Solo Players. How has your recent solo experience been?

• Solo Players. How has your recent solo experience been?

As a solo player, I am curious to learn what kind of experiences other solo players have had.

Feel free to post whatever here, but I’ll leave you all with a few specific questions if you feel like answering.

1. How long have you been playing?

2. Are you gathering? If so, what are you gathering? What tier? Red , yellows, blacks?

3. How has your gathering experience been overall?

4. Have you experienced gankers? If so, how often? How are you dealing with them?

5. What gear set(s) are you running?

6. Where are you located ( main city ) ?

7. How has your experience been compared to 6 months ago? How are they they same and how are they different? What’s better and what is worse?

I am looking forwards to some responses. Thanks for reading.
    • Chieftain wrote:

As a solo player, I am curious to learn what kind of experiences other solo players have had.

Feel free to post whatever here, but I’ll leave you all with a few specific questions if you feel like answering.

Was playin when it just started, quit for 2 years, I'm back and got lucky to buy gold at 126 silver at the start, otherwise my experience would suck.

2. Are you gathering? If so, what are you gathering? What tier? Red , yellows, blacks?

Black, leather.
      Bleh, can barely find T7 resources, let alone T8,

4. Have you experienced gankers? If so, how often? How are you dealing with them?
      It's much easier to survive outside if you aren't greedy, but fuck been trying Solo dungeons lately, and always get ganked by a group of people, it's like people in this game can't 1v1 for shit, starting to remember why I quit.

Lym
      7. How has your experience been compared to 6 months ago? How are they they same and how are they different? What’s better and what is worse?
      I know you didnt ask about RDs but it was the most fun, just dont understand why theyre called solo dungeons, when you can get ganked by squads, and it hurts to die to these people because theyre fkin bad..

• 1. I've been playing since just before the Merlyn Update which came out 31 July 2018.
      2. Nah I don't gather really..
      3. The furthest I've been was t5 skinning..
      4. I am the ganker lol xD
      5. 6.1 tier mainly solo builds like warbows or daggers and random builds here n there
      6. Bridgewatch
      7. It's been fairly well, SBI is doing what they can to make things better especially with the recent road-map release which is really cool and I'm happy :D

Now.. You ask what is worse? I've actually written this part out multiple times since I started writing this reply but it didn't feel right so I'd erase and start over but I think I got it now.. When the game was still new-ish and hadn't become free to play the population wasn't nearly as big and the zones weren't nearly as crowded.. You could run the static dungeons granted they weren't yellow zones they were red but you could run them and it was pretty good and you weren't being dove every 5 minutes because the games population wasn't nearly as big.. It actually felt pretty rare to be dove compared to today's standards.

Basically long story short.. because of the changes to population and activity.. I feel like fame also needs to be adjusted. I feel like it's just a little unbalanced because you risk A LOT for very little reward. If you go look at some of the streamers on Twitch or go run dungeons yourself you'll constantly find yourself being dove by much larger groups which has lead to guilds running much larger groups when running fame farms so they have better protection and strength in numbers in the event they get dove themselves but with that comes much less fame to the point it's almost not even worth running dungeons in black zones... You can easily just do 3 man tier 5 yellow zone group dungeons or 4 man tier 5 static dungeons and then find a random dungeon inside to escalate up to a tier 6 and get comparable fame without the risk but you can only do it with 3-4 people before the fame is so low you might as well run solo dungeons which is not so fun and boring.. it is a MMO after all and people are eager to play with their friends. The old 5 man groups of using 1 healer, 1 tank and 3 DPS doesn't work anymore.. because you're GONNA get dove by groups much larger..

SBI should make the dungeons harder and increase the fame to compensate. Ever since I started playing I remember it being the standard 5 man group sometimes 6 or so but groups generally go higher than 7 or 8 because of the reduced fame it wasn't efficient enough unless you were running in higher tier black zones. Maybe increase the fame but require more people to run the group dungeons and also increase the fame in solo dungeons a lil as well to compensate? dunno.. Everything I'm saying is just from what I've witness since I've returned to the game a lil over a month ago and noticing the changes.

I'd be curious to see if anyone else has noticed this as well.. something else that's changed over this time is the average tier of gear going from 4.1 to 6.1 too.

