City plot monopol is back, change it, fast!

• City plot monopol is back, change it, fast!

You have changed city plot auction system to prevent so that there will be no monopol option. You wanted to make it so other players have also chance to own city plots, but you failed again , big time.
      But there is still option for one or two players to won almost 80% of plots in all cityes. Players like Predatz who owns at least 60% of all plots in all cityes and player named Hagging who owns another 20% of all plots in all cityes.

Beacuase of that most players have lost hope to even get the chance to own a plot and maybe even quit gaming.

Solution what works 100% to solve the problem.

You can own one plot normal rules.
      Next plot you want to own you have to pay double price to win auction.
      Third plot will be 3 times, 4th plot 4 times and 5th plot 5 times you have to mach max offer in auction price to win it. Then there is pretty sure they dont own more than maybe 10 plots all together.

So let's say player have one plot and it cost it to win 20 mil silver to win next plot player must offer at least double what is best offering price for secong plot.
      Let's say second plot best auction offer is 20 mil silver. To win it player who already have one plot, does not matter what city, then he or she must offer at least 40+ mil to win it.

if you already have 10 plots and you want to own 11th plot and let's say plot max offering is 20 mil, then your offering must be 200+ mil to win it.

I tell you all this becuase this is matour concern to all players and market prices if there is monopol. Please change it or find solution to prevent situation where other players majority of your game base suffers and maybe even quits the game if tehre is almost no chance to own plot ever in this game because aulty system.
      Smile because sun shines every day!
      There is some days where you just cant see the sun because of, but remember, sun always shines, every day!
    • Midgard wrote:

Easily worked around with alt accounts.
      Then add that , you have to have account what have at least certain amount of time played, let's say at least 1 week played and let's say 10 mil fame and premium active. Something that prevents to just make free accounts and level it up fast. Also makret activity for at least one month or somehing. And you have to use 100 learning points every time you make an offer in land auction.

Help me out here, let's find out solution to the devs so we can end this unfair advantage situation here.
      Smile because sun shines every day!
      There is some days where you just cant see the sun because of, but remember, sun always shines, every day!
    • FriendlyFoe wrote:

Help me out here, let's find out solution to the devs so we can end this unfair advantage situation here.
      There isnt an unfair advantage. Its a level playing field and us the players already have all of the tools we need to break the monopolies if we wish to do so. Its been done before, on more than one occasion. It can be done again if us, the players make it happen. Everything is working as intended and the cartels have risen again simply because they were allowed to do so by us, the players.

FriendlyFoe wrote:

at least 1 week played and let's say 10 mil fame and premium active. Something that prevents to just make free accounts and level it up fast. Also makret activity for at least one month or somehing. And you have to use 100 learning points every time you make an offer in land auction.
      These are just horrible restrictions to put on players. Its advertised as a sandbox and youre adding restriction upon restriction upon restriction. No thank you
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • I don’t understand why they don’t just limit an account to 5 city plots. This was one of the big selling points of this game. Player controlled city plots and all that. And maybe 25 people out of many thousands will ever get to interact with this game mechanic. That’s crazy to have an entire game mechanic that is used as a selling point by the marketing team but 0.0001% of players can do it.
    • FriendlyFoe wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Then add that , you have to have account what have at least certain amount of time played, let's say at least 1 week played and let's say 10 mil fame and premium active. Something that prevents to just make free accounts and level it up fast. Also makret activity for at least one month or somehing. And you have to use 100 learning points every time you make an offer in land auction.
      Just like how some guys here ask for help. And ingnoring the real solutions, but trying just to push they "it's never happen" way of total rework of the mechanics.

Dalton wrote:

I don’t understand why they don’t just limit an account to 5 city plots. This was one of the big selling points of this game. Player controlled city plots and all that. And maybe 25 people out of many thousands will ever get to interact with this game mechanic. That’s crazy to have an entire game mechanic that is used as a selling point by the marketing team but 0.0001% of players can do it.
      That why it's not gonna change also. Ppl comment but not even read the first post in this thread.

