RAT GUIDE 2.0 - After the RAT fix

• RAT GUIDE 2.0 - After the RAT fix

What we use: You just need to get the chest to 50 % then the loot is yours
      Based on the current Implementation we use that the Chest in opposite to ALL other chests does not reset if you run away. So we simply bring it to 50 % then we run, come back finish off and loot

How we do that:

Gear: 5.0+ Normal dagger, Torch, Hunter chest, Invis Cape, Demon boots, T6 Poison, Soup

Very simple, wait for the chest to pop, pop hunter chest, pop E, dash to chest, throw poison and activate smoke cloud

U bust is so high, that you get the chest to < 50 % before the smoke cloud wears off, abuse demon boots, invis combo, let them finish the chest.
      The loot gets distributed to you, even if you are off screen they have no option ..

now simply come back, it is even worse as before, you do smoke cloud again...and take all your items because they locked to you...do the demon boots invis again, doone

In case they DON't kill the chest u need repeat step one again and kill the chest you self...

Works relativly well...
    • OverLife wrote:

Balanac.... 1 hand dagger in 5 second give 50% of chest live, i'm hitting chest 1 minute.... BALANCE
      nope, I would not recommend to do the full attack cycle.. if u burst the entire time u kill the chest and timing gets an issue..

After like 4 seconds stop, switch to one of them.. let them kill it, this way u make sure u have several resets of u smoke helmet invis cape to loot everything in all peace..

And I think it is intended to work that way. If developer not want that, they could have simply reset the chest, like Every other chest in this game..

No! This chest is special, so this way to do it, is definitely intended. Why would the have made the 1h dagger so OP and lock the loot that long..
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

1shot rat is NOT gonna fly

Issue is chest. U need Windwall to rat effective.

If not u gonna get chased down

The chest has armour now, so the effective Hotpoint are much higher.

If there is one rat it will die before it does the chest and loots and runs

We as of today kill even t7+ solo rats before they run
      told you :p , and it's just a few days after patch soon it will be the same with more rats than real team i don't think it's intended but i'm not surprised by such a lazy work.
    • Bada wrote:

Hollywoodi wrote:

1shot rat is NOT gonna fly

Issue is chest. U need Windwall to rat effective.

If not u gonna get chased down

The chest has armour now, so the effective Hotpoint are much higher.

If there is one rat it will die before it does the chest and loots and runs

We as of today kill even t7+ solo rats before they run
      told you :P , and it's just a few days after patch soon it will be the same with more rats than real team i don't think it's intended but i'm not surprised by such a lazy work.
      @Bada

Well u right, I did not expect that anyone would implement a new kind of chest that Doesn't reset

AND

A new OP Autoattack weapon that works wonderful in smoke cloud, but as Autoattack get for whatever reason the new thing for every weapon..bow dagger grudge thorns spear... I could have guessed it..

No the chest implement was NOT guessable that is surprising..
    • In about 60 gates now I still have not encounter one rat that attempted to grab chest and run. However we have probably ran across a solo flat 4 gear just farming the trash mobs about 20x now. We tell them SRDs are way better fame and consistent so they should fame there (especially since HG mini boss debuff) but it seems to be a popular thing right now.
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

What we use: You just need to get the chest to 50 % then the loot is yours
      Based on the current Implementation we use that the Chest in opposite to ALL other chests does not reset if you run away. So we simply bring it to 50 % then we run, come back finish off and loot

How we do that:

Gear: 5.0+ Normal dagger, Torch, Hunter chest, Invis Cape, Demon boots, T6 Poison, Soup

Very simple, wait for the chest to pop, pop hunter chest, pop E, dash to chest, throw poison and activate smoke cloud

U bust is so high, that you get the chest to < 50 % before the smoke cloud wears off, abuse demon boots, invis combo, let them finish the chest.
      The loot gets distributed to you, even if you are off screen they have no option ..

now simply come back, it is even worse as before, you do smoke cloud again...and take all your items because they locked to you...do the demon boots invis again, doone

In case they DON't kill the chest u need repeat step one again and kill the chest you self...

Works relativly well...
      Ill just leave it here:
      Testserver Patch Notes - Queen Patch 8

It is amazing how the same player is indignant at the consequences that his past actions led to.
      Not "happy with HG fix" anymore? Need more usleess changes? Right?

iRawr wrote:

Nope, its only you personally, and the guys like you make it possible.You see this change description before its go live, and what you did? You did happy jumps and say "wow rat problem will be solved". You argued the players who see there is not a solution, just one more usless fix that will change rat meta, but not solve the problem.
      And alot of other players just did the same as you did... So dev see "alot of players happy with that", and didn't even think about others 2-3 players sayd.

So be happy YOU are the reason that ratting in HG 2 vs 2 still full of rats and chiken runs, but not even close to 2 vs 2 pvp.
      And dont blame DEV in it, they just "listen the community core".

The post was edited 1 time, last by iRawr ().

• kheeta wrote:

Hummertime wrote:

Hellgates should be like battle royal games.
      why you think it should?
      Who said that?
      Hg is like any other ig activity
      If you are smarter - you win
      Nobody stops you to use some anti-rat items, today countering the rat is much easier then it was before last update
      See rat- just use wind walls and fears - profit
      There’s even more ways to counter rats today
      Just to be clear Hummertime said that... I agree
      calm down, we get it, you want to rat.
      I think the majority of the community would prefer HG's to force a fight, certainly if your trying to take the victory spoils.
      Shrinking circle is something the devs have already talked about as a solution, but it obviously would take a lot more coding hours than the changes made in the patch.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Chuck ().

