Nature Staffs Rampant vs Fallen and the current only viable nature Staff [Druidic ]

• Nature Staffs Rampant vs Fallen and the current only viable nature Staff [Druidic ]

As someone who really loves the style of the nature staffs , I'm very disappointed in the way the devs decided to completely gut the nature staffs. The entire theme behind the nature staff is that it excels over holy in AOE healing and mobility .Only one of these things is true, and that mobility , but mobility is worthless as healer if you cant heal enough to save your teammates lives.

On to the aoe discussion , Rampant after the changes , if you played back then you know what im talking about. The nerfs to rampant and the subsequent nerfs made it practically useless , even for zvz.I would argue it is more efficient to have only fallens in your zvz force as they do a way better job at aoe healing a group of people. Rampant is not viable , I tested this at various ip levels , I even had a fresh off the boat newbie heal a zvz with fallen and he was twice as effective at healing a large amount of people simply by pressing e. far better than the rampant was even capable of doing. I gave him a 4.1 fallen staff.Not to mention the circle aoe vs the carpet aoe is a no brainer, it is far easier to group on a circle than it is to cramp into rectangle that spans a mile, that you also have to sit in and wait for more people to sit in just to get healed its silly, and not practical.

Then I decided to test refreshing breeze , I could easily get 3 stacks on 10 people , but even at high ip it did not matter, the heal was terrible, I had to switch to my fallen staff because I felt so embarrassed with people walking past me at low hp needing heals with 3 stacks floating around them and their health is barely budging.Its a cool looking skill and that's about it functionally its not viable and incompatible with the nature line. As it does not allow you to stack more hots it simply applies hots as your q would effectively making you lose 80 percent of your effective healing.

The one handed nature staff is a troll healing weapon , I will leave it at that, your juggling way to much just to heal , and your almost forced to take refreshing breeze.Its not viable, you can make it work yes, but in no way is it viable.

Great nature staff was gutted into usability , thanks to solo abuse, so we can skip this weapon, don't even think about healing a group with this unless your powers of prediction of sustained d damage is godly.

Wild staff - this staff is actually kinda good, but a skill cap is there believe it or not, I see a lot of wild staff users getting flamed in pve groups and running to go play devine , because no one wants ur shitty circle heal, this is because most don't use the correct W or helmet I will elaborate later. PS. its not refreshing breeze.

Blight staff - super troll weapon with a built in slow ??????? why I cant even count the amount of times I had to lean into my screen just to see if it actually moved my allies health bar, but alas perhaps this may be suffering from the same thing wildstaff is suffering from, and that's incorrect build usage , further experimentation will be required with the correct w.

Druidic Staff - The only viable nature staff , this is what every nature player should be playing right now , I would even make the argument that you should be also using this over rampant in zvz as a quick application healer that can heal multiple targets , not at the same time but many in quick intervals using protection of nature and the single target Q alongside a cooldown focused build. I tested this in a zvz , I swapped from rampant to druidic and the difference was staggering. In fact it excelled over fallen in its own niche kinda way where I could keep priority targets alive and even quickly heal holy players , so they could focus on the fight without having to stand still and heal themselves. This is also where your mobility comes into play because you can get close to the frontline and weave through the fight healing very quickly without stopping.

Protection of Nature - This is by far the best healing spell in the game in my opinion, the combos with this are endless, and should be played with every nature staff regardless if the staff is troll or not, u might discover something.New players working there way up to this skill should of course be using revitalize, even in zvz, don't ever use refreshing breeze EVER.
    • moking wrote:

Wild staff - this staff is actually kinda good, but a skill cap is there believe it or not, I see a lot of wild staff users getting flamed in pve groups and running to go play devine , because no one wants ur shitty circle heal, this is because most don't use the correct W or helmet I will elaborate later. PS. its not refreshing breeze.

Protection of Nature - This is by far the best healing spell in the game in my opinion, the combos with this are endless, and should be played with every nature staff regardless if the staff is troll or not, u might discover something.New players working there way up to this skill should of course be using revitalize, even in zvz, don't ever use refreshing breeze EVER.

I agree with this. Wildstaff is mathematically and practically the best nature staff one could use, period. It's hard to use, requires good awareness of cooldowns, but it's the best nature staff one can play in a group setting such as small scale pvp.

But only, if people use protection of nature. That ability just so strong, breeze is heavily overrated and should only see play in ZvZ.

Nature is supposed to pre hot anyways, main issue Nature has is to actually make sure 1 target doesn't just blow up. Reason why i don't like 1handed nature, as you blow 2 CDs just to heal ppl up. it's a troll weapon imo.

To add something to Nature's issues,to be clear, the basekit is perfectly fine. Imo.

Just as you said yourself, some Staffs just need some number tweakings/mechanic changes such as Rampart having too big of a cd, lower cd but implement a target cap to where the heal doesn't increase in strength anymore. Like max 10.

Blights slow is just whatever, resistance shred or increase would go a long way insteaf of the slow.

yada yada, i think nature is fine atm. Except for some outliers, which need some changes like Blight, Rampart and potentially 1h nature

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ravname ().

• what if 1h nature was changed?
      E becomes sth like "embrace the shadows"^^, a toggled skill which changes ur Q and W. turning the healing staff in a dmg weapon. maybe even with 2 iterations depending on the Q used (thorns or healing Q) like current 1h nature E already has.
      On E activation all current Q and W stacks and channels are removed/canceled.
      healing Q = dot
      channeled W could become a better version of curse w channel (dmg and manadrain)
      etc.

numbers would need to be adjusted of course, activating the toggle could give u empowered effects on the first couple spells used/dmg ticks.
      simple attempt would be to just reverse the spell effects like in the examples above.
      more work intensive = new spells of course. the E could even get a counter for successful spell casts or some other indicators of "good gameplay", filling a bar which, once full, allows 2nd activation of E for some powerful effect, ending the toggle (similar to swain ult in league).

and yes, "embrace the shadows" would be a holy spell, this would need a name like "dark nature" :D.