Random crashing since patch

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I'm having the same issue as well.

Game ran fine for me until the recent patch. Now I can't play for more than a few minutes without the client closing.

I have a Radeon RX580 Series graphics card, more than capable to handle the game... Running most recent driver 20.3.1

If anyone figures this out please post it here... frustrating paying for a game I can't play...
    • Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us and I hope you're doing well today. I'm sorry to hear your game is crashing as that certainly is no fun, so let's see what we can do to fix that for you.

First, try clicking "Settings" and then the "Repair" buttons on the bottom left of the launcher. If it continues, try reinstalling the game in a new location, by downloading a fresh install of Albion Online from albiononline.com/en/download. This ensures that you have all the latest files and updates for both Albion and EAC, this has fixed most player's issues. Please be sure to launch the game via the launcher and in admin mode.

We also recommend making sure all of your drivers are updated and you are running the current version of Windows.

Should this still leave you with difficulties, please let us know.

Cordially,
    • Having the same problem. All AMD machine (RX 580 and 2600). Have tried:

Moving game from hard drive to SSD
      Reinstalled TWICE
      Verified game files through the launcher and Steam.

My crash file looks the exact same as previous posters, so I do believe this is a bug related to hardware.

I havent crashed yet by setting my graphics to low and going to fullscreen as a previous poster said. I haven't had a crash yet, fingers crossed.

EDIT: It seems that even though I still havent crashed, there's still a persistent and very annoying stuttering happening.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Chaosrogue ().

• TTiodastia wrote:

KingCharlesIII wrote:

OK found a fix that worked for now until they fix. put it at lowest settings and changed it from boarderless full screen to fullscreen. So far the screen tearing and crashes have stopped.
      this actually worked for me too, stopped the crashes and the graphics artifacts
      This worked for me also. It was a big headache though. Every time i would open the menu, the game would crash. i had to be very quick. i think i had like 6 crashes before i was able to change my settings. at least this lets me play the game, but i would rather be in borderless fullscreen at ultra settings. ^^
    • Mati888 wrote:

I thought todays daily maintance would fix it, but it didn't, two minutes into the game and it crashed, pls fix
      Same, thanks SBI -.- i hoped too for a hotfix, i go online, 2 mins later im on desktop and i was only standing in our Hideout ...
      Well, thanks - its not important to play as a Leader from a Guild who has every Day fights atm -.-

And im asking my self where is the Problem atm - you had alot of reports, it looks like that everyone since yesterday with and AMD x500 series graphics card has crashes - so you should easily find the error with your team - idk why get no hotfix rly...

Its not that we did not pay enough for the game...
      Lynatix

~~ Evil Inside ~~
      Entdecke das Böse in dir!
    • Hey, devs are still investigating and I will keep you updated here once we know more, but meanwhile if you have this issue since patch #8 please read below and send all the info to support if you haven't already please.

Dagother wrote:

Hey guys, just to clarify here - your game client closes without any error message? If so please message support@albiononline.com with following information:

• DxDiag file: on Windows: press Windows Key + R then type dxdiag and confirm with enter. This information can also be saved throuh "Save All Information" and attached to your report
      • output_log.txt - should be copied right after the crash otherwise it will override the file next time you start the game. You can find it here:
        Windows: C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\LocalLow\Sandbox Interactive GmbH\Albion Online Client\output_log.txt (note that AppData is a hidden folder so you should have "Hidden Items" checked in your View tab to see it)
      • how often it occurs and in which circumstances - is it only in cities? dungeons? or anyime regardless of cluster of how crowded is surrounded area

You can also check Crash Reports and report the issue according to the guide there. Meanwhile I'd recommend using the repair/reinstall option and update your OS and drivers to check if that helps.
    • rramz00 wrote:

TTiodastia wrote:

KingCharlesIII wrote:

OK found a fix that worked for now until they fix. put it at lowest settings and changed it from boarderless full screen to fullscreen. So far the screen tearing and crashes have stopped.
      this actually worked for me too, stopped the crashes and the graphics artifacts
      This worked for me also. It was a big headache though. Every time i would open the menu, the game would crash. i had to be very quick. i think i had like 6 crashes before i was able to change my settings. at least this lets me play the game, but i would rather be in borderless fullscreen at ultra settings. ^^
      for me it didn't work
    • Dagother wrote:

Hey, devs are still investigating and I will keep you updated here once we know more, but meanwhile if you have this issue since patch #8 please read below and send all the info to support if you haven't already please.

Dagother wrote:

Hey guys, just to clarify here - your game client closes without any error message? If so please message support@albiononline.com with following information:

• DxDiag file: on Windows: press Windows Key + R then type dxdiag and confirm with enter. This information can also be saved throuh "Save All Information" and attached to your report
      • output_log.txt - should be copied right after the crash otherwise it will override the file next time you start the game. You can find it here:
        Windows: C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\LocalLow\Sandbox Interactive GmbH\Albion Online Client\output_log.txt (note that AppData is a hidden folder so you should have "Hidden Items" checked in your View tab to see it)
      • how often it occurs and in which circumstances - is it only in cities? dungeons? or anyime regardless of cluster of how crowded is surrounded area

You can also check Crash Reports and report the issue according to the guide there. Meanwhile I'd recommend using the repair/reinstall option and update your OS and drivers to check if that helps.

Great news to here that as to say... Glad that devs are investigating. Keep us informed :)
    • Lynatix wrote:

Mati888 wrote:

I thought todays daily maintance would fix it, but it didn't, two minutes into the game and it crashed, pls fix
      Same, thanks SBI -.- i hoped too for a hotfix, i go online, 2 mins later im on desktop and i was only standing in our Hideout ...Well, thanks - its not important to play as a Leader from a Guild who has every Day fights atm -.-

And im asking my self where is the Problem atm - you had alot of reports, it looks like that everyone since yesterday with and AMD x500 series graphics card has crashes - so you should easily find the error with your team - idk why get no hotfix rly...

Its not that we did not pay enough for the game...
      Fullscreen instead of borderless + lowest settings fixes it, the game looks like ass and it takes years to alt tab but at least i can play.
    • Update (26.03.20, 23:16 UTC):

Mytherceria wrote:

Hi everyone,

Our devs have deployed the fix for game crash issue, so please start your game via the launcher and patch your clients.

There is no need to use the test version above anymore. (I have removed version link from the original post)

Thank you for your understanding!

Hi everyone,

Thanks for getting in touch with support regarding the info requested for the issue where your game keeps crashing after Patch 8. Our devs have rolled out a version for players who are affected by this issue which might work and would like to gather your feedback on it. Please ONLY try out this version if you are affected by the game crash issue.

The file is available on here: (link removed)

Instructions:
      • Download the zip
      • Unzip
      • Start launch_albion_online.exe
      • Tell us about your experience by posting your replies below!
      Thank you for your help and understanding :)

Mytherceria#3744