One Year of Free-to-Play

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• One Year of Free-to-Play

One year ago today, Albion Online went free-to-play, introducing the world of Albion to a broad range of new players all over the world. The Albion community has grown tremendously since then, and continues to grow month by month. Whether you're a hardcore veteran or a brand-new arrival to the shores of Albion, we're grateful to have you with us during such an exciting time for the game, and we look forward to everything that's coming up this year.

We also want to take this opportunity to give a special shout-out to our early supporters. Without your support of our development efforts, the world of Albion as we know it today would not have been possible. We also know that many members of our community have been affected by the current pandemic. For those able to donate, our Charity Promo Pack is still available ingame until April 30 - huge thanks to everyone who has already picked one up.

Here's to the Albion community, and to many more years together ingame!

- Your Albion Online Team
    • This is the first game in a few years that I enjoyed for more than 20 minutes. Now several weeks have passed since my first tutorial and I decided to pay the premium with real money every time I buy it, because only then I can show my gratitude and support.

Thanks to all of you - from customer service to CEO - for your commitment and goal-oriented work. Keep it up :)
    • Equart wrote:

One year since my ban , let's celebrate it.
      little player, 7 month in; 2 IG mute; 10 minutes for Roleplaying that resulted of me getting muted, 5-7 days later, for 6 weeks IG
      plus 3 forum ban; in fact i've been ban longer on the forum that the time i was not banned since october i've been ban 3 month and 1 week.. in 20 years of gaming i've been banned on two game; league of trolls and zergion online

If ur loud and not ban on a game full of beta with bad behavior ur just a troll *strike the pose while bragging* ;)

Thinking about that; i was ban twice on tESO once at launch they thought i was bot farming stones and second time i reported 3 bugs/tickets in 5 min the bot banned me once more a mistake for abusing support/ddos measure (they apologise twice with a juicy compensation)

There was a third time but i cannot legaly speak about it, but i can tell french CM lost his job 2 weeks later, since they have what AO lack; a Boyd Beasley!

*pop the champagne*
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

One year ago today, Albion Online went free-to-play, introducing the world of Albion to a broad range of new players all over the world. The Albion community has grown tremendously since then, and continues to grow month by month. Whether you're a hardcore veteran or a brand-new arrival to the shores of Albion, we're grateful to have you with us during such an exciting time for the game, and we look forward to everything that's coming up this year.

We also want to take this opportunity to give a special shout-out to our early supporters. Without your support of our development efforts, the world of Albion as we know it today would not have been possible. We also know that many members of our community have been affected by the current pandemic. For those able to donate, our Charity Promo Pack is still available ingame until April 30 - huge thanks to everyone who has already picked one up.

Here's to the Albion community, and to many more years together ingame!

- Your Albion Online Team
      Thanks, been a while since beta 3 when I started. A lot has changed since those days and MOSTLY for the better. I look forward to the features coming out over the coming months. I supported the charity with buying the pack. However, the WHO is a corrupt, and more often then not useless organization. I wish you would have picked a better charity then those idiots, but the items and border are cool at least.
    • KroDuK wrote:

Equart wrote:

little player, 7 month in; 2 IG mute; 10 minutes for Roleplaying that resulted of me getting muted, 5-7 days later, for 6 weeks IGplus 3 forum ban; in fact i've been ban longer on the forum that the time i was not banned since october i've been ban 3 month and 1 week.. in 20 years of gaming i've been banned on two game; league of trolls and zergion online

If ur loud and not ban on a game full of beta with bad behavior ur just a troll *strike the pose while bragging* ;)

Thinking about that; i was ban twice on tESO once at launch they thought i was bot farming stones and second time i reported 3 bugs/tickets in 5 min the bot banned me once more a mistake for abusing support/ddos measure (they apologise twice with a juicy compensation)

There was a third time but i cannot legaly speak about it, but i can tell french CM lost his job 2 weeks later, since they have what AO lack; a Boyd Beasley!

*pop the champagne*
      I'm just mad that the forums don't allow you to block the stupidest, whiniest and most unreadable post makingest people. Seeing some peoples posts makes both my brain and eyes melt. Know what I mean?
      Discord: Piddle#7413 "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • Do like me, i dont read you usually, but u got me since u changed ur avatar..

If someone pointing a gun at ur head, forcing you to read everything we said on the forums, blink twice in ur next post..

Piddle wrote:

The problem is that I don't care enough to read the name of every poster. So I just read the comments,
      I understand ur a lazy person...

