Testserver Patch Notes - Queen Patch 7

• Testserver Patch Notes - Queen Patch 7

Queen Patch 7

This patch includes the second part of the Alliance Limit Test we recently announced. The first part went live with Patch 5 on February 26 and consisted of a Siphoned Energy Drain on alliances with 10 or more territories. The second part, a Silver and Fame Penalty on members of these guilds and alliances, is now in effect - details can be found below.

Additionally, as this patch updates Outlands Portal Zones with new exits, layouts, and collisions, players who are in these zones and the zones that border them will be migrated to the nearest exit when the patch goes live. For more information please see this post: forum.albiononline.com/index.p…ion-Outland-Portal-Zones/

Silver and Fame Penalty
      • All players within an alliance will receive reduced Silver and Fame income if the alliance holds 10 or more territories (excluding Castles and Castle Outposts)
      • This also applies to players in guilds without an alliance, if their guild holds 10 or more territories
      • This penalty applies to all Fame gained from gathering, fishing (and consuming fish), PvE, and Tomes of Insight, and all Silver gained from Silver Bags, mob drops, and downed players
      • This penalty starts at 1% with the 10th territory and increases by 1% per additional territory
      • For further information about these changes and more precise values, please see this post: forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/124568
      Black Market Loot in Randomized Dungeon Chests (Solo, Group and Elite Dungeons)

Since the launch of the Queen update, Tier 7-8 Black Market loot has been de-emphasized in favor of Tier 4-5 loot. Based on community feedback that this led to an unrewarding high-level dungeon experience, we've decided to take a different approach.

We hope the following changes will lead to a more rewarding gameplay experience, though please keep in mind that it might take some time for the Black Market to adjust:
      • Tier 4 Black Market loot has been removed from Tier 7 and 8 chests.
      • Tier 5 Black Market loot has been removed from Tier 8 chests.
      • The Silver previously allocated for Tier 4-5 loot has been mostly moved into Tier 6 loot intended for Tier 7-8 chests.
      • However, to further increase the overall number of items received from chests, we also moved some Silver allocated for Tier 7-8 Black Market loot down to Tier 6.
        • This means you will more frequently receive Tier 6 loot from chests.
        • This also means that the amount of Silver allocated by the Black Market for items that are not Tier 6 is reduced and their prices will increase more slowly than they did previously.
      • The overall value of the chests, defined as the amount of Silver received from the Black Market upon opening a chest, stays the same.
      Outlands Portal Zone Updates
      • Added shrines to the immediate area around Outlands portals
      • Added shrines near each exit of the Portal zones
      • Increased total Portal zone exits - each now has 4 exits
      • These shrines grant invisibility, under the following conditions:
        • Player is invisible for 2 minutes
        • Player is silenced and unable to attack for 2 minutes 30 seconds
        • Using the shrine resets the timer on any protection bubble already in place
        • Leaving the zone immediately cancels the invisibility buff and silence debuff
        • The shrine buff always has a 10-minute cooldown before it can be reactivated, regardless of whether a different invisibility shrines is used
        • These shrines cannot be used by players with "Outlaw" status
      For more about this change and the intentions behind it, please see this post: forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/125487

Silver BagsTaxed
      • Previously, Silver Bags picked up as loot were treated as items, and were not subject to guild taxes. These are now treated like direct Silver drops, meaning they are subject to both guild taxes and the alliance Silver penalty described above.
      Fixes
      • Fixed an issue where an incorrect/misleading ingame message was sent when triggering manual item recovery from a Hideout
      • Stairs added to Level 3 Hideouts between entrance and plaza levels
      • Additional minor graphical, terrain, animation, UI, audio, and localization fixes
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

However, to further increase the overall number of items received from chests, we also moved some Silver allocated for Tier 7-8 Black Market loot down to Tier 6.

This means you will more frequently receive Tier 6 loot from chests.

