Durability loss affected item are not destroyed but cannot be equiped ? Do you imply that now only piece of gear that have 100% durability can be equipped ?

@PrintsKaspian

Thanks for any future answer ;)
      @Korn any answer when it comes to the static dungeon change ?

Thanks for the answer about durability !
    • MEATCUP wrote:

If these numbers were ran as ratios instead of flats I'd be much more excited about it.

10v1 -> 10:1 ratio that's pretty one-sided and should have a higher trash rate

60v40 > 3:2 ratio is should result in some trash but not as high as 10:1, yet when someone dies with 45 assists we're gonna hit the max dura penalty. I'm not sure that's the right idea.

I really like this idea !

This way it works for small, medium and large scale pvp.

• 2 mega alliances fights in a huge 200 v 200 : same ratio, the winner has good loot
      • 1 mega alliance fight a solo guild : 200 v 80 : if the alliance wins, the items lost durability because they were more than double the numbers. If the solo guild wins, they has a less durability loss because the fight wasnt even
      • 1 gatherer dies by 15 gankers : all the items are at 1% because its obviously one sided
      • A small skirmish between 2 fame farm party on the road to the dungeon : even fight, same rate as the huge 200 v 200

I feel like this way it accomplishes what you're trying to implement and reduce the livings for the mega alliance

Edit :
      Well I forgot that because of the debuff thing, mega alliance are abusing it by splitting guilds..

So the 200 v 80 is in fact more like a (40 v 40 v 40 v 40 v 40) v 80, so the ratio is fucked up

The post was edited 1 time, last by CBRPLX ().

• Korn wrote:

bishDEFORMED wrote:

We all understand exactly what the change is. The point stands. You will absolutely need to hotfix this shit once its released, just do it now in advance instead of fucking up the game. It already costs millions to repair zvz loot for a guild, at least make it so kills with 25+ assists dont count or something? Maybe if the contingent has a certain number of players in the zone then this durability scaling doesnt happen? lots of better ways to do this.
      IGN: DungeonRealms
      Founded Elevate
      Won Season 9
      #1 Locus Kill Fame
      Held 6 cities till SBI deleted them :/