Why is SBI so adamant to force people into no opt-out PvP for anything T5+

• Ravenar wrote:

1) Pvp fame penalty based on combined item power difference. Taking to account assists etc. (down to zero if diffference is huge)
      That would affect some players unfairly. I'm a non-aggressive solo player, but when a flagged player finds me in an SRD I fight, and usually win, as I wear mainly T8 with 3000+ HP. The PvP fame I get from this is already very low. I would hate to get anything lower as a penalty for having higher powered gear (which SBI is actively encouraging these days).
    • Lofthild wrote:

faintrespite wrote:

I don't mean this condescendingly, but if that's what you want why don't you just go play World of Warcraft?

The reason Albion is unique is that it is full loot PvP. If it doesn't have that, then why play Albion?
      • You are condescending if you have to put a disclaimer that you're not
      • If the scope is full-loot PvP there would be no blue/yellow zones but full-loot PvP just after the tutorial, right?
      • Albion Online is a sandbox, and yet by default I'm locked into T5 zones if I don't want forced PvP, thus missing the exponentially better silver/loot/fame rates of T6-T8 zones

I thought he was being polite. Albion is labelled a sandbox. It's also labelled a Full Loot PvP MMO. Yes, it can be both. You are still able to gather in RZ and BZ. You will get ganked, but once you get some experience, maybe a guild or some friends to help you, you'll make a lot of silver and overall, be successful as a high-tier gatherer. You want to do it without the dangers of Full-Loot PvP? World of Warcraft
    • To get high rewards you need to take risks, there needs to be risk for gear to be lost, gear needs to be lost to create demand, demand is needed to create supply, and to supply efficiently you need high reward...

There are ways to minimize risk to almost none, while still reaping decent reward, but that's up to you to figure out.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Maori ().

• So many high tier players here are delusional.

They forget that
      1) Red Zones and Black Zones already give bonus silver/fame.
      2) If you die and lose alot of your gear, you might not even have gear left to go back into the PvP zones.
      3) Sometimes people just want to fame farm dungeons and have a fun relaxing time without getting an adrenaline rush every 30min with a constant fear of dying.
      4) Sandbox means open ended gameplay. If 99% of end game content is PVP allowed, that directly contradicts the entire point of sandbox.
      5) The entire point of having blue zones that are higher tier is for players to even get a chance to reach the same power levels as veteran players that are dominating PVP activites such as hell gates. Just because a person has T8 gear doesn't mean he stands a chance against someone who has 400/400 spec which is 3 Tiers higher in power level.
    • Lofthild wrote:

The game is a touted as a "MMORPG sandbox", and yet as a PvE player or gatherer you're only safe until T5 zones, which is the last tier of safe zones, as T6 - T8 zones are full-loot PvP.

Why is that the case?
      To me it seems the forced PvP of T6+ zones is just there to uphold the illusion(especially for SBI) that the game:
      • Is a sandbox with PvP focus and
      • People actually want to play no opt-out PvP when they just want to gather or PvE

Someone in a reddit thread put it best(with a little paraphrase from me):
      Full-loot PvP is just a code for "High level player ganking low level players/groups ganking solo players while both run away from other high level PvP players. Guild fights are only about trading territories with little to no fighting".
      Food for thought:
      How many players would be glad for and come back to the game if there are T6-T8 blue/yellow zones for safe PvE and gathering?
      How many players would actually miss this full-loot PvP(not considering HG) of ganking low level players/ganking solo players or smaller groups in a big group?
      Obviously you do not understand what is a sandbox game. As full loot PvP fits very well into sandbox meaning.
    • Ikcen wrote:

Lofthild wrote:

The game is a touted as a "MMORPG sandbox", and yet as a PvE player or gatherer you're only safe until T5 zones, which is the last tier of safe zones, as T6 - T8 zones are full-loot PvP.

