Anti Portal-Ganking Measures with Patch 7

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Theat wrote:

So you've run out of arguments?

Thought so.... NEXT!
      You still couldn’t answer to any of the dozen of the above arguments.

Therefore, I see no reason to describe new ones.

You are not even able to take part in the discussion, so we simply will not take into account your opinion on this topic.
      But we do not mind if you continue post your ridiculous cries here. Its ok.

You r not alone bro!
      We can show sympathy for you and will not expel you from society. Please don't hurt yourself.
    • I've done every kind of PVP this game has to offer, multiple times.

Black Zone should stay Black, simple as that. Not PINK, like you and the others cry about.

Ganking and PVP should be buffed, not nerfed. Get rid of invisibility at realm gate. Get rid of immunity bubbles (half length at least). Buff ganking and dismounting (half cooldown when dismounting offensively).

All the crybabies, STFU AND STAY IN TOWN. Go play in blue and yellow zones, instead of ruining pvp for the black zone. You BELONG in pink zones, with the rest of the babies.
    • Here's what I want: when you enter black zone, you should expect to fight your way through three different groups of 15+ gankers.

If you can't fight your way through, then GTFO.

If you can't make friends, and learn to fight, then GTFO.

If you can't survive, then DIE.

This is how the black zone should be. BLACK, not pink.
    • @Theat and @iRawr, your discussion is a little too heated and repetitive for some pages already.

Points to be understood, facts.

Black really should stay black, BUT:

Most people don't go to it due to the risk.
      Portals ganking really were heavily based on high reward / next to 0 risk as everyone has to pass through it, so the changes to it were welcome.

But that's it. I've seen more engaging on BZs lately thanks to it and that's nice.
      If your main activity was portal ganking all day you clearly noticed it was too oppressive.
      There are still some topics that should be attended regarding black zones, like 0 ways to store stuff for people without hideouts in deep blackzones, which should be addressed soon, i believe.

There is plenty of space for ganking in the black zones, though.

Let's try to keep the discussion constructive. Everyone that is too abusable should be adressed for the healthy of the game, even in the black zones.
    • The problem here is, of course, what I expected and "I told you so".

SBI gave the whiners and criers an inch, now they want a mile. They're still crying. They're "still being ganked". So they called for more nerfs. This is what I'm up against.

We have to keep arguing, debating, everyday, because the pussies want to expand the pink zone. We need to realize, they're ruining the game, slowly.

The black zone is ALREADY PINK. (invisibility on realm gates)

So we are losing the battle. We need to fight back, now, on the forums, before the whiners push even further with their pink zones. They will keep crying, and crying, and crying, until "Trammel" is introduced to the game.

It's happened before. Let's not let it happen again. IMO, already way too much ground is lost.

It's near impossible for a solo player to dismount any player with average IQ. Ganking has been nerfed several times. It needs a buff.

The whiners belong in blue zone, in town, not to come out to black zone, die, and then think they have the right, the entitlement, to change the entire game... why? Because they're anti-social, have no friends, and don't want to do the real work, which is making friends, learning to fight. That is what they SHOULD DO. But they want to destroy the game, instead.
    • The "solutions" SBI implemented are just beating around the bush instead of dealing with the core issue: that it is both safe and profitable to zerg.

I agree that things such as invisibility, bubbles and so feel out of place in a game like this. Measures of safety, or rather risk, could be done through different means, like placing guards on portals and having "safe" encampments protected by powerful NPCs (where you still can die, but so would your killer, most likely) through the BZ.
      This is how such things are done in other MMOs with FFA PvP, attacking indiscriminately carries a risk and possible penalties, so you need to think twice before engaging.
      In Albion though, playing in a large group, eliminates 99% of risk AND brings profits.

This isn't just about the wilderness ganking though.
      There's also the issue of dungeon diving where a dozen of very well geared/leveled people enter a dungeon meant for 4-6 and mows down a group that's clearing it. Take into account that to even stand a chance against established players, you must farm fame, and amass wealth for quite some time. Those acts of diving and effortlessly slaughtering newcomers, taking the little they have, work against PvP itself. People who engage in that are just curbing possible competition before it can grow fangs.
      The same goes for large alliances attacking hideouts just because they can, later trying to extort "protection" money or destroying them, effectively stopping smaller groups from establishing themselves in the BZ and growing.

The game's very design actively encourages playing in a large group and targeting people who stand no chance. Attaching tangible profit to PvP always ruins it, so does not limiting in any way what large numbers can do.
      It is ironic how the same people who hound and curb the growing competition before those are able to hold their ground, always complain about the lack of PvP and BZ being ghostlands.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Idebenn ().

• ImaDoki wrote:

Most people don't go to it due to the risk.
      Then most poeple are dumb, cuz the risk are on the RZ.. BZ is just about the balance within the bad designs that rewarding bad behavior..

Just look teeth he's a part of the 5% players that belonging there but he's unhappy with the state of the BZ he want more 15vs1 free kills..

