Anti Portal-Ganking Measures with Patch 7

    • Maszke wrote:

      Nah, you need to give the casuals the posibility to enjoy the game even if they're killed, if you get the sheep pleased they'll keep spending money. The measure is a placebo, they're gonna be ganked elsewhere.
      As a newbie gathering in BZ, my concern is that those gankers might spend more time lurking in gathering areas instead near the portal.
      That for me is even worse because it is better to be ganked while going there with my 60k worth of gear than being ganked with 60k gear + 150k worth of resources.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by katulz ().

    • Satyrns wrote:

      Maszke wrote:

      McDobs wrote:

      This is good news for a 2020 game, full loot is something of the past for a simple reason, there are less and less people that have the tenacity and time to grind in order to make full loot viable. Being killed should only drop what you wear and not your inventory (boy I'm gonna get flamed for this). But this is the truth casuals run this game, hardcores and solo gankers are good for streams and to make some videos to get people excited (although they will never be able to get to do these things because by the time they reach 400/400 in everything needed, they will have quit the gamed already). So yeah this game will continue to grow in terms of ZvZ and PvE.
      Nah, you need to give the casuals the posibility to enjoy the game even if they're killed, if you get the sheep pleased they'll keep spending money. The measure is a placebo, they're gonna be ganked elsewhere.
      No offence,But go play WoW or Runescape for casual gameplay.

      This is supposed to be PvP oriented game, if you are not intrested in PvP, why are you playing?
      Or don't go into BZ,
      Redzone is kinda between YZ and BZ, stay there, it's more casual.
      i can understand your point, and i'm against the casuals too but hear me out... All sandboxes failed because sheeps couldn't get fun at it and went extint in those games, you need them to keep your game alive spending money and being murdered by the wolves while they have some fun.

      Doesn't mean anything that your game is one of the most rough and wild pvp oriented if nobody play it, you must have a balance for casuals to take a bite in the game, give'em easy life while the hardcore playerbase keep minding their business.
    • hear this noob wtf :v you no see the problem is the millions of gankers that appear no the pvp content...just try to read the post before say something foking noob :v
      and what is that end-game-full-pvp zone wtf
      hear this go for everybody you guys can see the tittle of the post is anti-gankers this is no im a ganker adn i no eanna the things change told ya before and told ya right now gankers please sht up and dont say anything you guys really need to understand that nobody wanna hear whatever that you gankers wanna say
      end-game-full-pvp zone haha kinda funny this people dont know what to day for look smart wtf haha
    • 1. If traversing the portal's is easy peasy and not a problem for you then this change doesn't affect you at all. You will still continue to go out into the black zone and do whatever.

      2. If the change is going to just lead to gankers moving one zone over then again this doesn't really affect anything and shouldn't be worth complaining about since as you say you are going to have an easy time slaughtering everyone in the next zone.

      3. If your idea of hardcore end game content is sitting at the portals all day long well then maybe you should just get gud and learn how to actually roam and gank instead of projecting your lazy newbie attitude on the defenseless players just entering the black zone for the first time. Its very hypocritical to call the people who want portal ganking nerfed new and not worthy of the black zone when all you can manage to do is sit safely in your T4 gear and massed numbers to pick on players who only have the income to expend T3/T4 horses.

      I think a good metaphor would be a fisherman going to an aquarium to catch fish with his crew rather then going out to sea or on a large lake, simply because its easier, then bashing the real fishermen by calling them newbs because they responded with, "hey look bud, that's kinda not right."

      The post was edited 1 time, last by DoomRawrus ().

    • I remember the original Trammel! All the noise then was "its such a bad idea, it'll kill the game etc etc". Yet when it launched the majority of players moved there... isn't that the main direction a game should take? Regardless of how the original idea for a game is? Isn't that how democracy works?
      The original problem back then was being able to switch back and forth. Building a character in a safe environment and then switching didn't fit well.
      Make it work both ways and people will play how they want to, but have a definite define between the 2.
      Trammel also eventually had an insurance option... another thing to consider?

      The post was edited 1 time, last by MadMorgan138 ().

    • The real reason why portal camping is such an issue now is because open world ganking has been heavily nerfed.