Midgard wrote:

• Monopolies are much harder to keep a solid hold of nowadays than previously

The old system for plots was absurdly bad and i'm glad they made the changes

The current system is much easier for players to group and get rid of the monopolies, if Vasort can be made to quit the game, go ahead and do the same with Predatz
    • I've made a post about this issue as well, and gotten the same feedback that is basically all summed up by "get gud!" mentality that many MMO players seem to have. First off I still don't make a ton of silver in the game, I'm no where near able to even afford the 25+million for a single plot. However for players who are unguilded they need to use city plots as the personal islands only have so many slots for buildings. And saying "the community can fix this and the game devs shouldn't have to worry about it" sorry but that's like saying game devs shouldn't ban someone who abuses exploits to grief lower leveled players. This forum is specifically for the purpose of letting Devs know that the players are unhappy with the way a part of the game is working out. Personally I have a guild with a 6/6 guild island and I'm working my ass off to get all the crafting stations leveled up. However it is still very disheartening to think I will likely never have the ability to own a city plot and seeing the same handful of names everywhere when looking at the city map.

As far as suggestions to fix the issue, I do think it should be a limited amount of buildings per account, just like you have only 1 personal island instead of being able to purchase several. However with multiple accounts and alt toons you can have a set of islands to move between and use, was actually going to make my alt toons and setup their islands so I'd have some more farms and herb gardens along with houses for item storage. However I do know that multi-boxing is done in other games like WoW and that it may or may not be blocked by the East Anti-Cheat program that Steam uses. Honestly I think it should cause while you have it going you can easily macro map out 5-6 accounts to be played at 1 time and in a Open World PVP situation that means you have 5-6 times the firepower at all times, so you are your own walking party that will focus fire and easily 1 shot a lot of players. Even if it is blocked and you have to log in and out of Steam accounts to try and buy the plots, most of these alt accounts are setup and timed, where you'll know that at this time and this day I need to be on account A for auctions and then account B at this time for these auctions. And sadly going off the sheer cost of the usage fees for simple crafting you can guess that these players are making enough silver to get the auction cost covered within 1 week of the 1 month time period. So I do agree with the suggestion of making the time period of ownership a lot shorter, 1 week does sound good to me. Making it cheaper would also give others a chance to pitch in and help break the monopolies that are in place right now.

Another thing that is a concern to me with it though is the time of these auctions, it's not really clear at least to me the exact time these plots come up for auction. Admittedly I haven't gone up to a sign and seen if it states an exact time or just in a number of days. So if it's something like a server reset time, say where it'll be up for auction at like 3 AM EST when the server comes back up from maintenance, I don't know the exact time the server is up on reset days if it goes down at all, then all plots for that day are available, it presents a double edge sword situation for purchasing. First off it's every plot at 1 single time, so yes the single account can't be in every place at 1 time. However it's such an off peak play time that only a small % of the player base will even be online to try and purchase before the big monopoly players are able to grab everything up. So you have the Early Bird Catches The Worm situation. If the other situation is true however and each building has it's own personal exact timer, so at 3:00pm plot A is up, 3:01 plot B is up, etc, then the players who are holding most of the plots just need a set timed path and can easily hold their monopoly with a simple botting program. Again this is assuming the East Anti-Cheat doesn't notice it and ban them but given how many hackers and cheat mods I've seen in games with the auto cheat banning programs it really wouldn't surprise me to know these players are using a botting program to very quickly near instantly move between plots and auto purchase them before another player can even select the sign post at the time of auction.

