F*** Predatz and their shitty Cartel

    • Heliande wrote:

      Jean_Helius wrote:

      i blame albion devs for that, they should at least warning new players how the shop&taxes system work.
      First off all using your brain and doing some calculations should be mandatory for crafting.

      New players which can't afford to have crafting stations themself should be warned about the tax system? Somehow strange suggestion.
      Yes of course, after all new players are the main victims of albion cartels. Every new player will try craft his own set without knowledge about return bonuses or abusive taxes, the idea seens strange for you probably because you guys are counting on that, right?
    • Jean_Helius wrote:

      Heliande wrote:

      Jean_Helius wrote:

      i blame albion devs for that, they should at least warning new players how the shop&taxes system work.
      First off all using your brain and doing some calculations should be mandatory for crafting.
      New players which can't afford to have crafting stations themself should be warned about the tax system? Somehow strange suggestion.
      Yes of course, after all new players are the main victims of albion cartels. Every new player will try craft his own set without knowledge about return bonuses or abusive taxes, the idea seens strange for you probably because you guys are counting on that, right?
      You are unlogical. New players don't need to craft anything in this game.
      It's like you are saying everyone is forced to use the crafting stations in the city.

      I get somehow annoyed by jealous ppl. How much effort do you think those players put into the game to get to this point or do you think the city plots are for free?

      You can build up your own island/crafting stations, the difference in returns is not that significant.
      Personally I don't own any city plots. I have in every city an island. Although I realised that the effort to build up everything is a pain in the a**.
    • I want to own a shop but until game mechanics change that's going to be a pass from me. I want the shop to feel like my shop. Determining what items can be crafted, control certain buffs, hell I'd be cool with skins for a shop lol. But right now having the exact same shop as everyone else and being forced to tax the same rate as everyone else does not equal "owning" a shop. Really in my mind the only thing a shop owner has control over is the name at the top of the shop.
    • Jean_Helius wrote:

      Heliande wrote:

      Jean_Helius wrote:

      i blame albion devs for that, they should at least warning new players how the shop&taxes system work.
      First off all using your brain and doing some calculations should be mandatory for crafting.
      New players which can't afford to have crafting stations themself should be warned about the tax system? Somehow strange suggestion.
      Yes of course, after all new players are the main victims of albion cartels. Every new player will try craft his own set without knowledge about return bonuses or abusive taxes, the idea seens strange for you probably because you guys are counting on that, right?
      For almost everything you do in AO there is a pop up or notification of some kind telling you about consequences. When you want to enter yellow zone pop up appears telling you it's pvp zone and asks you if you want to continue. When you want to join town faction pop up appears telling you that you will be hostile to members from other town factions even in safe blue zones. When you go near hellgate portals message on screen appears telling you that you just entered full loot pvp zone. And, likewise, you get pop up when crafting/refining on stations telling you that you will pay this much silver and if you wish to proceed.

      Next step is on you. You can stop for a second and think if you really want to enter that zone, join that faction, pay that much for crafting; or you can just press yes-yes-yes thinking "yeah, whatever" and then come to forums and complain about steep prices or that you got ganked.
    • Jean_Helius wrote:

      i blame albion devs for that, they should at least warning new players how the shop&taxes system work.
      No. If the devs hand-hold players on literally every damn system in the game, it would be boring. No sense of exploring/findings/research. And it will take the advantage of people that actually TRY and find out how things work.
      And, frankly, it's not complicated. A lot probably know, but are just fine with it.
      This is a part of a true sandbox, devs shouldn't mess with this.


      If you do nothing, don't be surprised when people use in-game knowledge to their advantage.
    • Rhodesia wrote:

      Jean_Helius wrote:

      i blame albion devs for that, they should at least warning new players how the shop&taxes system work.
      No. If the devs hand-hold players on literally every damn system in the game, it would be boring. No sense of exploring/findings/research. And it will take the advantage of people that actually TRY and find out how things work.And, frankly, it's not complicated. A lot probably know, but are just fine with it.
      This is a part of a true sandbox, devs shouldn't mess with this.
      you falsely assume the system is neutral.
    • Valkyrior wrote:

      The devs themselves must run those accounts and shops to create bigger silver sinks.
      Dont be ridiculous. Of course they dont .. the players who own them are known players.

      Valkyrior wrote:

      Otherwise makes no sense why they allow this to go on for so many years
      Allow what to go on? An open market where anyone in the game can bid on, win, and own a shop?

      The VAST majority of people are far too lazy to invest any time or effort in owning a shop. Those that do deserve the rewards it brings. Cartels/monopolies have been broken before and the players have all the tools to do it. 99.99% of them are just too lazy to do it and will instead complain and whine because some players do what they cant be arsed to do.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Heliande wrote:

      Jean_Helius wrote:

      i blame albion devs for that, they should at least warning new players how the shop&taxes system work.
      First off all using your brain and doing some calculations should be mandatory for crafting.

      New players which can't afford to have crafting stations themself should be warned about the tax system? Somehow strange suggestion.

      Ok so, newb swinging in here for a bit, as I'm trying to understand both sides of things as I will be focusing alot on crafting.

      So, I've found where I'm at, that I can only go to a Butcher and Cook in Martlock. Now, those places are Elder stations IIRC with taxes on them (can't remember exactly rn)

      As a new player who wants to do ... cooking, let's say, I need to chop up the fish I have, then go to the Cook.

      - How does the taxes affect me? Is it applied to one useage of the crafting table, or does it apply each time I craft? Meaning, does my stack of thirty fish get taxed once, or taxed each fish that is cut?
      - Does the tax change with the Tier? Would the set tax be the same even if it was a Teir 5 station?
      - You say making a station for Butcher and Cook on an island is worse. How so? I built them on my island. Is it because of the amount of materials to use? Or food for the worker?

      Also, how does a player get so many stations in a city? Do they buy them up? Bid? Is it allowed in general?
    • AngelWingz wrote:

      Ok so, newb swinging in here for a bit, as I'm trying to understand both sides of things as I will be focusing alot on crafting.

      So, I've found where I'm at, that I can only go to a Butcher and Cook in Martlock. Now, those places are Elder stations IIRC with taxes on them (can't remember exactly rn)

      As a new player who wants to do ... cooking, let's say, I need to chop up the fish I have, then go to the Cook.

      - How does the taxes affect me? Is it applied to one useage of the crafting table, or does it apply each time I craft? Meaning, does my stack of thirty fish get taxed once, or taxed each fish that is cut?
      - Does the tax change with the Tier? Would the set tax be the same even if it was a Teir 5 station?
      - You say making a station for Butcher and Cook on an island is worse. How so? I built them on my island. Is it because of the amount of materials to use? Or food for the worker?

      Also, how does a player get so many stations in a city? Do they buy them up? Bid? Is it allowed in general?
      You're taxed for each thing you craft. No bulk discounts. Fish aren't taxed though because the thing you're crafting is t1.
      The taxes are set by players, not by station tiers.
      If there was one station to build on an island it would be a butcher. They don't offer resource return so the bonus from a city doesn't apply. You still have to pay for the materials and food for the station, so it might be a while before you recoup your investment. Cooks are worse because they do get resource return from city plots and they have the issues of a butcher.
      I'm not a plot owner so I couldn't really say, but I would guess a combination of the two. It's absolutely legal. SBI doesn't do direct intervention against mass plot purchases but they have acted in the past to make the plots harder to hold on to.