Testserver Patch Notes - Queen Patch 8

• PrintsKaspian wrote:

Queen Patch 8

Changes to Faction Flagging in Yellow Zones

Players who are flagged hostile and players who are flagged for Faction Warfare can no longer attack each other in yellow zones. This is to prevent cases where a hostile player knocks down a faction-flagged player who is then executed by other faction-flagged players. Details:
      • More specifically, hostile and faction-flagged players in yellow zones are neutral to each other. This means they cannot cast any spells on each other, whether harmful or beneficial.
      • Faction-flagged players can still kill and be killed by other faction-flagged players in all zones, including blue and yellow.
      • Hostile players in yellow zones can still attack (and be attacked by) other non-faction-flagged players, whether they are flagged or not. Knockdown rules remain in effect for all combat in yellow zones.
      • Exception: Hostile and faction-flagged players can attack each other with knockdown rules in unrestricted PvP areas in yellow zones (such as the circled areas around treasure chests). These areas effectively remove the "neutral" status from all players, allowing combat between all players. As with all areas in the game, faction-flagged players can execute players flagged to other factions in these zones.
      Hellgate Changes
      • Increased availability of Hellgates:

• Outlands Greater (5v5) Hellgates now respawn every 10 minutes
      • Outlands Lesser (2v2) Hellgates now respawn every 6 minutes

• The loot of the Vicious Overlord and the Demonic Chest are now protected for 2 minutes for the party dealing the most respective damage to each
      • Hitpoints of the Demonic Chest increased from 2000 to 6000
      • Demonic Chest now has the same amount of armor and magic resistance as the other demons
      • Fame of Veteran Trapped Demons reduced by 50%
      • This Fame has been moved to the Vicious Overlord and the Demonic Chest
      New Avatar Rings Available
      Added 4 new avatar rings to the vanity shop, which can be purchased with 2 Adventurer's Tokens. As a reminder, these tokens can be obtained by trading unused ring items (obtained by completing the monthly Adventurer's Challenge) at the Vanity Merchant in all Royal Continent cities.
      The available rings are:
      • Nature Spirit
      • Inferno
      • Enigma
      • Crossed Blades

• With the flagging change you contradict your whole mantra of no opt-out PvP, as there's no logical reason why a hostile player shouldn't be able to kill someone who's faction flagged:
        • The hostile player clearly wants to PvP and be attacked
        • The flagged person clearly wants to shoulder the drawbacks of being flagged like being killed by a hostile player/different faction-flagged player
        • -> with that change as a base it's sure possible to introduce another type of flag which makes me as a PvE player immune to be attacked + unable to attack other players, right?
      • The HG changes clearly indicate you're only doing the bare minimum, if at all. To recap HG flaws:
        • Ratting for the chest
        • Low respawn time
        • Map is way too big for a PvP arena with PvE elements
        • Map puts WoW arena pillar hugging to shame: inspect enemy -> run to the furthest corner available to drop combat -> use one of your 100000 swaps -> play "Catch me if you can" while both parties run around
        • Especially 2vs2 are quite favored for the team which has a healer
      • What you changed:
        • Respawn time, but only for Outland HGs
        • Band-aid to fix ratting for the final chest by increasing its HP + resistances

• Where's the preview for the avatar rings?

The post was edited 4 times, last by Lofthild ().

• As a player who mainly play hellgates I'm really looking forward of those hg changes, even to I think they don't fix most of the problems.

Lofthild wrote:

Map puts WoW arena pillar hugging to shame: inspect enemy -> run to the furthest corner available to drop combat -> use one of your 100000 swaps -> play "Catch me if you can" while both parties run around

I really think we still gonna spent some time playing "catch me if you can", and those changes does nothing about bringing 10000 swaps in the bag, which isn't fun at all for me. But I think all of those changes are a step in the right direction.
    • tabooshka wrote:

great irony is hideouts were meant to buff small guilds while they did the complete opposite
      Hideouts surpassed even tradeable focus potions, as one of the least well thought out things in the game. They keep making these systems with very obvious and very powerful outcomes, and then just hoping no one notices or takes advantage of it.

I am pretty forgiving of things like forgetting to remove the silver values of journals. That's a pretty honest mistake. But, hideouts are like insurmountable offensive and defensive structures for people who already have reasonable power structures, or else toilet paper against those people. More N+1 superiority mechanics we do not need.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
      "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • I like the idea of just allowing 1 HO per guild but having them indestructible. There are plenty of BZs to accommodate this. They could make it so you need to be x size of members to place them to avoid abuse. They could also lower the map space usage if needed to accommodate the 6 limit per zone if that became an issue.

If only 1 HO per guild was allowed and also only to be used by that guild the HO abuse currently happening would also be eliminated.

