Why is SBI so adamant to force people into no opt-out PvP for anything T5+

    • Well I 100% agree that full loot PvP should always stay in the BZ I do want to clarify that the BZ itself should not be classified as "end game". The BZ accounts for roughly 75% or more of the available Albion world with a good % of those zones being the low tiers of 5 and 6. Add more realm gate access deeper into the BZ would move the high end PvP there instead and allow more low scale PvP to happen in the beginning area portals for the newer to mid players.
    • Ikcen wrote:

      Talynblade wrote:

      OK last time I will even dignify a response to your ignorance and personal attacks on differing opinions, I was civil last time... to correct you for the last time.. I have not once said remove pvp.. where in gods name did you read that... your ignorance and lack of understanding from reading a different opinion shows your lack of emotional intelligence.. if you don't know what it means look it up. With the difference in gear and ilevel pushing pve players into forced pvp is making it harder and harder to bridge that gap.. to create more pvp when people are ready, instead of one sided pvp. If the game had no intentions of pve then leave it out entirely... but there is and a fan base who wants more of it to help bridge the gap in power differential, money differential so to maintain a competitive playing field! I can grind in yellow zone for days earn enough money to buy t6 gear (competitive gear) to lose it to a T8 400/400 and then grind for more days to do it again.. how does that help anyone? If you offer higher content to pve players and the ability get that gear/money to gear up and fame up to be competitive So you are not losing the content you are yapping about... fodder for pvping from pve players who are at times struggling to maintain a competitive field.. thus the monopoly of pushing pve/casual players away.. thus losing the content you are ignorantly trying to defend!! I never said remove pvp.. opposite.. make it so the casual/pve can bridge the gap to make it competitive(not one sided like it mostly is today) and within reason to reach the ability to compete. Thus maintain the population... even if that means dropping the economy.. for me easy trade off.. even better stop the monopoly of mega alliances.. Say what you will.. if you cannot see that point of view... that is on you... open your eyes... I already wasted enough time, energy on you IKCEN... enjoy your meager insults like a child throwing a tantrum.. happy hunting...
      Just do not call bad players, PvE players. They are just bad. Some are solo, because of lack of emotional intelligence. Anyway. You still do not give a simple answer to the question why do you play AO, instead all other games with better graphics, better gathering and crafting, and safe PvE?
      Also there is not gap here. AO is a skill based game. Your gear and fame do not matter if you are a bad player. You cannot reach the ability to compete by gathering silver, fame or resources.

      I see your point of view. And I'm telling you, that you are wrong.

      Also I will ask you one more question. Why people PvP in Albion, what do you think?
      I think I understand now.

      Grouping up with 5 others to gank a solo in a dungeon = skill and emotional intelligence
      Gathering in a T8 zone backed up by your overlord and friends = skill and emotional intelligence.

      Thank you clap
    • sandstorm22 wrote:

      Ikcen wrote:

      Talynblade wrote:

      OK last time I will even dignify a response to your ignorance and personal attacks on differing opinions, I was civil last time... to correct you for the last time.. I have not once said remove pvp.. where in gods name did you read that... your ignorance and lack of understanding from reading a different opinion shows your lack of emotional intelligence.. if you don't know what it means look it up. With the difference in gear and ilevel pushing pve players into forced pvp is making it harder and harder to bridge that gap.. to create more pvp when people are ready, instead of one sided pvp. If the game had no intentions of pve then leave it out entirely... but there is and a fan base who wants more of it to help bridge the gap in power differential, money differential so to maintain a competitive playing field! I can grind in yellow zone for days earn enough money to buy t6 gear (competitive gear) to lose it to a T8 400/400 and then grind for more days to do it again.. how does that help anyone? If you offer higher content to pve players and the ability get that gear/money to gear up and fame up to be competitive So you are not losing the content you are yapping about... fodder for pvping from pve players who are at times struggling to maintain a competitive field.. thus the monopoly of pushing pve/casual players away.. thus losing the content you are ignorantly trying to defend!! I never said remove pvp.. opposite.. make it so the casual/pve can bridge the gap to make it competitive(not one sided like it mostly is today) and within reason to reach the ability to compete. Thus maintain the population... even if that means dropping the economy.. for me easy trade off.. even better stop the monopoly of mega alliances.. Say what you will.. if you cannot see that point of view... that is on you... open your eyes... I already wasted enough time, energy on you IKCEN... enjoy your meager insults like a child throwing a tantrum.. happy hunting...
      Just do not call bad players, PvE players. They are just bad. Some are solo, because of lack of emotional intelligence. Anyway. You still do not give a simple answer to the question why do you play AO, instead all other games with better graphics, better gathering and crafting, and safe PvE?Also there is not gap here. AO is a skill based game. Your gear and fame do not matter if you are a bad player. You cannot reach the ability to compete by gathering silver, fame or resources.

