Anti Portal-Ganking Measures with Patch 7

• Ganking is fun content but the proper incentives control cancerous gameplay styles.

Gank groups at every BZ portal with stationed scouts at the entry areas and portal was cancer.

The main flaw is that you have to run through designated funnel areas to get to the next map. It's too easy for Yankees to sit lazily at exits.

Solo gathering in outlands is way too heavily punished. There isn't enough safety to avoid gank groups that roam in 10 man squads.

Fame farming is garbage ROI for my time. You get dove at a high rate and if you're stuck on any type of mob, your team will lose everything 100% of the time due to cooldowns, bad team positioning, and overly tuned mobs hammering you. All of the advantages favor pk and punish ff/pve or gathering.

They should remove dungeon diving being allowed altogether. Its garbage and not skilled game play of fun as the odds are so horrible. It's like a 7 year old trying to defend themself vs an armed robber.

The ff group needs to be able to hit an emergency button that disengages all mobs at the very least. The leash range that mobs chase you in ff exacerbates the issue. You cant disengage a boss without running through the invading group.

PK is fun, but everyone needs a fighting chance to defend themselves.

There needs to be ways to progress in the game financially past yellow zones that dont involve sacrificing time and money for skill experience. The rewards are so poor it frankly isnt worth the time to play the game in RZ or BZ unless you are ganking in large squads.

The game punishes solo players who like pve or gathering content. The game needs to be able to provide a healthy environment for all playstyle preferences. Really tired of the constant backwards progress in the game. It consumes too much effort. There are always to make a lot of money dont get me wrong, but too many player types are chased out of the game.

The past few weeks I've logged on to run a pickaxe out to the BZ Hideout 4 maps away from portal. Gank groups squatting portal and exits constantly. I literally will try North and South portal, same in both spots, and then I concede and log off from the game as it effectively is a road block denying me the ability to play the game. IMO there needs to be pvp zones in the bz but not allowed in the entire map or make certain times where the map is fully pvp.

I play in the evenings as an adult. Its challenging to find anyone willing to travel to hideouts at that time. Typically I'm stuck waiting until the weekends to get a caravan, but ok is at peak time then also.

The game most often honestly doesnt feel worth it to invest large amounts of time in currently and this is due to only a few playstyles being largely profitable at high success rates. Large group ganking individuals or small groups.

You're forced into low yield roi activity in blue or yellow zones if you play during peak hours.
    • Open-World PvP is actually at a all time low, no one can play pvp in this game alone these days if its not ZvZ or structured battles then it kinda sucks. Everyone is grouped up and baiting for their friends. Back in the P2P days atleast people had to balls to just fight or go out and brawl. Now it seems its not even worth going out in good gear cause ull probably just fork it over to some shitty gankers in fiend cowls.

Arena is a nightmare and scheduling shit for 5v5 gates and crystal battle is awful. At least back in the day i had warcamps so i could force myself to find 1v1s and 1v2s at relic chest theres way too much of a risk now.

U honestly need to create something occupy everyones time better especially the Zergers and gankers. Not everyone is a professional 40 hour a week GvG master. Thats how gankers are born...solo dungeons are trash its more of a deathtrap i have never gotten a 1v1 from the 20-30 portals ive done... I get more action from honestly hunting streamers than anything else its a goddam shame.

RD Dungeon diving needs to get tuned like Static dungeons its too fuckin easy to dive when the map leads u straight to your vicitims!!! Atleast in the REAL dungeons like Keeper Dungeons, there were choke points and open spaces to setup or disengage...because u could see the enemy come at you from the bridges.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Coonery ().

• What tilts me the most is that you need A LOT of fame to level up your masteries, so you can actually stand a chance at all against those old timer gank squads which not only have their main gear maxed, but some other stuff as well, for swapping. This is further exacerbated by the fact that the higher your masteries are, the more safe and efficient it is to wear high tier/quality gear AND something like T4.1/5.1 as well. While as a new player you're always at a disadvantage because not only you can't afford multiple quality sets, but wearing T4.1/5.1 isn't going to get you anywhere.
      To get that fame you need to run RZ/BZ dungeons and/or participate in ganking yourself, but to do any of that you must be PvP-competitive, and for that you need fame, and it just goes full circle.