Setting a limit to the number of held buildings would force the current players to make multiple accounts. And as such if steam were to notice that multiple accounts are logging in from 1 IP address it should theoretically throw out a Red Flag, but as with most games that allow multiple accounts without limitation you'll likely not see any action to prevent this. But it still is a measure Devs could take to see how far these players are willing to go for holding these buildings. Given that I quickly found several places to buy/sell Albion Silver for real money I'm almost wondering if they are doing exactly that with the vast amount of silver they make from these buildings. And to give some numbers to that, if crafting a single Steel Bar T4 material cost 50 silver and I make 999 full stack of them, that is 49,950 in 1 shot. Now that is just 1 crafter in 1 day making a middle tier crafting material, not to mention the cost of crafting the items with that material later on. But then take that number and have it done by 1000 players, that's 49,950,000 in 1 day from 1000 crafters making 999 steel bars each. Now multiply that by 5, the average number of different smelting buildings each city has when I use to compare fees. You end up 249,750,000 just from 1 city's smelting. The cost of the building was made up in just 1000 players using the smelter to make 1 full stack of a T4 crafting material, which I can say I have made that many bars myself in about 2-3 days of very light playing, and definitely done that in 1 day off work playing full hardcore mode. Now let's give the numbers a lower tweak and show a monthly earning forecast. Say 1 crafter make Steel Bars at 50 silver each, makes only 500 giving a fee of 25,000 total. This is done by 10 crafters in that same day, so 250,000 is made per day. Then you have enough players rotating items that you keep at least 10 players each day for your 30 day ownership that make 500 bars each, so for 30 days you made 7,500,000 off just Steel Bars. It doesn't look like as much and it's not enough to repurchase that 1 building does it? But then you factor in there are T3-8 items that are hit with fees, so 6 different items with increasing costs per craft, so even if you craft less and less per tier it is likely you'll come up with the same 250,000 easily enough from the higher tiers each. So then you have profits multiplied by 6 to give a forecast of 45,000,000 which is usually still enough to purchase the cheaper plots but still not enough to buy them back if the auctions all start off at 50 million or higher, have seen some go for 100 million on the For Sale sign. So even just having 100 crafters making 500 Steel Bars at 1 single smelter per day would then net you 75,000,000 in the 30 day month for just the 1 item not factoring in other tier materials or items crafted with those materials. According to MMO-Population.com Albion has about 1.6 million accounts with a daily player average of about 76k so thinking that you'll have 100 out of 76,000 in a day making 500 steel bars isn't that much in the grand scale.

So that should give you a reasonable idea that even though many guilds can easily make the crafting stations on their guild island to have full access to all crafting stations that players are either not using them or guilds aren't making their islands for crafting or they are unguilded. Also it should show that enough players are still using the city buildings to warrant a need for ownership restrictions to break monopolies since the community itself is having a hard time doing so. To give a comparison of another sandbox game that has a mechanic many people had issues with that many said the community should do something about it instead of having the devs come in, Ark Survival Evolved, the PVE servers are known for having tribes Pillar block large areas to keep players from building around them. This originally was done as a way to keep players from destroying rare resources, but has become a method of griefing as you can place a pillar set around a player's building that isn't finished and prevent them from building further. Some servers were so pillared up that only a small handful of player tribes were able to build there, basically making an Official Server into a Private Server as the tribes were blocking them off the whole map. Devs have had to look at how far a pillar can block building and adjust it, as well as having timers for destruction if you don't log in often enough. Another game that is a normal MMO where they had an issue of ownership that the Devs had to come in a set limits was Final Fantasy 14 with the housing district. A server had 1 single player buy up all the plots in their whole ward due to not liking the fact that the neighbors would run through their virtual yard and set off skills with explosions. This was back when owning a house was extremely expensive and all it took was you not being online for a week to have it all up for sale.

Many things can be said as a reason as to why the city building ownership needs a revamp again, of course it is also true that if the guilds were to put their silver where their mouth is they could also break this up themselves. However it isn't something many guilds are willing to do after they get their 6/6 guild island up and can have insanely low or free crafting. So it falls to the ones who are unguilded solo players to be the ones who are most vested in the idea of breaking the monopolies that are in place.
    • PretzStarwind wrote:

for players who are unguilded they need to use city plots as the personal islands only have so many slots for buildings
      Improvise. Form a one man guild and have your own guild island which is big enough for all crafting stations with space left over. Your lack of thinking outside the box is one of the reasons you expect the devs to solve things for you which are already in your gift to change.