      I see your point of view. And I'm telling you, that you are wrong.

      Also I will ask you one more question. Why people PvP in Albion, what do you think?
      I think I understand now.
      Grouping up with 5 others to gank a solo in a dungeon = skill and emotional intelligence
      Gathering in a T8 zone backed up by your overlord and friends = skill and emotional intelligence.

      Thank you clap
      Yes, it is emotional intelligence, because you communicate and make a team with 5 people. While the guy in the solo dungeon is alone. And if you can cooperate with your guild mates, even if they do something completely different, that also shows skill and emotional intelligence.

      While if you go to gather alone into T8 zone without any backup and you are ganked - that clearly shows lack of skill and emotional intelligence, both.
    • Tabor wrote:

      Well I 100% agree that full loot PvP should always stay in the BZ I do want to clarify that the BZ itself should not be classified as "end game". The BZ accounts for roughly 75% or more of the available Albion world with a good % of those zones being the low tiers of 5 and 6. Add more realm gate access deeper into the BZ would move the high end PvP there instead and allow more low scale PvP to happen in the beginning area portals for the newer to mid players.
      The reason I called it end game content is because the original poster wanted access to gather T8 and fame farm in the best places with no danger.
    • Ikcen wrote:

      sandstorm22 wrote:

      Grouping up with 5 others to gank a solo in a dungeon = skill and emotional intelligence
      Yes, it is emotional intelligence, because you communicate and make a team with 5 people. While the guy in the solo dungeon is alone. And if you can cooperate with your guild mates, even if they do something completely different, that also shows skill and emotional intelligence.

      5vs1 in a solo random dungeon show skills and emotional intelligence... *noted*
      What about these solo PvPers going alone in a 5 men dungeon, to gank 1vs5? -.-



      Ikcen wrote:

      sandstorm22 wrote:

      Gathering in a T8 zone backed up by your overlord and friends = skill and emotional intelligence.
      While if you go to gather alone into T8 zone without any backup and you are ganked - that clearly shows lack of skill and emotional intelligence, both.
      Here i ll try to speak to you like u were a normal person; Take my example.. i like to gather but im not going to gather on the BZ since i do not belong there as a solo player even if devs saying otherwise..

      What can i say.. i cannot tolerate more than 5 others poeple with me on the vocal chat.. or this is just chaotic or even worst u only have one guy (usually a kid) talking that is usually just yelling order to the stooges.. i like to play and talk with others sexy persons.. if i do that to go in the BZ it's about time before my group of 6 players maxi max gonna be steam rolled by a zergy train...

      I'm not a perfect person, i know if i start gathering in the BZ.. 2 days later im gonna have a big alliance tag under my name.. since this is so much more reward for soo much less risk.. but then what's the point of playing a game like albion with low risk high reward... idc about the size of my e-penis i just wanna be proud of my hard grind

      Since im wise enough to realised that, but im not a bitch.. im gathering t6 on the RZ... when i want that PvP thrill (even if im just a freaking rabbit and most of my gathering gears would fit on a fox...)



      Now let's be real im not a lolly-pop that stick to others.. i stick to the high risk low reward zone since i got massive balls and i do not belong on the BZ as a hardcore player with a brain :)


      Once more the problem is not the forced PvP this is the freaking balance.. t7/t8 90% of all the mats going into the pocket of the 5% lolipop users while the hardcore small scall/solo got the 10% left of that t7/t8 mats at best!... just the aspect, i would dreamt of being able to control an aspect loot but when these aspect respawning in the back ward of a 5 thousand players alliance.. what can i do except joining them..!? hunting them in the RZ? i got balls but im not suicidal...