This also means that the amount of Silver allocated by the Black Market for items that are not Tier 6 is reduced and their prices will increase more slowly than they did previously.
      Could you please detail on this values?
      Afaik silver generated for T8 items in T8 dungeons was already reduced by 1/3rd last patch, which is significant, If you nerf that further it will become extremely rare to find T8 items and we might have a similar situation as today...

Also can you tune down the changes made to T6 dungeons aswell (as we asked previously), they were good before the last update, might have needed a slight change but not a full change as was done in the last loot update.
    • Yeah I am not following their suggested fix to dungeon loot. Also for whatever reason the shit loot problem seems to almost exclusively just be impacting SRDs so I think that is what you need to drill into. Also if the reports were of consistent shit loot in ALL tiers of SRDs I do not see how changing around a few % between the tiers but keeping the overall % the same changes anything to fix the loot situation. Again it comes down to if the BM cannot provide enough loot to make dungeons worth running than simply INCREASE the silver rewards per mob or by bags. The dungeons in general need to be more consistently attractive to run otherwise it is just another piece of dead content. Your OW mobs and mob camp chests are already dead content these things need to be looked at and fixed so people actually play your game outside of occasional mass up and log off again.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Tabor ().

• PrintsKaspian wrote:

1) Silver and Fame Penalty
      • This penalty applies to all Fame gained from gathering, fishing (and consuming fish), PvE, and Tomes of Insight, and all Silver gained from Silver Bags, mob drops, and downed players
      2) Black Market Loot in Randomized Dungeon Chests (Solo, Group and Elite Dungeons)

3) Silver BagsTaxed
      • Previously, Silver Bags picked up as loot were treated as items, and were not subject to guild taxes. These are now treated like direct Silver drops, meaning they are subject to both guild taxes and the alliance Silver penalty described above.

1) Penalizing Tomes of Insight and Silver Bags seems not be fair. In fact you penalize people investing money to the game (buying gold, suporting you SBI) to buy tomes of insight, just for being part of an guild or alliance with 10+ territories? Nice.

2) I don't get what this changes. Do this mean T4-T5 and T7-T8 lower buy orders and worth less? So T6 is the new all for one loot (if enough sold to the black market) and the drop rate of T7-T8 reduced further because buy orders rise slower?
      If true, just remove the whole BM at all and dropt just flat silver and runes, every time the same amount for the same chest (green, blue, etc...) in each tier of dungeon (T5,T6, etc..) so no more or at least less RNG(esus).

3) The worst change in this patch notes, and i guess the change is just because you could not implement it in a (low effort) other way to penalize silver bags with territories control.
      Making it more penalizing and less worth for people running dungeons (as their content) to establish some silver.
      Its bad enough guilds have 50% tax on all pickups, now they get silver of all my bags and i guess this mean the ones from the monthly challange chests and overworld spawning chests too. Or am i wrong? Meaning if guild pretends on high tax i only have the possibility to leave, NICE.
      Let me tell you as someone who is a casual player with premium but not much of time to play but likes to run dungeons, game breaking for my economy.

The post was edited 1 time, last by RandomDude: spelling ().

• Piddle wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Since the launch of the Queen update, Tier 7-8 Black Market loot has been de-emphasized in favor of Tier 4-5 loot.
      This is the big question mark to me. Why was this a thing to begin with?
      If you do 10 T8 dungeon and loot 1 T8 item, its just bad.
      The idea was to have 1 T8 item dropping almost as before, but add a few lower tier items to "fill the blanks".
      In the end you have some smaller loot more frequently and still get the T8 item so it feels better

The change was however too radical and "lower tier items" where too low for the dungeon and dropping too often. The idea is basically to replace this 10 T4 items by a few T6 which are more in par with the T7 T8 dungeons.
    • not sure if this loot change is good or not, I do still believe the Blackmarket access is a problem, It once was located in the best city with the best portal Merica therefor it got the high tier items it needed, I still feel the longer queen has been out the worst the Blackmarket will become with higher tier loot, The location of the blackmarket is a problem and I feel we need another blackmarket location and a good option would be the new Blackzone cities, This would still require transport to get items to theses new locations and it would have much better access to higher tier items being located in the blackzone rest cities.
    • Gugusteh wrote:

Piddle wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Since the launch of the Queen update, Tier 7-8 Black Market loot has been de-emphasized in favor of Tier 4-5 loot.
      This is the big question mark to me. Why was this a thing to begin with?
      If you do 10 T8 dungeon and loot 1 T8 item, its just bad.The idea was to have 1 T8 item dropping almost as before, but add a few lower tier items to "fill the blanks".
      In the end you have some smaller loot more frequently and still get the T8 item so it feels better

The change was however too radical and "lower tier items" where too low for the dungeon and dropping too often. The idea is basically to replace this 10 T4 items by a few T6 which are more in par with the T7 T8 dungeons.
      This makes sense if they are talking about the recent loot change, but this says that changes were made at the launch of Queen to the loot. That was before the T4 got added to the T7+ loot charts.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • Shifting t7 and t8 loot more to t6 will further make these t7 and t8 dungeons feel less rewarding. Look at nearly every foot and head gear at T8, prices have dropped continuously. Now material costs are following suit, making gathering less lucrative too.

Why not add to the value of chests at t7 and t8 overall instead of tinkering with percentages of all the tiers? It's this same tinkering method that got us to this point.
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Can I ask an obvious question? (was already asked above too)

Why can't we just revert the change to how it was pre-Queen?

Loot before Queen was not broken. Why this change all of a sudden?
      there was a lot of feedback regarding how T7 and T8 barely dropped anything.

T6 was the "optimal" place between loot and fame. Yet fame on T7 and T8 is better, the drop rate of BM gear was horrendous.
    • Captainrussia wrote:

They didn’t do anything at Queen to intentionally change dungeon loot. It was only at patch 5 that they changed anything. So I don’t think they know how to revert something they didn’t change.

my theory, which I don’t think I can prove without data pre and post queen, is that the queen additions accidentally nerfed solo/group dungeons. Avalonian dungeons, the buff to castle and castle outpost loot, and the change to the open world treasure chests shifted where the loot went without intentionally nerfing dungeons. So now when a castle shits out a bunch of loot it increases the likelihood that a roll in a solo rd treasure chest comes up empty.
    • Lanzier wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

They didn’t do anything at Queen to intentionally change dungeon loot. It was only at patch 5 that they changed anything. So I don’t think they know how to revert something they didn’t change.
      my theory, which I don’t think I can prove without data pre and post queen, is that the queen additions accidentally nerfed solo/group dungeons. Avalonian dungeons, the buff to castle and castle outpost loot, and the change to the open world treasure chests shifted where the loot went without intentionally nerfing dungeons. So now when a castle shits out a bunch of loot it increases the likelihood that a roll in a solo rd treasure chest comes up empty.
      I'm not saying you are wrong, because I don't know how dungeon chests work at all, but they definitely were changing silver drops in Queen and silver drops are what run the BM, right?

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Tier 7 and 8 Mob Fame Changes
      With increased quantity of and access to high-tier zones, the Silver and PvE kill Fame given by T7-T8 mobs has been reduced. The Avalonian Grail Buff (see above) gives high-level players additional opportunities to earn increased PvE Fame.

ImaDoki wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

there was a lot of feedback regarding how T7 and T8 barely dropped anything.
      T6 was the "optimal" place between loot and fame. Yet fame on T7 and T8 is better, the drop rate of BM gear was horrendous.
      It's starting to get confusing when people talk about loot changes, because there have been a few in recent memory. The cut 10% of the silver going to the BM at some point. Presumably slowing it down. Whatever changes happened with Queen. The changes post queen which have me dumping as much T4 as I can as fast as I can.

Lots of stuff going on in the world of AO.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • They did nerf the fame in T7/T8 dungeons with Queen (also perplexing) which also caused a nerf to the silver. I wonder if this is what also caused the initial feeling of less loot. But regardless back to the point if they just revert dungeons back to how they were set pre Queen that would fix the issue instead of this weird weekly tinkering game.