Anti Portal-Ganking Measures with Patch 7

• Hollywoodi wrote:

Exactly, and if you don't know how to win 1v20 u don't deserve to be in the bz, right??

And if u can't walk over water, you don't believe and should be doomed, right?
      If u can't stand dying without a "fair" fight in a full loot video game then no u don't deserve to be in black zone.

Would highly recommend arena (u get sick mount skins too!!)
    • Lets just say if the gankers currently sitting at portals,decide to use their brains they will come to a solution that can make these shrines useless(i already have 3 ways to deal with this in my mind) which will bring us back to a state that is similar to the situation before this patch.If someone wants to find fights they still can very easily do so.Pvp is not disabled.This reminds me a lot of the eve online pirate alliances that declare war on noob corporations and just sit at Jita undock waiting for their pvp content to be served on a silver plate.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dahweed ().

• the invisibility shrine is probably to much (+ it add new unnecessary mechanics wich will probably be exploit) and adding connection betwin zone was enough but what they should have done is also spread the portal more and maybe add 1 portals by city (i also like the idea of the trash rate change but too much work imo :D), but salty gankers are priceless :p
    • I have an idea, make a new portal access to BZ towns. May be ppl can avoid the static gankers and make more easy life for those who want to live in BZ. Anycase, what is really incomfortable is when you are a expert player and have to take long around walks cause of those statics gankers. Cause ARCHganistan y full of them for example.
      No news, good news 8)
    • DoomRawrus wrote:

You know the change must be good if it has upset the guild that used to 24/7 sit on all the Mercia portals.

Reminds me of how the 3 second no auto-attack after dismounting was such a "terrible" change which would kill all PvP and turn the game into Tremel. Everytime I have gone out with a gank group into the black zone we just roam around other zones and find plenty of kills. Portal gankers are just lazy and bigger hand holders then the mega alliances, then again a couple of mega alliances like to do the portal ganking so :whistling:
      O love you.
    • WELCOME TO THE PINK ZONE. WHERE EVERYBODY CAN BE HAPPY FAMING AND GATHERING TOGETHER SINGING "WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS"
      This game nows reminds me of a game called HAPPY FARM, on facebook.

You can call that UNICORN ZONE, PINK ZONE, RAINBOW ZONE, PURPLE WITH GLITTER ZONE, BUT NOT BLACKZONE. This is BS!

After that, I'm definatly leaving this game.
    • blappo wrote:

1 invisible scouts,
      Invisible scouts - scouting invisible targets! Oh my! :p

blappo wrote:

2 leaving the BZ you will still be volunerable while you are most worth it to kill
      No, because there is a shrine right at every entrance to the zone where the realmgate is (you can see its on the test server already) - so you get invis as soon as you come into Windgrass Portal South Zone (for example) and ride it all the way back to the realmgate, when returning with loot.
    • Captainrussia wrote:

blappo wrote:

1 invisible scouts,
      Invisible scouts - scouting invisible targets! Oh my! :P

blappo wrote:

2 leaving the BZ you will still be volunerable while you are most worth it to kill
      No, because there is a shrine right at every entrance to the zone where the realmgate is (you can see its on the test server already) - so you get invis as soon as you come into Windgrass Portal South Zone (for example) and ride it all the way back to the realmgate, when returning with loot.

ya 2 minute invis you can be out on territories in under 2 minutes before battles, or have people rotating invis to catch people on caravan the zone outaide of portal zone easily and they have no idea they have been seen, and the scout can ping and follow them through the map until they reach the invis there is a huge zone gankers on fast miunts can reach in 2 minutes. nub

there is just as much funnel effect the zone adjacent to portal as portal, the funnel 3 portals 5 zones they connect to, those connect to 5 more total 13 zones of danger funnel
      old BZ 4 portals excluding caerleon each then lead to typically 12 zones which lead to 12 to 16 zones, total zones within 2 zones of portals was 24 to 28

the funnel is portal to 2 zones out that whole refion needs addressed not just the 1 zone which is typically the safest, adjacents and the second zones are the most dangerous as double bubbles and positioning of portals make them nearly impossible to fuq up depending on the city amd portal
    • Already on test server? I'll come soon to check and test stuff @Captainrussia ur up to test it too?

The solution proposed by SBI IMO doesn't change the core issue. In reality portal ganking will still be a thing. I'll check out this changes to complete my argumentation.

2 things makes portal ganking in bz popular and worth it to do :
      1) The risk (non-existant) vs reward (meh if t4 to crasy good). The trash rate doesn't punish at all hard outnumbered fights and doesn't reward enough n vs n and undernumbered fights. Scaling thrashrate and stackable item loss would incentivise shrinking size to take smaller fights/solo stragler or take big zergs fights with your big party
      2) Portal range between them : You have 1 map between 2 portal maps. Basically any party with swift claw check the 3 portals and the maps in between in 5min. Adding 1 more portal doesn't solve the issue at all. You're just incentivise even more to stay nearby portal area so yeah the bz pvp will still stay around the portal region.
      Increasing the map range between portals +1 would had more effect on the matter

All that stealth gimmicks will not fix the root issue. It's like a bandaid fix badly implemented.
    • Owlsane wrote:

All that stealth gimmicks will not fix the root issue. It's like a bandaid fix badly implemented.
      100% on that
      This doesn't solve anything, it just postpones a real change in the future, because it has to be done properly.
      @Seldom you lacked the courage to do things properly, which is why you created this Band Aid in a problem that will continue in the game. You learn to be a man and do things correctly once and for all.
    • O que outras pessoas estão dizendoO que outras pessoas estão dizendo

Seldom wrote:

Bom dia a todos
      O que outras pessoas estão dizendo
      Com o Queen Patch 7 (planejado para quarta-feira, 11 de março), faremos alterações nas Outland Portal Zones.
      Essas mudanças visam tornar mais seguro os jogadores viajarem de e para Outlands.
      O quê":
      Santuários de Invisibilidade foram adicionados à área imediata em torno dos portais Outland,
      bem como em cada saída de uma zona que contém um portal. Também adicionamos conexões entre essas zonas e as vizinhas,
      para que agora cada zona do portal tenha quatro saídas totais.
      Esses santuários podem ser usados por qualquer jogador a qualquer momento e fornecem os seguintes buffs / debuffs nas seguintes condições:
      • O jogador fica invisível por 2 minutos
      • O jogador é silenciado e incapaz de atacar por 2 minutos e 30 segundos
      • O uso do santuário redefine o cronômetro em qualquer bolha de proteção já instalada
      • Sair da zona imediatamente cancela o buff de invisibilidade e o debuff de silêncio
      • O lustre do santuário sempre tem uma recarga de 10 minutos antes de poder ser reativado, independentemente de um santuário de invisibilidade diferente ser usado
      • Esses santuários não podem ser usados por jogadores com o status "Fora da lei"
      O "porquê":
      Desde a introdução dos novos Outlands, muitas ganks aconteceram nas zonas de Outland Portal,
      tornando essas zonas algumas das áreas mais perigosas do mundo de Albion.
      Queremos permitir que cada jogador tenha a chance de se aventurar nas Terras Distantes sem ser morto nos primeiros passos.
      As novas precauções de segurança tornam as viagens pelas Zonas do Portal Terrestre menos perigosas.
      No entanto, todos que decidirem reunir, PvE ou passear pelas Zonas do Portal Terrestre ainda estarão à mercê dos gankers.
      Migração de jogadores:
      Como essa mudança envolve o redesenho das zonas afetadas, os jogadores nessas zonas serão movidos para a saída mais próxima dentro da zona.
      Para mais detalhes sobre esta migração, consulte este post: Por favor clique aqui
      E como sempre, tenha um ótimo dia.
      Parabéns, os gankers estão agradecidos e um jogo que deveria ser uma referência em pvp está se movendo em direção ao conteúdo onde a mesa redonda decide. De qualquer forma, o feliz post do Facebook terá mais emoção, essa não é a solução, assim como a comunidade que faz apenas zvz, há a comunidade pve e a comunidade gankers, ainda há tempo para voltar. O jogo não é mais legal para gankers, a comunidade gank é insastifeita é fácil de aviso basta olhar para as mensagens do fórum sem ter que consultar a mesa redonda, não deixe esta comunidade deixar o Albion!
    • so far I like the change on the test server.

It puts random gankers into next zone (a zone that actually has a Tower and some Hideouts potentially, and its a t5 zone too, meaning some ppl might be farming it, unlike the Realmgate empty zones), so that way random gankers would actually be "squatting" on someone's turf, and most likely the owners will come and clear out the gankers. They have the homeplot advantage anyway.

Not to mention that the amount of exits almost doubled (from 2 to 4) for some zones, and that made the potential exits much harder to control.

Before - the gankers had to cover like 2-3 zones. Now they have to cover 8-9, which at that point they might as well just go roam the BZ, like they used to pre-Queen.

blappo wrote:

ya 2 minute invis you can be out on territories in under 2 minutes before battles, or have people rotating invis to catch people on caravan the zone outaide of portal zone easily and they have no idea they have been seen, and the scout can ping and follow them through the map until they reach the invis there is a huge zone gankers on fast miunts can reach in 2 minutes. nub
      I think you don't understand how it works. Basically everyone in the realmgate zone is invisible (as long as you click one of the 2 shrines, one at the zone entrance, and one at the realmgate itself, and you'd be stupid not to click them). All other zones work like normal (like right now). So there is no "invis scouting".

When everyone is invis (that includes your "potential" targets) - you cannot scout anyone.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Captainrussia ().

• RenKatal wrote:

addidas wrote:

I agree this change sucks, just make black zone non pvp unless you click agree on a new pop up when someone attacks you. .
      You seem to miss the point of a full loot PvP game.

Theat wrote:

The BZ and "end-game" pvp content is quickly drying up, and this "fix" will ruin matters more.

Basically this is another move forcing everybody into "mega-alliance or nothing". Bullshit change, very disappointing.
      How does allowing people to get further away from the portals force everyone into "mega-alliance or nothing"?This fix will allow players to be able to spread out around the Outlands better, instead of being slaughtered at the gates.
      Because mega-alliances will crush any force that enters them. Their gatherers will simply duck into a hideout--terry--war camp--castle outpost. Any non-mega-alliance ganker will also be deterred by mega-alliance gankers and anti-gankers, who also will use their hideouts-terries-war camps-castle outposts.

The division between Rich (mega-alliance) and Poor (clueless noobie and solo players) will grow wider. There is no middle ground, no room for small guilds or small alliances.

Furthermore, this nerfing and softening of *BLACK ZONE*, is a further deterioration of this game, a slide toward Trammel.

However, this is all more SBI catering to the whining crybabies, Lordsilva, Captainrussia, and Owlsane. These turds are ruining the game.

SBI should *NOT* listen to the community. Because "the community" is represented mostly by forum whiners, carebears, and players without skill, or without dedication to work hard and learn.
    • Theat wrote:

All of you supporting this change are a disgrace to full-loot pvp. Shame on you.
      You must really have a heartburn.
      Are you so weak that you don't even know what you're going to do with the rest of your life without this Portal Gank?

Because what you do is fool loot PvP not full loot PvP.

I bet you must be one of those who use radar app