I would like to blame him but that's 2 years the design pushing him this way and today he's scared of losing his free kills on his softcore Big alliance Zone..

In fact the best way to help the small scale and solo it's to aim the safety of those big alliance players with good mecanics so the zergion player would fight other zergion players often, at least more than 1 day per month..

Idebenn wrote:

The "solutions" SBI implemented are just beating around the bush instead of dealing with the core issue: that it is both safe and profitable to zerg.
      this... it would fix MANY PROBLEM if they would aim that problem but imagine how that 5% players (that seems to take all the decision) would feel.. look at teeth he's already mad of loosing his free 15vs1 portal free kills.. imagine if they start removing some of his HUGE safety.. when in fact they just giving them more with shit like H/O (this is a shame)

Meanwhile adressing this issue with the famous word: risk vs reward would fix many problemssss but the 5% who seems to take all the decision won't let that happen they pretend to want a more HARDCORE game while playing it softcore... this is madness

u got my vote sir, but unfortunatly we're gonna end up muted or ban before it happens :P
      fix the risk vs reward it's broken all over the board, rewarding bad behavior

The post was edited 5 times, last by KroDuK ().

• They keep trying to do odd changes to fix the N+1 risk adverse design instead of just neutering the reward for this behavior. Once gain if they fix the trash rate to scale with fight ratio which would fit in with the games supposed risk/reward design they could go back and revert a lot of the other weird shit they have tried to implement to help with this. I agree there is way to much gear and easy mechanics available to players which makes ganking solo very difficult but these mechanics were only introduced to fix the zerg ganking problem to begin with. So ironically instead of bringing 6 those zerg gankers now bring 10 so the changes are meaningless. Solo and small scale PvP should have less trash rates being it involves much more risk while adversely group gang banging solos should have virtually no reward because of the 0 risk. It is actually quite common sense. With this change people could still gank with 10 all they wanted which they might but at least they would stop being lucratively rewarded for doing so.
    • Tabor wrote:

They keep trying to do odd changes to fix the N+1 risk adverse design instead of just neutering the reward for this behavior. Once gain if they fix the trash rate to scale with fight ratio which would fit in with the games supposed risk/reward design they could go back and revert a lot of the other weird shit they have tried to implement to help with this. I agree there is way to much gear and easy mechanics available to players which makes ganking solo very difficult but these mechanics were only introduced to fix the zerg ganking problem to begin with. So ironically instead of bringing 6 those zerg gankers now bring 10 so the changes are meaningless. Solo and small scale PvP should have less trash rates being it involves much more risk while adversely group gang banging solos should have virtually no reward because of the 0 risk. It is actually quite common sense. With this change people could still gank with 10 all they wanted which they might but at least they would stop being lucratively rewarded for doing so.
      a lot of people have explained it, we tried it with the bees and flowers, we did draw it, some wrote it as you did..

Remove the incentive with increased trashrate and disable it in contested zones where u timer ticks. .

Reward ganks with 1-3 people...as less assist as more in corpse..

Done..

I think that is the 500 post trying to explain it, the problem is, nobody comes and asks if something is unclear..
    • There's so many factors most of you are ignoring. That's why these "discussions" shouldn't be taken seriously. People bitched and cried to nerf ganking, and they did, and then came back, and started to bitch and cry again. Why? Here's what happened. Did ganking "go away"? Did it really get "nerfed"? No and No. What happened, is what I've been saying from the start, the Mega-alliances further capitalized on their power. Now it is even harder than before, and ever, for small guilds, small alliances, solo players, and small groups to go into BZ. Why is this? Why is game-design and "balance" going backward? Because there's a lot of ignorance floating around.

Since the black zone is nerfed, and turning pink, what did the Mega-alliances do? Now they gate-camp on several different maps surrounding the portal zone. Whereas before, all you had to do was leave the realm-gate zone, and you could freely move about BZ, now you have to effectively go through TWO ZONES, to get out to a "safe" area. And when you return, you need to go through TWO MORE zones. The realm gate, and its adjacent map.

Now it is harder to gank, and harder to escape gankers. You morons attacking me personally, as-if I have even ganked within the last 4 weeks, have failed your arguments. Now only the MEGA alliances can roam around, with more power than ever before. And what do they do? They curb-stomp anybody, any guild, any group, that can't muster 100+ zvz veterans for a CTA. That means, unless you are part of a mega-alliance, you aren't getting shit, and you won't be doing shit, in the black zone.

These mechanics are a lot more extensive and complex than "WAAAH WAAAH I GOT GANKED ON THE REALM GATE" problems. So you crying to change the realm-gate, isn't really going to produce the desired effect, which observed through the thread, is this childish notion of "what's fair" in the black zone. Despite all the game veterans telling, "nothing is fair", you don't listen, and push this *entitlement* attitude, as-if you know more about the game than the developers who made, the developers who balance it, and the Mega-alliances which rule it. And, quite frankly, you don't. You don't know shit.

