TestServer 1h dagger

• Khladraven wrote:

Been dominating in 2v2 gates with it, slapping solo in open world. Love the new 1H dagger change. It is by far the most technical weapon to play in the game right now, and is crazy fun.
      I've been struggling. It's powerful, that much is sure; but it's also incredibly easy to counter and it requires too much to actually be effective. I would love some pointers, because it's definitely a weapon I want to see come forward.
    • First off @Acoustic you are correct, so easy to counter. That is exactly why I said technical.

You cannot run a hunter jacket in small scale or solo. Simply because the E is already a huuuge indicator that all you are going to do for the next 6 seconds is auto attack. Adding a hunter jacket to really let them know is a bad idea. In solo (solo dungeons) and small scale I use this build:

• Hunter hood - Retaliate
      • Assassin Jacket - Ambush
      • Assassin shoes - Refreshing sprint
      • 1H dagger - Deadly swipe, Shadow Edge, Healing passive
      • Torch
      • Thetford cape/undead cape
      • Healing potions
      • eel stew (or omelette if you wanna be cheap).

It is all about cd spacing. Your E can be obvious, and cause people to distance themselves, ambush, cc you, etc. If that happens, you need to turn off your E. Once you do that they can hammer down on you. That is where you come in with ambush, you can use it to wait for you E cooldown invisible, and re position. You may not need to do this straight away, but it is great to have in case you do. In general with that build, going invisible, then using refreshing sprint will allow you to completely refresh your E cd.

Dash is terrible, too short range, too long cd. Use shadow edge as it gives you an i-frame, can cancel spells, and travels a long distance, also with refreshing sprint, it allows for great mobility. Deadly swipe gives you a little mobility, but is also a great mini dodge. If timed well it can be used to dodge other shadow edge skills, magic arrows, ray of light, crossbow silence, etc. Basically any skill shot, if you are quick and learn the attack animations to allow you to recognize their use.

Its all about cd rotation. Pay attention to what they do/are going to do, and stay on top.

In 2v2 I have been using a hunter jacket combo, but recently there is a bug with attacks skipping on damage. So it feels awkward. Waiting for a fix.
      Hop on in to my Discord and Twitch ^^
    • Thanks for the tips, I've been kind of worried about skipping on the Hunter Jacket but I realize that it needs to be done when you can't just explode in damage.

Khladraven wrote:

In 2v2 I have been using a hunter jacket combo, but recently there is a bug with attacks skipping on damage. So it feels awkward. Waiting for a fix.
      Did this start after 8.1? I noticed it today, I felt like I wasn't doing damage at all half the time. Very frustrating.
    • Khladraven wrote:

Been dominating in 2v2 gates with it, slapping solo in open world. Love the new 1H dagger change. It is by far the most technical weapon to play in the game right now, and is crazy fun.
      ROLF!? Technical? Omg....
      You are soo bad, it's again over power weapon with most biggest heal in game at this moment and you telling that trash about technical?
      You technical press 1 butt? Don't be so funny.
      Technical weapon is arcane,fire with heal partner at 2x2, not one shot combo for potatos - go show your skill, don't tell that jokes about technical weapon, when you run meta unbalanced.
      I look this all new patch and see how it's going other way, like it was before alfa, no skill, only potato play.
      LMO, tnx you maked my day, technical!
    • OverLife wrote:

You are soo bad, it's again over power weapon with most biggest heal in game at this moment and you telling that trash about technical?
      Technical weapon is arcane,fire with heal partner at 2x2, not one shot combo for potatos - go show your skill, don't tell that jokes about technical weapon, when you run meta unbalanced.
      I look this all new patch and see how it's going other way, like it was before alfa, no skill, only potato play.
      It's the easiest weapon in the game to completely shut-down. If you can't hit somebody while your E is up, you don't do damage, and you lose. How hard is it to prevent that damage? You can run away. You can blink. You can hide in Ice Block. You can hide in Cleric Cowl. You can knock them back. You can root them. You can put up a wall that prevents them from reaching you. You can fear them. You can stun them. You can slow them. You get it; the list goes on and on. Being successful with this weapon is one of the hardest things in the game. There are multiple easy-to-access builds in the game that will 100% beat the 1H Dagger every time.

You must be absolutely god awful at the game if you don't realize that. About as bad as the idiot who posted on Reddit that the weapon is OP because a 1H Dagger ate him using Carving Sword and his Holy Healer friend despite the fact Holy has a W skill that completely knocks you away on a super low cool down that's always up.
    • kheeta wrote:

You could easily dominate 1v1 if you not braindead and know how to swap your skills
      It’s definitely “pvp usable” but not even close to OP like some crybabies post here
      With that amount of damage it will always be usable which is what I like about the weapon. It definitely counters some things that previously have been absolute cancer like Cultist Robe or Bow. It's just an extremely difficult weapon to be successful with. I'm just happy they gave it some kind of niche.
    • Acoustic wrote:

OverLife wrote:

It's the easiest weapon in the game to completely shut-down. If you can't hit somebody while your E is up, you don't do damage, and you lose. How hard is it to prevent that damage? You can run away. You can blink. You can hide in Ice Block. You can hide in Cleric Cowl. You can knock them back. You can root them. You can put up a wall that prevents them from reaching you. You can fear them. You can stun them. You can slow them. You get it; the list goes on and on. Being successful with this weapon is one of the hardest things in the game. There are multiple easy-to-access builds in the game that will 100% beat the 1H Dagger every time.
      You must be absolutely god awful at the game if you don't realize that. About as bad as the idiot who posted on Reddit that the weapon is OP because a 1H Dagger ate him using Carving Sword and his Holy Healer friend despite the fact Holy has a W skill that completely knocks you away on a super low cool down that's always up.
      OOF on that boy haha.

"Just press one button" where you fighting people, yellow zone? Any good player isnt going to let you even touch him with your E on the first rotation at least, so you need to look at cd spacers and rotation of your abilities. Fighting more than one person? What are you going to do on the second guy after your pressed your one button on the first? 8|

Entry level sure, the E does a bucket load of damage. High level, that is where you have to think, act, react, pre-empt all as the fight unfolds. The new Q is unique in it's speed for re-positioning small increments, shadow edge at key moments for an i-frame or to interrupt a key spell. Picking the perfect time to use your E, and rotating around your cd's and theirs. It feels so good to play against good players, and yeah, it face rolls scrubs not expecting the damage.

@Acoustic pretty much summed it up. So many counters to the weapon, how you get past them is the fun and "technical" part.
      Hop on in to my Discord and Twitch ^^