Weekly Update Thread from SBI?

    • Weekly Update Thread from SBI?

      There is a few popular games out, that do quite well, that have one common thing that makes them successful.

      Devs are talking continuously on their thoughts, progress issues, and the players feel envolved.

      I would really love if SBI could do that do that too.

      Week 12: we are testing.. we had issues serverload and... We are having lockdown Easter... We think that disarray...our current opinion on the things we need to adapt..

      Try to get the people involved. People spend hours in the game, I would love to see someone there on SBI side, and that is not support..it is what is going on..what is progress what is issues..what is current thinking
      ..
    • They seem to go through spurts where they do good communicating weekly in some fashion and than periods where they disappear for over a month. I feel what they definitely need/should do is have a spot on forums where they at least list their "concern" content or items they are not happy with that will be addressed in some fashion. If players have visibility to that it would help in their confidence of the game and the devs for that matter if the devs care about that sort of thing.
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

      There is a few popular games out, that do quite well, that have one common thing that makes them successful.

      Devs are talking continuously on their thoughts, progress issues, and the players feel envolved.

      I would really love if SBI could do that do that too.

      Week 12: we are testing.. we had issues serverload and... We are having lockdown Easter... We think that disarray...our current opinion on the things we need to adapt..

      Try to get the people involved. People spend hours in the game, I would love to see someone there on SBI side, and that is not support..it is what is going on..what is progress what is issues..what is current thinking
      ..

      Hey there, could you give us some examples of the popular games you mentioned, so that I could look into what they have done and bring this up to the devs? Thanks!

      Mytherceria#3744
    • Mytherceria wrote:

      Hey there Hoodiwoodi, could you give us some examples of the popular games you mentioned, so that I could look into what they have done and bring this up to the devs? Thanks!
      1. ARK: Survival evolved people has a weekly community crunch and are very transparent on all their updates. It's buggy af but people are kept engaged and know their problems won't get fixed next patch.
      2. Destiny 2 devs has an awesome community of YouTubers that make weekly news videos (from patch notes etc.), and there's always community discussions about developer decisions which even can lead to actual QoL changes mid-patch. They really listen to their players in this game. Adding back gamemodes because everyone wanted it back is a great example.
      3. Minion Masters guys are doing some great transparency too with their updates and how they think their changes works and trying to explain in-depth what it's about. (this gives a chance for community feedback before implementing new things)
      4. I can go on... What I've seen from SBI isn't consistent and not nearly transparent enough.
      It might be nice to know that you're gonna work on some things. But what's stopping you from sharing more details and getting feedback from hundreds of people (to see which ideas and suggestions are commonly agreed upon) before launching new features or changes? Why aren't you disclaiming which visual updates you've made and other small bugfixes? (don't disclaim exploits obviously but "we've fixed how big numbers grow when changing items looks" is way more transparent than "visual UI improvements")

      Also, why am I being ignored so heavily? I might be aggressive but I don't think I'm crossing any lines besides personal ones. Some people have a job they need to attend to by answering people on the forums.
    • Star citizen is still not out but each week there is a community update

      I dunno if this game will ever come out as planned but to my knowledge it has made 100 million already by just communication smart..and regular

      Yesterday I saw by accident an Albion interview of your CEO in buffed..

      I am pretty sure, Almost nobody here did read it.
      There was an article about queen how sbi perceived their feedback of players, and to be honest, I was surprised..

      And they spoke about roads of Avalon and the future, don't u think it might sense to even make the people here aware of it??

      And to be straight, there is SO many quick fixes people would love but I do not believe that feedback and suggestion even regularly reach the right people

      I give u one example. If u click in a new set of gear I always set my passives and my skills.. hello? Can't I set my preferred settings on most used items if I gear a new one?
      Regarding managing Sales orders.. seriously..on 4 lines? And Everytime I change something I have to scroll down again??

      Recommendation: play the game more intense or listen to players ...

      After last AMA on Reddit there was emdiate action, things kept moving..

      Now we have another dessert for some time..

      buffed.de/Albion-Online-Spiel-…ecials/Free2play-1347706/

      Here is the link btw..for those who missed it

      The post was edited 3 times, last by Hollywoodi ().

    • gideonflynn wrote:

      Also, why am I being ignored so heavily? I might be aggressive but I don't think I'm crossing any lines besides personal ones. Some people have a job they need to attend to by answering people on the forums.

      Hi, first of thanks for your feedback. Are there specific examples of where you felt ignored? I previously addressed @Hollywoodi as he mentioned about a number of games out that provide weekly updates and I wanted to find out more details from him.