      Same for the PvE, the problem is not the forced PvP for t6+ but the fact small scall/solo and big alliance gameplay is hardcore for the first one and softcore for the second one.. the fact we're sharing the same set of rules and the fact those rules are set by the softcore player (that could be playing hardcore but choose not to) making the game easier for them while harder for us.. just the hideout was crystal clear what would happen with that big alliance softcore feature, they did nuthing to stop that...
      They have the protection for owning the zone, the numbers, allies everywhere.. plus the have rabbit hole maxi max 2 map aways from where they are.. while me if i want t7-t8.. i ll get chassed by his 5-30 allies on 8 maps... to get sandwich by another zerg at the portail..

      BZ meta is in a bad shape the softocore players are the richest while the hardcore are the poor one (risk n reward).. they need to adress thing like aspect design not only trying to limit the gain fro gnaking 15vs3 or 5vs1 (what u call skill and emotional intelligence)
      EX: what about, for the aspect, if the top x dmg on him, only them, could gather from him ? If ur fast enough to kill him before the zerg notice the aspect in their backward.. the zerg of rich softcore players could decide to wipe ur group (to steal what u already gathered and lose mats) or watching you from distance to gank u once ur done.. or just to taxe ur ass.. u need more soft/hard cap mecanics all over the board

      let's resume if we're real what u just called skill, in the quote, i'm calling that no balls.. what u call emotional intelligence i call the being a beta.. a stooge

      Just the fact u called a 5 men group ganking a SRD 5vs1 skill and emotional intelligence.. u should lose ur right to vote or talk on that type of topics.. ur lack of compassion for ganking a SRD with 5men or even ur lack of skill by just thinking about doing... that shit is crystal clear; delusional as fuck

      The post was edited 10 times, last by KroDuK ().

    • Circe1872 wrote:

      Please just stop playing the game, go find some crappy PvE game to play. This is a full loot PvP game, having an opt out for PvP is the dumbest thing I've seen someone type on here and that is saying A LOT. Anyone who wants end game content has to deal with the PvP aspect. Stop crying about dying. You chose to play this game, you obviously did not do research into the game before starting to play. I found this game because I looked for a full loot PvP game. Its painfully obviously its not for you. Cut your losses, find some PvE game to play.

      Full-loot PvP and opt-in PvP are not mutually exclusive. The Royal zones already have it.

      Your elitist attitude, however, is a serious problem for full-loot games, resulting in ever-decreasing populations. That's one reason why I've been thinking more about risk-free PvE feeding an opt-in full-loot PvP layer, with the PvP rewards per zone based on the PvE occurring in that zone.

      I'd very interested in seeing that fully implemented in the Royals.
    • Roccandil wrote:

      Circe1872 wrote:

      Please just stop playing the game, go find some crappy PvE game to play. This is a full loot PvP game, having an opt out for PvP is the dumbest thing I've seen someone type on here and that is saying A LOT. Anyone who wants end game content has to deal with the PvP aspect. Stop crying about dying. You chose to play this game, you obviously did not do research into the game before starting to play. I found this game because I looked for a full loot PvP game. Its painfully obviously its not for you. Cut your losses, find some PvE game to play.
      Full-loot PvP and opt-in PvP are not mutually exclusive. The Royal zones already have it.

      Your elitist attitude, however, is a serious problem for full-loot games, resulting in ever-decreasing populations. That's one reason why I've been thinking more about risk-free PvE feeding an opt-in full-loot PvP layer, with the PvP rewards per zone based on the PvE occurring in that zone.

