Why is SBI so adamant to force people into no opt-out PvP for anything T5+

• Yeah ikcen, that´s really nice about solo / group dungeons - as it sort of prepares one for pvp, since mobs / bosses use abilities players use. It can be good practice to evade AOE ( if ur melee dps).

And fame will not make you better, but it will make you stronger. Smart is to get high spec in something ( preferably something that is versatile), and then you will have muuch easier time with anything, since the difference between no spec and max spec is essentially three tiers ( so t4.1 with max spec is as strong as t8 without any spec ).

Anyway, yeah, this game is all about knowledge of its mechanics, abilities etc. You can run on t3 horse black zone solo as a solo dungeoneer, ganker, or gatherer, and you won´t have any problems if you follow some basic black zone rules. And if you know what to do, you will have extremely hard time dying in this game.
      -
      - That´s also what i like about albion online. When i die, it´s on me. I can´t complain about it ( unless it´s error, lag or whatever). Usually it´s because of not knowing the mechanics - so when you die because of something, make it so that you won´t die because of it again.

Here some examples you have to learn the hard way( or u can just test yourself :D :( Knowing how invul bubble works when u cross zones. Knowing that when ur in combat makes it so that you cannot leave the zone ( and learn what puts you in combat). Knowing mechanics of mounting / dismounting.

And here is the funniest one - i rarely die now that i know majority of mechanics, but this one i didn´t know of : when under the invis of undead cape, mounting up removes the invis :D
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Because they listen to there player's .. its exactly what we want.

Lofthild wrote:

The game is a touted as a "MMORPG sandbox", and yet as a PvE player or gatherer you're only safe until T5 zones, which is the last tier of safe zones, as T6 - T8 zones are full-loot PvP.

Why is that the case?
      To me it seems the forced PvP of T6+ zones is just there to uphold the illusion(especially for SBI) that the game:
      • Is a sandbox with PvP focus and
      • People actually want to play no opt-out PvP when they just want to gather or PvE

Someone in a reddit thread put it best(with a little paraphrase from me):
      Full-loot PvP is just a code for "High level player ganking low level players/groups ganking solo players while both run away from other high level PvP players. Guild fights are only about trading territories with little to no fighting".
      Food for thought:
      How many players would be glad for and come back to the game if there are T6-T8 blue/yellow zones for safe PvE and gathering?
      How many players would actually miss this full-loot PvP(not considering HG) of ganking low level players/ganking solo players or smaller groups in a big group?

Lofthild wrote:

The game is a touted as a "MMORPG sandbox", and yet as a PvE player or gatherer you're only safe until T5 zones, which is the last tier of safe zones, as T6 - T8 zones are full-loot PvP.

Why is that the case?
      To me it seems the forced PvP of T6+ zones is just there to uphold the illusion(especially for SBI) that the game:
      • Is a sandbox with PvP focus and
      • People actually want to play no opt-out PvP when they just want to gather or PvE

Someone in a reddit thread put it best(with a little paraphrase from me):
      Full-loot PvP is just a code for "High level player ganking low level players/groups ganking solo players while both run away from other high level PvP players. Guild fights are only about trading territories with little to no fighting".
      Food for thought:
      How many players would be glad for and come back to the game if there are T6-T8 blue/yellow zones for safe PvE and gathering?
      How many players would actually miss this full-loot PvP(not considering HG) of ganking low level players/ganking solo players or smaller groups in a big group?
    • How ignorant of the core mechanics are the people who demand high tier zones.

PVP is the most important aspect of the game. Silver sink, and whole economy is based around that.

Rather than wanting the game to change, go out to black zone. If you want this to be safe farmwille, you are free to do so - in t5 zones, or farming HCE.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Bruuuh a lot of people play solo because they can only manage small doses of this game and don't wanna spend it standing around at the realmgate waiting for people to clean the gummies off their hands after a sweaty hornpub sesh. Besides, things will improve for solo players, a faction rework is already in the pipeline which will allow groups of all sizes and even solo players to jump in alongside their faction and get straight down to business.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Maori ().

