1H Dagger and possibly all other daggers aren't registering auto attack hits on very high attack speeds.

• SpeedVonY wrote:

I belive that the max attack speed is 2x
      not sure tho...
      the max damage is capped on 200%
      attack speed cap?
      scroll urself
      attack speed cap 120% + leather passives
      dmg cap 150%

ur info is betalevel

faction cape boni no idea

2.5 times might be a hardcap
      has been discussed a lot when 1h dagger was changed
      look up the old threads yourself (we didnt get any comment on this)
      im the only one bumping this issue
      other ppl bow to the policy of "ignore, they forget"
      i rarely play at the moment but keep bumping this shit
      prolly spaghetti code written by programmers not working for sbi anymore
    • Rich666DemoN wrote:

I have tested 1H Dagger with my attack speed build that results in attack speed of 5.6 attacks per second, and to my surprise in 6 seconds (Duration of BloodThirsty Blade - E ability) did only 14 instances of damage instead of 30+.

I think the problem is with hits not registering on high attack speeds. Because I not only did less instances of E than expected, I just simply did 14 attacks in 6 seconds instead of doing 33 attacks in 6 seconds.
      isnt there an attack speed cap anyway?
    • LoganSilkCheeks wrote:

Rich666DemoN wrote:

I have tested 1H Dagger with my attack speed build that results in attack speed of 5.6 attacks per second, and to my surprise in 6 seconds (Duration of BloodThirsty Blade - E ability) did only 14 instances of damage instead of 30+.

I think the problem is with hits not registering on high attack speeds. Because I not only did less instances of E than expected, I just simply did 14 attacks in 6 seconds instead of doing 33 attacks in 6 seconds.
      isnt there an attack speed cap anyway?
      would u mind skim reading a thread before answering?

iron wall of silence @Retroman?
    • I have had a lot of success with the 1H dagger, but not using the hunter jacket. Simple leather attack speed passives with torch. Then using the healing/bleed passive, mostly healing passive.

I'm fine with the dagger capping out its attack speed, and dont think the only way to get there should be full attack speed passives, torch, hunter jacket etc. I like now that you have different ways of upping the attack speed to create a wider variety of viable builds instead of being shoe-horned into just the one.

The only issue with that is that there is just no information on it. Theoretically we should not be hitting the cap, so that should not be the issue. Interestingly enough, I felt there was no issue upon patch going live, more so after following hotfix release.

My only guess is that effectively at high attack speeds its simply starting the next attack before a previous strike has landed, not being consistent due to the staggered timings between attack speed and attack animations. Leading to it effectively cancelling the strike before it has landed.
      Hop on in to my Discord and Twitch ^^
    • Khladraven wrote:

I have had a lot of success with the 1H dagger, but not using the hunter jacket. Simple leather attack speed passives with torch. Then using the healing/bleed passive, mostly healing passive.

I'm fine with the dagger capping out its attack speed, and dont think the only way to get there should be full attack speed passives, torch, hunter jacket etc. I like now that you have different ways of upping the attack speed to create a wider variety of viable builds instead of being shoe-horned into just the one.

The only issue with that is that there is just no information on it. Theoretically we should not be hitting the cap, so that should not be the issue. Interestingly enough, I felt there was no issue upon patch going live, more so after following hotfix release.

My only guess is that effectively at high attack speeds its simply starting the next attack before a previous strike has landed, not being consistent due to the staggered timings between attack speed and attack animations. Leading to it effectively cancelling the strike before it has landed.
      I'm trying not to use Hunter Jacket, but without it my damage isn't good enough to win fights. I want to try to use things that would make fights more consistent, because obviously CC and Cleric Robe aren't enough to finish fights off... but if I take off Hunter Jacket I just don't have the damage to pressure enemies seeing how they'll just kite me the second they see Bloodthristy Blade and my DPS turns to terrible.

With Hunter Jacket, usually you can time things up to where you can activate Haste and sometimes pressure them to blow defensives early and then pop Bloodthristy Blade to finish things up, or if they don't have something to stop you (but are using something like Cultist Robe) you pop both and just melt them.

I'm also starting to feel like Assassin Hood is a necessity as once Bloodthristy Blade is on CD you basically do nothing and die, and Meditation can help get that back if the enemy does something like Cleric Cowl.

I'm going to do some testing with Mage Robe/Assassin Hood since that'll cover Cleric Robe and Hunter Hood, but I still feel like if I don't have the damage to just outright melt somebody then I'm even less consistent. I still can't even decide what the optimal W spell is, but it feels like Shadow Edge might be one of the better ones because that gives you a brief window of stun that could potentially help you murder them in that small window that prevents them from denying your kill.
    • hey, checked the forum only now

YacineBrutal wrote:

Hmmm interesting

So i use a morgana cape with dagger 1h with passive speed attack, this cape is useless ?
      u partially profit from the attack speed boost, but not at 100%.
      i dont have exact numbers, it seemed a bit random and i dont have the tools and spirit to test it in depth.

if ure lucky the enemy is dead within a sec, depends on lag etc. too

my rule of thumb is to not cross 3/s attack speed.
    • can tell you, what my personal investigation showed..

for me, it looks like, if it is a ping problem.

The attack speed gets closed to the ping time..

if you ping sucks, 200+ you attack speed animation can no longer be resolved..

and you dps breaks apart..if you ping is around 60 ..all is fine..and you attack speed is correct and you burst insane..

can u confirm it?

means ...it is NOt a bug, it is an issue from where u connect...

it is same for spells like flash heal with no CD...on an US ping i get 10 % more heal..compared to EU

that is at least my feeling..
    • addidas wrote:

the game client should not be telling the server you made an attack every x milliseconds, this will open up to hacks, but then again in 2020 this game has speed hacks.

if you click attack, the server should know and calculate your characters attack and keep attacking until you send another state change to the server.
      this.
      as for the hacks: i might be wrong here but albion uses unity engine which was old in alpha already. hacks from other games with the same engine could be copied almost 1:1.

Hollywoodi wrote:

it is same for spells like flash heal with no CD...on an US ping i get 10 % more heal..compared to EU
      Q spam is something else. Albion doesnt have a queuesystem for spells thats why higher ping reduces ur Qs/min

Helthros wrote:

I sincerely hope 1h dagger isn’t supposed to be doing more dmg lol
      not only 1h dagger, u can have the same issue with bows, spears, all attack speed builds.
      using Q during burst even reduces dps in some cases, cuz animation eats potential autos. at least it seems that way to me.