      I'd very interested in seeing that fully implemented in the Royals.
      I would suggest separate PvE Zones with only PvE Exclusive Gear to avoid flooding Gear into PvP, but I think PvP would die down substantially if you aren't forced to participate.
    • Xerxez wrote:

      ... but I think PvP would die down substantially if you aren't forced to participate.
      i don't totally agree on that limiting the PvP is the last option (the worse one) but helping the weaker like new player or gatherer is something else (or any player that is not playing this game softcore aka not in a big alliances).. Like why the RZ reward are soo bad? When in fact they should be at least 2 times better than the BZ.. it's something to forced but i prefer the term incentivize

      edit: you should force the player to PvP on that kind of game for the best loots other than that u should only incentivize them to take part of.. ex: i dont mind t6/t7/t8 to be only PvP resources, but why the t6 on the RZ is not giving more than the BZ.. while the BZ 90% of the t7/t8 mats is gathered by 5% of the community... this is bad.. this is forced pvp on a bad design zone/ bad mecanics.. we're playing the same game but im doing it hardcore while they doing it softcore for a toooons more loot then I.. forced is something but the BZ/RZ problem is the balance... the designs!

      The post was edited 1 time, last by KroDuK ().

    • KroDuK wrote:

      Xerxez wrote:

      ... but I think PvP would die down substantially if you aren't forced to participate.
      edit: you should force the player to PvP on that kind of game for the best loots other than that u should only incentivize them to take part of.. ex: i dont mind t6/t7/t8 to be only PvP resources, but why the t6 on the RZ is not giving more than the BZ.. while the BZ 90% of the t7/t8 mats is gathered by 5% of the community... this is bad.. this is forced pvp on a bad design zone/ bad mecanics.. we're playing the same game but im doing it hardcore while they doing it softcore for a toooons more loot then I.. forced is something but the BZ/RZ problem is the balance... the designs!
      This topic seems to be a bit of a joke. People who clearly do not know the game wants the game to be changed to their liking. It seems that it´s mostly people who remain in blue / yellow zones and barely ever or never ventured to BZ / RZ.

      BZ and RZ is where the game starts - yellow and blue zones are meant for New players.to get used to game. By no means it should be exploited by people running 8.3 dungeons there. There is no silver sink in these zones, no risks - and yet, you want the same reward as in RZ and BZ ? Think about it again.

      And you kroduk say that t7/t8 is gathered by 5% of the community, which isn´t truth, but if you aren´t one of those that gather those nodes - you have only yourself to blame for being scared of BZ. Before queen, there was tons of solo and guildless players gathering at highest tier zones, and now after queen ? God damn : zones are empty. Gankers are hard to see even t8 zones, and t7 zones ? Those are empty. Like hell, it´s just a paradise for gatherers ( unless i kill them when i am gathering : p ).


      And for everyone who wants more high tier stuff in safe zones - how about trying to play the game the way it is meant to be played ? Black zone in queen is more empty and thus more safe than ever.

      Like really, what a joke that people so scared of black zone. The funniest paradox is that because so many people are scared of black zone, they venture to the red zone - which in turn increases the number of gankers and people looking for content ( since black zones are rather empty), thus red zone becomes many times dangerous than black zone.

      God damn this topic :D
    • Xerxez wrote:

      Roccandil wrote:

      Circe1872 wrote:

      Please just stop playing the game, go find some crappy PvE game to play. This is a full loot PvP game, having an opt out for PvP is the dumbest thing I've seen someone type on here and that is saying A LOT. Anyone who wants end game content has to deal with the PvP aspect. Stop crying about dying. You chose to play this game, you obviously did not do research into the game before starting to play. I found this game because I looked for a full loot PvP game. Its painfully obviously its not for you. Cut your losses, find some PvE game to play.
      Full-loot PvP and opt-in PvP are not mutually exclusive. The Royal zones already have it.
      Your elitist attitude, however, is a serious problem for full-loot games, resulting in ever-decreasing populations. That's one reason why I've been thinking more about risk-free PvE feeding an opt-in full-loot PvP layer, with the PvP rewards per zone based on the PvE occurring in that zone.

