1H Dagger and possibly all other daggers aren't registering auto attack hits on very high attack speeds.

• 1H Dagger and possibly all other daggers aren't registering auto attack hits on very high attack speeds.

New

I have tested 1H Dagger with my attack speed build that results in attack speed of 5.6 attacks per second, and to my surprise in 6 seconds (Duration of BloodThirsty Blade - E ability) did only 14 instances of damage instead of 30+.

I think the problem is with hits not registering on high attack speeds. Because I not only did less instances of E than expected, I just simply did 14 attacks in 6 seconds instead of doing 33 attacks in 6 seconds.
    • New

iirc there have been issues with attack speed builds in the past (hits not registering)

@Retroman are our ways of measuring the hits inaccurate and the correct amount of damage is dealt? can u look into this issue please?

if some hits really are "lost" it might be fixed by introducing double or triple hits on higher attack speed. instead of 3 single attacks of which some are lost make it 6 instances of damage [3x auto + 3x E] that are dealt simultaneously (to keep the effectiveness of on-hit effects the same). just like auto attack steroids dmg is dealt simultaneously with auto dmg (e.g. auto dmg + explosive arrow dmg, no enemy or ally actions like reflect/block can happen in between those 2 instances of damage - afaik).
      and with this change it wouldnt be "auto+E, window for other actions, auto+E, window for other actions, ..." but "auto+E+auto+E+auto+E, window for other actions". since dmg wouldnt vary, it would be (auto+E)*3, effectively lowering the attack speed while increasing the dmg per empowered hit.
      this would apply to unempowered autos with high attack speed too of course, not only during 1h E.

positive sideffect was a reduction of overall standtime.

not sure how much work was required for such a change.
    • New

Kayl wrote:

iirc there have been issues with attack speed builds in the past (hits not registering)

@Retroman are our ways of measuring the hits inaccurate and the correct amount of damage is dealt? can u look into this issue please?

if some hits really are "lost" it might be fixed by introducing double or triple hits on higher attack speed. instead of 3 single attacks of which some are lost make it 6 instances of damage [3x auto + 3x E] that are dealt simultaneously (to keep the effectiveness of on-hit effects the same). just like auto attack steroids dmg is dealt simultaneously with auto dmg (e.g. auto dmg + explosive arrow dmg, no enemy or ally actions like reflect/block can happen in between those 2 instances of damage - afaik).
      and with this change it wouldnt be "auto+E, window for other actions, auto+E, window for other actions, ..." but "auto+E+auto+E+auto+E, window for other actions". since dmg wouldnt vary, it would be (auto+E)*3, effectively lowering the attack speed while increasing the dmg per empowered hit.
      this would apply to unempowered autos with high attack speed too of course, not only during 1h E.

positive sideffect was a reduction of overall standtime.

not sure how much work was required for such a change.

I think all the hits above certain attack speed are lost, I'm a programmer myself, and I have experience with Unity Engine, which is the engine that the game was build on.
      In my opinion they have implemented limits for all things such as there is a limit for cast speed or bonus attack damage which is ~150%. I think for daggers there still exists an old cap for attack speed, which is around 2.5 attacks per second. So you can have written in stats that you do 5 attacks per second, but the internal code will still cap your attacks at 2.5 attacks per second.
    • New

1 or 2 years ago retroman stated that "additional Attack Speed you can gain through active buffs is capped at 120% (this only counts for active buffs)
      The passive attack speed boosts you get from the equipment are counted seperately.".

there mightve been secret changes which remained ... secret.

i always thought the cap is just this rule, didnt know about an overall hard cap of 2.5/s

edit: quotes and stuff

The post was edited 2 times, last by Kayl ().