• It´s really easy to evade gankers anyway. Just stay away from heavily organised group with high numbers, and there is very few of those anyway.

If you have issues with gankers, ask someone experienced how to evade them and that´s it.

Solo content is just a chill thing to do after zvz or group dungeons or whatever. I personally like to do solo afk ganking, or gathering + ganking solo, and there are no problems with that.

Like come on, this game doesn´t have that many mechanics and abilities. Just follow basic rules and that´s it.

I kill lot of people when i gank solo, and it´s always their fault. I cannot dismount people unless they come near me - so if people are careful, i won´t do anything. And yet people are careless, running down the most obvious roads and through places with highest traffic and when they see someone dismounted, they wont turn it away. And then they are like " suprised pikachu face " that they die. While if you are careful, people will have extremely hard time killing you even if you run on t3 horse. And if you have good mobility or escaping setup, hell - there is next to no way you will die.
    • Some what right some what wrong. So yes at first you will get your teeth kicked in when in the bz trying to fame farm by divers. but after that you smarten up and farm up you can easy clap divers as long as you keep cool inspect and watch out for plates. Mainly healer/rdps should be in the back and should see it even more so if they are decent healer because you throw one gen heal and the tank set for abit unless your doing like 8.1+ map or running crap gear. Like you learn to leave a few mobs up in some spots, skip maybe first room room, and learn from there.
    • Everytime same complain, people came in a MMO full loot PVP game but they want no full loot because too hard for them, they want a lot of solo gameplay but forgot what MMO means. Why don't play other games, Albion was already more pve friendly than before ( Random dungeon, solo dg, harder way to gank ... ) . So why destroying the gameplay of people who play from long time to the game because it's not what you want.
    • and what do you think….. what would be the stuff worth that they all Gather Risk free?
      Nothing, you Genius.....
      idk why ppl cant connect even 2 brain cells….

edit: you already have the Option to Gather worthless mats.
      go, get some t2 hide. you wont get more for your t8 after opt pvp
    • This threat amuses me...

Basic economics:
      Why is T8 valuable? Because its rare and its dangerous to get
      Why is T2 cheap? Because its abundant and its safe

You see the problem of making the BZ opt-in pvp?

T8 becomes cheap since it is no longer dangerous to get

Also if ganking is risk free and easy why don't you do it?
    • Energ218 wrote:

This threat amuses me...

Basic economics:
      Why is T8 valuable? Because its rare and its dangerous to get
      Why is T2 cheap? Because its abundant and its safe

You see the problem of making the BZ opt-in pvp?

T8 becomes cheap since it is no longer dangerous to get

Also if ganking is risk free and easy why don't you do it?
      This is why most of people are economic idiots.

Why T8 is valuable?
      Because its rare - yes
      Because its dangerous to get - bullshit (every T8 from map its taken by one or other gatherer and next its moving to market. Sometimes its transmitted by gankers [different its only trash])
      Because from T8 can craft T8 sets and T8 sets are better then T7 sets etc.

Nobody want use T2 sets because T2 sets are shit so T2 resources are cheap.

Economy regulates ZvZ and territory fights. They use expensive sets and when they loot something they probably move back this to battle.
      Most of gankers are only shitty morons specialize on poorest PvP content like 5 vs 1/10 vs 1 or 9 vs 5 in dungs. They need excuse like "regulate economy" for be stupid moron. Most of time they use trash sets and only work like traders from other players to market.

Remember if somebody burn your car, still your goods and next sell this to others, this guy only regulate economy :D

Without territory fights and ZvZ fights economy will have problems.
      Without gankers not because are many ways to fix this. On the past mobs execute players so they lost sets and this sets don't show up on markets. So stupid mobs was better for economic regulation then you wet dream gankers :D

"Also if ganking is risk free and easy why don't you do it?"
      Because some players are not incompetent idiots and try find fair play way.

The post was edited 1 time, last by assassinBK ().