PretzStarwind wrote:

And saying "the community can fix this and the game devs shouldn't have to worry about it" sorry but that's like saying game devs shouldn't ban someone who abuses exploits to grief lower leveled players
      Terrible analogy. Owning multiple city plots isnt abusing exploits or griefing players .. its perfectly within the rules/ToS.

PretzStarwind wrote:

blah blah blah blah
      The rest of it was just awful sentence structure and paragraphing .. TL:DR
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Midgard wrote:

PretzStarwind wrote:

for players who are unguilded they need to use city plots as the personal islands only have so many slots for buildings
      Improvise. Form a one man guild and have your own guild island which is big enough for all crafting stations with space left over. Your lack of thinking outside the box is one of the reasons you expect the devs to solve things for you which are already in your gift to change.

PretzStarwind wrote:

And saying "the community can fix this and the game devs shouldn't have to worry about it" sorry but that's like saying game devs shouldn't ban someone who abuses exploits to grief lower leveled players
      Terrible analogy. Owning multiple city plots isnt abusing exploits or griefing players .. its perfectly within the rules/ToS.

PretzStarwind wrote:

blah blah blah blah
      The rest of it was just awful sentence structure and paragraphing .. TL:DR
      With how much you seem to reply to many of these specific forum post I am wanting to say you might be Predatz himself trying to just put down any idea that interferes with your Silver making.

And sorry I'm not an English Major.

So how is this sentence structure? Better for you to read?

And go research many of the exploits and griefing that is done in other games, by the original ToS rules it isn't a direct violation but it was something unintended by the Devs and ruled as such.

As for the Form a One Man Guild to get an island and use it, I can do that, but the point isn't that there are ways to avoid having to do anything with the city plots at all. I have a guild with ALL crafting stations, yet this isn't about the access to crafting stations, it's about access to a game mechanic described in the advertisement of the game being hoarded by a small group of players with very little methods of breaking their hold on it. If they wanted to make it where you just worried about access to crafting stations, they could have easily done away with city plots entirely and made everyone use their islands or venture to Public listed Islands to use another player's crafting stations. Lord knows with how the Alliance system is I could easily make my own guild, have a guild island, Alliance up with 5 other people and have guild islands of nothing but houses and farms to get food and free items from sending out Laborers. But that again isn't what people are upset about with the city plots.

Again as I've said in my "awful sentence structure and paragraphing TL:DR", which means I'm going to assume your reading comprehension level is that of a 2nd grader and that you just want to troll, there are unknown variables that could mean players don't have the time ability to out-bid these players. Using a bot isn't always instantly detectable even with Easy Anti-Cheat, you often have to be reported and have the devs look into it to see if the game was being affected by a Third Party program.

Have fun being a forum troll, also go play Ark Survival Evolved, it's not listed in the ToS that putting pillars all around the place is against the rules, but doing so too much will get a griefing ban sent in by the Devs, they have also wiped out whole servers just to punish a single tribe for pillar blocking the 90% of the map.
    • look the main thing people need to understand plots drop a fck ton of money each month the range of it is between 20-250 million depending on the location and month (the more craft the more money) so straight up i dont get why people are complaining about there prices when theres so much to gain. You realy shound't be able to buy a plot for less then 18 mill (especialy for on inner ring plot / atleast 60+ million).

+ people like predatz and hagging aint actual players its more like a groupe of people /guild.
      maintaining all those plots actualy takes a lot of time just feeding that amount of plots which predatz owns is going to take 1-2h a day at minimum.

soo if you cant afford it start saving up and buy when ya got the money complaining wont help since it doesnt even make sense being able to buy a plot for less then 18 million when theres so much money to gain.

befor i forget someone made a realy good suggestion making action each week its a bit short might have to double the amount of time but his would indeed reduce the amount needed to buy a plot. just note on any up coming fameboost week if it was weekly plots be fcking expensive so it does have there sideaffects