Albion Roadmap Update 2020

• Asgaeroth wrote:

I'd really like to see T8 resources spawn rates staggered in some way. 99% of the day it's just endless oceans of empty nodes, people strip mine them at server up, and then can go grab them again by the spawn timer, and then that's it for the day for T8 gathering. I like to roam the T8 zones on off hours gathering T6 and T7, don't think I've gotten a T8 node since queen came out because I don't play a lot during the 2 30 minute periods they are available at the moment.
      Test server for patch 8 has the fix for this, they are increasing T7 and T8 across the board and changing it back to regenerating 1 resource at a time and faster then previously.
    • 1 vs 1 in closed dungeons is the best thing what i have waited since second alpha. Becuase the we really gt to know who is best not weak ass gankers who cant win fights when they are alone.

Make also Arenas where people can see the 1vs1 , 2vs2 and 5vs5 fights and also gamle who will win. this would be so cool. Also make then leader board who is rally the master of the arenas in different categories 1vs1, 2vs2 and 5vs5 and also good prizes like every day, week and month.

No we need major debuff for big guild so they cant attack small guilds and their hideouts and then play begins.
      Smile because sun shines every day!
      There is some days where you just cant see the sun because of, but remember, sun always shines, every day!
    • OceanSpirit wrote:

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but, could we consider better rewards for outposts, mobs, etc that are killed further away from the city?

For example, if I flag up Lymhurst and capture a Bridgewatch outpost I get 3k points, but if I capture an outpost beside Thetford I get 6k points.
      The first time i flagged for faction that's how i thought the faction point was working; after i've read the albion wiki for faction mission (trading heart)

I was 100% sure like if i was doing content 2 zone away from the faction city it was more rewarding in faction point than the 1 one; but u need a hardcap on that as well with that design like if u put 6 zone hardcap it would be awesome to have a sexy t8 RZ map (only one) that is exactly 6 zones from every single cities to make sure u have a hardcore faction PvP zone where all the best faction players/group/gatherer gonna be for a maximum reward and content.. but yeah there is so much good idea AO could do for faction.. i just hope they wont turn the faction system for RZ into the big alliance design they have for the BZ.. or ur gonna have top faction (more crowded and some faction/city gona be empty)

A faction system should always fill at least these 2 goals on a sandbox.. the small/scale solo player that want to fight has a militian (it give a feeling of community to that player like the type of player that only play in fort sterling.. when he's flagging fort sterling it's to defend the snowy zone.. it open the door to RP mecanics/design like ranking, allegiance, election, ...) u could even give a partial taxe refund for poeple giving allegiance to certain city while paying more taxes in other cities or things like that..

The second goal is for hardcore PvPer.. faction flag should be one of the most hardcore PvP mecanics in the game as soon ur leaving ur area/biome (like the t8 zone; 6 zone away from all other cities) If u want hardcore PvP at any time u should be able to flag faction (even if u given ur allegiance u can unflag, in ur faction city only) and be able to find pvp content in the next 15 minutes.. like a big static worthy t8 avalonian dungeon on that t8 zone or a king of the hill game, something fun even as a solo player u could flag n join other faction player from ur alliance to work as a team... (do not turn this shit into a scoreboard faction system plz) or like if u have 30 outpost on the map ur faction have to control 10 of them to gain access to that t8 zone.. once ur in even if u lose ur 10 outpost u stay in.. if u leave you have to attack some outpost to regain access.. so at best u have 3 faction holding 10 outpost fighting each others and a solo/small scale could know if they can go in to find potential militian allies...

There is so much cool shit u could do with ur faction system dont forgot the 2 goal (offering the feeling of community to small/scale solo player with the militian system; u can add much depth cool design on a militian system/rp/city bonus or nerf/election)
      And the hardcore PvP option for hardcore PvPers (the fact i can unflag when i want this is insane, the fact i can run deep at night to log out a faction player on a t4 blue ennemy zone very quickly is bad.. fix the log out timer for faction player at least 3-5 minutes even on a blue zone... make sure i can only unflag at my local militia office the same guy that flagging me should unflag me.. i should not unflag when i find a good loot to only care about murderer/hostile, anyway -.-

PS: taking faction outpost should not be more rewarding on a freaking sandbox since it give little more safety for the faction player on the map (it'S not a hideout but it helps) but adding meaning to the outpost control could be dope like a chest u have access when ur faction controlling the outpost if another faction steal it u dont have access to the chest but at anytime u can try to regain control of it to get ur access chest/loot back.. on a sandbox not everything should be rewarding.. sometimes u have to do something/content not rewarding to gain some safety or access to something worthy ...

Edit: have u ever consider turning the black market into the royal continent ganker market? Like any gear earn from a dead player body on the royal couldnt be sale on regular market but only on the black market (bit higher price, better items player wear better the chest loot going to be)
      You still could keep those gear to wear it tho.. but the black market system how it is right now is an heresy for a sandbox game, market control by the system that injecting silver IG + injecting the items sold IG as well.. the fuck !?

The post was edited 12 times, last by KroDuK ().

• Any feature on this we can have on this upfront while we watch the zergs and Megas rule??

It would already be great if u bring, while we wait on this,

1 on 1 hg, based on 2 hg and an ow world entrance like an SRD, 3 in every zone, and to be creative we not make it green diamond to enter we make it ..hmm blue??

Minimum effort, lots of time gained and hard to mess up..

