Gear Swap in Hellgates.

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Gear Swap in Hellgates.

      Bringing swap gear to counter enemy compositions and requiring teams to awkwardly run away or chase each other or try to tag them so they can't swap isn't fun gameplay. Teams should be able to swap only their abilities and not their gear, or the hellgates should be built in some way where this gameplay doesn't become the dominant strategy.
    • I 100% agree with this. You should have to put thought into the build you go in with and not just bring every possible swap to give yourself the best opportunity in every circumstance. Of course if they fix the design to be a corridor instead of circle like it should be it would also be more difficult for opposing teams to swap effectively without risk.
    • Tabor wrote:

      I 100% agree with this. You should have to put thought into the build you go in with and not just bring every possible swap to give yourself the best opportunity in every circumstance. Of course if they fix the design to be a corridor instead of circle like it should be it would also be more difficult for opposing teams to swap effectively without risk.
      It is mostly not.

      It could be SO easy fixed.

      Not on being tagged but as soon as an offscreen tag appears u gear becomes unswappable, for your party.

      As long as an offscreen tag is there you are not in battle, but in battle preparation. While in battle preparation you cannot change gear as you are expecting a fight...battle preparation wears off, 30 seconds after there is no offscreen tag any more for none in your party..

      Done..

      Welp!
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

      Tabor wrote:

      I 100% agree with this. You should have to put thought into the build you go in with and not just bring every possible swap to give yourself the best opportunity in every circumstance. Of course if they fix the design to be a corridor instead of circle like it should be it would also be more difficult for opposing teams to swap effectively without risk.
      It is mostly not.
      It could be SO easy fixed.

      Not on being tagged but as soon as an offscreen tag appears u gear becomes unswappable, for your party.

      As long as an offscreen tag is there you are not in battle, but in battle preparation. While in battle preparation you cannot change gear as you are expecting a fight...battle preparation wears off, 30 seconds after there is no offscreen tag any more for none in your party..

      Done..

      Welp!
      Yea can do all this, or just lock gear swap in hellgates area and done. Also they should remove the portals, there is a death match 2 v 2, DEV sayd they goal is a PvP 2vs2, not a chicken runs.
    • iRawr wrote:

      Hollywoodi wrote:

      Tabor wrote:

      I 100% agree with this. You should have to put thought into the build you go in with and not just bring every possible swap to give yourself the best opportunity in every circumstance. Of course if they fix the design to be a corridor instead of circle like it should be it would also be more difficult for opposing teams to swap effectively without risk.
      It is mostly not.It could be SO easy fixed.

      Not on being tagged but as soon as an offscreen tag appears u gear becomes unswappable, for your party.

      As long as an offscreen tag is there you are not in battle, but in battle preparation. While in battle preparation you cannot change gear as you are expecting a fight...battle preparation wears off, 30 seconds after there is no offscreen tag any more for none in your party..

      Done..

      Welp!
      Yea can do all this, or just lock gear swap in hellgates area and done. Also they should remove the portals, there is a death match 2 v 2, DEV sayd they goal is a PvP 2vs2, not a chicken runs.
      that be too easy, if u look at disarray the pattern for solving things usually is much more complex

      Though I agree, your solution is 100% working and the answer
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

      iRawr wrote:

      Hollywoodi wrote:

      Tabor wrote:

      I 100% agree with this. You should have to put thought into the build you go in with and not just bring every possible swap to give yourself the best opportunity in every circumstance. Of course if they fix the design to be a corridor instead of circle like it should be it would also be more difficult for opposing teams to swap effectively without risk.
      It is mostly not.It could be SO easy fixed.
      Not on being tagged but as soon as an offscreen tag appears u gear becomes unswappable, for your party.

      As long as an offscreen tag is there you are not in battle, but in battle preparation. While in battle preparation you cannot change gear as you are expecting a fight...battle preparation wears off, 30 seconds after there is no offscreen tag any more for none in your party..

      Done..

      Welp!
      Yea can do all this, or just lock gear swap in hellgates area and done. Also they should remove the portals, there is a death match 2 v 2, DEV sayd they goal is a PvP 2vs2, not a chicken runs.
      that be too easy, if u look at disarray the pattern for solving things usually is much more complex
      Though I agree, your solution is 100% working and the answer
      Simple solutions are not always bad.

      Especially in games, the more complex the solution, the more possible loopholes for circumventing the restrictions will be found.
      This is exactly what happens with the Zerg debuff, that still not reached the goal it should.

      Anyway, it's just a suggestion that can be added in-game for 1h of work, and fix the 99% aspects of this problem.
      But I do not exclude the possibility that the problem can be solved in a more complex way with the same efficiency.
    • Think the issue is, they have not yet acknowledge gear swap as an issue..

      You have 3 options in my eyes to get attention on this

      1) get a streamer with lots of followers to heavily complain on it (worked for Jonah)

      2) get somehow an official vote going and get 80% want it (worked to achnowledge mega as a problem)

      3) have a good personal relationship to one of them or be a mega leader and hammer it permanently in RT

      Beside these 3 options I have no recommendation for you to get something moving..on this topic