Handholding Cartel is everywhere-Martlock monopolized by Vasort

• I dont know if this is true or not, but nothing suggests otherwise and it has happened before.

Round table always had more info than everyone else and got profit from it. Free to play changes, laborers journal prices, gold market bugs, you name it. In 3 years since launch they had a lot of oportunities to profit from. Not even counting the saya scam which is not sbi fault. Add the chest rat giving millions of silver per hour and you will know that the amount of silver in the game is way higher than it should be.

Dont you folks, saying it is not a cartel, find it weird that only a few people own every shop in the game?

2 options:

- we have a cartel and it needs to be disencouraged by sbi, because it is hurting the whole server
      - we dont have a cartel, and the shops are in such a bad state / give so low profit, that no one wants to own one and sbi needs to buff them. We should be thankful that those names OP said have a shop we can craft at, right?

In wich side are you?
    • So finally, you did not respond the mails but you are here,

How do you feel about forcing shop owners about tax ratios?

How do you feel about destroying the capacity level of low tax shops?

How do you feel about creating monopoly?

When you gonna stop? LIKE HOW MUCH MONEY DO YOU NEED TO STOP THE CARTEL? like when you gonna feel like oh thats enough money? 1000billion? 100000?
    • AdamSmith wrote:

So finally, you did not respond the mails but you are here,

When you gonna stop? LIKE HOW MUCH MONEY DO YOU NEED TO STOP THE CARTEL? like when you gonna feel like oh thats enough money? 1000billion? 100000?
      Some people just want to see the world burn
    • UnfittedFoil wrote:

I can confirm I've been served by stations that are owned by Hagging, and I can confirm that I am not Russian. So that bit where Hagging only serves only Russians seems to be false.
      If you pay attention to AdamSmith at all, you know that nearly everything he says is made up on the spot, or false. Which makes taking anything he says about anything serious, quite difficult.
      Demon Lord - UwU
      CANCEL PIDDLE
    • Hey bro, I am deeply offended by you slandering me as "EL PLEB". I am RuniteKing and I have received significant verbal abuse from my fellow peers who now call me "EL PLEB". I have contacted my lawyers, and they will be notifying you shortly.

P.S. I will drop all charges if you change my nickname to "EL TORO", thank you.
    • AdamSmith wrote:

So finally, you did not respond the mails but you are here,

Never before has one single word of greeting caused such triggering.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • I owned several shops in Bridgewatch for about a year. After f2p. And also before and after the land auction changes that made owners lose their entire defense bid. I can say this: 1) it is easy to be an ass and destroy profits in a town for a long time for shop owners. I started a Bridgewatch discord for owners so we could have open dialogue. It was a LOT of work. Some months I made good profits. Other months I took massive losses. Every month is a new auction, and new owners come in and lower their price 1% tax below everyone else and take 98% of the towns business. (Other then a few loyal friends, everyone goes to cheapest shops).

2) town treaties are very very fickle and fragile. So with everyone in discord we could negotiate a treaty. But you could not have too many distance zones, as 1% is the minimum integral change to tax rate, for many shop types, you can only have about 3 zones, otherwise the two in the back of town gets too cheap compared to front and almost everyone will go to the back shops. So with a lot of work and diplomacy, i would get all of Bridgewatch under a town treaty. For one month, good profits. New month. One or two noob owner think they can ignore any treaty and set taxes slightly lower to take all business. It’s an endless cycle. And some people are unreasonable for a couple weeks before they see the need for a treaty. Lose all profit for the month.

3) commonly, players overbid to win 1 plot, put up the bonus shop refiner (like stone in bridgewatch) and destroy treaty while they list their shop for 3X it’s value. Holding the profits of the entire town for ransom until someone buys them out at a huge loss. Or, waits for them to give up with 0 profit. It’s a no win game, but every time I secured a fair treaty, it drew in the ransom seekers within a month.

I dropped out of owning shops- too much drama for me. The players who got filthy rich off of it are the ones who owned shops during the f2p release prior to the defense bid changes. At this point, you take a huge risk sinking money into shop owning. I suspect many are like me and just got tired of the drama for mediocre profits- so you only see a few of the main owners sticking it out anymore. They enjoy it. I could jump back in and grab up 10-15 shops, but i see no reason to.

While I was in bridgewatch @Predatz was a great guy, very agreeable to a fair town treaty. @Vasort was a pain in the ass, always trying to root out where his big shop enemies were hiding. All the while publicly trying to convince people he was a low tax hero.

I have spoken. ~LaserMan

The post was edited 3 times, last by Bigboyz ().

