Dev Talk: What's Next?

• Dev Talk: What's Next?

The Queen Update launched on January 20, 2020 and revolutionized Albion’s Outland gameplay. Our next major focus will be on a crucial aspect of Albion Online that needs more attention: solo and small-group gameplay. In this Dev Talk, Game Director Robin Henkys covers several major upcoming features that address this topic, as well as other changes and improvements coming to the game.

No time to watch the video or prefer a written summary? Click here: albiononline.com/en/news/devtalk-whats-next
    • I hope you will add all of this things you mentioned in next update.
      ---
      There are might be some "downsides" of meta in new activities , but i would not bother about it. People will find the way how to counter it, if some of the builds will be too strong. In current state of the game - we need anything , literally anything. Balancing can wait.
    • also is this still on the road map, or this a broken addition?
      @Korn Best time to add with gathering

Gathering
      In addition to “classic” PvE dungeons, we also plan to introduce “Resource Dungeons”. These dungeons will exist in different sizes (and of course resource type) and will be particularly interesting gathering locations. Though some of them may just contain plain resources, many will have their resources guarded by mobs. This encourages players to cooperate, clearing resource dungeons to gain access to resources for their guild (or to make a shared profit). Again, the different sizes available to you should make for interesting choices.
    • Sgtbloodelf wrote:

also is this still on the road map, or this a broken addition?

Gathering
      In addition to “classic” PvE dungeons, we also plan to introduce “Resource Dungeons”. These dungeons will exist in different sizes (and of course resource type) and will be particularly interesting gathering locations. Though some of them may just contain plain resources, many will have their resources guarded by mobs. This encourages players to cooperate, clearing resource dungeons to gain access to resources for their guild (or to make a shared profit). Again, the different sizes available to you should make for interesting choices.
      Albion Roadmap Update 2020

see:

Eltharyon wrote:

Lastly, I should talk about some of the topics that were in last year’s roadmap. If you check on that post, you’ll see that we’ve achieved most of what we set out to do in that post. Some things remain unfinished and we’ll continue to work towards them (like better highlighting of PvP hotspots and open world objectives), and other ideas became part of new features (like gathering dungeons, the idea of these is included in our plans for the Roads of Avalon). The same thing may happen to some of the topics listed in this roadmap- its natural for things to change or be adapted as part of the development process.
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Sgtbloodelf wrote:

also is this still on the road map, or this a broken addition?

Gathering
      Albion Roadmap Update 2020
      see:

Eltharyon wrote:

Lastly, I should talk about some of the topics that were in last year’s roadmap. If you check on that post, you’ll see that we’ve achieved most of what we set out to do in that post. Some things remain unfinished and we’ll continue to work towards them (like better highlighting of PvP hotspots and open world objectives), and other ideas became part of new features (like gathering dungeons, the idea of these is included in our plans for the Roads of Avalon). The same thing may happen to some of the topics listed in this roadmap- its natural for things to change or be adapted as part of the development process.

smh missed that, thank you
    • I'm glad to see that faction warfare will get reworked.

However I would really like there to be some sort of "soft" death option on the royal continent for faction warfare for people that hate losing gear.

Maybe something like a "badge" you can buy for 10,000 Silver, and upon death you get teleported back to your faction city but you drop the badge. Anyone can pick up the badge and sell it at their respective faction city for 8000 Silver or something.

One thing I would love for Faction Warfare is a bonus for your allegiance and maybe even disadvantages aswell.

For example, maybe the tax rate at your faction city is 1% less but on enemy cities its 1% more. (Because they hate you ha)
      Or bonus damage/defense while inside your faction's Biome.

Or what would be epic is a GIANT faction warfare on the BZ continent once a month that says "screw guild factions, today we fight for your faction's loyalty!"
    • WTF :D Nice we get finaly a Set buy Option? My God, a dream comes true !!! :D:D:D

Changes to Help smaller Guilds? :O and when i correctly understand it, reducing the impact of the top Guilds?
      How will you do this?

The thing is, the only possible Option that i can see to help a small Guild to get a Terretory (to Start with Guild Content as it self) is to limit the Guilds wo can Fight or Claim an Terry like...

Owning a Minor Terry is allowed for Guilds with 1-100 Members
      Owning a Medium terry is allowed for Guilds with 100-200 Members
      Owning a Major Terry is allowed for Guilds with 200-300 Member

Will Change the Amount of Members when you have a Terry and ur Guild is growing up, the Terry should be Free Claimable after 24h again...

and then there must be a way to protect those "smaller" guilds not getting attacked by the top Guilds ...

Like: 300 Guild says: "Hey little Noob Guild, we hate u and only wants our Friends on our Map, so bb we come with 300 Guys tomorrow and give ur Terry free...
      How? idk... Cause u will everytime get trouble with the better Guilds then who wanna come and raid instant lower Guilds Terrys :D but its a part of the Game and i feel fine with it?! ^^

But i think it could be a cool way to bring lower Guilds in smaller ZvZ Fights to start with it and shows the full content of the Game
      Anyway, its only a Option in my mind :D

Btw nice future for the Game that Video, i hope u will release more Informations soon *thumps up*
      Lynatix

~~ Evil Inside ~~
      A international PvP Based Guild