Gathering Question

• Gathering Question

As I level up my gathering and refining professions I obviously still need lower tier mats for processing. Is it more efficient to keep gathering everything I see and scrape the zone clean or be more picky and just gather the couple highest tiers of the zone I'm in and sell a portion to buy lower tiers?
    • Gimblewald wrote:

As I level up my gathering and refining professions I obviously still need lower tier mats for processing. Is it more efficient to keep gathering everything I see and scrape the zone clean or be more picky and just gather the couple highest tiers of the zone I'm in and sell a portion to buy lower tiers?
      It's kinda preference. Once you get the chance to farm t8/7/6 then i would focus on those for silver. If you're looking for refining and crafting then i would gather everything t4+ if you're looking to do huge quantities. you can always buy the materials needed for crafting. With how gathering is atm either way you go, good luck man.
    • I recently started to gather leather from the T4+ mobs around Bridgewatch and from what I've seen, it's not really worth the shot to gather and refine anything below T4. Also, T4 gathering gives you the opportunity to get rarer materials, known as T4.x (.1 .2 and .3) which are worth a ton when refined.

So, I would spend a lot of time farming T4s and as many T1-3 needed to get my "special" T4+ mats refined. That way, you can sell lesser quality hides that you loot and focus on the better, rarer ones.

Also, if you don't have an island already, heavily recommend getting island lvl 2 with some buildings in order to save on those crazy usage fees in big cities.
      IGN : Sigismun
      Guild: EMPi
      Halberd warrior on it's way to 1mil fame!
    • I don't get why those leveling up gathering don't strip the whole zone, even with t3 I'm getting 27 fame per hit, it all adds up and it gets very easy to gather.

If however you are making a load on t6 and above, pay for a stack of the lower tier, it let's you have more time gathering the higher tiers, plus stimulates the economy in the lower tiers, generating both a profit for them and also more people will compete.

Also report those dirty bots.
      [i][u][b]"Best not type too much I may get in trouble"[/b][/u][/i]