To avoid HOs remaining on the map from dead guilds they would still disappear if not properly maintained/fed. Once again more availability to live in the BZ would encourage more activity in BZ. Otherwise if no change to HOs then add stations to BZ cities so small and medium guilds can at least live there reasonably.
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

Fixes

Spell fixes:

Animations and audio for numerous spells updated for more accurate spell effect feedback

Devastating Strike (Black Hands): second hit now strikes targets more reliably

Raging Storm (Bow of Badon): now interrupts enemy casts as intended

Fire Artillery (Fire Staffs): damage over time effect can now be removed by Emergency Heal as intended

Additional minor graphical, terrain, animation, UI, audio, and localization fixes
      Bear Paws? :(
    • Captainrussia wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Fixes

Spell fixes:

Animations and audio for numerous spells updated for more accurate spell effect feedback

Devastating Strike (Black Hands): second hit now strikes targets more reliably

Raging Storm (Bow of Badon): now interrupts enemy casts as intended

Fire Artillery (Fire Staffs): damage over time effect can now be removed by Emergency Heal as intended

Additional minor graphical, terrain, animation, UI, audio, and localization fixes
      Bear Paws? :(
      There is no spoon.
    • @PrintsKaspian @Mytherceria @Evas_Flarelight (see below for list of missing tooltips. And yes I understand its test server and some things could still me missing)

Dagger 1h E duration got cut in half - to 6 sec, current on live (Poison Haze) is 12 sec.
      I understand that with changing/reworking the spell - you are thinking that the duration needs to be changed as well, but 6 sec seems too short (in the current meta of not just purges, but CC/knockbacks and such). I think the 8-10 sec duration would be a sweet spot.

Lofthild wrote:

Band-aid to fix ratting for the final chest by increasing its HP + resistances
      Why you think its a band-aid? If it works - it works. It will become a permanent fix. If it stops ratting = its a success

Retroman wrote:

Quarter Staves

Fatal Blade (Black Monk Staff)

Removed the Channel. It is now an instant ability which leaves the swinginging blade on the ground, while the player can keep moving

Area duration: 3s -> 5s
      Tooltip does not reflect that its not a channeled ability

Retroman wrote:

Requite (Armor of Valor)

The channel is now uninterruptible
      Tooltip missing that its uninterruptable.

Retroman wrote:

Fear Aura (Fiend Robe)

Channel Duration: 4s -> 3s
      Tooltip still shows 4 sec

Retroman wrote:

Ethereal Path (Harvester Workboots)

Now cleanses yourself upon activation

Cast Range: 14m -> 16m

Sprint Duration: 4s -> 7s
      Tooltip shows: Range = self

Retroman wrote:

Helmets

Nasty Wounds (Hood of Tenacity)

Now also reduces Healing Output by 50%
      Tooltip is missing "Healing Output" mention.

EDIT:

Lofthild wrote:

Especially 2vs2 are quite favored for the team which has a healer
      There have been multiple balance fixed to address the healer "meta". (I dont even feel like calling it meta). Hood of Tenacity makes them useless, as well as other stunlock/CC/silance type weapons outright prevent them from healing.
      You cant expect to just bring double raw DPS to a 2v2 HG and expect to (easily) kill a healer...thats not how it works...

The post was edited 3 times, last by Captainrussia ().

• Daggers

Normal Attacks
      [*]One handed Dagger:
      • Attack Interval: every 0.91s -> every 0.5s
      • Damage per Attack: 1.31 -> 0.72
      [*]Dual Daggers & Deathgivers:
      • Attack Interval: every 0.91s -> every 0.4s
      • Damage per Attack: 43 -> 19
      • Attack Range: 2m -> 1.5m
      [*]Claws & Black Hands:
      • Attack Interval: every 0.91s -> every 0.5s
      • Damage per Attack: 43 -> 23

Bloodletter Auto Attack:

• Attack Interval: every 0.83s -> every 0.6s
      • Attack DPS stays unchanged
      • Damage per Attack: 1.15 -> 0.83

- Very confusing info. You could basically say :

1h Dagger AS => 1.1 -> 2.0
      DD and deathgivers AS => 1.1 -> 2.5
      Claws and BH AS => 1.1 -> 2.0
      BL AS => 1.2 -> 1.67

Because i understood something completely different in comparison of the result i've got from testing.

- I don't know if it's me but Missile shot from bow auto-attack doesn't feel it got faster. Crossbow is very noticeable but bow not at all.
    • well i said in another thread that they had to be very careful with the HG change and do it cleverly so rats stop being a problem and no exploit could happen, i'm affraid they did not, tbh guys is it that hard ? New rat meta: hight DPS build with demon boot and undead cape, it may even be more easy than it is now, build with no burst or any team with healer may have trouble to do most of the damage (rats team, cause yeah they team up sometime, will be able to make most of the damage to the chest but still they wont fight for it) i hope i'm wrong, please test it further cause i'm very doubtfull about theese "fix" ?( .
      As for the 6/10min spawn it's what we have alrdy, does it mean they will never skip ?
    • Bada wrote:

well i said in another thread that they had to be very careful with the HG change and do it cleverly so rats stop being a problem and no exploit could happen, i'm affraid they did not, tbh guys is it that hard ? New rat meta: hight DPS build with demon boot and undead cape, it may even be more easy than it is now, build with no burst or any team with healer may have trouble to do most of the damage (rats team, cause yeah they team up sometime, will be able to make most of the damage to the chest but still they wont fight for it) i hope i'm wrong, please test it further cause i'm very doubtfull about theese "fix" ?( .
      As for the 6/10min spawn it's what we have alrdy, does it mean they will never skip ?
      Oneshot rat meta. Will see soon. Looks like someone really don't wanna let players get 2 vs 2 fight in the HG 2 vs 2. But just abuse the chees loot\fame from the chest.
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

1shot rat is NOT gonna fly

Issue is chest. U need Windwall to rat effective.

If not u gonna get chased down

The chest has armour now, so the effective Hotpoint are much higher.

If there is one rat it will die before it does the chest and loots and runs

We as of today kill even t7+ solo rats before they run..

Here you go. One more time RT proved they made fake solutions to save abuse in mechanics. And it is not a one shot, just coth 1h dagger got more DPS then one shot builds now.