• Kheeta it was the Devs themselves who stated that HGs will be designed in such a way where avoiding conflict should not be an option (unfortunately they dropped the ball badly in actual implementation). It has always been the thought or goal for the 2s gates to be a death match of PvP. Not a oh let me see what shitty build I can create to run in circles match.
    • Tabor wrote:

Kheeta it was the Devs themselves who stated that HGs will be designed in such a way where avoiding conflict should not be an option (unfortunately they dropped the ball badly in actual implementation). It has always been the thought or goal for the 2s gates to be a death match of PvP. Not a oh let me see what shitty build I can create to run in circles match.
      @Tabor I disagree on this.

The complete lack of matchmaking and the blatant overgear of some tryhards can just be fixed with kiting away

Today we was running IP 6/6.1 equivalent and met 8.1/2 Avalonian.. frequently

They complaint like crazy why we dodged the fight.
      Either raise the IP cap, or implement a kind of matchmaking or accept that as long as possible we deny these guys the content..

Why on Earth should I fight a 250 IP cap gap fight + Avalonian gear. That makes no sense..not for them, not for us. Even if they completely bad, their gear will win them the fight..they payed for this victory..so we dodge them
    • @Hollywoodi I can agree that perhaps the soft cap could be adjusted some but the flip side is those teams are risking millions more in gear costs so they absolutely need some benefit for that risk. Nothing forces you to run in flat 6 (I know you have silver my friend) you just choose to do so. I actually like the idea of a non N+1 zergable environment being available for small scale PvPers to wear their big gear.
    • You get that wrong.

They risk this gear for ONE reason. A missing matchmaking..

They will get several fights they can steamroll..and the gear wins it.

I am a fan of skillbased combat. If I dress 8.1 and win vs T6, this feels dull, because I had around 200 IP more, which reflect in 30% more damage + the .2 food, so 40% more damage and heal and life and resist + Ava gear.

If u loose this, you should uninstall..

I agree though that people should be able to dress that, that's why I think a 3 min wait + matchmaking would be really beneficial..

And if I am granted mixed with 8.1.. happy to dress 8.1..
    • I see the bigger problem personally being the abundance of shit geared people in gates. For every time you run into a 8.1 team you will run into 30 flat 5 teams.

I guess to your point there are not really many work arounds to this besides stack ranked match making of some sort. I would stress though if this ever did happen the rewards of chest would need to follow suit. You should not have big chance of consistent quality chest loot of you are only risking flat 5 gear (unless of course you beat opponents much higher geared like the current state).
    • Tabor wrote:

I see the bigger problem personally being the abundance of shit geared people in gates. For every time you run into a 8.1 team you will run into 30 flat 5 teams.

I guess to your point there are not really many work arounds to this besides stack ranked match making of some sort. I would stress though if this ever did happen the rewards of chest would need to follow suit. You should not have big chance of consistent quality chest loot of you are only risking flat 5 gear (unless of course you beat opponents much higher geared like the current state).
      I agree, but that is completely easy to balance loot on av IP of the envolving teamd

Add all IP and adjust the chest according, that is even easy to code as it is just a modified loot roll based on a variable..
    • Chuck wrote:

kheeta wrote:

Hummertime wrote:

why you think it should?Who said that?
      Hg is like any other ig activity
      Nobody stops you to use some anti-rat items, today countering the rat is much easier then it was before last update
      Just to be clear Hummertime said that... I agreecalm down, we get it, you want to rat.
      I think the majority of the community would prefer HG's to force a fight, certainly if your trying to take the victory spoils.
      Shrinking circle is something the devs have already talked about as a solution, but it obviously would take a lot more coding hours than the changes made in the patch.
      just to be clear that’s not the main idea of hg
      so that’s only your dreams how you wanna hg to be
      I’m calm like always and I never try hg ratting.
      The majority of community is taking extra sets to counter the most usual setups and that’s not a problem to take one more item to counter 1h dagger rat if you are already carrying 3-5 extra items
      Besides it’s much easier now counter rats because today rat has only one try
      1h dagger haven’t such mobility and tankiness like 1h spear rats had
      So all problems are in your heads
    • Hummertime wrote:

Hellgates should be like battle royal games. As soon as u kill the bosses, the area should shrink until the players are forced into the chest area. It would also be better for competition and balance if the hellgate energised all ur gear, so u couldn't change when inside. Thats just my opinion.

kheeta wrote:

Chuck wrote:

kheeta wrote:

Hummertime wrote:

why you think it should?Who said that?Hg is like any other ig activity
      Just to be clear Hummertime said that... I agreecalm down, we get it, you want to rat.I think the majority of the community would prefer HG's to force a fight, certainly if your trying to take the victory spoils.
      just to be clear that’s not the main idea of hgso that’s only your dreams how you wanna hg to be
      I’m calm like always and I never try hg ratting.
      The majority of community is taking extra sets to counter the most usual setups and that’s not a problem to take one more item to counter 1h dagger rat if you are already carrying 3-5 extra items
      Besides it’s much easier now counter rats because today rat has only one try
      1h dagger haven’t such mobility and tankiness like 1h spear rats had
      So all problems are in your heads
      Just to be clear on this. I stated "Thats just my opinion" on my post. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. Don't be mad on someone for having a different opinion.