      I'd very interested in seeing that fully implemented in the Royals.
      I would suggest separate PvE Zones with only PvE Exclusive Gear to avoid flooding Gear into PvP, but I think PvP would die down substantially if you aren't forced to participate.
      Well depends on the rewards. If you get the same rewards for PvE - much lower risk, most players will PvE, this is rational. If the risk/reward ratio is the same, most players will play PvP. It is a simple math. But the guys above do not understand that the video games are mathematical systems. They see the video, listen to the sound, and think - this is the game. But it is not. Noobs.
    • KroDuK wrote:

      Ikcen wrote:

      sandstorm22 wrote:

      Grouping up with 5 others to gank a solo in a dungeon = skill and emotional intelligence
      Yes, it is emotional intelligence, because you communicate and make a team with 5 people. While the guy in the solo dungeon is alone. And if you can cooperate with your guild mates, even if they do something completely different, that also shows skill and emotional intelligence.
      5vs1 in a solo random dungeon show skills and emotional intelligence... *noted*
      What about these solo PvPers going alone in a 5 men dungeon, to gank 1vs5? -.-




      5vs1 shows emotional intelligence, because 5 players joined efforts, limited their own emotions, accepted each other. The lonely guy obviously has no emotional intelligence.

      As for the 1 vs 5 winner - well that shows great skills in the game.

      Now let me explain you - there is not forced PvP. Every game has rules. In the chess your pawn has to move with one square. Will you complain about that if you play chess? Only if you are a toddler probably. The FFA PvP is a rule in AO. If you do not like it, play another game.

      Also I do not see why I shall have compassion for the losers in a video game. It is a game. Someone loses, someone wins. And that is much better than the games, were nobody loses or wins. We play for fun. Will you cry in the forums if you lose a game of chess or cards? If you do not play for fun, well this is your personal problem.
    • Borbarad wrote:

      This topic seems to be a bit of a joke. Before queen, there was tons of solo and guildless players gathering at highest tier zones, and now after queen ? God damn : zones are empty.

      Like really, what a joke that people so scared of black zone. The funniest paradox is that because so many people are scared of black zone, they venture to the red zone - which in turn increases the number of gankers and people looking for content ( since black zones are rather empty), thus red zone becomes many times dangerous than black zone.
      You seems very butt hurt.. is it because of the state of the black zone? with queen change.. is it the fact ur big alliance balls cannot find easy content or oink that 90% t7-t8 mats, in 1 hour after the maintenance and actually have to scout all day long ur backward for that mats..

      or maybe just butthurt cuz u were having fun pounding noob on the RZ and now u have more competition because of the state of the BZ for small scale gankers.. if it's not that... i ll have to ask; show me on that doll where the noobs touched ya?

      Only thing u bring is noobs are scared of the BZ and they dont know Albion like u do.. it was fun gathering before queen cuz u had none guilded gatherer and now it's empty; poeple and nodes.. ok?
      Where were you when it was time to talk against poeple exploiting 8.3 to kill faction player on the YZ??
      BTW what u dont want is already InGame 8.3 "hardcore" PvE expedition..

      Once more i do not belong on the Big alliance Zone, i rather stick, for now, to the RZ; high risk/low reward.. even if it's in a worse state than the BZ and i'm gathering on the new YZ too

      Now instead being mad at what u call noobs or carebears think why we're here today look the state of the Big alliance Zone or the RZ..

      but it's noted, you and ikcen got massives balls/very courageous; are skilled and emotionally wiser! Good talks, champs.

      Ikcen wrote:

      As for the 1 vs 5 winner - well that shows great skills in the game.
      On a game like Albion, ok.

      The post was edited 6 times, last by KroDuK ().

    • KroDuK wrote:

      Borbarad wrote:

      This topic seems to be a bit of a joke. Before queen, there was tons of solo and guildless players gathering at highest tier zones, and now after queen ? God damn : zones are empty.

      Like really, what a joke that people so scared of black zone. The funniest paradox is that because so many people are scared of black zone, they venture to the red zone - which in turn increases the number of gankers and people looking for content ( since black zones are rather empty), thus red zone becomes many times dangerous than black zone.
      You seems very butt hurt.. is it because of the state of the black zone? with queen change.. is it the fact ur big alliance balls cannot find easy content or oink that 90% t7-t8 mats, in 1 hour after the maintenance and actually have to scout all day long ur backward for that mats..
      I kind of agree with that. And that is why I think the hideouts should be more vulnerable and attackable from other guilds, not only territory owners.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Ikcen ().

