Pinned Queen Patch #11 - Mobile Update

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Queen Patch #11 - Mobile Update

Patch 11 - Mobile Update
      Greetings, Albion Community.

With Patch 11 and in preparation for the official launch in mobile app stores, we are adding the first version of an all new way to play Albion on mobile devices.
      Featuring virtual joystick controls, an updated HUD layout, all-new scaling for menus, an interface zoom camera and gesture improvements, like long presses and scroll behavior, we have begun tackling mobile’s largest control issues.

We are eager for your feedback as well. Feel invited to share your experience with and discuss these changes, (but please do not ask for when other features will arrive in this thread).

Now, let’s take a look at the new features in the mobile versions of Albion Online:

Evolution of the Mobile HUD BETA

Adjusting to the new joystick controls layout, the minimap is moving to the top-right of the HUD. With a larger layout and player icon, it is now also easier to see where you are going on small devices.
      Buttons for controlling zoom and pinging have moved into a context menu on the map itself that can be controlled via drag or swipe.
      The cluster label’s size and look has changed and it can now be pressed to open the cluster map as well as long-pressed to hide the minimap.

We’ve added a whole bunch of new textures for buttons and icons to round off the experience.

Compacted Elements

A compact party and quest view allows switching between your party and quests on the left side of the HUD, while still supporting custom placement of the party elements. You can now also snap the party elements back into their left-bound slot in the HUD.
      Queues can be retracted to save space and are now placed along the left side of the screen.

What’s New
      • Top-Right minimap layout
        • The cluster label’s size and look has changed
          • Zone player-count and time have moved to a new row
          • Zone color indicator is now centered on the label
          • (NEW) Label can now be pressed to open the cluster map as well as long-pressed to hide the minimap
        • Player icon on the minimap is now larger
        • (NEW) Drag-controlled context menu for zooming and pinging
        • Removed paper effect surrounding minimap
          • Added simple shadow
      • A compact Party and Quest view
        • Allows different viewable states for when player is in a party with a quest active
        • Custom placement of your party can be snapped back in place
        • The add party member button now also opens your friend list
      • Compact queues: queues can now be retracted to save space, and placed along the left side of the HUD
        • Press the arrow button or hold down the queue button to retract/extend
      • Added a more compact Destiny Board Tracker with larger achievement elements and settings
      • (NEW) The inventory button now shows current load as colored circle-fill inside the button
        • Removed weight load showing as percentage
      • Larger player HUD element
      • Chat now anchors to fit horizontal position on control scheme change
      • New button and icon graphics
      The Virtual Controller BETA

The biggest change in this patch is the first version of virtual joystick controls.
      This highly requested control scheme is both modeled after successful examples and hand-tailored to Albion’s requirements,
      allowing auto-targeting of enemies, target cycling, and dynamic context-based interactions with the world, such as gathering and fishing.

Of course, you are still able to switch to a tap-to-move layout, if you so wish.

What’s New

• A Virtual Joystick for movement
        • Snaps to your initial press position
      • Auto-targeting of attacks and spells
        • A single press targets the closest enemy, favoring current look direction
        • A long press tries to target yourself if possible

• Manual drag-targeting of ground-target spells and skillshots by dragging their respective buttons
        • Cast on release
        • Can be canceled by releasing on cancel area marked with (X)
      • Added an additional glow effect and target arrow to currently selected targets
      • Context-based interactions with the world around you for talking, entering, gathering, fishing, and collecting

Other Interface Improvements
      UI Scaling

With almost every window content in the game now being larger, depending on device sizes, this was a big step towards making Albion a better experience on phones, allowing for improved control and readability in all of Albion’s menus.

Zoom Camera

If things are still too small for you in certain menus (Albion Online is a complex game, after all!), try out double tapping the menu or pressing the little zoom button to enter zoom mode.
      This should help you see what you are doing even on the smallest of devices!

What’s New
      • A zoom camera for interfaces, with corresponding zoom buttons next to the close button of windows
        • Pinch zoom and zoom steps
        • Double tap to open/close
      Gesture improvements
      To round things off, we have extended the touch input system with new gestures:

What’s New
      • Improved list scrolling, item equipping and looting
        • Scrolling the inventory or equipping items can now be done more comfortably by just dragging and double tapping
      • Long press gestures
        • Holding certain buttons longer will now trigger different interactions.Try it on the cluster map label, queue buttons or the target button!
      Other Changes
      • Default in-game zoom level increased to 40%
      • Added introductory tutorial screens for joystick control schemes
      • New Options page to set control layouts and their options:
        • Option to switch between joystick and tap/mouse controls
        • Added a Tap to Move option for Joystick controls, allowing tap movement even with joystick movement
        • Dynamic Actions option for disabling context-based interactions
        • Spell Drag-Targeting option
      • Tap Controls:
        • New layouts for tap control buttons to match the new HUD
        • Simple drag-targeting added:
          • Drag a spell into the world to aim
          • Release to cast
          • Drag back onto button to cancel

Cheers,

Merkur

The post was edited 3 times, last by Merkur ().

