Gear Quality IP changes

• Gear Quality IP changes

Hi!

I think since the IP changes on enchanted gear + relics, taking higher tier gear has always been much better to do than previously done

However that does not feel the same for gear that comes out as excellent or masterpiece

Perhaps gear quality can also be looked into to see if it can be reworked so it is more rewarding to get/craft a gear of higher quality than it is of a drawback
    • Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

I fail to see how it's a drawback. A t7 masterpiece whatever is always going to be better than a t7 good whatever.
      Well, I am merely stating that SBI could look into improving the value off quality on items

We have mastery modifier for t5, t6, t7, t8 and obviously improving each tier

What SBI could also do is rework enchantment on each tier to be of more value in IP which in turn also increases/decreases the silver value of these items in the playerbase

This could also promote people using higher tier gear with better quality, which I do not thing is necessarily a bad thing
    • enchanted items already cost more than they did a few months back, because now more runes/souls etc are needed. A .1 enchant gives you IP of almost a whole tier up. How much more IP you want? A masterpiece item gives way too much IP imho, so the rich will always outgear the poor (which is wrong imho). I don't understand what this post is all about....
    • McDobs wrote:

enchanted items already cost more than they did a few months back, because now more runes/souls etc are needed. A .1 enchant gives you IP of almost a whole tier up. How much more IP you want? A masterpiece item gives way too much IP imho, so the rich will always outgear the poor (which is wrong imho). I don't understand what this post is all about....
      Why it is wrong? You work harder = your gear better.
      You did nothing = you gear worth.

Its like why the guy with 400/400 get +300 ip? And outgear the character what just created and killed 10 mobs? Also not fair?
    • McDobs wrote:

enchanted items already cost more than they did a few months back, because now more runes/souls etc are needed. A .1 enchant gives you IP of almost a whole tier up. How much more IP you want? A masterpiece item gives way too much IP imho, so the rich will always outgear the poor (which is wrong imho). I don't understand what this post is all about....
      Masterpiece + exec was much MUCH more valuable under the older system than the current due to depreciating enchantment IP + relics getting hit the hardest with IP depreciation from enchantment

Masterpiece + excellent now are perhaps more of a burden for crafters nowadays than a great thing

The post is merely stating that SBI could look into making changes to the gear quality system the same way they made changes to the enchantment IP + relic
    • Britishweeb wrote:

McDobs wrote:

Masterpiece + exec was much MUCH more valuable under the older system than the current due to depreciating enchantment IP + relics getting hit the hardest with IP depreciation from enchantment
      Masterpiece + excellent now are perhaps more of a burden for crafters nowadays than a great thing

The post is merely stating that SBI could look into making changes to the gear quality system the same way they made changes to the enchantment IP + relic
      You mean double the craftig cost in material's and silver, but also double the quality IP bonus? Coth this is exactly what you ask for.

Still looks like a good idea? Here is no "free ip boost"

The post was edited 1 time, last by iRawr ().

• The new system is so much better, and I barely understand how anyone could think that their crafting Ex and MP items is a burden.

The premium on medium to high tier gear with high quality has soared. The only stuff that is cheaper is flat and some .1, because you no longer get to do an end run around gatherers and crafters, by just paying the trival costs associated with the old enchantment system.

Quality is probably still undervalued somewhat, but that's mostly a player problem at this point and not the games fault.

Honestly, getting to craft with enchanted resources finally is such a nice feeling compared to the previous system of endlessly crafting flat tier gear to generate MP that sold for higher multiples on the resource costs than higher enchanted MP items did. Now you get to craft with 6.2, hit an MP and you get paid commiserate with the value of the resources you used and the your skill at crafting.
      Discord: Piddle#7413 "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • iRawr wrote:

Britishweeb wrote:

McDobs wrote:

Masterpiece + exec was much MUCH more valuable under the older system than the current due to depreciating enchantment IP + relics getting hit the hardest with IP depreciation from enchantmentMasterpiece + excellent now are perhaps more of a burden for crafters nowadays than a great thing

You mean double the craftig cost in material's and silver, but also double the quality IP bonus? Coth this is exactly what you ask for.
      Not what I asked. Don't make assumptions. merely for SBI to look into the idea, whether to reduce quality or increase it as they see fit as leaving that out whilst reworking the others seems strange

Piddle wrote:

The new system is so much better, and I barely understand how anyone could think that their crafting Ex and MP items is a burden.

The premium on medium to high tier gear with high quality has soared. The only stuff that is cheaper is flat and some .1, because you no longer get to do an end run around gatherers and crafters, by just paying the trival costs associated with the old enchantment system.

Quality is probably still undervalued somewhat, but that's mostly a player problem at this point and not the games fault.

Honestly, getting to craft with enchanted resources finally is such a nice feeling compared to the previous system of endlessly crafting flat tier gear to generate MP that sold for higher multiples on the resource costs than higher enchanted MP items did. Now you get to craft with 6.2, hit an MP and you get paid commiserate with the value of the resources you used and the your skill at crafting.
      Agree, quality feels undervalued but enchanted resources feel way more value than previously
    • Britishweeb wrote:

iRawr wrote:

Britishweeb wrote:

McDobs wrote:

Masterpiece + exec was much MUCH more valuable under the older system than the current due to depreciating enchantment IP + relics getting hit the hardest with IP depreciation from enchantmentMasterpiece + excellent now are perhaps more of a burden for crafters nowadays than a great thing
      You mean double the craftig cost in material's and silver, but also double the quality IP bonus? Coth this is exactly what you ask for.Still looks like a good idea? Here is no "free ip boost"
      Not what I asked. Don't make assumptions. merely for SBI to look into the idea, whether to reduce quality or increase it as they see fit as leaving that out whilst reworking the others seems strange
      Hey hey! What assumption? It is your words...

Britishweeb wrote:

So if you don't inderstand what you ask for... I will repeat.
      Just to let you know:
      The way they change enchantment IP IS: double the enchant cost in material's and also double the enchant IP bonus.

No assumptions bro. And that why I will ask you again:
      You want double the crafting cost in material and silver, but also double the quality IP bonus? Coth this is exactly what you ask for.

• Britishweeb wrote:

Did I rustle your jimmies?

I'm not asking for free IP boost, make it worse or make it better idc, atleast look into making a change to balance out with the enchant & relic changes

Not sure how ur going to double crafting cost for an extra 5 ip on outs quality or half the crafting cost with a -5 reduction on outs quality
      You don’t need to play with facts, few people may not know that masterpease quality gives an increase of +100 IP, as much as the enchant n+1 now.

And for each tier its a huge boost. But if you improve the outstanding, it will reduce the EX\MP profit. It will affect event the fish price. And many other game aspects.