Yes? No?
    • To do list:

1. Static dungeons sucks for a year now
      2. World bosses loot sucks for two years now, no new bosses released for years now.
      3. Still no content for solo/small gameplay to work on season points(except levels ofc). Even small points would be better than nothing, what about BZ factions?
      4. Some weapons are still having no IP related balance - Arcanes. IMO we should first make IP somehow important for everything we have in game, this is required to keep economy stable
      5. Something new to make loot lists better and BM not broken, e.g. contracts for goods? Like make 5x 8.0 fire staff of good quality or better for XYZ price, the price would grow with time the contract is not satisfied
      6. Hidden treasures don't scale correctly, when they spawn they are right away killed with 0 loot. It should be ultra rare thing with good shit in it. Could be heavy, like super rare treasure which is sold to the market for e.g. 1m or something , but takes e.g. 100% of your load so you have to carry it. Could work like BM with it's own loot list.
      7. Solo mobs in open world are still #1 most hardcore pvp content while being completely, completely pointless in blackzones. Nobody FF them. At least roaming mobs bosses should be worth killing when travelling between solo dungeons.
      8. Faction fights have no bigger meaning (I've heard about planned rework though), there should be some ranking with rewards by the end of the season or something.
      9. Geography*time territories distribution, in other words - map needs adjustments to match players online accordingly. EU+US overlap making EU evening nightmare while late night US zones are undercontested..
      10. Dynamic Hud, we need to be able to hide specific parts of hud, just like alt+h but for the each of elements separately.

This is my top10 list that isn't even mentioned in this roadmap and most of those things are legacy as SBI never looks back when releasing new content/adjusting thing and leaving behind what they have done before. I already said this multiple times - everytime with new content patch we need to carefully look back, look for quick wins and make the product better with as little effort as possible and only then add new content.

Hope that helps,
    • glokz wrote:

To do list:

1. Static dungeons sucks for a year now
      2. World bosses loot sucks for two years now, no new bosses released for years now.
      3. Still no content for solo/small gameplay to work on season points(except levels ofc). Even small points would be better than nothing, what about BZ factions?
      4. Some weapons are still having no IP related balance - Arcanes. IMO we should first make IP somehow important for everything we have in game, this is required to keep economy stable
      5. Something new to make loot lists better and BM not broken, e.g. contracts for goods? Like make 5x 8.0 fire staff of good quality or better for XYZ price, the price would grow with time the contract is not satisfied
      6. Hidden treasures don't scale correctly, when they spawn they are right away killed with 0 loot. It should be ultra rare thing with good shit in it. Could be heavy, like super rare treasure which is sold to the market for e.g. 1m or something , but takes e.g. 100% of your load so you have to carry it. Could work like BM with it's own loot list.
      7. Solo mobs in open world are still #1 most hardcore pvp content while being completely, completely pointless in blackzones. Nobody FF them. At least roaming mobs bosses should be worth killing when travelling between solo dungeons.
      8. Faction fights have no bigger meaning (I've heard about planned rework though), there should be some ranking with rewards by the end of the season or something.
      9. Geography*time territories distribution, in other words - map needs adjustments to match players online accordingly. EU+US overlap making EU evening nightmare while late night US zones are undercontested..
      10. Dynamic Hud, we need to be able to hide specific parts of hud, just like alt+h but for the each of elements separately.

This is my top10 list that isn't even mentioned in this roadmap and most of those things are legacy as SBI never looks back when releasing new content/adjusting thing and leaving behind what they have done before. I already said this multiple times - everytime with new content patch we need to carefully look back, look for quick wins and make the product better with as little effort as possible and only then add new content.

Hope that helps,
      1 - static dungeon is bigger group content
      2 - World boss is group content
      3 - Season points is this alliance mega thing

Somehow I did understand the focus of this update different ..
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

1 - static dungeon is bigger group content2 - World boss is group content
      3 - Season points is this alliance mega thing

Somehow I did understand the focus of this update different ..
      It's not about the focus of the 'new content'. It's about looking back at the old content regardless of it's player-target and improve it. Message here is to do many low effort, quick fixes that wouldn't interfere with current roadmap and overwhelm resources, but still delivering it sooner than later.

To do list only grows biggers with every update as you make something new, shiny, people build expectations and you leave 'old' things untouched. We could also remove old things if they are not subject to refresh and adjust to newer game version. As previously 80% focus was to fix performance, I think now it's the time to review everything and do whatever is possible additionally without missing deadlines of what is already in production.
    • glokz wrote:

If there is rank to faction they should be RP rank some kind of election for premium factionned players (outside the actual rank we already have)if u want a ranking system u will turn this into the BZ top 2-3 factions city are on top and the rest gonna be empty.. (if u hvnt realised yet poeple asking for hardcore content but they gonna end up doing it a softcore content with mega alliances for the end season reward for low effort/risks) if they do something fun, risky & actually rewarding for putting effort.. u dont need that ranking + xtra reward season heresy on a sandbox, thx,, the carrot is the fun rp content here..

If u want seaons point and the carrot; join a big alliance with the, outside terri trading, dead/empty softocore content BZ offering them :P
      Only if the BZ wouldnt be dominate by a few and the zergy zerg would be busy fighting each others, instead of being happy, in a softcore mode, with all the big territory they already own.. they do not need to go in the backward of another big alliance their backward is already big enough.. the goal of the faction system is not offering another content to ZvZ player but offering teamplay content with RP mecanics like faction system to small scale and hardcore PvPer's.. for the ZvZ they got the BZ u dont need to give carrot to incencitive these no balls to steam roll faction content, thx!

The post was edited 6 times, last by KroDuK ().