    • Tabor wrote:

      Hahaha wow what is this "emotional intelligence" BS Ikcen?? That is some funny shit right there. I did not know that 10v1 gang banging gatherers somehow involved emotional intelligence. I think majority would call that emotional cowardice. But you do you my friend.
      Have you tried to organize and make work together several players? This is emotional intelligence. It is not related to your emotions from the game. The loser will feel bad anytime he loses, no matter if he loses from 1 or 20 players. In fact in the second case he could blame the number, to pretend for unfair game, so he may feel slightly better.

      But 20 vs 1 is not unfair, as nobody stops you to organize 20 players. The question is can you? And the answer depends on your emotional intelligence.

      What some people above want in fact is a game without losers. But such a game also have no winners. So it is like a puzzle. Could be enjoyable, but it is hard to call it fun or entertainment. Specially if the puzzle is easy.

      The bad players will complain always. If not for the ganking, for the loot from the mobs, for the forced grouping, for the hard mobs, and at the end for the empty game, as most people do not like bad games. If the developers make a game leaded by the complains from the bad players, Albion will become a bad game.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Ikcen ().

    • [Looking at the title of the thread]

      The game revolves from top to bottom around making teams / guilds and organizing fights / brawls / ganks / resource intake. The sooner you realize that, the better.

      Having people covering your behind is a good thing.
      Having a clan that holds territories and defending them properly gives space to their gatherers.
      Having friends around and making teams of 2-10+ players for ganks / other activities is not unheard of.

      You don't like getting ganked by people in red / black zones? Don't get in those zones. Have fun farming away in overcrowded yellow zones.
      High risk, high reward. Low risk, low reward. Friends can help you even the odds a bit more than you'd imagine.

      This system is definitely not gonna disappear any time soon, so either you accept the fact that red / black zones runs can lead to your total loss of equipment and plan ahead on what you want to do, or you won't, and all that's gonna happen is that you'll end up quitting the game because you think some things are unfair. There's a fair warning that says those zones are dangerous when you try to enter them, heed the warning.

      I've tried going solo several times now (as a rather new player) and I died. I got back up and tried again. I did not die to the same mistakes. There's a long road ahead on learning the ropes of the game. But I'm not complaining, because at some point I'll do the same things, I'll gank in a team with my future guildmates, I'll roam around hunting down enemy clans' peeps, drain them of their resources (hopefully) and gain status to my own guild. Who knows, maybe I'll get to maxxed out build and solo destroy a 10-man claw gank.

      If anything, this game gives you way more adrenaline rushes than most other MMO's BECAUSE of the fact that all the important content is in full PvP areas. If you don't wanna have to deal with that kind of anxiety / stress because you don't cope with it well, maybe this game ain't for you.

      Cheers. Imma go buy another equipment set just in case I die again. And keep learning.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Raygore ().

    • Raygore wrote:

      [Looking at the title of the thread]

      The game revolves from top to bottom around making teams / guilds and organizing fights / brawls / ganks / resource intake. The sooner you realize that, the better.
      Since ur new maybe u hvnt realised but there is no way u can compete with big alliance on the sandbox zone (BZ) not only cuz of the numbers.. u cannot imagine how much silver/gold/resources some OG/vet player/Big Alliance got at moment.. some player with millions of gold

      If u dont break/fix the wheel u have to play softcore with the Big Alliance or pay them.. at best, ur gonna pretend ur not a stooge :P

      Tho, i got ur point, about the risk n reward but come back in a few weeks/month were gonna discuss this risk n reward then ;)
    • KroDuK wrote:

      Borbarad wrote:

      This topic seems to be a bit of a joke. Before queen, there was tons of solo and guildless players gathering at highest tier zones, and now after queen ? God damn : zones are empty.

      Like really, what a joke that people so scared of black zone. The funniest paradox is that because so many people are scared of black zone, they venture to the red zone - which in turn increases the number of gankers and people looking for content ( since black zones are rather empty), thus red zone becomes many times dangerous than black zone.
      You seems very butt hurt.. is it because of the state of the black zone? with queen change.. is it the fact ur big alliance balls cannot find easy content or oink that 90% t7-t8 mats, in 1 hour after the maintenance and actually have to scout all day long ur backward for that mats..
      or maybe just butthurt cuz u were having fun pounding noob on the RZ and now u have more competition because of the state of the BZ for small scale gankers.. if it's not that... i ll have to ask; show me on that doll where the noobs touched ya?