Edit: fame requirements have gone up a lot as well for the more prominent guilds/alliances which kinda makes it hard to jump into the ZvZ action or even just get out to the black zone and fame farm with a good guild as a newer or even returning player.. even for myself having ties with various guilds they refuse to take me because my PVE/PVP fame is to low.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dimmizer ().

• 1. How long have you been playing?
      2 weeks before F2P.

I stopped gathering long time ago, but then i gather blacks, didn't Gather in the last 6 months or even more.

Did a few millions out of it, takes lot of time and you need to move,

att 1vX i survived just a few times, i don't run 1H spear so it's hard to deal with them, my record is 3 gankers killed. more than that is death for me, i know how to avoid areas and time zones where there're lots of players ganking, dying lot of times when i was a newbie teach me how to move around clusters to avoid popular spots for gankers.

Currently Equart's Carving set, i'll switch at Patch 8.

Thetford and Martlock, i love Runnel Sink, too much pvp.

Very good, solo dungeons release was lame, expected group diving were true, now they keep doing it but it's less popular due the game being more zergy than small scale, before Solo Dungeons it was impossible to think you could play alone besides ganking, meta-wise was always the same besides 1h spear popularity, warbows, dual swords,bloodletters, carvings were always meta.
      • How long have you been playing? - Since Beta.
      • Are you gathering? If so, what are you gathering? What tier? Red , yellows, blacks? - I do not gather at all
      • How has your gathering experience been overall? - "----"
      • Have you experienced gankers? If so, how often? How are you dealing with them? - Almost no gangers , perfectly balanced game , non-stop balanced fights. Very exciting game for solo players, community is not toxic. Albion is a heaven for solo players.
      • What gear set(s) are you running? - Right now 8.0 - 8.1 items , Carving/Assassin jacket/Guardian helmet/Demon boots/Undead Cape , as you can see it is random items , thank god Albion let you to wear any build you like and be efficient in solo gameplay.
      • Where are you located ( main city ) ? - Martlock BZ and RZ , sometimes RZ near Lymhurst. Pretty peaceful locations.
      • How has your experience been compared to 6 months ago? How are they they same and how are they different? What’s better and what is worse? - Hm, tones of new and usefull content were added to the game during the last 6 months. The best part - is how Dev's adding balanced content for all types of gameplay , solo/small scale/zerg . So , as you can see - they do not wait until any of this types of content become unplayable , they do not wait for community wrath on forums and other platforms , like other game Devs. Waiting for a fix one year or more? - It is not about SBI , they will fix it instantly.
      And about the worst part...Well , i think they are giving us (community) too much "love" and attention. I suppose they should take a short break, since all is balanced and playable. They deserve it. And come back after this break
      with more epic and greatest ideas, to make Albion even better then it is now.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Equart ().

• Zergion Online focuses on one thing, and one thing only: ZvZ - with complete disregard to every other playstyle
      • Gathering system is a treadmill, as for each tier you needs materials of the previous tier, which is just utterly tedious and boring
      • For me gathering armor abilities are a joke, which is quite evident by the fact that gatherers are almost forced to use e.g. Bloodletter to get more abilities for counter-play
      • As for gankers:
        • High-level ganking low level or gatherers
        • Big groups ganking solo players/smaller groups

• IcedBong wrote:

Chieftain wrote:

Was playin when it just started, quit for 2 years, I'm back and got lucky to buy gold at 126 silver at the start, otherwise my experience would suck.

Black, leather.
      Bleh, can barely find T7 resources, let alone T8,

It's much easier to survive outside if you aren't greedy, but fuck been trying Solo dungeons lately, and always get ganked by a group of people, it's like people in this game can't 1v1 for shit, starting to remember why I quit.

Lym
      I know you didnt ask about RDs but it was the most fun, just dont understand why theyre called solo dungeons, when you can get ganked by squads, and it hurts to die to these people because theyre fkin bad..

