Suggestion: Change Pike E

• Suggestion: Change Pike E

Hello all,

For a while, the Pike E has been called useless except for one cheesy build that I am sure many of us are not a fan of. I want to suggest that the ability gets changed so that it may be used more universally, while limiting its cheese factor:

Current: Rooting Smash

Roots an enemy for 4.88s, and deals physical damage based on the amount of Spirit Spear charges active on you.

Suggested Change: Rising Dragon

Knocks an enemy upwards for 2s and deals physical damage based on the amount of Spirit Spear charges active on you.

I think with the updated changes to Inner Focus, this change would be welcomed, as it can be used in more content than just cheesing. It can be used as an interrupt with a knockup, and still be used to hold enemies in a spot for long enough to work with current synergies (demon cape, for example). You can think of this as a mini-soulscythe, but single targeted and deals much more damage.

Also, it may be my personal opinion, but I was not a fan of the E keeping stacks change, as it makes mana balancing quite difficult with Spirit Spear unless you back off to reset (at which point you are not doing damage).

reddit.com/r/albiononline/comm…suggestion_change_pike_e/

Look forward to seeing your responses.
    • The pike was dead in the water until they added the change to keep the Q stacks after E use. This is the same reason Glaive is currently shit. If you place Qs efficiently while max stacked you are fine with energy it is people that mash buttons much earlier than needed that run into energy trouble. While I think your E suggestion is not bad removing the stacks on pike after E use would kill it again.
    • DirtySentinel wrote:

Hello all,

For a while, the Pike E has been called useless except for one cheesy build that I am sure many of us are not a fan of. I want to suggest that the ability gets changed so that it may be used more universally, while limiting its cheese factor:

Roots an enemy for 4.88s, and deals physical damage based on the amount of Spirit Spear charges active on you.

Knocks an enemy upwards for 2s and deals physical damage based on the amount of Spirit Spear charges active on you.

I think with the updated changes to Inner Focus, this change would be welcomed, as it can be used in more content than just cheesing. It can be used as an interrupt with a knockup, and still be used to hold enemies in a spot for long enough to work with current synergies (demon cape, for example). You can think of this as a mini-soulscythe, but single targeted and deals much more damage.

Also, it may be my personal opinion, but I was not a fan of the E keeping stacks change, as it makes mana balancing quite difficult with Spirit Spear unless you back off to reset (at which point you are not doing damage).

You are asking for a buff, not a change. Knockup is better than root. With that type of CC in your E-weapon, you can stop any enemys cast. I dont think Pike needs a buff. And this is a big buff that you are requesting.
      Now, Glaive is the weapon that need love.
    • ViniColen wrote:

DirtySentinel wrote:

Hello all,

You are asking for a buff, not a change. Knockup is better than root. With that type of CC in your E-weapon, you can stop any enemys cast. I dont think Pike needs a buff. And this is a big buff that you are requesting.Now, Glaive is the weapon that need love.
      it’s a change. Root -> knockup. Lower duration. Root is inconsistent with rest of kit I think.

Also, to the glaive comments: nobody said do not touch Glaive. Im not saying one needs a fix over the other. I just had the suggestion for the specific weapon.