      Hollywoodi wrote:

      Star citizen is still not out but each week there is a community update

      I dunno if this game will ever come out as planned but to my knowledge it has made 100 million already by just communication smart..and regular

      Yesterday I saw by accident an Albion interview of your CEO in buffed..

      I am pretty sure, Almost nobody here did read it.
      There was an article about queen how sbi perceived their feedback of players, and to be honest, I was surprised..

      And they spoke about roads of Avalon and the future, don't u think it might sense to even make the people here aware of it??

      And to be straight, there is SO many quick fixes people would love but I do not believe that feedback and suggestion even regularly reach the right people

      I give u one example. If u click in a new set of gear I always set my passives and my skills.. hello? Can't I set my preferred settings on most used items if I gear a new one?
      Regarding managing Sales orders.. seriously..on 4 lines? And Everytime I change something I have to scroll down again??

      Recommendation: play the game more intense or listen to players ...

      After last AMA on Reddit there was emdiate action, things kept moving..

      Now we have another dessert for some time..

      buffed.de/Albion-Online-Spiel-…ecials/Free2play-1347706/

      Here is the link btw..for those who missed it

      Thanks for the suggestion. We do have a list of things/fixes that players would like to see in-game and work on improving the game with each patch. Some may seem like a quick fix, but actually require more resources to implement, and whilst we would love to get everything in, this is not such an easy task. Nonetheless, we will try to roll out QoL features as much as we can to improve the gameplay experience for the community.

      As for the Roads of Avalon and the future, @Eltharyon previously published a statement about the Roadmap for 2020 and we also released a DevTalk about it. We have also been working on feedback regarding the Alliance Restriction Test and the next steps on it for Season 9. We also plan to do more DevTalks in the coming months too, so please keep an eye out for it!

      In the meantime, I will look into yours and @gideonflynn's suggestions regarding more regular updates to the community.

      Mytherceria#3744
    • Mytherceria wrote:

      gideonflynn wrote:

      Also, why am I being ignored so heavily? I might be aggressive but I don't think I'm crossing any lines besides personal ones. Some people have a job they need to attend to by answering people on the forums.
      Hi, first of thanks for your feedback. Are there specific examples of where you felt ignored? I previously addressed @Hollywoodi as he mentioned about a number of games out that provide weekly updates and I wanted to find out more details from him.

      Hollywoodi wrote:

      Star citizen is still not out but each week there is a community update

      I dunno if this game will ever come out as planned but to my knowledge it has made 100 million already by just communication smart..and regular

      Yesterday I saw by accident an Albion interview of your CEO in buffed..

      I am pretty sure, Almost nobody here did read it.
      There was an article about queen how sbi perceived their feedback of players, and to be honest, I was surprised..

      And they spoke about roads of Avalon and the future, don't u think it might sense to even make the people here aware of it??

      And to be straight, there is SO many quick fixes people would love but I do not believe that feedback and suggestion even regularly reach the right people

      I give u one example. If u click in a new set of gear I always set my passives and my skills.. hello? Can't I set my preferred settings on most used items if I gear a new one?
      Regarding managing Sales orders.. seriously..on 4 lines? And Everytime I change something I have to scroll down again??

      Recommendation: play the game more intense or listen to players ...

      After last AMA on Reddit there was emdiate action, things kept moving..

      Now we have another dessert for some time..

      buffed.de/Albion-Online-Spiel-…ecials/Free2play-1347706/

      Here is the link btw..for those who missed it
      Thanks for the suggestion. We do have a list of things/fixes that players would like to see in-game and work on improving the game with each patch. Some may seem like a quick fix, but actually require more resources to implement, and whilst we would love to get everything in, this is not such an easy task. Nonetheless, we will try to roll out QoL features as much as we can to improve the gameplay experience for the community.

      As for the Roads of Avalon and the future, @Eltharyon previously published a statement about the Roadmap for 2020 and we also released a DevTalk about it. We have also been working on feedback regarding the Alliance Restriction Test and the next steps on it for Season 9. We also plan to do more DevTalks in the coming months too, so please keep an eye out for it!

      In the meantime, I will look into yours and @gideonflynn's suggestions regarding more regular updates to the community.
      @Mytherceria yes my friend, I know all these posts. Especially the one where the "loaded" watchtower are explained. Exactly cause of this I am asking for a weekly update

      Look at this thread where Robin proposes this idea and gets feedback from everyone and their dog that this will not work as he intends it, and there is a literally long explanation why not.

      Unfortunately, even as he proposes the idea and asks for feedback, and the feedback is quite bad regarding the solution to force Megas in competition there is no update. All the people that commented and explained now stand there and wonder..what is conclusion.

