[11. March 2020] Queen Patch 7

• nobody expects to be at the end game in 2 weeks.

Nobody expect yz to have the same loot as rz/bz.

Nobody wants to invalidates the 2 years spent by vets.

The question was why nerf the yz loot when it was fine?

The thing is that the dev is keeping silent on this and it is dishonorable,greedy and dishonest. Just come out and say something it is not their intention for yz to have any sort of viable loot (p2w) thus the nerf and let the newbies make their own decision. Probably it will halve the new players and their potential income and also less players for those that keeps defending the nerfs to kill. Why get the newbies hooked then nerf the loot to oblivion?

Pre queen before the nerf there was a big difference of loot between pvp and pve zones and it was fine. The yz loot was shit back then too, best i got from legendary chest was t7 normal cape and i was so excited and i can still see the end of the tunnel. Now it is nerfed to oblivion and theres no tunnel only p2w.
    • @Doowie reducing the silver earning capabilities of new players after getting them into the game. Nerfing of loot for yz when it was fine for since implementation of srd? I started in november and was really impressed with all the concepts in the game felt it was balanced.

The reason why i am playing the game is for full loot pvp and i abhor any form of p2w. Note any form, if the game designs forces new players to pay money to buy in game currencies to have progress, it is p2w period and this is the sort of game design that does it.

Yz wasnt raining t8s nor t7.x apart from an occassional one and as i already pointed out, it was flat t7 or bags and normal capes. Does it deserve the nerf to it until it only drops runes and occassional t5?

Was it bad for the playerbase if t5 dungeon had near decent loot? In contrast it was good, new players earning decent silver either to buy freemium or gear when they die. More gear on the market, more demand in black market etc.

The only thing that was bad is for the devs, new players earning too much silvers, nobody is buying premium and gold.

There is no reason that i can think up of why it warranted a nerf, can you?
    • I don't think we expect to catch them.. but stop putting in changes that they say help the lowbies, but it actually helps the high end/zergs/mega alliances. Again, they increase loot in t6-t8 zones (imo still broken, did t7 and t8 tonight all we got were runes. not a single item, we did like 6-7 of them), which now are gank fests for veteran players and zergs. So all the loot you do get from sneaking into a dungeon, is taken because you are the content for the end gear people. It did nothing to reduce the power gap(and their should be a gap due time invested, but this drastic, where you cannot be competitive.) All it is going to do is push casual and newer players away from the game.

The second part of the change.. with the portal changes..sound good in theory.. have made it harder even with the multiple exits (only good part of portal changes). During those dungeons we ran (3 of us in t5 gear for most part, t6 weapons for use of high lvl abilities) we got dove by a few t6+ inidividuals.. we ended up barely surviving the fights.. thus getting some items from the players..(maybe 3 or so pvp kills). On way back to portal.. like most of us called... scouts at entrances... got stun locked ganked by 5+ gank squads only there to take the supposedly increased loot from t6 and above.. we didn't even make into the t5 zone, cause why camp that when we get them before they even leave the increased loot areas!! How many t7+ zones are there in each black zone area for main towns? how many t8? you just decreased the areas they have to patrol to kill you and take any so called decent loot. T6's are more abundant but still gank heavy at exits. Now as lowbies.. lose those funds.. have to regear and are now stuck grinding yellows (with no increased loot tables) to earn money to be semi competitive (please don't tell me you can go into black with t4.. sure you can and kill mobs.. but you are fodder for players in t6+ with 100/100 builds let alone 400/400.

This is day 1 experiences and thoughts and opinions... are people taking advantage of the rush to see the increased loot, yes.. will it die down, hoping it does.. but this is their end game content!! For those of us who enjoy the pve aspect as much as the pvp… this update did little to help us in my opinion!! I would say even made it worse.
    • lol ,every time somebody is crying “help me , I went to BZ and poor gankers(e.t.c) killed me , and took away my loot”

here’s the tip:
      When you are going to black zone , you should be ready for loosing all what you’ve got there

but still , as you mentioned , if you see a scout , don’t go there !))))) Thats so simple ...
      Now , every portal has 4 ways to enter , so , what’s the problem , to go to the next entrance ?

you are crying , but still , learn how to play BZ
      Because if you are full of loot , and you see 5-10 gankers , you should be very accurate , to outplay them and save your loot

p.s
      The only crybabies are people who are farming yz, and expecting gold mountains ...that’s funny

Talynblade wrote:

• QBloodyQ wrote:

p.s
      The only crybabies are people who are farming yz, and expecting gold mountains ...that’s funny

Talynblade wrote:

you really didn't read the post or could not understand the content.. either or... all you want to do is defend the gank and the power gap.. I am ok with that.. everyone has a view.. be it pvper/ganker.. be it veteran player with high specs or the brand new player, carebear and some where in between.