• Nice work, honestly.

But how about you make the renderization better and the game running smoothly for the majority of your player's that use a PC? Like, no black screens, less FPS drops, a well functioned Cluster Queue system that doesn't get abused over and over, random disconects, displacement spells that doesn't work from time to time?
    • I started playing Albion on mobile a month ago. Never played it on pc. The controls we have right now is kinda difficult either by gathering or attacking. Most of the times we get ganked by players without even being able to fight back since it's hard to target the gankers.

With this update I'm pretty sure we'll be able to do so much more, you don't know how happy I am knowing this will be live a few weeks from now!

I know you're just getting started with these awesome updates so I'm also hoping we get improvements with connection or even ping in the future.

Supporting the game and lots of love from South East Asia.
    • Lunaxira wrote:

I started playing Albion on mobile a month ago. Never played it on pc. The controls we have right now is kinda difficult either by gathering or attacking. Most of the times we get ganked by players without even being able to fight back since it's hard to target the gankers.

With this update I'm pretty sure we'll be able to do so much more, you don't know how happy I am knowing this will be live a few weeks from now!

I know you're just getting started with these awesome updates so I'm also hoping we get improvements with connection or even ping in the future.

Supporting the game and lots of love from South East Asia.
      I Have never thought somebody can play it by phone! Yes, I tried it many times on my job, but I could not, because it's hard and stupid.
      But now I got why some ppl so strange in a game, they are really from the mobile!

PS. Не прошло и сто лет...
    • Merkur wrote:

Patch 11 - Mobile Update
      Greetings, Albion Community.

With Patch 11 and in preparation for the official launch in mobile app stores, we are adding the first version of an all new way to play Albion on mobile devices.
      Featuring virtual joystick controls, an updated HUD layout, all-new scaling for menus, an interface zoom camera and gesture improvements, like long presses and scroll behavior, we have begun tackling mobile’s largest control issues.

We are eager for your feedback as well. Feel invited to share your experience with and discuss these changes, (but please do not ask for when other features will arrive in this thread).

Now, let’s take a look at the new features in the mobile versions of Albion Online:

Evolution of the Mobile HUD BETA

Adjusting to the new joystick controls layout, the minimap is moving to the top-right of the HUD. With a larger layout and player icon, it is now also easier to see where you are going on small devices.
      Buttons for controlling zoom and pinging have moved into a context menu on the map itself that can be controlled via drag or swipe.
      The cluster label’s size and look has changed and it can now be pressed to open the cluster map as well as long-pressed to hide the minimap.

We’ve added a whole bunch of new textures for buttons and icons to round off the experience.

Compacted Elements

A compact party and quest view allows switching between your party and quests on the left side of the HUD, while still supporting custom placement of the party elements. You can now also snap the party elements back into their left-bound slot in the HUD.
      Queues can be retracted to save space and are now placed along the left side of the screen.

What’s New
      • Top-Right minimap layout
        • The cluster label’s size and look has changed
          • Zone player-count and time have moved to a new row
          • Zone color indicator is now centered on the label
          • (NEW) Label can now be pressed to open the cluster map as well as long-pressed to hide the minimap
        • Player icon on the minimap is now larger
        • (NEW) Drag-controlled context menu for zooming and pinging
        • Removed paper effect surrounding minimap
          • Added simple shadow
      • A compact Party and Quest view
        • Allows different viewable states for when player is in a party with a quest active
        • Custom placement of your party can be snapped back in place
        • The add party member button now also opens your friend list
      • Compact queues: queues can now be retracted to save space, and placed along the left side of the HUD
        • Press the arrow button or hold down the queue button to retract/extend
      • Added a more compact Destiny Board Tracker with larger achievement elements and settings
      • (NEW) The inventory button now shows current load as colored circle-fill inside the button
        • Removed weight load showing as percentage
      • Larger player HUD element
      • Chat now anchors to fit horizontal position on control scheme change
      • New button and icon graphics
      The Virtual Controller BETA

The biggest change in this patch is the first version of virtual joystick controls.
      This highly requested control scheme is both modeled after successful examples and hand-tailored to Albion’s requirements,
      allowing auto-targeting of enemies, target cycling, and dynamic context-based interactions with the world, such as gathering and fishing.