Why is that the case?
      To me it seems the forced PvP of T6+ zones is just there to uphold the illusion(especially for SBI) that the game:
      • People actually want to play no opt-out PvP when they just want to gather or PvE

Full-loot PvP is just a code for "High level player ganking low level players/groups ganking solo players while both run away from other high level PvP players. Guild fights are only about trading territories with little to no fighting".
      Food for thought:How many players would be glad for and come back to the game if there are T6-T8 blue/yellow zones for safe PvE and gathering?
      How many players would actually miss this full-loot PvP(not considering HG) of ganking low level players/ganking solo players or smaller groups in a big group?
      Obviously you do not understand what is a sandbox game. As full loot PvP fits very well into sandbox meaning.
      • So does a PvE sandbox with opt-in PvP. Your point?
    • Hickle wrote:

Lofthild wrote:

faintrespite wrote:

I don't mean this condescendingly, but if that's what you want why don't you just go play World of Warcraft?

The reason Albion is unique is that it is full loot PvP. If it doesn't have that, then why play Albion?
      • You are condescending if you have to put a disclaimer that you're not
      • If the scope is full-loot PvP there would be no blue/yellow zones but full-loot PvP just after the tutorial, right?
      • Albion Online is a sandbox, and yet by default I'm locked into T5 zones if I don't want forced PvP, thus missing the exponentially better silver/loot/fame rates of T6-T8 zones

I thought he was being polite. Albion is labelled a sandbox. It's also labelled a Full Loot PvP MMO. Yes, it can be both. You are still able to gather in RZ and BZ. You will get ganked, but once you get some experience, maybe a guild or some friends to help you, you'll make a lot of silver and overall, be successful as a high-tier gatherer. You want to do it without the dangers of Full-Loot PvP? World of Warcraft
      • Please do point me towards where Albion Online is described as a full loot PvP game on their own website: albiononline.com/en/home
      • Why do I need additional party members or a guild to be "successful" in sandbox?
    • OceanSpirit wrote:

So many high tier players here are delusional.

They forget that
      2) If you die and lose alot of your gear, you might not even have gear left to go back into the PvP zones.
      3) Sometimes people just want to fame farm dungeons and have a fun relaxing time without getting an adrenaline rush every 30min with a constant fear of dying.
      4) Sandbox means open ended gameplay. If 99% of end game content is PVP allowed, that directly contradicts the entire point of sandbox.
      5) The entire point of having blue zones that are higher tier is for players to even get a chance to reach the same power levels as veteran players that are dominating PVP activites such as hell gates. Just because a person has T8 gear doesn't mean he stands a chance against someone who has 400/400 spec which is 3 Tiers higher in power level.
      • You're a rarity in here with your ability to look at the game from an observer's perspective while considering the greater picture and especially the meaning of the word sandbox. Nice

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lofthild ().

• I can sympathize that the game is in a really crappy state for solo/small party play but mark my words, there are surely improvements to that content on the horizon. Honestly though the best advice for a solo player trying to reap the rewards of the outlands is to give up on the solo buzz and join a guild if only for the added benefits.
    • OceanSpirit wrote:

So many high tier players here are delusional.

They forget that
      1. They give this bonus as a reward for taking the risk. Anyone still do not understand the basics of this game? Do you want a better tier of raw materials / more fame/ better loot? You must take more risks!

2. That's why I don't invest everything in one set and don't go red / black in it. You don't even need to know the game anymore, but common sense. Even beginner guides, which are a whole bunch, always advise you not to buy something that is worth a significant portion of your total assets. And what if you lose everything? What stupidity must be punishment, it's time to start farming from the beginning in yellows, maybe at least you learn from mistakes.

3.U have yellow and blue u can relax there. U wan more? Its less fame then BZ? Its greedy thinking, you can not have everything. Either relax or risk with a profit.

4. I don't even understand what you wrote. Black zones are an open wild world without any rights, except for the law of the stronger. The real wild west, perfectly fits in the sandbox. In sandbox you can do whatever you want, but that doesn't mean you can do it thoughtlessly and without risk. Currently, no activity in the game is blocked. There are safe zones where you are safe and you can play without pvp, just players are still greedy and want to have the best things without risk, which I repeat again is not feasible because all the game mechanics, economy, craftsmanship etc. is based on risk and that part of the population will die in the process of collecting resources, fame farms, ganks, etc.

