Number of 3-4 Divers in SRD is getting out Control

• Number of 3-4 Divers in SRD is getting out Control

I'm not usually one to complain about being outnumbered as a solo player or dying. I die multiple times a day from divers and gankers. No big deal. I take with me what I can easily replace, but the shear number of people who are grouping in teams of 3-4 people and then going into solo dungeons is just getting ridiculous. In fact, it's poor form. Like I don't even understand this mentality. It's just pure griefing at that point. The number of complete and utter shitbags in this game is just getting to be too much. If it keeps up, I might actually move on.
    • Always if that happens to us, if we try to 2gate and we get blob ganked with a fake hg team which is quite similar

I tell myself:

The people are okay. It is a sandbox. It is an activity with a good risk reward ratio.

4 divers in SRD - 0 risk
      Per dive - which is 5 min - 1-2 mio silver, per 4 is 500 k each 5 min. That is 2-3 mio per hour without any risk. Decent I'd say.

The issue is a different.

There are 3 easy fixes on the plate.
      Trashrate in SRD per amount of people
      Blobbing in SRD
      No group and friendly fire in SRD

SBI doesn't comment or implement, people are right to do that 7x24. Do not complain on people. A 2 mio per hour with zero risk which is even chase dive ganking is not bad for them. Of course it sucks for you..
    • Calesvol wrote:

I'm not usually one to complain about being outnumbered as a solo player or dying.
      But I just know youre gonna ...

Calesvol wrote:

I die multiple times a day from divers and gankers. No big deal. I take with me what I can easily replace
      Commendable. Thats the right attitude .. I like it.

Here it comes....

Calesvol wrote:

I don't even understand this mentality. It's just pure griefing at that point. The number of complete and utter shitbags in this game is just getting to be too much. If it keeps up, I might actually move on.
      aaaaaand there it is.

People have different play styles ... just because theirs is incompatible with yours and completely negates yours doesn't make it wrong in a game of this nature. According to you they are shit bags and its 'poor form' but in reality they are just playing the game their way and completely within the spirit of an openworld full loot PvP game. Just because it doesnt conform with your own standards doesnt make it wrong.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Midgard wrote:

People have different play styles ... just because theirs is incompatible with yours and completely negates yours doesn't make it wrong in a game of this nature. According to you they are shit bags and its 'poor form' but in reality they are just playing the game their way and completely within the spirit of an openworld full loot PvP game. Just because it doesnt conform with your own standards doesnt make it wrong.
      In the sense of people having different playstyles i completely aggree on that. In this game you are completely free to do whatever you can but as i said many times in various post (heated or not) the issue is not about forbidding this type of gameplay but how this way of doing rewards the group and how risk vs reward is unbalanced, incentivising hard this type of gameplay.

When you get killed by 1 dude, he get's half your gear (on average with thrashrate), when you get killed by 2 dudes, they get half your gear, when you get killed by 5 dudes, they get half your gear, when you get killed by 10 dudes, they get half your gear. The more they are the risk is lower to get the shit wrong.
      When you kill 1 or 2 or 5 or 10 dudes, you get half their gear. The more they are the riskier it is to get the shit wrong.

People will say "but if you kill 10 dudes you will get 10 lootbags so the risk vs reward is scaled acordingally" and i will answer yes... but no. People are selfish, lazy and avoir the risk if the incentivise are not there. I mean let's be real, if it was scaled accordingaly we wouldn't see gankers in SDR doing 4v1 5v1 most of the time, GRD with parties 2-3 time the size of the victim's, ganking in the BZ with a zerg of 15 people etc... that's a fact. It's so obvious that now i see more and more FF parties of 2-3, even 5 people doing solo random dungeon just to not get outnumbered by ganking parties. Pretty ironic for a content focused for solo players to be done by parties no?

That's why scaling thrashrate is a must right now to rebalance risk vs reward in that regard. If people want's to 1v3/4/7/20 he should get rewarded by having almost all their gears for the high risk of death they have and for the ones doing 20v1 10v1 5v1 they should get almost nothing for the almost non-existant risk they get (in the end the ones doing 20v1 will still do it but it will be just for the fun and not for the money). Of course scaling should be scaled accourdingaly depending the size of the fight etc etc but i'm just explaining a blueprint of the concept. You take high risk = you get high reward / you take low risk = you get low reward)

Topic of the concept : Suggestion : Scaling thrash rate and stackable item loss

The post was edited 1 time, last by Owlsane ().

