Loot in solo randomised dungeons

• Loot in solo randomised dungeons

Hi to everyone,
      It’s 2 weeks that I play and I have had fun from the very first day. I don’t clearly understand just one thing: how does the loot work in solo randomised dungeons? it should be random, but I have been brought to think that the loot is not randomised at all.

This is one clear example. I have been doing dungeons in black zones for 2 hours and an half with a friend of mine. We had t4 equipment (but able to wear t6) and made t6 and t7 solo dungeons together. We have found 1 epic and 1 legendary chest, many uncommon and green. In any chest (I’d say more than 20 chests) we have only found runes, souls, relics and silver. No equip or artifact but an adept’s cale and a master’s guardian shoes, if it is their name.

We decided to stop because we couldn’t get anything valuable.

For the following hour he continued to make dungeons in the yellow zone (t5 solo dungeons) with another t6 player (this time with t6 equipment). They have found 3 uncommon chests with 1 boss, then 2 epic chests and others. Inside them there were so many items and artifacts that he has easily overcome the few money made in T6 and T7 dungeons in the black zone.

Since in black zone the loot is enhanced, if it was random it should have been better (at least in the legendary chest...).

So I’m asking myself if there is any kind of loot incentive from the game to do dungeons of inferior levels in inferior tier zones. Maybe they want to avoid 2 t4 people getting too much by killing t7 dungeons? Wouldn’t it be against the spirit of the game, tough?
    • Before Queen, It was worth to venture into T6-7 in BZ

because loot was much better and there was a place (warcamp) you can secure your loot.

Now It is much better to speed clear unpopulated T5 YZ in high tier blingy gears if you were not in the big guild with high tier BZ with hideouts.

You will get little less fame but 100% secure your loot, much less horse simulation and no stress from 400/400 specced high tier dungeon divers as well.

Imo, SBI need to buff open world fame farming (mob camp, roaming mob and World Boss Map) to attract small group players as well as make something similar to old warcamp.
    • Thank you guys for the answers! I know they are not for treasure but for fame, but my point was why treasure is better in t5... and not comparing “1 hour of t5 and 1 hour of t6/7”, but comparing ONE t5 against ONE t6/7.

I agree with you they should increase general rewards in BZ. Thank you again
    • The loot in solo randomized dungeons is as bad as ever. I've run a sequence of 6 T8 Dungeons recently with exactly 1 item drop in total. Everything else are mostly T4-T6 runes, souls etc.
      Also had a golden chest in a T8 solo dungeon recently, which contained no items either and was worth maybe 100k in total. The overall experience is similar. If gathering weren't that monotonic I'd do that instead. But solo dungeons is a waste of time compared to gathering high level resources in my opinion.
    • And ironically I would probably say gathering is safer than running SRDs as well. It is relatively easy to quick mount and run gathering but if you get dove in SRD you are pretty much done due to the design of enemy coming up from behind (I kill all my targets unless they happen to see me during level change CDs). They really should just drastically increase the silver in chests since the BM person is garbage.
    • Tabor wrote:

And ironically I would probably say gathering is safer than running SRDs as well. It is relatively easy to quick mount and run gathering but if you get dove in SRD you are pretty much done due to the design of enemy coming up from behind (I kill all my targets unless they happen to see me during level change CDs). They really should just drastically increase the silver in chests since the BM person is garbage.
      @Tabor again close, but not fully.

They nerved fame and loot in T7/T8 with the argument that now not just mega Alliance has access but also casuals.. or something similar..

But, I can grant u, the loot in T6 and the fame is the sweetspot in this game.

Kill speed / fame / loot means T6 ist the best SRD atm..
    • The fact T6 IS the best SRD atm is what is broken now because that should never be the case. Also funny thing is the vast majority of these T7/T8 SRDs go unused because the zerg owning guilds don't do them and limited amount of the remaining player base is willing to make the long trek to run them with no storage options available.
    • I got a 8.3 head in a solo T7 dungeon a couple days ago.

I'd say that made it worth my time.

I also tend to make pretty good silver per hour of grinding.

Solo dungeons shouldn't be complete gold veins. It's probably fine as it is.
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/