Pinned Queen Patch #11 - Mobile Player Feedback

• Queen Patch #11 - Mobile Player Feedback

Hello Albion Community,

this thread is for feedback on the experience on Patch 11 changes only. Any feedback you can give on these changes, especially the bad, can help make Albion a better experience on mobile for all players.
      Please see the update post for information about the changes: forum.albiononline.com/index.p…n-Patch-11-Mobile-Update/

If you haven't played the new version, please do not respond to this thread.

Please check the known issues below before posting. These are currently being worked on.

Compiled Known Issues as of 5.5.2020

UI
      • Personal season tutorial visually overlaps joystick control tutorial. -> Press down around the "Accept" button area. (Fixed)
      • Custom chat position is not correctly saved when changing zones
      • Zoom camera can be triggered by accident while rapidly using some buttons (e.g. use item, world map screen by double tapping the overview)
      • Player trade window scaling: window frame longer than it should be

Controls
      • When a ground targeted or skill-shot spell was already cast via auto target, additional drag-targeting UI of the same spell will not cancel/close
      • Tap movement within the joystick control scheme may make dashes go into wrong direction
      • The gathering auto action does not allow switching or skipping of low level resources yet

General issues
      • Crash issue on some android (especially Xiaomi) devices

Thank you,
      Merkur

The post was edited 10 times, last by Merkur ().

• I'm getting 404 from the URL that the older client asks me to update from (live.albiononline.com/autoupda…-full-1.16.396.165550.zip)
      And when downloading manually from the site (live.albiononline.com/clients/…5102729/Albion-Online.apk) google play protect is blocking and then when I choose install anyway it will not install.

Also strange is this client is 1.38gb compared to the older 1.99 I guess there were optimizations done? At any rate it's currently not working :(

Edit: Using Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
    • Zellidon wrote:

I'm getting 404 from the URL that the older client asks me to update from (live.albiononline.com/autoupda…-full-1.16.396.165550.zip)
      And when downloading manually from the site (live.albiononline.com/clients/…5102729/Albion-Online.apk) google play protect is blocking and then when I choose install anyway it will not install.

Also strange is this client is 1.38gb compared to the older 1.99 I guess there were optimizations done? At any rate it's currently not working :(

I had the same problems. What solved this problem for me was, when I first uninstalled the old client, then downloaded the .apk from the website and installed it again. It's only 1.38gb for me as well.

So far the new interface feels amazing! A huge step! Thank you, Merkur!

Edit:

So I've been running a couple of solo dungeons in the YZ with a Warbow to try out targeting and skill shots and heck: I would say with the new Auto-Targeting-Feature it's even easier to hit mobs with skill shots then it is on the PC. Though I guess it won't work well against moving targets in PVP, I will have to try and give this new client a spin in the BZ, after getting more used to it.

But apart from that, here are some problems that I have encountered so far:

- black screens after loading (happens on PC as well sometimes, guesss erverybody has experienced this before)
      - game freezing/endless stuttering after resetting camera or scrolling to fast on the world map (feels like my device can't handle the cluttered world map)
      - effects of skills stop showing until I restart the game (been an old problem of the mobile version for me)
      - random game crashes / endless stuttering without any error code

My Device is a Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro.

Also I want to suggest some quality of life features that would further improve my experience of playing on mobile:

- some kind of autowalk would be nice to give my thumb a little rest while traveling in the same direction for a while: maybe after 5 secs or so of going in the same direction the joystick locks and you could release your finger without stopping?
      - the Action-Button snaps on to low level resources all the time – while this isn't a big problem, as it doesn't happen in combat, still I would like to have a "I'm-not-here-for-gathering-mode"
      - the Action-Button doesn't snap on to buff shrines, which does not feel streamlined
      - an inspect-button or something like double pressing on a player to inspect would be awesome and would further increase the usability of the mobile client in PvP
      - some people have pressed the issue before for the pc version but is even more important on mobile: please make it so we can turn off the visibility of other players in Cities
      - spamming the use button on money bags zooms in and out of the interface, which is annoying. Again some people have pressed this issue before for the pc version: give us an use-all button!
      Don't call me Gandalf.

The post was edited 13 times, last by Galef ().

• Galef wrote:

Zellidon wrote:

I'm getting 404 from the URL that the older client asks me to update from (live.albiononline.com/autoupda…-full-1.16.396.165550.zip)

I had the same problems. What solved this problem for me was, when I first uninstalled the old client, then downloaded the .apk from the website and installed it again. It's only 1.38gb for me as well.
      So far the new interface feels amazing! A really big step! Thank you, Merkur!
      Awesome this worked thank you!
    • Issues:

1 - When rapidly tapping the 'Use' button on bags of silver or tomes, it causes the screen to zoom. Maybe do away with that and make zoom toggle only by clicking the magnifying glass.

2 - Swiping through items very touchy in inventory and bank. Slidebar same issue.

3 - Chat box keeps resizing itself to a default size when I zone even while locked. Have to unlock again to fix.

That's it!!! Amazing job!!!

The post was edited 1 time, last by SeekorBefound ().

• I want to just mention that the updated UI has been fantastic to use as compared to the previous version. The virtual joystick has greatly improved the play-ability on the smart phone I'm using (Samsung Galaxy Note 10). Being able to use my thumb for navigation vs my index finger is far more intuitive. The context based action button and the layout of skills is much better too. I am eager to spend more time with it, but overall I'm very impressed with the huge improvements that were made.

The only thing I've noted so far that may need reviewed is that when I resize the chat window (which has moved to the bottom middle of the screen) that it reverts when moving between zones.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Drahkin: Turns out it's just moving between zones that resizes chat to default, not restarting the app... ().

• Solomonn wrote:

I am playing with keyboard and mouse connected. When I move spells to the bottom of the screen from settings, it does not remember this setting when I close and reopen the game. It was also like this last version, is it a known bug?
      No, this shouldn't be. Will take a look at it.

SwankyDude wrote:

This patch completely broke the android version of the game for me. First off. The controls have been moved into awkward places and things have been changed that didn't need to be in this regard. Secondly the game is crashing every 30min or less and I am running a Razer Phone 2 with 8gb ram, previous to this patch I had no such issues.
      You can change the layout to tap controls in the options -> controls if you do not enjoy the joystick. What layout are you usually playing with?
      As for the crashes, that's really bad to hear. You were playing the patch before this one without crashes?
    • Something that i had before and i saw some posts on Brazilian Facebook Group about it is that Pocophone F1 'freezes' after some time playing.

When i tested it with my PC and the Pocophone, even though the game froze, i could see in the PC that the phone still accepted commands.

My character in the phone was still moving if i inputed commands in the phone screen, i just couldn't see it.
    • Hi, thanks for the nice improvements for the mobile platform. Plz fix the screen freezes and disconnects everytime we move into a new map. I get thrown back to the login screen everytime i go into a new area and the screen freezes every couple of minutes, doesnt matter what settings i use or how many ppl are around. It does it on both on my razer phone and huawei.