Better Use of Focus

• Better Use of Focus

I decided to farm carrots. I have 3 farms and things are going well. The focus cost is down to 350ish per plot. Recently someone on the help channel said carrots are a poor usage of focus. It got me thinking. I really only need to put focus on 14 plots to be self-sufficient. Which is only 4,900 focus per day.

Buy a 4th farm?, or is there a better way to diversify to spend the other 5000 focus per day? ( or keep focus on all 27 plots to sell the excess seeds?)
    • If you want to stay with the farming, I'd suggest moving up to cabbages or wheat, as both sell well on the market. When I started off I had 4 fields of cabbage and watered 5 plots in each field to keep my seed production up. I then used focus to craft cabbage soups and sold them on the market. I now have 6 islands, and craft predominantly T7 & T8 foods & Potions to sell on the market...or use for myself.

However, if you are looking to refine and craft, I have heard that the return on focus is better, especially at the earlier stages. My suggestion is to use your focus to augment what you enjoy doing in the game. The only poor use of focus, is not using it!

Good Luck!
    • MarauderShields wrote:

If you want to stay with the farming, I'd suggest moving up to cabbages or wheat, as both sell well on the market. When I started off I had 4 fields of cabbage and watered 5 plots in each field to keep my seed production up. I then used focus to craft cabbage soups and sold them on the market. I now have 6 islands, and craft predominantly T7 & T8 foods & Potions to sell on the market...or use for myself.

However, if you are looking to refine and craft, I have heard that the return on focus is better, especially at the earlier stages. My suggestion is to use your focus to augment what you enjoy doing in the game. The only poor use of focus, is not using it!

Good Luck!
      I have no preference really. Just looking for some good advice which way to branch out. Especially more effeciently
    • something sure do not go all over the place focus on something, profit wise... the carrot are great if ur planning to lvl up some herd skill after (for the mount or the meat) the carrot gonna be ur best meal focus wise to feed ur animals.. so even if u spec ur carrot 100/100 it's not gonna be a waste for ur animals later..

But yeah if ur limited to one personal island and dont wanna craft ur own food/drink (wich usually need herb/meat/farm) and u only want to sell ur rough product.. then yeah ur friend was right.. put ur eggs in another basket than the carrot one