• Bigboyz wrote:

I owned several shops in Bridgewatch for about a year. After f2p. And also before and after the land auction changes that made owners lose their entire defense bid. I can say this: 1) it is easy to be an ass and destroy profits in a town for a long time for shop owners. I started a Bridgewatch discord for owners so we could have open dialogue. It was a LOT of work. Some months I made good profits. Other months I took massive losses. Every month is a new auction, and new owners come in and lower their price 1% tax below everyone else and take 98% of the towns business. (Other then a few loyal friends, everyone goes to cheapest shops).

2) town treaties are very very fickle and fragile. So with everyone in discord we could negotiate a treaty. But you could not have too many distance zones, as 1% is the minimum integral change to tax rate, for many shop types, you can only have about 3 zones, otherwise the two in the back of town gets too cheap compared to front and almost everyone will go to the back shops. So with a lot of work and diplomacy, i would get all of Bridgewatch under a town treaty. For one month, good profits. New month. One or two noob owner think they can ignore any treaty and set taxes slightly lower to take all business. It’s an endless cycle. And some people are unreasonable for a couple weeks before they see the need for a treaty. Lose all profit for the month.

3) commonly, players overbid to win 1 plot, put up the bonus shop refiner (like stone in bridgewatch) and destroy treaty while they list their shop for 3X it’s value. Holding the profits of the entire town for ransom until someone buys them out at a huge loss. Or, waits for them to give up with 0 profit. It’s a no win game, but every time I secured a fair treaty, it drew in the ransom seekers within a month.

I dropped out of owning shops- too much drama for me. The players who got filthy rich off of it are the ones who owned shops during the f2p release prior to the defense bid changes. At this point, you take a huge risk sinking money into shop owning. I suspect many are like me and just got tired of the drama for mediocre profits- so you only see a few of the main owners sticking it out anymore. They enjoy it. I could jump back in and grab up 10-15 shops, but i see no reason to.

While I was in bridgewatch @Predatz was a great guy, very agreeable to a fair town treaty. @Vasort was a pain in the ass, always trying to root out where his big shop enemies were hiding. All the while publicly trying to convince people he was a low tax hero.

I have spoken. ~LaserMan
      All this means that the owners of city plots should set a minimum tax in such a way that the price of the resource that the player receives is higher than if he craft it on his island, on hes own plot and buy food for it, with less return rate?

Of course, it is cost effective to put a 52% tax on all plots in the city. But it is NOT normal that several players, in fact, scam all new players and those who can not count, or don't know about island plots?

And your "badass owner with 1% less problem", easy to fix, if the cartel just ask SBI to reduce the crafting capacity and regeneration \50, so the entire city can not craft at just 1 plot, and owners will build more popular plots, and less unpopular if all plots will have 0 crafting capacity.
    • Shops in the cities are a joke that I dont even waste my time looking at.

Our guild island and hideout has all the stations and we use those. Yes we are penalized in that we don't get the crafting bonus on our island, but the tax rates are now so ridiculous that city plots are a joke.

Personally I hope SBI starts to look at this like they are with alliances in the black. However dont hold much hope, so will use our guild island and our hideout to do all crafting.

City plots can rot hopefully.
      ItsNewbie
      ----------------------
      https://www.aoherald.com/
    • Piddle wrote:

UnfittedFoil wrote:

I can confirm I've been served by stations that are owned by Hagging, and I can confirm that I am not Russian. So that bit where Hagging only serves only Russians seems to be false.
      If you pay attention to AdamSmith at all, you know that nearly everything he says is made up on the spot, or false. Which makes taking anything he says about anything serious, quite difficult.
      Some of it is because sarcasm it is difficult to detect in text, even if it appeared quite obvious to the writer at the time.

Some of it is because some people's brains don't function at peak efficiency.
    • Jaxed wrote:

Hey bro, I am deeply offended by you slandering me as "EL PLEB". I am RuniteKing and I have received significant verbal abuse from my fellow peers who now call me "EL PLEB". I have contacted my lawyers, and they will be notifying you shortly.

P.S. I will drop all charges if you change my nickname to "EL TORO", thank you.
      From now on i will call you El Jr Matador
    • ItsNewbie wrote:

Shops in the cities are a joke that I dont even waste my time looking at.

Our guild island and hideout has all the stations and we use those. Yes we are penalized in that we don't get the crafting bonus on our island, but the tax rates are now so ridiculous that city plots are a joke.

Personally I hope SBI starts to look at this like they are with alliances in the black. However dont hold much hope, so will use our guild island and our hideout to do all crafting.

Island plots has return rate of the city where this island now. Just a bit less. Like 28.5% on island vs 36.7% in city.
      So you actually can have return rate, and your result product can be cheaper then if you craft in in city.^^
    • ItsNewbie wrote:

Shops in the cities are a joke that I dont even waste my time looking at.

Game breaker tbh. I'm fairly new, so I don't know how long these town monopolies usually last. It completely removes one of the things I enjoy in the game.