NDA Dagger Changes

    • people are so stupid
      you guys need to realise that not every weapon is made for pvp

      i mean as a dagger you realy should not be able to zvz 1v1 2v2 5v5 gather / escape if a weapon was good in all of it .... It be op, nerving that stupid amount of mobility is what this game realy needed

      bloodletter and 1h spear had way to much mobility ib there kit which made other weapon conpletely useless in chaising them down
      this nerf was much needed thank you
      fck those rats
    • Theat wrote:

      Agreed, I knew the dash and bloodletter 'nerf' were going to be disastrous.

      I don't know why SBI wants to destroy the dagger-line.

      Stupid moves.


      Revert Dash back to 11m, or MORE.
      Really? I think the Bloodletter is exceptionally strong now in group fights because of the New Q giving you potentially an instant 18% damage boost and then Fan of Knives giving you another 45% with a massive movement speed boost. Even the new Dash giving you 15% damage is a nice change that gave Dagger Pair/Black Hands some much needed damage boosts and helped make Daggers less effective because of such little damage options. Most of the changes I've experienced are incredibly positive, but I haven't tried to BZ gather since probably the F2P launch. Dual Swords should be pretty good for an escape weapon though, instant dash, plus a speedboost/damage resistance buff, and the ability to tag mobs for another movement speed boost.
    • I really like the last changes in daggers. Rework 1h dagger, now its really strong and fun, but still easy to counter / kite weapon. New 15% dmg boost is really great for dagger pair, bl is still very strong, with the new Q great farmi in PvE. Deathgivers in group battles, using the new Q rolls E every few seconds. Plus, faster passive overlap thanks to the change in attack speed.

      BTW daggers, like spears and swords, should never be the fastest weapon in the game. If a weapon with high kill potential due to high damage is the most mobile, there will always be a problem of balance. I count on a little nerf carving sword to join 1h spear and BL. Weapons with low damage should be the fastest. Quarterstaff, mace, hammers - gatherers will still be able to escape with their help and do not need a lot of damage when collecting, and gankers operating in several will have to cooperate, one will be fast with a large cc, another will inflict high damage when a colleague stops the victim. Not like now everyone with the same set doing both dmg and catching up.
    • Niefart wrote:

      I really like the last changes in daggers. Rework 1h dagger, now its really strong and fun, but still easy to counter / kite weapon. New 15% dmg boost is really great for dagger pair, bl is still very strong, with the new Q great farmi in PvE. Deathgivers in group battles, using the new Q rolls E every few seconds. Plus, faster passive overlap thanks to the change in attack speed.

      BTW daggers, like spears and swords, should never be the fastest weapon in the game. If a weapon with high kill potential due to high damage is the most mobile, there will always be a problem of balance. I count on a little nerf carving sword to join 1h spear and BL. Weapons with low damage should be the fastest. Quarterstaff, mace, hammers - gatherers will still be able to escape with their help and do not need a lot of damage when collecting, and gankers operating in several will have to cooperate, one will be fast with a large cc, another will inflict high damage when a colleague stops the victim. Not like now everyone with the same set doing both dmg and catching up.
      Jup, you definitely play and understand the game ★bow head★
    • Super mobility being usable without a target has been a problem in this game and has always been a broken balance issue forever. It encourages behavior and builds that always have a "get out of jail free card". As a dagger, spear, or swords if you are losing a fight you should not always have the option to reset the fight by popping mobility.to just bail. Melee classes need gap closing type of mobility to assist against casters it should not just be for random use to run away. For this reason all these weapons should be reworked to need targets of some sort for use or like sword you gain temporary speeds buffs for attacking. The only "strong" freely usable "no targets needed" mobility in the game should remain on the boot slot. With this theme though demon boots always should also be reevaluated as once again they have super mobility above and beyond which activates if you are low. This allows players similar tot he builds above to lose fights badly and simply have the option to boots out safely. The ability to easily just kite away from everything was out of control for awhile there and SBI has made a few steps int he right directory with the dagger/spear changes.
    • Niefart wrote:

      BTW daggers, like spears and swords, should never be the fastest weapon in the game. If a weapon with high kill potential due to high damage is the most mobile, there will always be a problem of balance. I count on a little nerf carving sword to join 1h spear and BL. Weapons with low damage should be the fastest.
      Disagree completely. You're basically just trying to kill off Melee with that statement. I don't know of a single Melee weapon in the game besides 1H Dagger that can compete with any ranged option in terms of damage, and 1H Dagger is infinitely easier to counter than Bow despite being similar types of weapons. Carving Sword isn't remotely OP, it's damage is actually really pathetic compared to other Swords; but because it's one of the few weapons that can kite out of damage range it's seen some use and the fact it's E does full damage without stacks means it can't be purge nuked like every other sword in the game, so it counters popular setups like Mage Robe. In a proper 1v1 it will almost always lose because of it's terrible damage, especially against things like the Broadsword which can keep up with it; but it's stronger in 1vX fights in the wild because it can get damage done in bursts and then kite around the enemy and against 2/3 opponents it's effectiveness actually gets bolstered especially against burst setups it can counter with Parry. I really wish people would stop trying to nerf absolutely everything that stands a chance against the overall OP weapons in the game, as that should be the entire point to using them. Without things like Carving Sword, almost every single fight in the game would just be Ranged vs Ranged because there's no way a Melee would ever survive long enough to deal damage. If you don't think Ranged is broken, try using a 1H Dagger for an arena or two and you'll quickly understand the problem with Ranged vs Melee in this game.

      Right now most of the ranged options in the game can stand still wearing cloth armor and absolutely destroy most Melee options in the game just in terms of sheer damage, let alone effectively kiting them. Melee still almost always has to be relegated to a support-damage role in group fights, as you can soak up more damage and still a bit of damage with some sort of auxiliary effect like bleed stacks that reduce healing, armor/resist shredding, or purges/CC. Ranged is still king in Albion in all forms of content.
    • Theat wrote:

      Every other melee weapon is better than dagger line, what the hell are you talking about?

      Acoustic wrote:

      I don't know of a single Melee weapon in the game besides 1H Dagger that can compete with any ranged option in terms of damage
      1H Dagger is the highest damage in melee as far as I know, capable of something upwards of 6000 damage in 6 seconds. That might actually be the highest DPS in the game.
    • Dear Devs this is a messagge for you, this a objective analysis of dagger and swords that should make you think you are missunderstanding something:
      Daggers should be a group of weapon based on mobility and for ambushing people, the rogue, the assassin, the thief wepons...the swords should be the paladin, the warrior, the shiny armor hero wepons but...is this really true...actually I am very sad to say is not, and I will show you now why with facts: let s compare daggers and swords:

      Q skill: daggers no speed up, swords have +12% speed, so swords has more mobility
      W skill: daggers has now a ridicolous 8m dash, swords has a 6s run of +20% speed that actually gives you a heroic charge so is 32% so also here swords has more mobility (and dont tell me about shadow edge because is ridicolous with al the lag albion has you miss and you are stuck because you lose also the baby frog jump of 8m)
      E skill: dagger pair no dash also a ridicolous casting on the E, dagger are knives not magic staffs guys come on...blood letter 13m dash, death giver 7m, now also compared to the most weak of the swords also the broad sword has a jump of 10m. double swords 13m and dont need a target, carving sword 11m and do also 400 damage....look at this really?
      passive skills: dagger all useless and too general only deep cuts has a mimimum utility but here we go swords has also the speed bonus on the passive that dagger should have: heroic fighting that gives you another heroic charge that gives you 12% speed bonus so...swords win.

      Do you understand how is "stupid" all this?

      And you keep nerfing daggers...from who are you taking advices? From the golden boys of the round table who have premium paid with silvers for 700 years? You should listen to people who really play dagger a lot also more than 15 hours per day.

      The post was edited 5 times, last by hypnoticshadow ().

    • Styrwirld wrote:

      kheeta wrote:

      Like dagger user I’ve better have half of that dmg but with old Dash range
      As a Main dagger user (I am Binara ign) I prefer the dash to TAKE damage from me, like -15% damage, and let me dash 13mts. Dash was a tool for disengage more than a chase one.
      I was talking about 1h dagger E damage and Dash
      I mean I would probably trade the half of that E dmg for old Dash range and cd because you’re 101% right - Dash gives you disengage that’s the main point
      PS: or make all 3 shurikens may hit 1 target
      That would rly fix the dagger mobility problems while not touching OW ganking mechanics because skill is targeted and close range to hit all 3 in one enemy

      The post was edited 1 time, last by kheeta ().