5. Currently, both black and red, you can fame farm up to 400/400 without a problem. Will it die? Yes, but this is the game, that from time to time will sow it to die. What's more, people who raised earlier are 400 and who want to catch up also died. Full loot pvp was not introduced in the last patches it was here from the beginning. With the rest, as I wrote, the introduction of the blue zones that you propose is impossible without removing players base economy and crafting, which are based on the same people are killed and some of their equipment is destroyed.

Oh and without 400/400 and t8.3 you can deal with pvp. Personally I run most of the time solo in t6.1-t7.0 with side weapons stuck on some 60-70 and 20-30 spec, and somehow I deal with pvp.

You just have to understand that dying is part of the gameplay here and if you want to participate in end game content without any death or loss, then you have chosen the wrong game.
    • Lofthild wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

Lofthild wrote:

Why is that the case?

Food for thought:How many players would be glad for and come back to the game if there are T6-T8 blue/yellow zones for safe PvE and gathering?How many players would actually miss this full-loot PvP(not considering HG) of ganking low level players/ganking solo players or smaller groups in a big group?
      • So does a PvE sandbox with opt-in PvP. Your point?

The full loot is a mechanism to impact the world of the game and the other players. It is a pure sandbox feature. In fact the full loot is the most powerful sandbox instrument given to the players here. Others, but with smaller impact are the local trade, which creates competition, the crafting, the hideouts, the ability to farm and to gather into the open world, the GvG.

Sandbox means a game which could be changed by the players. While in the themeparks your choices affect only your experience, but not the game. Like the theme parks in the real world, you can only choose your path trough different attractions. While in the sandbox game you can build and destroy the attractions or the avatars of the players. With the full loot you change the game for the other players.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ikcen ().

• Midgard wrote:

This is nothing more than an argument for Trammel and a sure fire way to destroy a PvP focussed game, as history has shown.
      FYI trammel was an add on from 2000 extension renaissance, some hardcore player did whine for some weeks to realised the battle on felluca was more fun/skilled since they got rid of all the noobs on trammel and poeple end up really liking the better fights for better rewards.. what hurt UO was the age of shadow expansion.. the expansion that replaced the skills for items with that expansion u had to grind hundreds of hours to get good gear or RMT to be able to duel PvP at high lvl..

If u wanna talk about history do it correctly.. it wasnt renaissance that hurt UO (wich launched in 2000 2 yrs after the release) but the AOS expansion player in game was missing after AOS.. and stygian abyss was the final nail in the coffin...

I.m bored to hear the younlings speaking about UO and trammel like it killed the game after 2-3 month everyone was liking it for many reasons.. better fight/ more skilled ennemies/ better rewards/ there was a lot of cool RP on trammy islands, like; auction house, hide n seek game, halloween costume contest/ dueling guilds (when before dueling events was always turning into chaos and anarchy) I mean please stop talking about what u dont know trammel did not killed UO; AoS expansion was the first step in the wrong direction, actually the one that hurt the player base!! with renaissance we didn't lose our full PvP game the noob just win a non full PvP game for 100% more grinding time..

BTW on Ultima Online the items was doing nuthing except the weapon and the mount and the were both really cheap the full loot aspect was not the problem it was the hardcore PvP griefing experience poeple was disliking.. it was AoS 2003 expansion with artefact and insurance system that hurt UO player base for the first time (with WoW) not the trammies... You clearly never played UO midgard and always repeating wrong things u've heard.

