Do the players and/or developers think 120 ping is supposed to be playable?

• Do the players and/or developers think 120 ping is supposed to be playable?

I started playing this game 2 months ago more or less with some friends and the game pvp system is fun and was what kept me in the game,nothing too fancy but u can be entertained when u finally get a fair fight even if its u versus a group since gear and skill tree are rlly huge.
      Now the whole idiotic concept of the game "the more the better" doesn't appeal to me since i'm a quality over quantity person so I prefer to do solo or small scale pvp cuz that's where u get the good,more focused around skill fights.
      So I found out about hgs, and when i think this is the only thing that is fun to do in the game,various problems start to occur.
      Now i can't have a fair fight not cuz im 1v2 or 2v2 with worse gear but because my enemies are constantly teleporting due to ping and such or going through windwalls like it's nothing so I can't hit skills or I get hit by skills that shouldn't had hit.
      So that you know I have fiber with 200/100 mbs or 400/100 download and upload respectively can't quite remember which exactly so pretty close to the best available so it's clearly the game's server side fault,and i might also add that i'm from europe and it's strange to me that this game is unplayable even here and that there's only 1 server worldwide localized on the us so i can't even imagine people less privileged in terms of distance to server.

So my question is,should i uninstall so i don't waste my time or is there some work being done that i don't know of to fix this issue like new server/better server?

Thanks in advance for anyone that uses their time to answer this question of mine.

Edit:Ok i've come to the dissapointing conclusion thanks to the feedback given by the people here to me that no one is working on a fix to this major flaw(not gonna talk about others since it's not relevant here) of their game so i'm probably gonna end up unninstalling at some point.
      Thanks everyone that had something relevant and usefull to say.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Zowner ().

• Really 120 ping isn't bad, Though if you don't use a SSD i would think about switching, Don't ask me why but changing from a hard drive to an SSD improved my MS and ping by a lot. I understand that this should not effect your network but for this game it does 100%, Also I have noticed that if you keep your FPS setting in albion @ 200 not V-SYNC or any other option the game runs @ a better MS, So for example if you look at your MS with your game set @ 60FPS in setttings then switch it from 60 to 200 FPS in settings you will see your MS almost double, Now this works for my laptop and desktop so i know it isn't just me. (Laptop also runs on a different network then my desktop so its not the network either)
    • Neef wrote:

Really 120 ping isn't bad, Though if you don't use a SSD i would think about switching, Don't ask me why but changing from a hard drive to an SSD improved my MS and ping by a lot. I understand that this should not effect your network but for this game it does 100%, Also I have noticed that if you keep your FPS setting in albion @ 200 not V-SYNC or any other option the game runs @ a better MS, So for example if you look at your MS with your game set @ 60FPS in setttings then switch it from 60 to 200 FPS in settings you will see your MS almost double, Now this works for my laptop and desktop so i know it isn't just me. (Laptop also runs on a different network then my desktop so its not the network either)
      SSD does work indeed if you just started the game, once assets are loaded there's no real difference. This game engine has apparently no focus on object content streaming at all, which means every time new gear has to get loaded into VRAM it simply halts frame updating until loaded, hence the stutter. The perceived ping improvement when using SSD has no direct effect on your network con quality.
    • Got SSD already m8.And yes a new server in europe would help for example.If people don't think 120 ping is bad then you probably aren't used as I am to competitive games that every bit makes the difference.I normally play every other game with 40-60 ping in europe btw,which isn't perfect but is very acceptable,120 is the double of my maximum and it is a big difference as sometimes a skillshot goes through an enemy,teleports happen,skills which you are out of their AOE hit u,etc.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Zowner ().