Even if you get a FF group, there's a very high chance that a diving group will pop up. So you quickly run out of gear and now need another organized, safe run, else you're just going to keep losing everything until you're stuck on the royal continent with T4 gear and empty pockets.

The alternative is running blue dungeons in YZ for a year straight before you're ready for "PvP".

The post was edited 4 times, last by Idebenn ().

• Albion had regressed into a state of noobie/casual/solo/small alliance and mega-alliances in the BZ. There is no middle-ground. The mega-alliances get the "high end" PVP. But everybody else gets the leftovers, and, they're not good. It's very difficult to 'force' pvp for the bottom 99% of the game. It's very easy to get away from gankers (on the royal continent). Faction flagging is marred and made useless by red-flag immunes in the yellow zones who ride in on battle mounts to k/o and have their friends execute. The solo random dungeon 'diving' ... nobody wants it, to be forced to endure or do it.

SBI has neglected the bottom 99% for months. And now it's catching up quickly. Unless you are in a mega-alliance, you are scraping the bottom of the barrel pvp, and it's not very fun.
    • Well, not true

I am solo player, to be fair, veteran, unlimited gold almost everything 400.

I play 50% of time allone, 50% we duo.

Facts: k/d of better than 20. Each day getting 20+ kills, so healthy for me. Each week getting around 100 mio silver, which I put into the next 400 spec. Premium on 2 chars for next 800 days. Gold in hundred thousands .

And I never invested anything except the initial b2p, I make money only from PvP ...

But, even that looks on statistics good, I am annoyed about the risk reward of n+1. Zero risk, mega have in gank or rent empire, everything on silver plate, low fix rate on bugs etc. at the moment and really not the right approach to fix things, though I admit they try..
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

Well, not true

I am solo player, to be fair, veteran, unlimited gold almost everything 400.

I play 50% of time allone, 50% we duo.

Facts: k/d of better than 20. Each day getting 20+ kills, so healthy for me. Each week getting around 100 mio silver, which I put into the next 400 spec. Premium on 2 chars for next 800 days. Gold in hundred thousands .

And I never invested anything except the initial b2p, I make money only from PvP ...

But, even that looks on statistics good, I am annoyed about the risk reward of n+1. Zero risk, mega have in gank or rent empire, everything on silver plate, low fix rate on bugs etc. at the moment and really not the right approach to fix things, though I admit they try..
      So you 2v2 hellgate and solo dungeon 24 hours a day.

Sure it's fun ...for a little while. But basing your only content in this game, on that, is not fun. Fun means access to lots of content. And SBI doesn't care about the bottom 99%.
    • Theat wrote:

Sure it's fun ...for a little while. But basing your only content in this game, on that, is not fun. Fun means access to lots of content. And SBI doesn't care about the bottom 99%.
      "Fun" is a subjective perspective defined by the person itself. If somebody think it fun to gather h24 and nothing else he's not wrong in that sense.
    • Problem is not in people who want pvp or who doens't want. Because I have played Ultima Online and it's most violent full loot PVP game ever maded. But at the same time both sides was happy because players has many ways to get in open world.

Because there problem is in restrictions. We have there 3 f*****g portals (only 3 f*****k options to get in BZ and back). What we want from it? Of course if you want to go in BZ through way which everyone knows then there all the time will sit gankers. And there gatherers are in huge disadventage. Because if you are gatherer you like an idiot have to hope for the best that you not gonna be ganked by 10 people and use one of this 3 ways where f*****k everyone knows that you will go there sooner or later. And bubbles, 4 portals or invisibility will not help there because gankers gonna sit where bubble or invisibility ends. Its all the time predictable where you will go.
    • Owlsane wrote:

Theat wrote:

"Fun" is a subjective perspective defined by the person itself. If somebody think it fun to gather h24 and nothing else he's not wrong in that sense.
      look that is an iteration. In the beginning i had zero knowledge and skill to survive skill based pvp. This is the noob phase for me, there you go gank and ZvZ as it is the only thing you can do.

