Vile Curse UP

• Agreed also allowing vile-curse or another curse like mechanic to scale procs duration or interval with IP would be a nice addition, and a cheese to make curse players go full spec.

Also cleansing the main mechanic of a weapon should be totally fine but it should be punishable, like you cleanse it alright but you take a percentage of the remaining damage.
    • If you were to do that, you would need to change the one hand staff E - as that´s so strong it´s next to broken.

E - 15 seconds cooldown, insanely high damage, not a skillshot, not reflectable. Add there refreshing sprint with shoes to stack up Qs quickly, use assassin hood, and you DESTROY people. It would be almost as op as light crossbow is.

Very hard to make curses more balanced.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Borb 1h curse bomb has shit tons of counters including at least one available in EVERY armor slot. Listed below. With all these counters available including the fact 1h curse needs to play close range compared to other range classes it is balanced. Guardian helm needs to go it is a shit item that destroys balance.

Helm: Cleric cowl and soldier helm
      Body: Cleric robe
      Feet: Assassin and royal shoes

With all these options available people have plenty of flexibility to have builds that can easily compete against curse even if guardian helm is removed/tweaked.
    • I agree. My favorite build so far is 1h curse. PVE and PVP. I just joined the game a week ago or so. And i've tried a ton of builds, with re-specs. Originally started with bow of Badon, Warbow, daggers, claws, bloodletter. So many people use guardian helmet.

under powered compared to other builds, imo.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Rhodesia ().

• Vile stacks are curses basic attack and are not OP. Stacking grudge and vile is what makes it strong and grudge can and should be purgeable (so that works). You cannot look at long 2s HG fights as all of the game balance. Before guardian helm curse was strong in 2s but was still quite beatable. Also curse strength relays on close sustained combat battles so disengaging is another annoying counter that all curses deal with.
    • As a 1h curse player I would be more than fine with that trade off. Make vile stacks unpurgeable via guardian helm but also make bomb reflectable again. Of course for consistency ALL damage abilities should technically be reflectable. Never made much sense the ones they pick and choose not to be.
    • Tabor wrote:

As a 1h curse player I would be more than fine with that trade off. Make vile stacks unpurgeable via guardian helm but also make bomb reflectable again. Of course for consistency ALL damage abilities should technically be reflectable. Never made much sense the ones they pick and choose not to be.
      If it was something along with the "artifacts are special weapons so they have this treatment" i would be ye ok sure why not.

But actually the choices of what is reflectible and what is not i don't get it.
    • No other weapon in this game is hard-countered by a measly helmet... it's an embarrassment of game design and balance, and has gone on for far too long now.

Imagine a helmet that gave "fire immunity for 10 seconds AND a group heal" on a 30 second cooldown. That would be what guardian helmet is to curse staff.
    • Owlsane wrote:

Tabor wrote:

As a 1h curse player I would be more than fine with that trade off. Make vile stacks unpurgeable via guardian helm but also make bomb reflectable again. Of course for consistency ALL damage abilities should technically be reflectable. Never made much sense the ones they pick and choose not to be.
      If it was something along with the "artifacts are special weapons so they have this treatment" i would be ye ok sure why not.
      But actually the choices of what is reflectible and what is not i don't get it.
      its for zvz

id prefer death curse to stay unreflectable.
      someone mentioned great curse being too strong with unpurgeable vile curse, not sure about that.
      to be safe i think guardian helmet cleansing only 2 stacks would be a viable compromise.

its still strong considering u negate a lot of E dmg from a weapon that has such a long "attention window" anyway
    • What bugs me on guardian helmet, and what we exploit is it heals better than most healers..

On mage robe it is 470 heal AOE without stand time, no Mana cost..

With CD food u do 2.5 per minute

On a 2 Man team, that is a total heal of roughly 5 K HP per minute..

Seriously, that is rough, but on top negate all dots AOE.. either OR but not both .. compare that with GG heal helm..Welp!
    • Akhenaden wrote:

If you remove the purification from the guardian's helmet, at least put a visible timer on when the 1h curse is going to explode, because not all of us are blessed with good ping my friends.
      u have the laughing skull
      u have the symbol on ur buff bar
      u could even count down from 5? when its cast on you

meanwhile i have no idea when direct dmg weapon will use big instant burst E ...
      and u want more pampering?
      honestly SBI should just remove any dot spells and delete curse line while handing out equivalent fame credits ...