Of course, you are still able to switch to a tap-to-move layout, if you so wish.

What’s New

• A Virtual Joystick for movement
        • Snaps to your initial press position
      • Auto-targeting of attacks and spells
        • A single press targets the closest enemy, favoring current look direction
        • A long press tries to target yourself if possible

• Manual drag-targeting of ground-target spells and skillshots by dragging their respective buttons
        • Cast on release
        • Can be canceled by releasing on cancel area marked with (X)
      • Added an additional glow effect and target arrow to currently selected targets
      • Context-based interactions with the world around you for talking, entering, gathering, fishing, and collecting

Other Interface Improvements
      UI Scaling

With almost every window content in the game now being larger, depending on device sizes, this was a big step towards making Albion a better experience on phones, allowing for improved control and readability in all of Albion’s menus.

Zoom Camera

If things are still too small for you in certain menus (Albion Online is a complex game, after all!), try out double tapping the menu or pressing the little zoom button to enter zoom mode.
      This should help you see what you are doing even on the smallest of devices!

What’s New
      • A zoom camera for interfaces, with corresponding zoom buttons next to the close button of windows
        • Pinch zoom and zoom steps
        • Double tap to open/close
      Gesture improvements
      To round things off, we have extended the touch input system with new gestures:

What’s New
      • Improved list scrolling, item equipping and looting
        • Scrolling the inventory or equipping items can now be done more comfortably by just dragging and double tapping
      • Long press gestures
        • Holding certain buttons longer will now trigger different interactions.Try it on the cluster map label, queue buttons or the target button!
      Other Changes
      • Default in-game zoom level increased to 40%
      • Added introductory tutorial screens for joystick control schemes
      • New Options page to set control layouts and their options:
        • Option to switch between joystick and tap/mouse controls
        • Added a Tap to Move option for Joystick controls, allowing tap movement even with joystick movement
        • Dynamic Actions option for disabling context-based interactions
        • Spell Drag-Targeting option
      • Tap Controls:
        • New layouts for tap control buttons to match the new HUD
        • Simple drag-targeting added:
          • Drag a spell into the world to aim
          • Release to cast
          • Drag back onto button to cancel

Cheers,

Merkur
      Has been asked two times before me, but how could we join the iOs version?
      I've filled the form many times during these years, but never got the chance to try it.
      (have iPhone 11 and iPad Pro 2018 12,9")

Thank you.
    • Bro this really helps a lot. I am a PC player before but since this Quaratine happening right now i can't play albion on PC anymore for the reason that i dont have an acesss to a PC because i usually play in computer shops. (Im planning on buying one tho) .

So i decided to play Albion Online Mobile Version for like a month now. At first Playing Albion Online in a mobile version is so hard for me because of the "tap to move" sequence and i can't really move well enough and causes me to go in to a wrong direction and causes me death.

I also tried PVP/Ganking/ZvZ using my phone and bro its so damn hard to chase a person or even kill the guy.

Im just so Happy for this new version for the "Joystick Movement" and its so much better now. Its quite good in moving while in combat.

Also the "Manual Drag-Targeting" is so freaking amazing bro,its so damn good to land those skillshots with such precision,the skill range indicator as well really helps a lot for accuracy.

Also the "Combat and Action" really changed the mobile game pretty good. Unlike before that i need to tap on the specific monster to attack it and then clicking those spells at the same time vice versa...

Its great having these things in the game now, Its quite wonderfull for like moving and dodging boss or enemy skills now.

And i would also like to point out the "Zoom Interface" that its just so amazing. I can finally see now really well, especially when i stack my Food/Potions/Crafting Materials and ETC.... or for like buying in the market place.

I can now see the amount of the items that are stacked really well,unlike before that i need to move my phone close to my face to see if i bought the right amount of Food/Potions/Crafting Materials or ETC....

Its kinda a hassle before, because imagine for like buying 10 Healing potions or ETC.... and you mistakenly sometimes bought more than what you need and resulting in selling it again in the market place and you lose money like quite alot. but now with this Its pretty quite Convinient now.

All the new changes are Amazing and im happy to embrace all of it. <3 <3

Thanks for this :thumbup: <3 <3
      And big thanks to you guys clap clap clap keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Here is my IGN:
      SandersKun

The post was edited 1 time, last by dzoh_5 ().