Scouts on Black Zone

    • Scouts on Black Zone

      Ok guys this is a sandbox pvp game with full loot, and we all know the risks of fame farming on the black zone as we all know, high risk, high reward, but some guilds and some people are just making this ridiculous, its very common to found naked scouts with 10k fame, so you think you can kill them and w8 for them "a" out? you are wrong they have a scout on every floor, making almost impossible to dive, soooooo my solution is simple, there should be only 2 ways to leave a dungeon, killing the final boss or leaving where you entered, honesly in my opinion scouts are really killing a great part of the game that is dungeon divingm would be nice know what you guys think
    • That's a good solution, to be honest. If you fail a dungeon, you'll need to walk to the dungeon entrance to pay for your failure.

      The bad part about it is how weak are the parties when dived. People will (and are) often do 9x5, if you get dived for same-gear people, you don't have a chance to survive, mainly if you're on cooldowns.. so with that type of situtation, probably a debuff for 5+ people parties inside the dungeon? Any warning so you can at least prepare for the fight?

      I have 250m PvE fame and don't agree with scouts, but don't agree to die without a chance to fight against the divers too.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Tanlor ().

    • Tanlor wrote:

      That's a good solution, to be honest. If you fail a dungeon, you'll need to walk to the dungeon entrance to pay for your failure.

      The bad part about it is how weak are the parties when dived. People will (and are) often do 9x5, if you get dived for same-gear people, you don't have a chance to survive, mainly if you're on cooldowns.. so with that type of situtation, probably a debuff for 5+ people parties inside the dungeon? Any warning so you can at least prepare for the fight?

      I have 250m PvE fame and don't agree with scouts, but don't agree to die without a chance to fight against the divers too.
      But...the solution for you, if i understand you right, is exactly the scout option?
    • CluelessDisgrace wrote:

      Could you point to the paragraph of the TOS?
      OP: The game won't and shouldn't change because one player can't adapt to a situation. There are plenty of options to deal with a group using scouts.
      You can find the Terms and Conditions here: albiononline.com/en/terms_and_conditions

      Terms and Conditions wrote:

      11.2 Multiple registrations, as well as setting up and operating multiple User Accounts at our Services are allowed. However, if the User is playing the Game with multiple Characters at the same time, all of the following rules must be followed: i) the Characters may not interact or cooperate with each other if they are located outside of a city, hideout, personal island, or guild island, ii) the Characters may not engage in combat together, iii) the Characters may not act as scouts for each other, iv) the Characters must have active Premium status.
    • Thank you, Evas.


      Anf the solution for dungeon running groups is very simple: have the dps classes take turns in scouting your back - ideally far enough back that upon contact, you have enough time to reset mobs and heal up or port out.

      In our groups, we take turns at every boss and level-transition. It works so well that we killed people diving us multiple times, without breaking TOS.
    • ySLiink wrote:

      Just place some dudes around the dungeon and catch them when they are heading back to the hideout
      this will only work if you are diving in a massive group witch is no the case of most people, splitting forces because people use scouts in many case will force people to go outnumbered, and even if you do that catching people before they got to the hideout is hard because they will be on swiftclaws and have full bouble


      Larec wrote:

      Report these people.

      Having an alt scouting for your main is against the TOS.

      And a naked guy with 10k Fame cannot be anything else than an alt...
      yes i do report EVERYTIME, but it dosn't wors there is a guy named "NoSoyScout" that scouts basically all day and i reported him alot and nothing happens to him

      CluelessDisgrace wrote:

      Larec wrote:

      Report these people.

      Having an alt scouting for your main is against the TOS.

      And a naked guy with 10k Fame cannot be anything else than an alt...
      Could you point to the paragraph of the TOS?
      OP: The game won't and shouldn't change because one player can't adapt to a situation. There are plenty of options to deal with a group using scouts.
      Yes, the game should change. People are benefiting for breaking rules and if that cant be controled with bans a new solution must be found thats exactly why i gave the idea. It's just not fair to people who play it the right way, or everybody know what is coming or nobody does


      Tanlor wrote:

      That's a good solution, to be honest. If you fail a dungeon, you'll need to walk to the dungeon entrance to pay for your failure.

      The bad part about it is how weak are the parties when dived. People will (and are) often do 9x5, if you get dived for same-gear people, you don't have a chance to survive, mainly if you're on cooldowns.. so with that type of situtation, probably a debuff for 5+ people parties inside the dungeon? Any warning so you can at least prepare for the fight?