• H3id3rn wrote:

@Doowie reducing the silver earning capabilities of new players after getting them into the game. Nerfing of loot for yz when it was fine for since implementation of srd? I started in november and was really impressed with all the concepts in the game felt it was balanced.

The reason why i am playing the game is for full loot pvp and i abhor any form of p2w. Note any form, if the game designs forces new players to pay money to buy in game currencies to have progress, it is p2w period and this is the sort of game design that does it.

Yz wasnt raining t8s nor t7.x apart from an occassional one and as i already pointed out, it was flat t7 or bags and normal capes. Does it deserve the nerf to it until it only drops runes and occassional t5?

Was it bad for the playerbase if t5 dungeon had near decent loot? In contrast it was good, new players earning decent silver either to buy freemium or gear when they die. More gear on the market, more demand in black market etc.

The only thing that was bad is for the devs, new players earning too much silvers, nobody is buying premium and gold.

There is no reason that i can think up of why it warranted a nerf, can you?

Hi @H3id3rn,

The silver earning capabilities were never changed in the sense that you believe they were with just solely it coming from loot within blue & yellow zone dungeons. This was never the main goal for people to earn silver, but to obtain some gear to use towards progressing further within the game! Saying that the purchase of gold to resell for silver is a "Pay 2 Win" aspect is clearly misleading for many people who may just be starting the game and see this post that you made for the first time.

Pay 2 Win in my opinion and I'm sure it's something that others may share, is that you're only able to obtain something solely with the purchase with real currency, which is unable to obtain in the game via normal play. You can still earn silver by venturing into those dungeons in blue & yellow zones, but the main aspect of the game, is that to earn more you have to take that risk and going into those fully pvp enabled zones and put what you've got at risk and the items you may obtain as well. Also don't forget the other main source of silver is gained from the collecting of materials to sell on the Market Place.

No one is being forced to purchase gold or premium access if they do not want too. Any purchases made are people who WANT make the purchase and those who do, shouldn't be stigmatized as Pay 2 Win players. Those purchases made with real money help towards the continued development of the game and it helps to pay salaries and other bills that Sandbox Interactive have to pay on a monthly/bi-monthly or yearly basis.

Was a nerf needed for the blue & yellow zone dungeons ... maybe! Is the nerf as bad as people make it out to be ... not really! You can still earn items, but it will require more runs, thus the RNG aspect is applied to the game. In the continued longevity of the game, you do need to space out the loot that is earned in those dungeons. You would just end up with people getting the top tier loot they can obtain from those dungeons and then once they entering a red zone/black zone they would INSTANTLY complain or quit the game because they lost everything they obtained. People need to verge outside of these zones to get an understanding as to what can happen, gain some experience and understand that there are more options to obtain gear in the game, than just running dungeons in the the safety of blue & yellow zones.

You make the assumption that the sale of gold or premium access was at an all time low and this change was done to get more purchases. Unless you've worked in marketing or within the gaming industry itself, you really need to avoid these kind of generalizations. I can tell you straight away that sales of this kind are never affected by changes made in the game loot system. The only time an increase would appear is if a new skin appeared, which people wanted. But the change of the looting system for those lower tier dungeons, have no affect on income for Sandbox Interactive.

I think the reason for the change can be seen above, but also you need to understand that in the gaming world, there needs to be changes. Sure there are things, which are changed that may go wrong. But as I've mentioned in a few others posts similar to this, that you can never please everyone. Some people may like the changes made to the loot system in dungeons and of course there are those in your situational opinion. The developers have said that a change is being made to combat some problems in this error. However; those who only stick to blue & yellow zones will not like the change as it's not giving them the return to their loot system, which they had previously.

Albion Online is a sandbox MMORPG and people can do what they want within the rules of the game mechanics. But people should not be able to obtain the same level of achievement/reward as those who take that risk and go into the red/black zones for materials, loot and PvP to take the items from other players.

There is no reward without the risk!
      Forum Rules
      Contact customer support via: support@albiononline.com

The post was edited 2 times, last by Doowie ().