• Midgard you can say players have different play styles sure but for those looking for real 1v1 fights with full loot IT DOES NOT EXIST so players are forced to look at SRDs for this content. However as the title states pussy players bring 4 people to these as well because they want to just roll over people. Zerging already exists in the entire OW it should not also dominate the instanced content. Albion is really dropping the ball with letting this N+1 coward behavior dominate all aspects right now. It also seems fairly obvious with the multitude of threads posted the past several months against zerging the player base is getting tired of the lazy devs promoting this style for the minority of the player base. Zerging should only exist for castle/territory warfare it should not have a place anywhere else.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Tabor ().

• @Owlsane

Well, in my opinion this system should be much easier.

As first step , this suggestion -

1. When you was assisted by 3+ man (doesn't matter was there in same group or not) , and after you die - trash rate of your items/mount will be around 90%.
      This rule works only if you die as solo , and was not in any group for last 10-15 minutes (so people would not abuse it).
      This rule will NOT work , if you are on a battle mount.

And this tiny change will tranform Albion daily PvP/Economic in a good way. No more broken snowball effect.
    • Equart wrote:

@Owlsane

Well, in my opinion this system should be much easier.

As first step , this suggestion -

1. When you was assisted by 3+ man (doesn't matter was there in same group or not) , and after you die - trash rate of your items/mount will be around 90%.
      This rule works only if you die as solo , and was not in any group for last 10-15 minutes (so people would not abuse it).
      This rule will NOT work , if you are on a battle mount.

And this tiny change will tranform Albion daily PvP/Economic in a good way. No more broken snowball effect.
      First thing that would happen is less loot in Auction House, more trash. More demand for low tier gear -> prices go up!

Also, it does not really stop people from griefing. People are already wearing flat T4 in the BZ so is the trash rate still an isssue to the ganker? The effect to the ganked remains the same.

I propose some sort of anti-ganking measures. There is a system to recover stuff from a lost hideout. Why not extend that and scale it so that it is more strong for new players. They get lets say 60% of gear restored with discounted fee for first week. Then it goes down after a while and the price goes up. This could maybe be linked to Reaver levels? (edit)

It could also be a silver sink. You pay a magical insurance for your gear and if you get ganked, you have an option to use it to recover some (not all) randomized gear you were wearing...

There is probably better options but that would affect positively the impression new players would get and reduce the effect of griefing and rage quitting that may follow.
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

if you're going to zones where you regularly get dove by 4-5 people, why not duo?

or go to someplace else lol

I love fighting 2-3 people as a solo, regardless of dying... so, it's not a problem for everyone. It certainly isn't "0 risk" to divers. :)
      Duo against 5 people in a "solo" dungeon. Either you have a lack of understanding in vocabulary or you are just another internet troll. Either way, your response is full of ignorance.
    • This rant is less about stopping this behavior or how to circumvent situations where this occurs, and more about how I just cannot believe the number of players that actually want to engage in this type of game play and how I am disgusted by that. Yes, the game is a sandbox, and as such, you should be able to play the way you want, which includes gang banging solos with 4-5 dudes.

With that said, if you like that sort of activity, then "I" think you're a shitbag, and I also think you suck at PVP. That's the rant.
    • Ah yes my favorite sandbox response. Except it is clearly guided by specific rule sets. So tomorrow if the Devs instituted a no grouping allowed update then you would have the all zerging flooding the forums saying blah blah I cannot team up to kill solos anymore. Would my reply simply be learn to play sandbox? No it is about a middle ground here. The MAIN reason most people do this N+1 content weak shit is because in current design it is profitable. They are not even doing it for fun they are doing it because it is literally one of the easiest ways to make income. Hence the balance is make it NOT so profitable since it is NOT a risky activity. High profit is suppose to come from high risk. Step in the increased trash rate proposal. If folks still want to gang bang people because that is their "sandbox" desire than more power to them it will just no longer be rewarding. Balance.