[11. March 2020] Queen Patch 7

• Doowie wrote:

But as I've mentioned in a few others posts similar to this, that you can never please everyone.

Seems more like your general excuse not to take any criticism serious.

There is no reward without the risk!
      That's just wrong because there is plenty reward without risk in this game, it just maybe has become a mantra not to be questioned. Moreover if there is too much risk for the reward it doesn't seem right.
    • neptunium wrote:

Doowie wrote:

But as I've mentioned in a few others posts similar to this, that you can never please everyone.
      Seems more like your general excuse not to take any criticism serious.

There is no reward without the risk!
      That's just wrong because there is plenty reward without risk in this game, it just maybe has become a mantra not to be questioned. Moreover if there is too much risk for the reward it doesn't seem right.
      I can take criticism @neptunium. The thing is I know what I'm talking about as I worked in the gaming industry for the last 15 years for a major video game developer and I've seen every kind of situation & player that you can imagine. People will complain no matter what you do. You can give them free items/currency/levels etc and someone will complain because he/she/they, had to work hard to get what they have and now every other player "welfare gamers" as they were referred too, now have things without the effort/dedication. If you remove or change something, again those players with less time on their hands will complain that they can not compete with those players who have that time and dedication to be the best that they can be!

Hense why I've said, you can never please everyone when it comes to gaming. The same goes for music, movies, food and everything else out there in the world that can be consumed/purchased.

Risk vs Reward has always been the main point when it comes to any form of PvP where loot can be taken from players. This is something I learnt when I played Ultima Online for the very first time back in the late 90s. People are playing Albion Online because it's fully open and you can do what you want, be it gathering, crafting, PvE, PvP or everything. If people do not want to take a risk, then they stick to those safe areas, where they know their resources are very limited. They will hit a wall with progression and if they wish to continue, they need to move forward and thus the risk factor will come into play. If this is not something that they're interested in doing and they become bored of the game, it then turns into complaints of not having enough content or that x player ganked me and take all my gear.

If the risk wasn't there, then Albion Online would just turn into another clone of World of Warcraft. Can you image World of Warcraft with the same PvP rules as Albion Online? You would have the exact same scenario that is happening on the forums.

Lastly the large majority of players never visit the forums as they're having a great time ingame. It's just those few who are very vocal and wish to again complain about everything under the sun and then there is the rest of us, who wish to be an active part of the Albion Online community by taking part in discussions, helping people or just trying to point out the facts for people who want to listen. Unfortunately some do not want to listen to reason or the truth and will continue to live in their bubble of they're right and the developers are wrong.
      Forum Rules
      Contact customer support via: support@albiononline.com

The post was edited 1 time, last by Doowie ().

• Captainrussia wrote:

Try gathering? Or trading? Nowhere does it say that "dungeon running will be enough to get you to wear t8 gear freely and lose it freely". If you work at McDonald's and can't pay your rent - do you get a second job, or a better job? Or do you complain that you are not making enough and therefore all the people who "paid" for their college education are P2W?
      again, expectation is not T8. The point i am raising this nerf as a p2w is because they are closing off one avenue for self suffiency. Would you prefer to have opportunity to work at mcdonalds, burger king, pizza joint or just mcdonalds? My point is they are closing off an opportunity to subtly force the players to buy gold.

I am creating awareness that the devs are unethical in doing so because they are preying addiction. Read up on the research on mmorpg and addiction. It is a real problem. The timing of the nerf, the premium price increase, the fixes to higher tier dungeons. All intention laid bare.

If i haven't mentioned it before, when i joined in November the game felt that there was a good balance in terms of what was offered by the premium and playing without premium and all items are available to be bought on the market and silver can be generated at a reasonable rate, there are some disadvantages but it was negated by what a player can do in the open world. I was really impressed. Yes it needs to pay the bills of dev and they need to eat. At least do it in an honest and honorable fashion, announce they are nerfing it instead of ninja nerf, state it openly that this is the direction they want it to be. i will applaud instead of complain if that happens, the disgruntled ones will leave. Without addressing it, they are avoiding angering that players affected by it and hoping it will go away and keep raking in the profits. Preying on the addiction of the players is not good.

I rest my case, perhaps there are people out there who takes sometime to understand the issue instead of blindly defending their beloved game because they've invested so much into and try to make a better place in the world we live in today. Selfish own agendas and underhanded sneaky tactics to earn money should be called out and shamed.
    • H3id3rn wrote:

I am creating awareness that the devs are unethical in doing so because they are preying addiction. Read up on the research on mmorpg and addiction. It is a real problem. The timing of the nerf, the premium price increase, the fixes to higher tier dungeons. All intention laid bare.
      "Preying on addication" haha. Sure there probably is. No worse then pharmaceutical companies price increases for life-saving medicines or other "vitally important" drugs. Just don't get addicted to videogames I guess? Its your own fault for getting addicted (to anything).

H3id3rn wrote:

The point i am raising this nerf as a p2w is because they are closing off one avenue for self suffiency.
      1) They are not closing any avenue - you can still farm enough for your t5-t6 gear (you said t8 is not the expectation)
      2) Even if there is an avenue that is closed - another one opens somewhere. Is a fluid system. You just need to adapt and not stand in 1 spot. 50 years ago getting a college degree was pretty difficult and seen as a feat that was difficult to achieve (like a PhD today). Highschool degree was the norm. Today Bachelor degree is the norm - its like getting high school degree 50 yrs ago - everyone has one. Thats the inflation of "intelligence". The curve will always be moving. You either adapt of due out (or stay behind as the time goes by).

