1H Dagger E can kill yourself, and in Full Loot PvP, this means losing your gear

• 1H Dagger E can kill yourself, and in Full Loot PvP, this means losing your gear

This sounds like it's a bug, I was doing a boss in a t7 BZ dungeon using t6.1 or t5.1 1H dagger. I died, assumably while using the dagger E, and gave me the notification "killed by *my username*".
      Also in the system log I think it said "You killed yourself" or "You committed suicide". I can't quite remember.
    • @Amoebius76 It is definitely possible to kill oneself with the dagger, but it is extremely difficult to reproduce.

A player in a hellgate circle killed himself using the dagger E. He was wearing a dagger, torch, mage robe, hunter hood, guardian boots, keeper Cape. I'm not sure exactly what all was active at the time of death, but I executed him with a blood letter and couldn't figure out why I didn't get the kill fame and why it didn't show up on the killboard. I then scrolled back up in chat and realized it said he committed suicide.

I attempted to reproduce this effect multiple ways and was unable to kill myself on mobs nor was I able to kill myself in pvp. The only thing I was not able to test was something like a bloodletter execute or some sort of damage where the damage would take from ~25% to 1% while the E was going. Perhaps there are some instances where damage can apply in the same game tick, such as if my BL execute and his E damage stacked in the same tick resulting in a suicide.
    • @Amoebius76

I just got the bug right now while Fame Farming in a T5 group dungeon with a guild friend.
      I was wearing a T8.1 Muisak, T8.3 1h Dagger, T6 Hunter Jacket, T8.1 Assassin Hood, T8 Assassin Shoes

I was in a Morgana Dungeon fighting a seigebow mob, a lava mob, and some small acoyltes.

It kinda sucks dying to mobs and losing 5mil worth of gear because 1h Dagger "E" lets you literally kill yourself with no knock out ;(

The system didn't show any log of my death which was weird...

My time of re spawn (shortly after death) was April 29th, at 21:39:22

When my friend "SaleSamec" tried to pick up the loot, it didn't register in the loot log.

The post was edited 4 times, last by OceanSpirit ().

• OceanSpirit wrote:

@Amoebius76

I just got the bug right now while Fame Farming in a T5 group dungeon with a guild friend.
      I was wearing a T8.1 Muisak, T8.3 1h Dagger, T6 Hunter Jacket, T8.1 Assassin Hood, T8 Assassin Shoes

I was in a Morgana Dungeon fighting a seigebow mob, a lava mob, and some small acoyltes.

It kinda sucks dying to mobs and losing 5mil worth of gear because 1h Dagger "E" lets you literally kill yourself with no knock out ;(

The system didn't show any log of my death which was weird...

My time of re spawn (shortly after death) was April 29th, at 21:39:22

When my friend "SaleSamec" tried to pick up the loot, it didn't register in the loot log.
      Bruuh imagine being so new to the game you play in yellow zones, scared of dying, and you still manage to die. Bruuh.

Also, dagger sucks for dungeons. And if ur melee, ur supposed to avoid AOE so that healers wont have to constantly heal you.
    • Amoebius76 wrote:

Hey there,

Bloodthirsty Blade stops automatically before it can kill you.

Do you remember what other equipment you had? Best would be a screenshot of the exact message you got as well.

Deathskills wrote:

I do not think it is a bug since if yall go that way, graveguard helmet is a bug too since it doesn't just downs you or stops you at 1hp...
      It might make that E into a skill shot if this situation happens often because yall are not careful of your hp while it is active.
      Read better the post with an official answer of the Admin before answering with random opinion.
      Is a bug and has to be fixed