Later you get good at this, but feel bored with being not relevant..in a gank you are not relevant, if someone catches the prey and 10 people beat on it, it does not matter how good you hit your skill shot of your ..fire..it would die anyway..

From this point some go shotcaller, i went down this road, but it is boring and annoying, either shotcaller get bored, elitist or toxic. My favorite as one example of shotcaller is Derrick and Dydraxia, another completly different example was Tawaria. They all shotcalled, but experience playing with them was completly different.

After shotcalling you feel empty..

And then i took a break, came back

And GvGed, which is actually fun, but the content is not always awaylable, and i hate to always get 4 more people, that cannot align on build...and are varring, some work some don't some are good some are crap

Later i went 5 on 5 hg, but again, pain in the ass get 5 people..

So i ended up solo or with one partner, as this content is always awaylable, and there your skill matters most...

And itell you, i had fun in all stages, but if you have the skill at the end of the day, most people decide to matter...if you don't have the skill you hide behind big groups...
    • So a few things in this game seem a little broken from my perspective as a new playing coming in about three weeks ago.

Firstly, while your PvP arena was likely set up to work well at launch with nothing more than a "700 item level cap" the problem you have now is, new players are suggested to try arena as a "risk free introduction to PvP" they join in, come across a fully geared group in T7-8 and get wrecked. This leaves them asking is this game worth playing anymore if you have little hope of progress without top tier gear, because I was of the impression this was designed more for lower tier and newer players. You have this same issue with your "Lesser Hellgates" filled with top tier players there to wrack up easy points from new players. these issues are the kind that kill games, preventing any new players from staying, before long those who have been around longest are left with less and less to do.

I come across this same issue in low tier dungeons as there is no clear definition of what the minimum requirements are so people have gotten to a stage where they want people in T5 gear to do dungeons in T4 areas? or simply attempt to push the group to do a T5 and then abuse them for wiping when they do not have the right exp or gear for this situation, it's madness.. thus leaving new players the option to farm solo dungeons which lets face it, you don't play an MMO to do solo things all the time unless you are a social recluse. OR be fodder for gankers, without understanding PvP and getting portal ganked when entering outlands (recent changes have been made in attempt resolve the portal issue, though you still have some steps to take before you are on the right path to accommodate the new player base you are advertising for, simply accumulating new players in mass means very little if they stop playing a week or two later because your game is designed to reward those who have been here for a long time and hinder those just beginning)

Don't get me wrong, it is the MMO design to reward time spent on the game, however you still need some PvP and dungeon content available for newer players to access or your game has little hope for the future. A simple dividing line in arena would solve the issue for new players, e.g. 700-900 ilvl bracket, 901-1101 bracket then 1101 + bracket would at least level the play field a little for new players and allow an opportunity to attempt PvP at an earlier stage. A common note I see in the global chat is " all I have been doing for days, weeks, etc is gather... what else can I do? why am I playing this?" currently, this is where your game leaves new players. I'm sure you can understand the frustration considering some people are joining in from steam and paying a sub when first starting, F2P (freetoplay) new players are more likely to put up with this style of progression as they have not invested anything other than time to your game, but people who have spent real money will expect a little more out of their payment or they will be left with a bad taste in their mouth.
    • Wilisch wrote:

So a few things in this game seem a little broken from my perspective as a new playing coming in about three weeks ago.

Firstly, while your PvP arena was likely set up to work well at launch with nothing more than a "700 item level cap" the problem you have now is, new players are suggested to try arena as a "risk free introduction to PvP" they join in, come across a fully geared group in T7-8 and get wrecked. This leaves them asking is this game worth playing anymore if you have little hope of progress without top tier gear, because I was of the impression this was designed more for lower tier and newer players. You have this same issue with your "Lesser Hellgates" filled with top tier players there to wrack up easy points from new players. these issues are the kind that kill games, preventing any new players from staying, before long those who have been around longest are left with less and less to do.