H3id3rn wrote:

Would you prefer to have opportunity to work at mcdonalds, burger king, pizza joint or just mcdonalds? My point is they are closing off an opportunity to subtly force the players to buy gold.
      It sounds to me that you are just lazy or unwilling to send a resume over to Bking or a pizza joint and instead you are trying to blame someone for your laziness or inability, making it look like McDonalds is your only option. And then you fail to realize that you could also work as a delivery driver or a waiter/bartender - i.e there other opportunities to make $$ of which you even don't know - yet you are quick to blame the system (except in Albion terms).

H3id3rn wrote:

If i haven't mentioned it before, when i joined in November the game felt that there was a good balance in terms of what was offered by the premium and playing without premium and all items are available to be bought on the market and silver can be generated at a reasonable rate, there are some disadvantages but it was negated by what a player can do in the open world. I was really impressed.
      All of this still applies.

H3id3rn wrote:

Yes it needs to pay the bills of dev and they need to eat. At least do it in an honest and honorable fashion, announce they are nerfing it instead of ninja nerf, state it openly that this is the direction they want it to be.
      When the company/landlort increases their yearly office lease - they don't explain why, it just happens. Same goes for the company where the DEVs rent their apts/houses. My landlord hikes my rent on a yearly basis - and pretty much everyone's. Do I call them out for "not stating that they are all colluding to take advantage of me"? This is the way the world works. There is inflation (and there is even "shadow inflation" or hidden inflation, a thing much nastier) in the world. Its just how it works. My internet and my cell phone company hikes my bill from time to time as well (not on a yearly basis, thank god, but still). Because someone else hikes their prices or cancels a contract. Its all pretty complicated and pointless for me to write paragraphs to you (or a book) to explain. You either get how it all works - or you don't and you just go and blame everyone, but yourself.

H3id3rn wrote:

I rest my case, perhaps there are people out there who takes sometime to understand the issue instead of blindly defending their beloved game because they've invested so much into and try to make a better place in the world we live in today. Selfish own agendas and underhanded sneaky tactics to earn money should be called out and shamed.
      Perhaps there are people out there who understand (even I fully don't - as its very complicated, but I understand enough) the way real world economy and markets work, what is inflation IRL (and how IRL inflation can affect videogame subscription costs and even inadvertently affect "virtual goods" prices). Perhaps there are intelligent and educated people out there, who actually research the subject and ask inquisitive questions - instead of blindly accusing someone (like the DEVs?) of something they don't fully understand and don't have the educational background to fully grasp. Uneducated people should definitely be called out and shamed.
    • Oh i love to read threads where people say that Albion is P2W or have P2W elements;)

It looks like you have never played MMO before ,and never seen what is going in other projects.
      ---
      You can progress faster via $ , through the game purchase or "other" things,which is illegally and you might be banned.
      There are a few "but" , in this game.
      1. There is no sence in mastery , if you don't know how to play the game , you will just feed and die in the same ratio as you was doing before. Knowledge of game mehanics and how you press buttons - is very important here.
      2. Progress here take twice or even less time to make your character playable in any PvP/PvE activity if we compare to any MMORPG on market. Soft cap is very low here guys.
      3. Albion's Full loot - balance it in it's unique way. You will not be able to wear always super cool/expensive items and be efficient , you will die anyway , sooner or later. When people will see your "gucci" gear - you will become a target number one. Only a few players on the fuc*ing whole global server can afford to wear such gear and be efficient , with perfect KDA/Profit per hour , and they are mostly playing for several years and know almost everything about this game, same as their skill lvl is very high. But i'll tell you one thing, even they - do not always wear this gucci gear, because it is pointless.
      4. There is no permanent boosts like in other games for + stats , or elements that could be bought only for real money.
      5. Everything could be obtained via in-game currency in very short period of time.
      6. Even black market does not affecting this game in any way, like it does in other mmorpgs
      The most important and hard things in Albion for a new players to obtain - is knowledge , that's the real issue. People just don't know how to achieve there goals correctly.

If we take a look again on other MMO games , even without or low amount of P2W elements - It will not work there at all.

Let's take an example ArcheAge unchained, the softest example with minimum P2W. You can't get there anything valuable from the in-game store. Only visual elements, you can't even buy in-game currency there , or any items that could be traded for gold in future. BUT, there is a black market (like in any other games) , where you can obtain GOLD , and via this gold progress faster and upgrade weapon/armor (which will be always with you). As result you will dominate hardly , and will be able kill most people even not looking on a keyboard. Yes there is a "soft cap" , but it is increasing each month , and to get there you should play the game like it is your second work.

So as you can see even in the game with no P2W in-game system - you can dominate hardly , because of black market.

And if you take a look on Albion - such trick would not work at all , again thanks to this things i mentioned higher.
      ---

So guys there is no P2W in this game. There is P2P (Pay To Progress) - which is nothing in this game , and does not affect gameplay in a negative way at all.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Equart ().