      Only thing u bring is noobs are scared of the BZ and they dont know Albion like u do.. it was fun gathering before queen cuz u had none guilded gatherer and now it's empty; poeple and nodes.. ok?
      Where were you when it was time to talk against poeple exploiting 8.3 to kill faction player on the YZ??
      BTW what u dont want is already InGame 8.3 "hardcore" PvE expedition..

      Once more i do not belong on the Big alliance Zone, i rather stick, for now, to the RZ; high risk/low reward.. even if it's in a worse state than the BZ and i'm gathering on the new YZ too

      Now instead being mad at what u call noobs or carebears think why we're here today look the state of the Big alliance Zone or the RZ..

      but it's noted, you and ikcen got massives balls/very courageous; are skilled and emotionally wiser! Good talks, champs.

      Ikcen wrote:

      As for the 1 vs 5 winner - well that shows great skills in the game.
      On a game like Albion, ok.
      Damn are you okay ? That´s a text example of psychological projection .

      BZ is rather empty, considering it´s size - that is why many people look for content in RZ, that´s just how it is. For that reason , RZ is way more dangerous than BZ - if you are looking for pvp, RZ is your thing.

      Fun fact : i generally prefer playing solo and if i go solo gathering, i only go to places far from zones where we have hideouts - because there you can kill gatherers and gankers : )

      oh and you saying " Once more i do not belong on the Big alliance Zone, i rather stick, for now, to the RZ; high risk/low reward.. even if it's in a worse state than the BZ and i'm gathering on the new YZ " --- sounds like you got ganked in BZ and that is your response. Not much to say there. Your choice.
    • Raygore wrote:

      [Looking at the title of the thread]

      The game revolves from top to bottom around making teams / guilds and organizing fights / brawls / ganks / resource intake. The sooner you realize that, the better.

      Having people covering your behind is a good thing.
      Having a clan that holds territories and defending them properly gives space to their gatherers.
      Having friends around and making teams of 2-10+ players for ganks / other activities is not unheard of.

      You don't like getting ganked by people in red / black zones? Don't get in those zones. Have fun farming away in overcrowded yellow zones.
      High risk, high reward. Low risk, low reward. Friends can help you even the odds a bit more than you'd imagine.

      This system is definitely not gonna disappear any time soon, so either you accept the fact that red / black zones runs can lead to your total loss of equipment and plan ahead on what you want to do, or you won't, and all that's gonna happen is that you'll end up quitting the game because you think some things are unfair. There's a fair warning that says those zones are dangerous when you try to enter them, heed the warning.

      I've tried going solo several times now (as a rather new player) and I died. I got back up and tried again. I did not die to the same mistakes. There's a long road ahead on learning the ropes of the game. But I'm not complaining, because at some point I'll do the same things, I'll gank in a team with my future guildmates, I'll roam around hunting down enemy clans' peeps, drain them of their resources (hopefully) and gain status to my own guild. Who knows, maybe I'll get to maxxed out build and solo destroy a 10-man claw gank.

      If anything, this game gives you way more adrenaline rushes than most other MMO's BECAUSE of the fact that all the important content is in full PvP areas. If you don't wanna have to deal with that kind of anxiety / stress because you don't cope with it well, maybe this game ain't for you.

      Cheers. Imma go buy another equipment set just in case I die again. And keep learning.
      This is the first almost completely adequate opinion I read here in this thread.

      There is only one delusion - that fame will make you better - AO does not work like that. What makes you better is to know your build, the skills in the game, the timings, and the practice to use that knowledge into the game. And most important, the combat is based on timings. In fact the mobs use exactly the same skills, but much slower. So the PvE is only training for noobs. To become better you need to do a lot of PvP. That is why the bad players who grind only mobs never will become good. No matter of the gear and the fame. Many people here do not realize that.