      I have 250m PvE fame and don't agree with scouts, but don't agree to die without a chance to fight against the divers too.
      i agree with you i died many times faming with good gear without a chance to fight and never used scouts, and i never mind dyng because its part of the game being outnumbered and stuff, and in my opinion that's the point off the black zone, we get alot of fame alot of silver but we can die at any moment, also i agree with your warn solution, and for those who don't understood his comment, the warn would come with the removal of the "a" out so you wil be forced to fight your way out or rush the dungeon end

      CluelessDisgrace wrote:

      I can only repeat myself, place a scout, let one member take over rear guard, use your imagination :)
      Yeah its not my style we rather die fighting, but that would solve people who needs scouts problems

      And tnx for your opinion guys good to see i'm not alone on the fight agains scouts =P

      The post was edited 3 times, last by Johnzao ().

    • I agree, a possible solution would be:

      -You can only leave the dungeon in 2 ways:
      1)Going to entrance
      2)Killing the last Boss
      (This will make people fight, since they can not press A to leave, they must fight the diving group)

      -Warning, like dg in red zone, how many PK are in dg.
      (This will make scout useless, since you can see how many people are in dungeon, but they will not exploit it, since they could not press A to leave, so they must fight and will not be in disavantage of cooldown)
    • For sure i can't prove that, but maybe the albion gm's have a way since the term exist, but even if that can't prove i still think my solution should be up for discussion since its really hard to belive someone plays the game ONLY to naked scout for his guild, IN MY OPINION, it's tanking a portion of the pvp factor off the game.

      BTW not here to acuse, but i think hard to belive this is an actual player
      albiononline2d.com/en/scoreboa…rs/gaL6du8aTCGg0xfihoG-yw

      The post was edited 3 times, last by Johnzao ().

    • Last attempt:

      OP's issue was not being able to jump dg running groups because of scouts, and wants game mechanic changes because OP can't adapt for whatever reason.

      Then MIB turned it around by not taking advice how to safeguard against getting jumped while running dungeons, so argues for game mechanic changes.

      What am i missing here and does that make sense to anyone?
    • What if it is your wife on her account sitting on another computer. You should be so lucky to see her naked!

      Personally I do not waste her time sitting doing nothing. But just saying it could be a real player scouting.

      I do use scouts when running goods clearing the path ahead from portal gankers. But I guess they are on a horse so there is some return.


      Sort of amazing to me that gank crews are complaining about scouts if they are real players. I know people actually pay players to scout and run goods from dungeons/hellgates. I don't see anything wrong with it.


      There is the possibility of simply waiting for them to exit and chase them down after the bubble expires.
    • Another idea is to create a sensor trap:
      -The sensor trap could be putted on ground
      -If anyone passes thought sensor trap, the user will be warned.
      -It can be craft
      -I can be selled on market
      -After putted on ground, there will be a time to expire, like 5min
      -the trap will be invisible, and could be revelead with skill agaisnt invisible
      -Could be used in many situations, like in caves for gank groups, or in dg to counter diving groups
      -It could not be putted in entrances on dungeons entrances neither on maps entrances
      -If you put a sensor trap close the other sensor trap, the other trap will be destroyed and the user will be warned.

      So instead you pay a scout, you can buy that sensor trap.

      Plus, that could be the initial idea of johnzao "there should be only 2 ways to leave a dungeon, killing the final boss or leaving where you entered"
    • Yea sure.
      1. Don't let the PvE group use scout coth its usless.
      2. Don't let em leave the dungeon so they can not escape, and will be forced to fight.
      3. Give em perfect option for the fight back as 5 in PvE gear vs 10 in PvP gear.
      4. Call it "fair PvP"!

      Just perfect solution, for the divers.


      Why are your suggestions about a trap for the PvE group and simplification of the dive, so modest. You can ask and so:
      How about just - if you enter the dungeon, and there is someone inside, they just instan die, and all they gear move to your bank tab?
      Why you divers wanna fight that poor 5 PvE geared players? Just get what you really want. Dont waste you time for killing 5 PvE trapped in the dungeon by your 10+ PvP group.
    • i really dont know what region you are playing at, but when i fame/dive we do on 6-7 players and we are most of time in 1 player less of more, there's extremelly rare cases at least on my experience someone goes in a dg on more than 8 for either sides, most of my dives are on pve gear where we went to farm and found a cleared dg

      if you want safety go farm on yellow zone, want big fame take the risks, i die ALOT faming and dont care of losing expensive gears, because i knew the risks, and putting an alt scout (please dont tell the naked guy on a donkey with 2years game time 50k fame is an actual player) removes the risk and ITS AGAINST THE GAME RULES, so agaim, if you can't control people breaking rules, take out the benefit from breaking that rule.

      btw i could be very wrong and just ignore it if i am, but you sounds like a guy who makes a group of shitter gear on terrible builds go on t7-t8 dgs and expect to have a chance against people diving.