Why is island refining worst then city?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why is island refining worst then city?

So why is it a city gets a bonus to crafting or refining but a island also in that city doesnt get the same bonus it seems weird you get punished for cutting out a middle man and going in for the long since you have to build it, feed it, and repair it. I ask this because as of recently Predtz or how ever you spell his name and few other of his friends have taken over thetford so my 9% ore refining tax has went to 53%+ and all station are charging stupid high taxes like now the butchers charge like 200%-400%. So im wondering if there was a dev statement to why citys give more then the citys islands or is the devs way of forcing players to use cities and "fight" for plots. If there isnt reason outside of it just a part of the game devs haven't touched yet then it might be time as the number of small groups/single players own plots shrink every cycle it seems. Plus it might be a good way to force those super groups to be more competitive in their taxing.
    • Well 9% refining tax cant really be even profitable for the smelter owner, also taxes can feel "high" but when you count in the extra resources its often still beneficial to use the ones in town. Butcher is one place where you want your own though, since high fees almost always and theres no town bonus.
    • Donger304 wrote:

So why is it a city gets a bonus to crafting or refining but a island also in that city doesnt get the same bonus it seems weird you get punished for cutting out a middle man and going in for the long since you have to build it, feed it, and repair it. I ask this because as of recently Predtz or how ever you spell his name and few other of his friends have taken over thetford so my 9% ore refining tax has went to 53%+ and all station are charging stupid high taxes like now the butchers charge like 200%-400%. So im wondering if there was a dev statement to why citys give more then the citys islands or is the devs way of forcing players to use cities and "fight" for plots. If there isnt reason outside of it just a part of the game devs haven't touched yet then it might be time as the number of small groups/single players own plots shrink every cycle it seems. Plus it might be a good way to force those super groups to be more competitive in their taxing.

Also in the sense of a player driven economy, I can just jump on my guild island with my t8 skinner and get a bonus while not paying a dime in Martlock if it’s overpriced, in the city you are forced to pick and chose what days and stations you go to, if you are going to suck it up and take the 50% tax or wait a few days for someone to set it to 8%, etc. Islands can circumvent said issues, and if anything can be used for self profit without spending a dime.
    • Donger304 wrote:

Because you DON'T have to repair on your island. You lose out on some of the return rate but you also don't have to constantly dump blocks into your building to keep it repaired. You build it once and feed it and that's it. In town they have to bid silver every month to keep their plots, feed it, and repair it. There should be a bonus for owning plots in town.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Circe1872 ().