But let's be honest in the actual state u cannot do what the OP want or it will be dog shit.. poeple already have problem finding t7/t8 resources on PvP zone and not because of the PvP but the lack of resources.. imagine the state of a t6-t7-t8 pvp off zone u would be able to find 1 resources t8 per week by scouting the zone 148/148

The real problem about those resources they're on territory owned by big alliances that has an H/O on every single one of them, when small scale/solo player have trouble gathering a few of those big alliances players with territory control/aspect gonna have a shit load of them.. the problem here is how the share of the t7-t8 is split.. u can resume it by how the black zone terri control is.. BZ monopole and high resources monopole share is the same weak design problem 5% of the player base (big alliances) control 90% of it..

The incoming fix from SBI just gonna give more of these resources to big alliance players mainly the rich gonna get richer while the poor gonna pay a bit less for his resources on the market.. to fix t7-t8 problem u need to fix the big alliance domination in the black zone.. dont exclud a bigger trammy side because it could work for albion.. but not in the current state of the game, since SBI dont want more then 5-10% of the player to have access to t7-t8 resources or they would have fix the big alliances issue by now!

PS: buy gold .. this is SBI main focus since perceval patch #7 it's pretty obvious
    • KroDuK wrote:

I.m bored to hear the younlings speaking about UO and trammel like it killed the game after 2-3 month everyone was liking it for many reasons..

KroDuK wrote:

You clearly never played UO midgard

Firstly, im not a 'youngling' (but thanks for the compliment yoda) and played UO from Jan 2000 for 16 years without a break, multiple accounts and characters.

Secondly, I never said nor intimated that it killed it in 2-3 months, but it ultimately did.

KroDuK wrote:

everyone was liking it for many reasons.. better fight/ more skilled ennemies/ better rewards/ there was a lot of cool RP on trammy islands, like; auction house, hide n seek game, halloween costume contest/ dueling guilds
      Yeah .. they were. Then the realisation slowly set in that the purely pve experience was a vacuous experience with little depth or longevity. Trammel put the lid on the UO coffin, and it was slowly nailed shut over the coming year or two with as you said, awful update after awful update. I stayed a while and maintained 3 accounts with high value houses in good spots (including a private tokuno island) until Albion eventually cured me of that awful game that used to be great.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Iam ok with T6+ resources are in BZ or red zones, but i dont understand why SBI putted T6 resources two maps or more away from portal zones, If you want to gather T6 closest to portal zones you end in a T7 zone and this dont make any sense. In every T7 or T8 zones are hideouts what makes gathering extremely hard for soloers and for T6 maps you need to traveling even one map further. I dont see the logic about this.
    • Midgard wrote:

maintained 3 accounts with high value houses in good spots (including a private tokuno island)
      Actually on LS i had that spot too a sexy 14x16 tokuno style wasted 3 hours placing my house non stop we were like 40 players waiting since few hours trying to place our houses... and once more it was AoS noob the first step in the wrong direction not trammel..

Jessie wrote:

Iam ok with T6+ resources are in BZ or red zones, but i dont understand why SBI putted T6 resources two maps or more away from portal zones, If you want to gather T6 closest to portal zones you end in a T7 zone and this dont make any sense. In every T7 or T8 zones are hideouts what makes gathering extremely hard for soloers and for T6 maps you need to traveling even one map further. I dont see the logic about this.
      I'm waiting on that mist thing, incoming for small scale.. could be pretty dope.. but at this point i just wanna see the full design on paper to know where SBI gonna fuck it up

Cuz if u ask me there is absolutly 0 good reason on a small scale perspective to limit my movement reach in the BZ when big alliance owned most the terri and since queen own a shit load of Hideout everywhere on the map
    • Britishweeb wrote:

Hmmm.. why don't we implement a system where players can flag as "non-pvp" and freely walk in black zone without getting attacked?
      Because that will make black or any zones pointless. Most players will be non-pvp. People are in general rational, and they will avoid the risk if they can. Even if that means a bad game.

This is a MMO, if you play exclusively solo, there is something wrong with you, but not with the game.

Most so called MMOs are not actually MMOs, they are online solo games with some multiplayer features.

If you want a solo focused game similar to Albion, try Drakensang. But without real competition and need of cooperation the whole thing is kind of pointless. It is simply not a MMO.