    • kheeta wrote:

      Styrwirld wrote:

      kheeta wrote:

      Like dagger user I’ve better have half of that dmg but with old Dash range
      As a Main dagger user (I am Binara ign) I prefer the dash to TAKE damage from me, like -15% damage, and let me dash 13mts. Dash was a tool for disengage more than a chase one.
      I was talking about 1h dagger E damage and DashI mean I would probably trade the half of that E dmg for old Dash range and cd because you’re 101% right - Dash gives you disengage that’s the main point
      PS: or make all 3 shurikens may hit 1 target
      That would rly fix the dagger mobility problems while not touching OW ganking mechanics because skill is targeted and close range to hit all 3 in one enemy
      Dagger mobility what? Problem? Then other weapon mobility is what? If weapon with one of the best mobility in game has a problem with mobility?

      That daggers shoud have chase potential, but not retreat.
    • iRawr wrote:

      kheeta wrote:

      Styrwirld wrote:

      kheeta wrote:

      Like dagger user I’ve better have half of that dmg but with old Dash range
      As a Main dagger user (I am Binara ign) I prefer the dash to TAKE damage from me, like -15% damage, and let me dash 13mts. Dash was a tool for disengage more than a chase one.
      I was talking about 1h dagger E damage and DashI mean I would probably trade the half of that E dmg for old Dash range and cd because you’re 101% right - Dash gives you disengage that’s the main pointPS: or make all 3 shurikens may hit 1 target
      That would rly fix the dagger mobility problems while not touching OW ganking mechanics because skill is targeted and close range to hit all 3 in one enemy
      Dagger mobility what? Problem? Then other weapon mobility is what? If weapon with one of the best mobility in game has a problem with mobility?
      That daggers shoud have chase potential, but not retreat.
      chase but not retreat?
      Do you realize wut you saying?
      Bruisers should have chase potential
      Assassin/rogues in all games in all times have hit-n-run/vanish potential
      Assassin play style is all about “dive - fast kill -retreat”
      That’s because this type of gameplay means high burst dmg with low tankiness but also high mobility
    • kheeta wrote:

      iRawr wrote:

      kheeta wrote:

      Styrwirld wrote:

      kheeta wrote:

      Like dagger user I’ve better have half of that dmg but with old Dash range
      As a Main dagger user (I am Binara ign) I prefer the dash to TAKE damage from me, like -15% damage, and let me dash 13mts. Dash was a tool for disengage more than a chase one.
      I was talking about 1h dagger E damage and DashI mean I would probably trade the half of that E dmg for old Dash range and cd because you’re 101% right - Dash gives you disengage that’s the main pointPS: or make all 3 shurikens may hit 1 targetThat would rly fix the dagger mobility problems while not touching OW ganking mechanics because skill is targeted and close range to hit all 3 in one enemy
      Dagger mobility what? Problem? Then other weapon mobility is what? If weapon with one of the best mobility in game has a problem with mobility?That daggers shoud have chase potential, but not retreat.
      chase but not retreat?Do you realize wut you saying?
      Bruisers should have chase potential
      Assassin/rogues in all games in all times have hit-n-run/vanish potential
      Assassin play style is all about “dive - fast kill -retreat”
      That’s because this type of gameplay means high burst dmg with low tankiness but also high mobility
      Well, then you should know, the daggers here is bruisers:
      + leather armor is tanki (even mage/chultist is tanki here, but not plate armorXD),
      + Hight lifesteal or full HP lifesteal with 1h.
      + Best mobility in game.
      + CC
      + Can one shot only with Dagger pairs, other weapons is bruiser stile.

      Who the hell told you that daggers is assasins from other games? If so, why they got all bruisers things? Or just coth they got invis for 3 sec on one weapon they become assasins?

      Now you r the bruisers, who ask DEV to give bruisers with best mobility in game - more mobility...
    • I fully agree that carving is highest mobility

      And

      I fully agree that a carving on top has insane damage

      And

      I agree that carving is broken. But I stopped care about balance. I try from time and time to give some advice, but it is pointless.

      Dagger should not have the mobility but the Utility.

      The best dagger weapon for utility is deathgivers. A dagger has such a short range, that u should be able play stealth and seek. But as soon as a dagger commits to the fight he should not be able to leave the fight.

      Super high damage and super high mobility to disengage on the same weapon is bullshit balance (c) @Niefart