In order for any type of "fairness" in the Black Zone, you would first need to confront the CONTENT-BARRIER, by which mega-alliances curb-stomp any small guild or alliance who tries to enter, claiming all the zones, all the ganking spots, all the gates, all the fame farms, 5v5s, resources, etc etc etc. for themselves. Can you do anything about it? Can you recruit 100 veteran ZVZ players? NOOOO, you can't. So you should STFU unless you have already tried. Again, you don't know what you're talking about, regarding the wider game balance.

The black zone SHOULD BE, and USED TO BE, the dangerous area. That's why most came to this game, play this game, and stay with this game. The more you destroy this, the worse the integrity of this game becomes, until "Trammel" is introduced, and then the fate of the game is sealed. It's already bad enough with the MEGA-alliance monopolization of power, which is the real underlying problem, that nobody is talking about here, yet is directly connected.

MEGA-alliances should be nerfed, small guilds, groups, and alliances should be BUFFED. However, SBI refuses to do this, because honestly, they don't know how to "fix" it. Because any and all measures they try to implement (such as friendly-fire) are immediately rebuked by the mega-alliances running the game, and SBI balks, and takes it back. Because the MEGAs don't want to give up their power.

Now, you shitters talking about "how I want to gank 10v1" doesn't mean shit, when it comes to territory battles of 100 versus 20, which is the real "problem" of the black zone. There's a BARRIER OF ENTRY OF CONTENT, which unless you are a veteran of the game, and have been playing for 2 years, you don't stand a chance against. And it's a sad state-of-affairs, that noobs, whiners, and badly skilled players, are squabbling over being ganked at the realm gate, opposed to the fact, that you're never getting into the BZ deep, without permission and admission by a mega-alliance.

Currently, it's easiest to "if you can't beat em, join em". And this is a sad state of affairs for all those up-and-coming, those of whose opinions, attitudes, and thoughts I do respect. Those in this thread though, the tears, the whines, I cannot respect. Because, again, you don't know a fucking penny what you're talking about.

Is it "not fair" to push 20 new players to the game into the black zone to fight 100 ZVZ veterans, get smashed everytime, and you are denied entry to BZ? Maybe. Possibly. But crying about it, isn't helping. To fight the mega-alliances, you have to build your own mega-alliance. That's the only way.

So if you want to bitch about being ganked by 10 or 15 gankers. Make 10 or 15 friends, and GO FIGHT THEM. Otherwise, your opinion cannot be respected.
    • @Theat

Nobody asks to nerve ganking

I think u intentionally not understand that.

Ganking will be as easy or complex as before

The only thing everybody and their dog is asking for is "adjust the absurd risk vs reward" with a trash rate reflecting risk vs reward in this gank..

10 bee one flower - no honey for bee, but flower still done

3 bee one flower - some honey for bee, but flower still done

1or2 bee one flower, full honey for the bee, as flower is still done

U still can fly with the 10 bees for your flower, nothing changes, but as more bees, as less honey..

Got it now??

And u argument, make 10 friends and fight them, is completely BS

If u come not with 10 there is already 3-5 needed btw.. they simply quaf from the fountain and go away..

And nobody with brain wants to sit with 5 people ...and watch them check regularly if u gone and they can come back for their 10 on 1 content..

But I think I have understood long ago...

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hollywoodi ().

• Actually, no one here ask for that shitty bubbles and invis.
      Most ppl here don't like it.

But we all talking about the broken risk - reward mechanics of group ganking. And need of fix it. Add more risk to it, or remove the overprofitable reward.

But some guys, who clearly understand what we are talking about, who just dont wanna lose this mega profit with no risk, keep blame us in "make BZ - pink and etc".

Danger if black zone isn't a problem we talking about, we like risk and like fights in Black zones.
      Its adrenaline and fun for alot of us.

But we dont see the fun in 10 vs 1. Doesn't matter what side we are, 10 vs 1 is no fun, so profit from it should be removed, and risk should be added.

Its just stupid when 10 vs 1 gankers who block the map exit, who killed someone five seconds ago, can jump to the portal and get bubble right after that, to avoid real fight 10 vs 10. There is no risk for them, no risk in BZ, it is pink for them, do we just want Black Zone - turn black for all, with no abuses like that.

This 10 gankers is content for PvP group, and this content was here, they got numbers and PvP gear, they can give other players good PvP content.
      But they are protected by BZ rules, and outlaw useless mechanic, so they just run and didn't give a fight for PvP players, but they give fight to PvE players where they got 0 risk.

The post was edited 4 times, last by iRawr ().

• Every time there is a 3 to 1 situation or more, 33% of the assassins' items must be lost automatically and with priority to the bag, and of the victim items, none should be destroyed, thus the profit will be more balanced the risk vs reward.

Since the idea is to say silly ideas about gank, I decided to give one for the discussion.
      Damn look at all this wasted food, now they'll be fed.... sorry!