I come across this same issue in low tier dungeons as there is no clear definition of what the minimum requirements are so people have gotten to a stage where they want people in T5 gear to do dungeons in T4 areas? or simply attempt to push the group to do a T5 and then abuse them for wiping when they do not have the right exp or gear for this situation, it's madness.. thus leaving new players the option to farm solo dungeons which lets face it, you don't play an MMO to do solo things all the time unless you are a social recluse. OR be fodder for gankers, without understanding PvP and getting portal ganked when entering outlands (recent changes have been made in attempt resolve the portal issue, though you still have some steps to take before you are on the right path to accommodate the new player base you are advertising for, simply accumulating new players in mass means very little if they stop playing a week or two later because your game is designed to reward those who have been here for a long time and hinder those just beginning)

Don't get me wrong, it is the MMO design to reward time spent on the game, however you still need some PvP and dungeon content available for newer players to access or your game has little hope for the future. A simple dividing line in arena would solve the issue for new players, e.g. 700-900 ilvl bracket, 901-1101 bracket then 1101 + bracket would at least level the play field a little for new players and allow an opportunity to attempt PvP at an earlier stage. A common note I see in the global chat is " all I have been doing for days, weeks, etc is gather... what else can I do? why am I playing this?" currently, this is where your game leaves new players. I'm sure you can understand the frustration considering some people are joining in from steam and paying a sub when first starting, F2P (freetoplay) new players are more likely to put up with this style of progression as they have not invested anything other than time to your game, but people who have spent real money will expect a little more out of their payment or they will be left with a bad taste in their mouth.
      I basically agree with you said I just want to add a little bit about the last part where you were talking about paying customers: more value and listening to opinions of real paying customers ( who pays with silver is NOT a paying customer and get same consideration of who doesn't pay premium) because at the end of the month are these people who pays the Devs salary and not the weekend kids. Round Table? What? Round Table only real dollars paying customers. Free and silver paying people conform to what real customers decide and want, don't like it? Go to play something else. Quality of game to attract new quality players.
    • I did forget to mention that, I was going to add there is no easy to find "suggestion box" method in your game which may also give players the impression you don't really want their opinions, just a monthly sub from them, which will not help you accumulate or maintain a player base. It took me a few hours and to submit a ticket before I was directed to these forums, I did stumble on them before hand but wasn't certain this was the right method for suggestions.

I know a few players of MMO's who would leave a sub based game if they cannot find an easy ticket & suggestion method for the game, because to the consumer this gives the impression of a "cash grab" rather than a game that wants to go the distance. I would also add that a direct in game suggestion method for those making real cash contributions would go a long way for many people both as a sign of recognition and appreciation and also give a sense of personal involvement for those people, as hypnoticshadow has mentioned above.

Best part? this would not give any game play "pay to win" advantage to those paying cash, over silver for premium.
    • hypnoticshadow wrote:

Wilisch wrote:

So a few things in this game seem a little broken from my perspective as a new playing coming in about three weeks ago.

I basically agree with you said I just want to add a little bit about the last part where you were talking about paying customers: more value and listening to opinions of real paying customers ( who pays with silver is NOT a paying customer and get same consideration of who doesn't pay premium) because at the end of the month are these people who pays the Devs salary and not the weekend kids. Round Table? What? Round Table only real dollars paying customers. Free and silver paying people conform to what real customers decide and want, don't like it? Go to play something else. Quality of game to attract new quality players.
      Just to fix your comment: people who pay with silver has the exact same value for a reason.

When you pay premium with silver the game convert your silver into gold by buying this gold from the gold market and then use it to buy the premium.

Since gold is only obtainable via swaping the CC, we conclude that buying with silver also adds $ to the devs pockets.

This is also the reason why the silver cost of premium is based on the conversion between silver and gold.

Cheers.