Spears ZvZ Need new Q

• Spears ZvZ Need new Q

Lets be honest, spears in ZvZ are highly unlikely to be in the comp or meta as often. The Spirit Spears charge is nice to have in small fights and 5v5. I see it needs a ZvZ function. Not much benefit is given to the Auto-attack damage buff in ZvZ fights. I know lunging strike is nice to do an AoE Q, but really the Spirit Charge is just pointless as a buff until you need it for certain Es. I just think Spirit Spear needs something for the zvz side of things.

Now, I expect the argument about Swords's Q charge that gives attack speed. The only thing i could counter is that the attack speed is nice to activate passives on swords.
    • Lets be honest, spears in any type of content are highly unlikely to be played right now. The only thing making spear superior was open world kiting play and HG ratting + oneshot pike due to Inner Focus. Since Inner Focus is getting a huge nerf in NDA, spear will be completly out of the game.

All it needed was a streamer stomping red zones beeing outnumbered by outgearing the 5.1 guys with cultist taproot 100spec etc. LUL
      And HG chest ratting could have been fixed half a year ago with the HP fix they implement now.
      Guess I get a little bit mad when i think about the state of spear right now....
    • Spears is still usefull in may ways, look at arcanes, maces, cursed. They got 1-2 options to be used, and for arcane is just ZVZ. There is alot of trees need to rework, and some - need it much more then spears.
      Actually i didnt understand why its just 1 option for DPS is still frost, only tank is Incubus, only ZvZ is gala, brim, some xbows.
      The game says - you can be what you want, but who wanna be not as good DPS as frost, or not as good tank as incubus, or just not as good clapper as galas? So we can actually choose - be a good in you role, or be useless but play weapon you like.

Well spears lost a bit of they shine now, but there is alot of weapons that did not ever shine.

The post was edited 1 time, last by iRawr ().

• iRawr wrote:

Spears is still usefull in may ways, look at arcanes, maces, cursed. They got 1-2 options to be used, and for arcane is just ZVZ. There is alot of trees need to rework, and some - need it much more then spears.
      Actually i didnt understand why its just 1 option for DPS is still frost, only tank is Incubus, only ZvZ is gala, brim, some xbows.
      The game says - you can be what you want, but who wanna be not as good DPS as frost, or not as good tank as incubus, or just not as good clapper as galas? So we can actually choose - be a good in you role, or be useless but play weapon you like.

Well spears lost a bit of they shine now, but there is alot of weapons that did not ever shine
      Spears does not give much options for zvz. Arcane is used in 5s as well. But i bet you spears will be on the bottom of the totem pole to be picked.
    • Look I agree with the Res pen needs updated. Rather that fixed and then see if the E on certain spears can be viable for zvz.

But i rather look at the Q set up. Its an ideal auto attack buff. I dont see its core with ZvZ or skirmish fights. Its just more common with 5s and solo. Auto attack builds are not ideal in this game. Until they
      produce critical hit with auto. haha
    • Spears definitely need some love.

Would like to see splash dmg added to 2nd Q. Also make it so it auto refreshes on auto attacks but you can activate it at max stacks to increase dmg and range by a certain amount for bursting but then you have to restock etc. would make for some more interesting gameplay.

Also, trinity spear is close to being a decent zvz weapon. The run speed buff is good but it needs something different from attack speed/cast speed. Neither of that is useful in zvz. Having it be more of a utility spell is cool. Taking from what someone else posted as a rework for witch work, make it so it slowly sucks enemies towards the middle. Or you can do something boring but still more useful like a Judi armor effect.

Trinity spell is such a nice graphics effect, it’s a skill shot, please make it useful again.