Anti Portal-Ganking Measures with Patch 7

    • Who are you arguing against? I do 2v2, 5v5, ZVZ, and everything in this game.

      This change is categorically wrong and against the premise of this game, which is full-loot pvp. Now this "full-loot pvp" is removed and sectioned from the Black Zone.


      This change, because you cry-babies, is turning the Black Zone, pink, for pussies.
    • The current BZ is dead because the hardcore guilds that live there do their handful of ZvZs and log off. The guilds or players with no HO access did not bother coming to the BZ due to portal ganking and general shit BZ design (longgggg runs to content zones and no storage WCs available). This change at least limits a portion of the BZ design problem and hopefully will increase activity in the BZ. More people in the BZ means more people to kill which is always good.
    • Um, no, you're not looking at the big picture.

      Yes the mega-alliances sit in their zones and log-on only for CTAs. And yes, gatherers and fame-farmers want to go into the black zone to do these activities.

      But you're ignoring the mass of the game who want to do *PVP* and are *NOT* in the mega-alliances. This is the division. Realm-gates provide lots of PVP, and not only-ganking, despite the ignoramuses claiming that's only what happens. These whiners are blind to the situation. There's lots of small group battles and even 10v10s in the realm-gate zones. But, because of these changes, 'forced' pvp content, for non-mega-alliances, will be harder and harder to find. It's already bad enough.

      You want to faction flag for "forced pvp"? Then you get red-flagged players with battle mounts spamming your raid group with absolutely no risk, and then after you get knocked down, foreign factions execute you. Does that sound fun, for PVP in royals? And that this is your "guaranteed" pvp access for the day, if you are not in a mega-alliance?


      There's too many ignorant players and positions here, difficult to comb through them all, and useless, because this change *WILL* damage the game long-term and *ALREADY* has damaged its integrity.

      As said above, by Mao, black zone is turning *PINK*
    • LordSilva wrote:

      Tabor wrote:

      More people in the BZ means more people to kill which is always good.
      Apparently some are concerned about possible competition/rivalry in there activity or that the increase in the number of players remove the easy prey from them. lol
      You, Neef, Owlsane, CaptainRussia have no position to criticize from, tucked in the safety of your mega-alliances, hand-holding, and guaranteed CTA content 24 hours a day.

      You and the other Elitists, who don't need to return to a royal city, are ignorant to these situations. The Poor versus Rich play two different versions of Albion, and it's only going to get worse.
    • Honest question Theat if you were enjoying small battles in the portal zone these battles can certainly still happen after this change as well. The only thing that changes is the solo gatherer or 2s team coming out to get content can now at least get passed the portal zone first before being gang banged. The portal zones are still full loot and people can fight there as much as they like.
    • Theat wrote:

      You, Neef, Owlsane, CaptainRussia have no position to criticize from, tucked in the safety of your mega-alliances, hand-holding, and guaranteed CTA content 24 hours a day..
      ?

      I am not in a mega alliance, i have no hand-holding plans etc etc...

      I even told that this change does not solve the root issue and this change is like boxing with shadows..

      Stop ptsd on my name and false claim stuff ty. Not the first time you put me an MEGA-ALLIANCE post-it on my head when i'm not.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Owlsane ().

    • LordSilva wrote:

      When I want to explain someone's definition of ignorance, I already have an example after everything you've written in the last few topics, Ty m8.

      What you just suggested would be even worse for you.
      No it wouldn't, because none of you or the other trolls even know what I do in the game. You have, repeatedly, created a straw-man "I only sit on realm-gates and gank with several claw users" but it's only a lie you and they have repeated. Lies don't bother me. Again, I do everything this game has to offer.

      So, NO, you're wrong again, five realm-gates per royal city would be the best change and one I would endorse.


      But this *EVERYBODY GETS INVISIBILITY* bullshit, because of YOUR TEARS, is insanity.
    • I would be all for additional realm gates as well. That would by default reduce the travel time required between zones that are worth a shit. Again anything that encourages activity in the BZ should be considered. We need more people out here doing content continually not just the scheduled CTA crap. Increase small scale rewards please! Give people a reason to play out here.
    • Captainrussia wrote:

      All other zones work like normal (like right now).
      wait so if u zone u lose invis.... so instead of portal gankers being in the portal zone they will literally stand outside the portal zone and still see everyone... being on portal only gave 1 advantage anyway, which door did they go to... so that is all that was removed... even worse than i originally thought.
    • blappo wrote:

      Captainrussia wrote:

      All other zones work like normal (like right now).
      wait so if u zone u lose invis.... so instead of portal gankers being in the portal zone they will literally stand outside the portal zone and still see everyone... being on portal only gave 1 advantage anyway, which door did they go to... so that is all that was removed... even worse than i originally thought.
      All that time and you didn't read the first post in this topic? lol

      Seldom wrote:

      Leaving the zone immediately cancels the invisibility buff and silence debuff
      We will have the problem move from 3 portal maps to next 5 maps, that's all the change bring to the game, the situation will be in the game.
    • Theat wrote:

      I do 2v2, 5v5

      albiononline2d.com/en/scoreboard/events/66619699
      albiononline2d.com/en/scoreboard/events/66618341
      albiononline2d.com/en/scoreboard/events/66615743
      albiononline2d.com/en/scoreboard/events/66613938
      albiononline2d.com/en/scoreboard/events/66600276

      Theat wrote:

      You, Neef, Owlsane, CaptainRussia have no position to criticize from, tucked in the safety of your mega-alliances, hand-holding, and guaranteed CTA content 24 hours a day.
      I live out of BW (or our only hideout 2 zones out) and mostly run solo dungeons looking for solo PVP.


      blappo wrote:

      wait so if u zone u lose invis.... so instead of portal gankers being in the portal zone they will literally stand outside the portal zone and still see everyone...
      well, they can't stand right outside the next zone - as you will still get a bubble when you zone through from the realmgate zone to the next zone. So the gankers would have to be spread out and be about 2 screens away - if they want to catch people zoning through who get a bubble. Some gankers already do that currently too.

      The only issue (for gankers) - is what I already described: the next zone from Realmgate actually has a Hideout and a Terry - meaning there will be someone else to care or to contest the gankers. And plus, before players could only zone in 2 directions - now its 4.

      So the following 3 must hold true:
      1) 2x more zones to go to, means the same amount of gankers would have to be divided by half (half as many to deal with, which is a no-no for the risk averse gankers)
      2) If the number of gankers does not change, that means they will only camp 2 out of 4 exits - that means you have a 50% more change of being completely safe
      3) The amount of gankers would have to increase by x2 in order to cover all exits with the same efficiency as they did before this change. That comes with its own consequences obviously...

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Captainrussia ().

    • Captainrussia wrote:

      Theat wrote:

      I do 2v2, 5v5
      albiononline2d.com/en/scoreboard/events/66619699albiononline2d.com/en/scoreboard/events/66618341
      albiononline2d.com/en/scoreboard/events/66615743
      albiononline2d.com/en/scoreboard/events/66613938
      albiononline2d.com/en/scoreboard/events/66600276

      Theat wrote:

      You, Neef, Owlsane, CaptainRussia have no position to criticize from, tucked in the safety of your mega-alliances, hand-holding, and guaranteed CTA content 24 hours a day.
      I live out of BW (or our only hideout 2 zones out) and mostly run solo dungeons looking for solo PVP.
      Keep up your lies, they don't bother me.

      You need your straw-man argument to uphold your fantasies -- while you damage the integrity of this game for everybody else.

      I will never support whiners and carebears, as you do.


      Now duck into your hideout.