Marketplace Setup Fee

    • Marketplace Setup Fee

      Do you have any plans in the immediate future to remove the Setup Fee when you edit the price of a buy order / sell order ?
      It's ok to pay the fee once to setup your order/s, I don't see the reason to pay it multiple time in case you want to edit your inputs, in the real word no trading platform charges you extra money for shifting an order, and the fee is paid only upon successful transaction.
      Thanks for your answer.
    • fballarino wrote:

      iRawr wrote:

      Its a big part of in-game economy. You should think twice before put items for bigger price. So this is force you to out items for less price the existing.
      If change the price will have no cost, it will ruin all AHs mechanic's.
      The only purpose of multiple set up fees is a silver sink, they can drain it elsewhere...
      it will be the mess at AH like you will set 999 potions for sale, and 5 seconds later another guy will also set 999 for 1 silver less than you, then you stay at AH for 3 hours trying to get the lowest price for your items.


      I don't wanna waste my time on this shit, but many ppl will do. And it is not fun, and not usefull.
    • iRawr wrote:

      fballarino wrote:

      iRawr wrote:

      Its a big part of in-game economy. You should think twice before put items for bigger price. So this is force you to out items for less price the existing.
      If change the price will have no cost, it will ruin all AHs mechanic's.
      The only purpose of multiple set up fees is a silver sink, they can drain it elsewhere...
      it will be the mess at AH like you will set 999 potions for sale, and 5 seconds later another guy will also set 999 for 1 silver less than you, then you stay at AH for 3 hours trying to get the lowest price for your items.

      I don't wanna waste my time on this shit, but many ppl will do. And it is not fun, and not usefull.
      might not be fun for you but last time I checked this was a sandbox MMO, there might be someone interested in playing the market several hours a day rather than doing other activities.
    • fballarino wrote:

      iRawr wrote:

      fballarino wrote:

      iRawr wrote:

      Its a big part of in-game economy. You should think twice before put items for bigger price. So this is force you to out items for less price the existing.
      If change the price will have no cost, it will ruin all AHs mechanic's.
      The only purpose of multiple set up fees is a silver sink, they can drain it elsewhere...
      it will be the mess at AH like you will set 999 potions for sale, and 5 seconds later another guy will also set 999 for 1 silver less than you, then you stay at AH for 3 hours trying to get the lowest price for your items.
      I don't wanna waste my time on this shit, but many ppl will do. And it is not fun, and not usefull.
      might not be fun for you but last time I checked this was a sandbox MMO, there might be someone interested in playing the market several hours a day rather than doing other activities.
      I like the trade aspect of the game, but resetup ONE item for 100500 times is not a "playing the market". Its abusive crap where only school boys with no life can play with.
    • Tanlor wrote:

      In my opinion, taxes should be paid when you put the item on the market for the first price and when you edit the sell order to a higher price you put on the first time.
      Yea, how about notification if someone sets a lower price on the same item at the same AH?
      Or maybe the auto-decrease setting, like if someone set lower price - you price will automatically change to the limit you set?


      I know i know! How about NPC who will just buy all items for the average AH price? That's will be perfect!

      Why do you say that you like to play with the mechanics of the auction, but offer to break it?
      It is the tax that makes the game at the auction lively and strategic, and not a stupid change in the price of an item.

      Stop trying to kill the strategic aspect of trade. Trading is not a clicker game. If you like to click - go gathering.
    • Tanlor wrote:

      Why so rude? You have your opinion, I have mine. I respect yours, you respect mine. Be human.
      Suppose you love PvP, and I will offer to make sure that in PvP the winner is the one who will click on the enemy faster and longer. The one who first stops standing still and clicking with the mouse will lose.
      Also, other players can join and you lose if you stop standing and click the mouse earlier than any of them.

      I respect other people's opinions, but people here clearly do not understand that they are proposing to do what I described above - but with trading in the game.
      It's like people who offer to give all the people on earth a million dollars. Not understanding the consequences of such an action.

      And if the idea of such "opinions" is “let's make an auction, a clicker!”. It is not necessary to mislead others and should express their opinions honestly, describing the consequences.

      Topic title and description - mislead people. It is not about tax or silver sink, it is about a complete change in the trading system. With a huge amount of consequences.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by iRawr ().

    • Technically taxes should be paid at point of sale if the game were real, but if it were changed there should still be a distinct fee associated with the listing of trades because while the "market" isnt a person ot technically is a group of NPCs doing the job of listing...

      i remember games with personal shops,, where u would list items and sit in a town square spamming chat ect.

      the market does the labor for you, so they should get paid thus a fee, currently taxes cover it. if it were changed i think it would get complex quickly

      i would charge a fee for them changing prices, also they should charge a storage fee since you can keep the items in their warehouse instead of cluttering your bank until you find a buyer.

      in general the system works so there is little reason to conaider a change, dont list 100% of your stock, keep 70% in your bank and if out bid u spend much less money changing prices
    • blappo wrote:

      Technically taxes should be paid at point of sale if the game were real, but if it were changed there should still be a distinct fee associated with the listing of trades because while the "market" isnt a person ot technically is a group of NPCs doing the job of listing...

      i remember games with personal shops,, where u would list items and sit in a town square spamming chat ect.

      the market does the labor for you, so they should get paid thus a fee, currently taxes cover it. if it were changed i think it would get complex quickly

      i would charge a fee for them changing prices, also they should charge a storage fee since you can keep the items in their warehouse instead of cluttering your bank until you find a buyer.

      in general the system works so there is little reason to conaider a change, dont list 100% of your stock, keep 70% in your bank and if out bid u spend much less money changing prices
      1) Taxes (3% are paid upon sale)
      2) Setup Fee (1,5% is applied as soon as you list the item / create a buy order, and it's applied every time you change the price (WHY? IT MAKES NO ABSOLUTE SENSE and it's way too much)
      3) Market does the listing for me yes, and they keep 3% of the value of my product, they can increase it to 5% I don't care
      4) As you might notice most of the high valuable item transactions are done outside the Marketplace because of these stupid fees.