      And to make it worse, you now point to this month old thread that was never tagged with a conclusion as an example of communication.

      I think to be honest that is not the best example I would highlight...unless I have really no better option.
    • @Mytherceria I've made a post in feedback/suggestions complaining about poor server performance from SBI in AO and talking about EU consumer protection law. It seems you're on the wrong side of the law, given the current state of things.


      The roadmap is great, please give os more information on specifics, anything really... dev problems, whoopsies and reimagining what certain things do. The devtalk is probably also okay... even though you kinda missed the point of the roadmap and has done the same thing twice. You could have a weekly devtalk where you talk about how many more or less problems you've had and what you're trying to do to fix it.

      The thing here is that you put things out in the world and we don't see you again for several days/weeks. You have to keep engaged with community, hire some more people to go speak with all the annoying persons and let your idea-makers work behind the scenes and constantly get feedback they need to accommodate. You need to make sure people feel heard and actually are heard.

      You can't go make a game that ties this much into people's life and blatantly ignore things SBI/SBI employees don't see fit. You are making a product for others not yourself. If people aren't satisfied, it's your problem for not clearing expectations up or not listening to the larger player-base as a whole.

      REALLY important decisions in a game like this could be voted for. You could also make 'rounds of feedback' for an idea, revising it every time with feedback from everyone pitching in. The two former suggestions can last weeks and would have many people - even those who haven't before - looking to voice their opinion because they know it'll get collected with all the other voices and finally shown to decision makers. they might even see their wording on the next round or the next weekly update.
    • Mytherceria wrote:

      Hollywoodi wrote:

      There is a few popular games out, that do quite well, that have one common thing that makes them successful.

      Devs are talking continuously on their thoughts, progress issues, and the players feel envolved.

      I would really love if SBI could do that do that too.

      Week 12: we are testing.. we had issues serverload and... We are having lockdown Easter... We think that disarray...our current opinion on the things we need to adapt..

      Try to get the people involved. People spend hours in the game, I would love to see someone there on SBI side, and that is not support..it is what is going on..what is progress what is issues..what is current thinking
      ..
      Hey there, could you give us some examples of the popular games you mentioned, so that I could look into what they have done and bring this up to the devs? Thanks!
      League of Legends does it pretty often.

      Ex:
      na.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/n…ameplay-thoughts-april-3/
    • @OceanSpirit Well that's still kind of ignoring it, unless I got the definition wrong? Furthermore, they went silent on me after I referred to my post with a link. What a coincidence... perhaps they don't want to answer and are trying to their best not to react to it.

      BTW... here's the definition of ignore and here's the definition of blatantly. Mods are clearly active and are refusing in a completely obvious and obtrusive manner to take notice of my post. These actions are marked by a noticeable violation of good taste. Move my post to the right spot or respond to it. @Mytherceria has been active they day after, a friday... several days after I made my post. There should be someone from SBI ensuring posts are in their right place and aren't left without answers, @Mytherceria surely can't be the only one right?
    • gideonflynn wrote:

      @OceanSpirit Well that's still kind of ignoring it, unless I got the definition wrong? Furthermore, they went silent on me after I referred to my post with a link. What a coincidence... perhaps they don't want to answer and are trying to their best not to react to it.

      BTW... here's the definition of ignore and here's the definition of blatantly. Mods are clearly active and are refusing in a completely obvious and obtrusive manner to take notice of my post. These actions are marked by a noticeable violation of good taste. Move my post to the right spot or respond to it. @Mytherceria has been active they day after, a friday... several days after I made my post. There should be someone from SBI ensuring posts are in their right place and aren't left without answers, @Mytherceria surely can't be the only one right?

      Hey there, thanks for the post. I have communicated with the devs about the reports of high ping, so they are aware, but I don't have a general update on that front at the moment. You could DM me the results of "tracert loginserver.live.albion.zone" in the command prompt when this issue occurs, so that I can pass it on to the devs to look at it specifically.

      Mytherceria#3744
    • All I asked for...

      They're stil not addressing that they're probably breaking EU consumer protection law but whatever, I don't want to spend too much time on this... I'd just love to see AO in a globally playable state... Like how is it fair that reset happens midday for GMT+1 people? GMT (-3 to +4) have primetime during reset and get all the resources while so many Americans etc. who're playing this game get's screwed.

      This game wasn't meant to be played globally by thousands of people at a time. Change it or don't sell your fucking product.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by gideonflynn: It wasn't ALL I asked for. I got a response, but still not on MY post. They are still blatantly ignoring my post. ().