      Hideouts, castles, and resource/farm territories means an incredibly larger amount of safe areas to escape ganks. Then the game world is spread out which makes players overall harder to find, on top of the resource changes that make it harder to find gatherers, combined with a reduced hostile mob density (most notably in t8 swamps), sprinkle in the design changes for only two exits per portal, and top it off with nothing to do in the black zone outside of scheduled zerg fests. Here we are.

      Portal gate camping has always been a thing in Albion. It's almost like a rite of passage. This invisibility cloak change feels like an incredibly lousy "fix" to a "problem" that has been in the game since harbor removal for portals. We need more things to do in the black zone which naturally encourages players to fight over. Do that and people wouldn't need to camp portals to find other players.
    • Eternalhaze wrote:

      and top it off with nothing to do in the black zone outside of scheduled zerg fests. Here we are.
      I think that's the main issue.

      On top of that the removal of warcamps making it harder for people to go deep.

      Let's hope this get addressed.

      Eternalhaze wrote:

      that has been in the game since harbor removal for portals
      It was actually there when harbors were a thing too, but it does not make it right.
    • Eternalhaze wrote:

      The real reason why portal camping is such an issue now is because open world ganking has been heavily nerfed.

      Hideouts, castles, and resource/farm territories means an incredibly larger amount of safe areas to escape ganks. Then the game world is spread out which makes players overall harder to find, on top of the resource changes that make it harder to find gatherers, combined with a reduced hostile mob density (most notably in t8 swamps), sprinkle in the design changes for only two exits per portal, and top it off with nothing to do in the black zone outside of scheduled zerg fests. Here we are.

      Portal gate camping has always been a thing in Albion. It's almost like a rite of passage. This invisibility cloak change feels like an incredibly lousy "fix" to a "problem" that has been in the game since harbor removal for portals. We need more things to do in the black zone which naturally encourages players to fight over. Do that and people wouldn't need to camp portals to find other players.
      I agree with this -- roaming now is extremely boring and pretty much nerfed.... I hate portal ganking but even I am doing it now as its one of the few places you can find players.

      p.s.

      Hideouts have also made open world PVP extrmely limiting as on the rare occasion you DO find a player theyre almost always next to the instanced safe zone of their hideout and can 1 click escape to trammel.
    • GluttonySDS wrote:

      Eternalhaze wrote:

      The real reason why portal camping is such an issue now is because open world ganking has been heavily nerfed.

      Hideouts, castles, and resource/farm territories means an incredibly larger amount of safe areas to escape ganks. Then the game world is spread out which makes players overall harder to find, on top of the resource changes that make it harder to find gatherers, combined with a reduced hostile mob density (most notably in t8 swamps), sprinkle in the design changes for only two exits per portal, and top it off with nothing to do in the black zone outside of scheduled zerg fests. Here we are.

      Portal gate camping has always been a thing in Albion. It's almost like a rite of passage. This invisibility cloak change feels like an incredibly lousy "fix" to a "problem" that has been in the game since harbor removal for portals. We need more things to do in the black zone which naturally encourages players to fight over. Do that and people wouldn't need to camp portals to find other players.
      I agree with this -- roaming now is extremely boring and pretty much nerfed.... I hate portal ganking but even I am doing it now as its one of the few places you can find players.
      p.s.

      Hideouts have also made open world PVP extrmely limiting as on the rare occasion you DO find a player theyre almost always next to the instanced safe zone of their hideout and can 1 click escape to trammel.
      Spontaneous open world would be better if they removed territories from t7 static dungeon zones and all t8 zones. With the pre queen system, you had to travel out a bit even if you had a home plot to gather t8 or run t8 rdgs. The hideout system requires a territory to allow hideout placement. So, getting rid of those territories would make players travel more again.
    • Satyrns wrote:

      Maszke wrote:

      McDobs wrote:

      This is good news for a 2020 game, full loot is something of the past for a simple reason, there are less and less people that have the tenacity and time to grind in order to make full loot viable. Being killed should only drop what you wear and not your inventory (boy I'm gonna get flamed for this). But this is the truth casuals run this game, hardcores and solo gankers are good for streams and to make some videos to get people excited (although they will never be able to get to do these things because by the time they reach 400/400 in everything needed, they will have quit the gamed already). So yeah this game will continue to grow in terms of ZvZ and PvE.
      Nah, you need to give the casuals the posibility to enjoy the game even if they're killed, if you get the sheep pleased they'll keep spending money. The measure is a placebo, they're gonna be ganked elsewhere.
      No offence,But go play WoW or Runescape for casual gameplay.