Wow we actually share a lot of the same experiences. I also find SD to be a complexly waste of my time at this point, because I too am constantly getting ganked in solo dungeons and find it more worth my time to just do a couple of yellows and hop in reds at better ( less active ) hours.

thanks for your input :)

I am also a returning player who quit for 2 years.
    • Equart wrote:

• How long have you been playing? - Since Beta.
      • Are you gathering? If so, what are you gathering? What tier? Red , yellows, blacks? - I do not gather at all
      • How has your gathering experience been overall? - "----"
      • Have you experienced gankers? If so, how often? How are you dealing with them? - Almost no gangers , perfectly balanced game , non-stop balanced fights. Very exciting game for solo players, community is not toxic. Albion is a heaven for solo players.
      • What gear set(s) are you running? - Right now 8.0 - 8.1 items , Carving/Assassin jacket/Guardian helmet/Demon boots/Undead Cape , as you can see it is random items , thank god Albion let you to wear any build you like and be efficient in solo gameplay.
      • Where are you located ( main city ) ? - Martlock BZ and RZ , sometimes RZ near Lymhurst. Pretty peaceful locations.
      • How has your experience been compared to 6 months ago? How are they they same and how are they different? What’s better and what is worse? - Hm, tones of new and usefull content were added to the game during the last 6 months. The best part - is how Dev's adding balanced content for all types of gameplay , solo/small scale/zerg . So , as you can see - they do not wait until any of this types of content become unplayable , they do not wait for community wrath on forums and other platforms , like other game Devs. Waiting for a fix one year or more? - It is not about SBI , they will fix it instantly.
      And about the worst part...Well , i think they are giving us (community) too much "love" and attention. I suppose they should take a short break, since all is balanced and playable. They deserve it. And come back after this break
      with more epic and greatest ideas, to make Albion even better then it is now.

haha - quality ..could not have said it better.

One correction. Nature thorns are bugged, almost 95% reflect damage lost. Minor one, just unplayable in 1on1, but hey, after 10 days achnowledge as a bug, then after several days empathy by SBI QA guy, that tried poke devs, then a visual fix -looks better now graphically while being unuseable, small chance to be in patch 9, so maybe in 2 weeks.

Bottom line, braking something completely and then let it rot for minimum 6-8 weeks is hard..

But I am scared that it takes as long as the 2hg fix..

Better not jinx it
    • I have played since beta primarily as solo but I have played in all aspects in the game to get a vibe for mechanics. I gathered on an alt back in the day but gave up that character over a year go. Solo game play has been pretty bad since Queen update as content is either 100 people or nothing. For some reason BZ SRDs are dead even in the zerg occupied zones. The HG ratting fix next week may fix this time will tell. The road map is promising we will see how that goes when/if those changes are implemented. Nice job on that troll response Equart! Haha. @Equart
    • Chieftain wrote:

1 - started end of final beta
      2 - Black (6 to 8) and red (5 to 6)
      3 - More size 23 nodes is a positive
      4 - of course, be careful, flee where possible - die with dignity when cant escape
      5 - 6.1 or 7
      6 - Martlock black (I in Arch)
      7 - Its very different, I know a lot of Arch complain but I still enjoy it
    • 1. Started on Beta, played only one month and come back with F2P release.

2. I gather T8 rocks, but leveled mainly in blue/yellow zones only in the beggining, today i do not gather.

3. Boring,

4. When i'm ganked if it's a small group and i'm with a AOE build, i try to fight. If it's one player i fight back always.

5. I create my builds around axes and mercenary jacket. my favorite build: albiononline.com/pt/characterbuilder/solo-builds/view/39550

6. Lymhurst.

7. My experience today it's really better and funnier than 6 months ago. Before the solo DG was created, i have no much things to do as a solo player, but now i'll go on Solo DG in very crowded maps looking for PvE and PvP. This changes on the black, with the invisible shrines helped a lot to go black zones with better gear (without fear of getting zerged in a portal zone). Now i run t8 gear in t6~7 DG and can fight even 1v2. But when more than 2 people comes to solo DG it's very annoying. The next update it's my update!!! HYPE!

The post was edited 1 time, last by DaarioNaharis ().

• Chieftain wrote:

Since the launch, july 2017

Yes, i gather everything T8, even fish. I focus on T7 and T8 zones blackzones.

No difference at all, i even enjoy it better with small nodes and it's almost impossible to die to ganks.

They show up a lot, but it's very hard to catch gatherers that know what they are doing.

T8 gathering gear, bloodletter + mistcaller, fort sterling cape, invis potion, swiftclaw and pies.

Bridgewatch/lymhurst

It's better now, smaller nodes made it easier to find.