Piddle wrote:

So I just read the comments, and then look at the poster if I think it matters enough. So you trick me EVERY SINGLE TIME.
      I understand ur easy to fool...

Piddle wrote:

I am glad you care enough about me to ignore me. That means I matter to you,
      Delusional; it's the exact opposite

The post was edited 1 time, last by KroDuK ().

• KroDuK wrote:

Do like me, i dont read you usually, but u got me since u changed ur avatar..

If someone pointing a gun at ur head, forcing you to read everything we said on the forums, blink twice in ur next post..
      The problem is that I don't care enough to read the name of every poster. So I just read the comments, and then look at the poster if I think it matters enough. So you trick me EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I am glad you care enough about me to ignore me. That means I matter to you,
      Discord: Piddle#7413 "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • KroDuK wrote:

Equart wrote:

little player, 7 month in; 2 IG mute; 10 minutes for Roleplaying that resulted of me getting muted, 5-7 days later, for 6 weeks IGplus 3 forum ban; in fact i've been ban longer on the forum that the time i was not banned since october i've been ban 3 month and 1 week.. in 20 years of gaming i've been banned on two game; league of trolls and zergion online

*pop the champagne*
      You seem like the type of person that if someone met you in real life, they’d walk away thinking “what a prick”.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Midgard wrote:

You seem like the type of person that if someone met you in real life, they’d walk away thinking “what a prick”.
      From someone that allegedly played 16 years on UO (14 yrs and a half Trammel existed on the 16years)

How many time u said Trammel killed the game?

If someone like you would call someone else a prick, in his head, while walking away after shaking his hand... it wouldn't surprise me.
    • KroDuK wrote:

Like SotA; UO was in alpha and beta a very long time.. Lord Britain is the avatar of Richard Garriot the game director

The first big patch during the BETA was Lost Land consider for the official release (game no more in alpha/beta) One yrs and a half later it was renaissance/REBORN
      Lord British is Richard's Avatar, the game designer, not Lord Britain. T2A happened in October 1998 when the game was in full release, not Beta and it had been for some time - since September the previous year.

Just helping you get your dates correct :)

Apologies for thread hijack.
      Pre Patch 16 UO Player - Casual PK/Carebear Crafter - Now Old.
    • Lord Britain or british it's like renaissance or reborn (first is french-other is english) Garriot is the father of the Ultima aka Game director during the beta and he, later, became a EA employee (sold his project)
      To learn about UO release go watch SotA it was the same; but back in 90s poeple was not calling this pre release the beta was the release.. UO beta ended at Lost Land patch... for the players it became the official release: T2A aka Lost Land.. like 1 month after Lord Britain died during the beta

But if u wanna be a bitch about the fact the pre release/BETA was the official release.. i can say 13 yrs and a half instead of 14 years and a half... at this point.. u friend, Midgard, still a big idiot ;)

You should also apply for Zenimax Online; they did the same in 2014: 1 years of "official release" when in fact it was a paid beta and the official release. for the actual player (not the wikipedia warrior or the studios employees) was One Tamriel in 2015.. the only difference in 97 we knew UO was a paid beta and not an official release -.-

The post was edited 6 times, last by KroDuK ().

• KroDuK wrote:

Lord Britain or british it's like renaissance or reborn (first is french-other is english) Garriot is the father of the Ultima aka Game director during the beta and he, later, became a EA employee (sold his project)
      To learn about UO release go watch SotA it was the same; but back in 90s poeple was not calling this pre release the beta was the release.. UO beta ended at Lost Land patch... for the players it became the official release: T2A aka Lost Land.. like 1 month after Lord Britain died during the beta

But if u wanna be a bitch about the fact the pre release/BETA was the official release.. i can say 13 yrs and a half instead of 14 years and a half... at this point.. u friend, Midgard, still a big idiot ;)

You should also apply for Zenimax Online; they did the same in 2014: 1 years of "official release" when in fact it was a paid beta and the official release. for the actual player (not the wikipedia warrior or the studios employees) was One Tamriel in 2015.. the only difference in 97 we knew UO was a paid beta and not an official release -.-
      Pretty certain you have your facts muddled up, the game launched in 1997, after an extensive BETA period, the first expansion T2A was as i said, in 1998, Renaissance brought Trammel and Patch 16 in 2000.

Richard Garriot was the Game Designer, not director. He sold UO to Origin, who were an EA subsidiary.

In 97, the game when launched was definitely not in BETA.

I am not bitching, merely pointing out your facts are incorrect. Have a nice evening.
      Pre Patch 16 UO Player - Casual PK/Carebear Crafter - Now Old.