Slow loading when changing zones

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Slow loading when changing zones

More often then not when I change zones I am the slowest of my group to load the new zone. Sometimes it takes around 10 seconds to load. This is quite frustrating and annoying. The people I play with have similar latency (16 ms.) and ping (140). I read that if you put the game on an SSD it will load significantly faster, but I can't see any difference between my old PC with normal HDD and my new PC with NVMe M.2 SSD. My RAM is 16 GB DDR4 2666 MHz. GPU is GTX 1660 Super, CPU i5-9600K. There is planty of free space on the SSD where the game is installed.
      Any ideas how to fix this will be highly appreciated.
    • It's most likely the game's fault. You're not the only one running into such an issue.

I for one noticed that whenever the loading screen between the zones is longer than 2 seconds, I enter the new cluster with 400 and sometimes even 1000 ping which won't go down. I need to re-enter the zone and hope for things to work that time around. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Game's just borked. It started happening yesterday for me, but this one's been around since 24th of March.
    • It happens to me as well, and not always, its random, or semi-random. I believe all the zones that share the same layout get cached, so when you enter a new zone-layout it tries to load it. The main problem here is that there is de-sync between when you are able to see (not black screen) and interact, with when others see you, you should be visible and the bubble start count, when you are able to move.

Also I would prefer a more "slow" or progressive load when entering BZ, rather than this dynamic load.
    • Oof 10 second load times would be basically unplayable in blackzone. The only people that I've ever seen with bad loading times didn't have SSD's, and getting them fixed the issues for those players. But even my friends with junky old regular hard drives never took 10 seconds to load. Sounds like you need to dive deeper.

Did you migrate any old hardware over from the the prior build to your upgrade? Have you tried different copies of the game (Albion version vs. Steam version)? What about your network speed? How much down and up do you have? Are your connection cables bad? Have you tried different PC's in the same house? All things that might be worth looking into to narrow down the problem.
    • @Azlen Thanks for your suggestions. I didn't migrate any hardware. This is a brand new PC. Tbh I haven't tried different copies of the game but I reinstalled and "repaired" it from the web site several times already. I have optic cable coming to my house and cable from the router to the PC. According to some speed tests I found on the net my speed is 85 Mbps. My old PC had more or less the same loading speeds between zones even though it was slower and with regular HDD. My ingame ping and latency don't seem to show any problem. Yet still sometimes I log instantly and sometimes it takes forever. Lately I even started to get disconected occasionally. When I log back in I skip the "choose character" scren and am logged directly in the new zone.
    • I have the same problem i am also using a nvme 2.0 SSD and i am thinking that the problem might be caused by that, all my friends who use sata ssd's don't experience this problem, i don't have any friends who has nvme 2 ssd's so i can't be sure but now that you said that you are also experiencing the same problem and also using a nvme 2 ssd my suspicion has grown more. I am pretty sure it is related to that.

I didn't try it yet but if you tried
      Did you have the same lag issue when you enter a cluster when you installed the game on your HDD? This problem is really annoying as sometimes when we gank i have to restart my game to fix it and i am more of a burden than help to my party
    • Slow loading time with SSD also lag problem

I have this problem where when i enter a new zone (not always) it will take me around 10 seconds to load in and when this happens i will experience a lag where it feels like i have 1000 2000 ms ping but my ping would actually be stable around 160, It is killing the blackzone experience for me as i have to exit and reenter the zone every single time this happens, and when i can't do that i have to restart my game. When we are ganking and we enter a new zone it is so frustrating when this happens
      I have 16 gb of ram, NVMe M.2 SSD 16 gb 3000 ghz ram, i7 7700k cpu and 1050 ti gpu
      if anyone has a fix i would really appreciate it
    • New

im having a lot of problems with loading screens. There are places which takes up to 3 MINUTES to load. Its unplayable. I tried the steam version and it was fine,l but i cant use my acc on Steam.

Even on mobile version the load time is like 5s.

Im not playing the PC version just because of the load time.

Obs: The game is running on a SSD NVME.
    • New

Mardito wrote:

im having a lot of problems with loading screens. There are places which takes up to 3 MINUTES to load. Its unplayable. I tried the steam version and it was fine,l but i cant use my acc on Steam.

Even on mobile version the load time is like 5s.

Im not playing the PC version just because of the load time.

Obs: The game is running on a SSD NVME.

Welcome to the forum @Mardito,

Please send a ticket to the Support Team to further troubleshoot your issue. You can submit a ticket here: albiononline.com/en/profile/support

~Evas_Flarelight
    • New

I have a consistent 4-5s loading time with my old rig and a consistent 1-2s loading time with the current one.

It's hardware related, though I don't know which improve the loading time, as I upgraded everything.

Kelshake wrote:

I have the same problem i am also using a nvme 2.0 SSD and i am thinking that the problem might be caused by that, all my friends who use sata ssd's don't experience this problem, i don't have any friends who has nvme 2 ssd's so i can't be sure but now that you said that you are also experiencing the same problem and also using a nvme 2 ssd my suspicion has grown more. I am pretty sure it is related to that.
      I have nvme 2.0 ssd too (the current one with 2s loading), it's probably sth else.
      Solo/duo player.
      Play mostly tank
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.

The post was edited 1 time, last by SpicyPepper ().