• the sad thing is before the game is no like that but since this dev guys change the bz and take off the portal from caerleon everything go to the trash can
      now the way for the new player to grow up is buy the famous premiun and is no like before that you but it and you can got it again with the silver of the game now is so trash the loot and so fock off with the gankers that you need to buy it every month...you can buy gild for use is the islan or something that you really want cause you need to use the gokd for premiun men is so trash
      but its ok ths gankers and the mega allianve and guilds all that player go to expend a lot of money in the game of couser cuase this guys got so many millions ganking people but anyeay go to buy gold and let thia dev guys keep the game on of course
      another thing this guys really lose the market of mobile player causs never realese anyyhing every update fock off more the game for mobile users black screen disconect no layout for mobile users
      i just hope all this gankers got a lot of fun with go to bx and see only 3 guys playing go to be so fun for the gankers no got anybody for gank :)
    • @Doowie

p2w or not is subjective to individual. I agree to disagree on this.

Doowie wrote:

you believe they were with just solely it coming from loot within blue & yellow zone dungeons. This was never the main goal for people to earn silver, but to obtain some gear to use towards progressing further within the game! Saying that the purchase of gold to resell for silver is a "Pay 2 Win" aspect is clearly misleading for many people who may just be starting the game and see this post that you made for the first time.
      No it is not misleading, let the new players decide if this is a cash grab or not. That's correct to obtain gear to progress further. But in the current loot situation, the progress is non existent because of the nerf and if i remember correctly the nerf wasn't communicated until people complained about it then SBI did a quick patch by replacing it with abundant of t4 drops. Any person who has a shred of intelligence can put 2 and 2 together.

Doowie wrote:

but the main aspect of the game, is that to earn more you have to take that risk and going into those fully pvp enabled zones and put what you've got at risk and the items you may obtain as well
      again beating the dead horse for your sake, yes i believe most of the players know that the end game is pvp enabled zones. But in order to get there, they now need to grind through yellow that gives pittances of runes or semi-new players like me when i die i don't have the avenue to generate enough silver to regear.

Doowie wrote:

No one is being forced to purchase gold or premium access if they do not want too. Any purchases made are people who WANT make the purchase and those who do, shouldn't be stigmatized as Pay 2 Win players. Those purchases made with real money help towards the continued development of the game and it helps to pay salaries and other bills that Sandbox Interactive have to pay on a monthly/bi-monthly or yearly basis.
      There are ethics on how to earn the money, by doing a good job and make the game enjoyable. Not doing ninja nerfs to loot to boost gold purchases. I find a lot of mmorpg developers lacking on this aspect, especially when there's a population hike to an all time high in February where they implemented the nerf, the greed is strong. Lost your gear and don't want to spend hours of boring/prolonged grind in yellow dungeons. Buy gold! jump back in to bz where the action is, if you die again don't worry you've done it once so another purchase is fine and next thing we know there's 100s of transaction that the player will live to regret.

Doowie wrote:

Was a nerf needed for the blue & yellow zone dungeons ... maybe! Is the nerf as bad as people make it out to be ... not really! You can still earn items, but it will require more runs, thus the RNG aspect is applied to the game. In the continued longevity of the game, you do need to space out the loot that is earned in those dungeons. You would just end up with people getting the top tier loot they can obtain from those dungeons and then once they entering a red zone/black zone they would INSTANTLY complain or quit the game because they lost everything they obtained. People need to verge outside of these zones to get an understanding as to what can happen, gain some experience and understand that there are more options to obtain gear in the game, than just running dungeons in the the safety of blue & yellow zones.
      again another dead horse, in my previous post i did mentioned that nobody expect top tier loot from blue/yellow. In my opinion the nerf is bad, i think i'll let the prospect players decide whether is bad or not. The longevity of the game would be even shorter when there's no loot for pve dungeon. when there's no loot, there's no fun and excitement, it makes the game boring. Google diablo3 and jay wilson and have a good laugh. It is far too spaced out, i'm sure there are many who can tell their stories.

Even reading about portal ganking makes me not want to touch bz.

In simple economics :-

More loot = more gear on market = cheaper prices for gears = people won't need to worry about how they can regear when they die in pvp = more pvp action = all players benefit from this.

Less loot = less gear on market = higher price = people don't want to lose their gear so they keep grinding yellow zone and got bored = quit = less pvp action OR
      Less loot = less gear on market = higher price = Don't want to spend endless hours to grind to earn silver = buy gold = repeat rinse = reach the limit of financial constraint = quit or social issues. SBI profits but a person's life is ruined. I am sure there are many research done on addiction of online games causing social issues. This move by SBI is exactly capitalising on the player's addiction and this is why i am calling them out. It used to be a hobby or something that we can enjoy while the company makes a decent profit but now the corporations are greedy and trying to maximise their profit at each turn.