• Zowner wrote:

Got SSD already m8.And yes a new server in europe would help for example.If people don't think 120 ping is bad then you probably aren't used as I am to competitive games that every bit makes the difference.I normally play every other game with 40-60 ping in europe btw,which isn't perfect but is very acceptable,120 is the double of my maximum and is a big difference i can notice immediately in the gameplay.
      They can't have one world if they add servers in Europe they would need to split the game pop up and have EU and NA servers and I don't like that idea, Keeping the game where everyone plays together is much better because we don't have the numbers to split the playerbase, Though I live in the US so I do get much better ping, I still don't think the game would last if the playerbase got two servers and had to split. There were some talks about making EU timezones clusters ingame run on EU servers and NA timezone clusters run on US servers but I don't know if this can be done.
    • I mean JUST maybe the game doesn't have enough players cuz no one wants to play with high ping.I only know me and 3 personal friends that started playing this game and from us 4, 2 of us have stopped playing for ping reasons,even tho this is a small statistic we can take from this example that 50% possible players were lost due to being only 1 server in the game.
      What good is a pvp game,that pvp is unplayable because of bugs and lag issues that has nothing to do with the players that just wanna have some fun.
      I get your idea that 1 server means more people online in the game but if the game had another server a whole lot of new players would come in to the game,it doesn't necessarily mean that players from this server would migrate to the other,u get it.
      It's just like the idea of the developers making more content to solo/small groups,it doesn't mean that players who like to zerg will stop playing it just means that more players would come back to the game because they now can have fun too.
      But i'm here just giving my opinion,this game has a few years already and if they did not create european servers by now it's cuz they don't want to,i'm pretty sure the playerbase would be fine.

The timezones won't help with ping tho so irrelevant to the conversation i think man.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zowner ().

• This is my ping and I don't experience any form of people teleporting, unless the server itself is experiencing some issues.

It could be anything from hardware issues or your ISP is going through some routes to reach the game servers, which has a lot of traffic. But your ping is pretty normal.
      Forum Rules
      Contact customer support via: support@albiononline.com

The post was edited 2 times, last by Doowie ().

• Neef wrote:

Zowner wrote:

Got SSD already m8.And yes a new server in europe would help for example.If people don't think 120 ping is bad then you probably aren't used as I am to competitive games that every bit makes the difference.I normally play every other game with 40-60 ping in europe btw,which isn't perfect but is very acceptable,120 is the double of my maximum and is a big difference i can notice immediately in the gameplay.
      They can't have one world if they add servers in Europe they would need to split the game pop up and have EU and NA servers and I don't like that idea, Keeping the game where everyone plays together is much better because we don't have the numbers to split the playerbase, Though I live in the US so I do get much better ping, I still don't think the game would last if the playerbase got two servers and had to split. There were some talks about making EU timezones clusters ingame run on EU servers and NA timezone clusters run on US servers but I don't know if this can be done.
      They do not have to split the game. They could put black territories in differents servers keeping the black as already it is, some black territories in NA servers, others in EU and others in SA. The only change will be the ping for differents peoples.
    • For those quoting their ms numbers getting better with higher fps, do this math test:
      Divide 1 with your fps number (1/fps),
      compare that to your "ms" number and notice that they are the same. The ms you see when typing /fps has nothing to do with your ping, its just the timer between frames, exactly like fps but shown different way.
      Also since light speed is a thing, your personal internet connection has little to do with your ping when playing on servers on other continents.
      You wont generally get under 100 ping. That said, the game has horrible performance for some reason or another.
    • Termak wrote:

For those quoting their ms numbers getting better with higher fps, do this math test:
      Divide 1 with your fps number (1/fps),
      compare that to your "ms" number and notice that they are the same. The ms you see when typing /fps has nothing to do with your ping, its just the timer between frames, exactly like fps but shown different way.
      Also since light speed is a thing, your personal internet connection has little to do with your ping when playing on servers on other continents.
      You wont generally get under 100 ping. That said, the game has horrible performance for some reason or another.
      Different continent does make a difference, same deal with WoW I get 76ms ping because they have server in Europe, same way people living in Washington DC USA get under 100ms ping.