      This is supposed to be PvP oriented game, if you are not intrested in PvP, why are you playing?
      Or don't go into BZ,
      Redzone is kinda between YZ and BZ, stay there, it's more casual.
      • This is a PvP-focused sandbox, so who are you to tell non-PvP players to just go away?
      • If you are interested in PvP then why aren't you playing 2vs2, 5vs5 HG or Crystal League? Too much actual PvP for you?
    • 2v2s, 5v5s, Crystal GvGs, all of them are not open world pvp, they are also not as fun,for me personally, just because you know, that guy doesn't transport anything.
      You are missing the game's principle, which is EVERYTHING is connected with PvP

      If you are non-pvp player, and you see Blackzone advertised as a full-pvp zone - What the heck do you expect? 100% Survivability?
      If you think, that non-pvpers should be safer in blackzones, just because, they are not intrested in PvP, then you are out of your mind.
      You want to increase the profit, and reduce the risk.
    • Gugusteh wrote:

      On top of that the removal of warcamps making it harder for people to go deep.
      Totally forgot to add that as it was 0500 for me. This is a huge point that you brought up. Not having warcamps in the deeper black zones is detrimental to the game's design as it severely limits your capabilities. Travel 10 zones to kill a few targets and now you have to travel back to drop off instead of dumping and going back to it with the intention of hauling stuff out later. It's just horrible design to not have warcamps in high value zones as it basically ensures that anyone who doesn't own land there will never go there.
    • There is no where in this website to submit suggestions to Devs, the game seems good but a few things feel like they have been rushed much like these portal rules.

      In the random scenario's it really annoys me that you constantly get people as the tank role who are not tanks, they just have a plate chest on, you Devs NEED to change this as it is one of the first things new players come to. If they get the impression this game is just a scrambled mess by joining a group without a proper tank or healer they will move on to another game they get a good beginning with. For example I did three as a healer when first started, got owned a bunch with no proper tank and didn't do anything like that, didn't play for days. Then I gave it another shot and found a random group for world dungeons and was able to see this game does have a proper tank role/setup and decided to pay sub.

      Consider how many people you are scaring away for a simple oversight, some might say "ok yeah sure pve isn't great, lets try pvp" then get portal ganked and cuss your game out in any social platform available, even your own chat lol.

      I hope this suggestion finds it's way to the right eyes.
    • To reiterate parallel's point, I usually move to and from the portals safely. If there are gankers on my way out, I use a different portal or act like I'm going in and fake back around. When ganking I catch the cocky and incompetent. If portal zones are more dangerous, act differently in them. Run with allies and scouts. Take a different route. Portal zones can be navigated in near-perfect safety if you pay guards and act cleverly. Your guards might die, but that's what they're for. Invisibility shrines will decrease interaction by a lot.

      Speaking from experience, gankers are happy to go deeper into the BZ if you put content there like chests and other things that attract small PvP. That said, other gank groups and fame farm groups, and sometimes ZvZ squads get pulled into fights with us in portal zones that we often lose. If gankers are in the portal zone, they usually end up being PvP content for some other group.

      FWIW I support a slightly increased trash rate for equipped gear for significantly unbalanced kills. Should 10 gankers generally get the same trash rate as a solo ganker? Probably not. Should mammoths trash more because it took 10 people? Probably not.
    • Adds hideouts into the game in which players put them just far enough so bubble runs out as you get to them that made ganking outside of portal zones hard as balls but now you make it basically impossible for players to gank in portal zones as well given the bubble that last till at least two of the exits just about. You know there is a easier way to avoid portal gankers that is to befriend the gankers and run with them, two call in some homies to come wipe them out, or three learn their times and learn how they work to avoid them. If you cant befriend them, cant call in homies, and cant dodge you shouldn't be in the BZ. Ive died alot to gankers in the bz when gathering but I dont think the devs should have caved into whinny minority who cries because they lost some gucci flex gear or new gathers who dont know major traffic zones because they dont wanna scope out a place first.
    • its ok guys lets this dev guys continue doing things with out of sense lets this dev guys doing things that no help anything the new player and the small guilds
      of course the megas guilds and alliance go to expend a lot of money in the game i hope you dev guys become so rich and so happy with all the money from this veteran players
      cheers