Doowie wrote:

You make the assumption that the sale of gold or premium access was at an all time low and this change was done to get more purchases. Unless you've worked in marketing or within the gaming industry itself, you really need to avoid these kind of generalizations. I can tell you straight away that sales of this kind are never affected by changes made in the game loot system. The only time an increase would appear is if a new skin appeared, which people wanted. But the change of the looting system for those lower tier dungeons, have no affect on income for Sandbox Interactive.
      Yes game loot does affect sales when you can buy currencies, when players cannot get loot then they need silver to buy their gear and because the avenues of earning silvers are saturated and monopolised then those that is addicted/weak willed will pay to get the gold and this is what i meant by ethics, by doing this it doesn't affect the mature adults who can make the decision whether to pay up or not but it affects people who may think that to continue with all the invested hours and keeping up with friends that they need to pay to continue and i am not going elaborate more because i think we all know where this is going.

The thing is, i haven't posted in any of the threads before this, even after the ninja nerf and others have raised this up. I got fed up when the intention became apparent when SBI decides only to fix the higher tier dungeons drops instead of all across the board. Why? it is because they have offended their prized playerbase and now they have fixed it but they still want to milk the other half of the player base.
    • its kinda crazy when i start to play 5 months ago i join face groups discord server and so rarelly you see people selling silver outside the game now is everybody who sell it outside the game :v...how can be posible appear some guy with 800m everybody buy the silver cause is more cheap than the game even this guys run out of the silver and 3 days later appear with 500m more wtf how many peole was ganked this is no only for the game this is a foking bunises for this guys...its no for you devs guys is for the players ITS FOR THE GANKERS
      what you think appear this peope posting here and saying" no its ok the game no problem dont take off the pvp from a full-loot-pvp game"
      come on men you guys really need to wake up and its you devs need to wake up cause this go down hill so fast like a foking bullet train
      before the advice for the new players is grind hard now is FARM people come on wtf is that sht
    • It's because they think that with the purchase of gold, you can sell it for silver, buy tomes of insight to mass powerlevel your skills and then purchase high tier items from the Market Place.

Unfortunately this doesn't combat the situation of being able to play and then losing all that gear in red/black zones to a guy/gal wearing flat tier 4.
      Forum Rules
      Contact customer support via: support@albiononline.com
    • Doowie wrote:

It's because they think that with the purchase of gold, you can sell it for silver, buy tomes of insight to mass powerlevel your skills and then purchase high tier items from the Market Place.
      But thats not the definition of P2W that the above poster posted a link to. The game simply isnt pay to win, if anything in the game can be done with or without paying cash for gold/premium.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Midgard wrote:

addidas wrote:

the game is pay2win, there is a standard definition for p2w.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-to-play#Pay-to-win
      How can it be P2W if every single thing in the game is obtainable without paying a single cent of real life money. Youre talking nonsense.
      well I am not sure on this

Generic statement why it is not p2win: you can get everything Ingame and don't need pay for

But why there is something about why it is somehow p2wn ...
      You can use money to get things faster, get 400 in as fast as you can eat tomes or completely overgear content which is commercially in game economy not viable. I see a lot of tryhard in gear, like full Ava and 8.2 weapons and .2 food in 2 hg. If they bring one set + wardrobe that is 3-5 mio each, this is somehow borderline to p2win. Reasonable is to bring 1000 ip, rest is 50% ip capped..
      Now 1000 ip is like 4.1 in full spec .. if they are 8.2 they even capped are 1300 ip. Let's assume non p2w goes 6.1 which is reasonable economically.. so the p2w has 20-25% more of everything + completely unbalanced Ava gear. Literally they pay for their win, though u can do the same without spending money...

That's why I am twisted
    • addidas wrote:

the game is pay2win, there is a standard definition for p2w.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-to-play#Pay-to-win
      By that defiition (and I've said this before) - Albion is really a P2L (pay to lose) game. You can pay $xxxx, walk out the nearest portal to BZ and lose that gear to the nearest ganker in t4 (or a group of such gankers). Paying to "lose it" makes no sense.

H3id3rn wrote:

again beating the dead horse for your sake, yes i believe most of the players know that the end game is pvp enabled zones. But in order to get there, they now need to grind through yellow that gives pittances of runes or semi-new players like me when i die i don't have the avenue to generate enough silver to regear.
      Try gathering? Or trading? Nowhere does it say that "dungeon running will be enough to get you to wear t8 gear freely and lose it freely". If you work at McDonald's and can't pay your rent - do you get a second job, or a better job? Or do you complain that you are not making enough and therefore all the people who "paid" for their college education are P2W?

Tabor wrote:

Sure a player can buy 5k tomes to power level but those tomes are listed by other players who will receive the silver in game benefit they desired. It is not some bonus SBI only has available on some cash shop websites. That is a key difference in my opinion.
      Yup, this too!