Anti Portal-Ganking Measures with Patch 7

• Albions premium system is one of the better balanced subscription systems I have seen. Grinders can cover the premium through in game activity and casual players can just pay real money for it. On top of that you can play without altogether if you really needed to (obviously not recommended). Every game needs to have some sort of income in order to cover development costs. People that ask for completely free games are delusional.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tabor ().

• Who wants to play the game completly for free should not be allowed to play, where you go in a restaurant eat a pizza and ask to do not pay you get a kick in your ass.
      Silvers payment should be so much more difficult too easy. I have money easly to pay silver premium but every month I want to pay with real money to give support but reading comments here it looks like I am one of the few rare birds.
    • The amount of gold is limited, when people don't buy it, price in silver just starts to go up quickly. If no one buys it, it will eventually disappear from the market completely. Buying it for silver and spending it on premium removes them from the market. This is a very good system on the part of the SBI. As for the forced subscription, I think it would harm the game. B2P already made the lands empty, because there were not many new players coming in for those who gave up. Research of the online games market clearly indicate that games such as League of Legends, so F2P with cosmetic add-ons for real money earn the most. People do not complain about P2W and they are more willing to spend money when they are not forced to do so (subscription). So in a SBI place I would add more skins not only to mounts and characters but also to elements of the island, guild gadgets etc.
    • hypnoticshadow wrote:

Who wants to play the game completly for free should not be allowed to play, where you go in a restaurant eat a pizza and ask to do not pay you get a kick in your ass.
      Silvers payment should be so much more difficult too easy. I have money easly to pay silver premium but every month I want to pay with real money to give support but reading comments here it looks like I am one of the few rare birds.
      I did the same, but well, looks like only thing i support is a ganker groups who block the portals, for solo players and run if see a similarly group.
      And i am sure, this guys alvays pay silver for they premiums.

So its looks like i support DEVs, but dev support shitters and gankers. Who play no risk - more rewards.
      They didn't see that abusive mechanics, do nothing about it for years, like for HG ratting, or dungeon skip. So they are wasting the money from paying players, to feed the silver payers, and make they gameplay more rewarding and safe.

The post was edited 2 times, last by iRawr ().

• This is flabbergasting to say the least.

Evading portal gankers is something extremely simple. How about learning how to play the game - learning some Basic mechanics - how bubble works for example.

What about not going straight down the road and then being suprised you get ganked ? What about running straight to someone who is dismounted and then being suprised ?

God damn. It´s like people who only plays in blue zones complains about portal gankers, as they have zero knowledge of pvp in this game.

Learn or ask someone knowledgeable how to escape from gankers instead of wanting to make the game just blue zone only.

Safe zone people shouldn´t have a say about a black zone, as they know nothing about it. It´s like someone who doesn´t play the game complains about the game - come on, you can do better than that.
    • Borbarad wrote:

This is flabbergasting to say the least.

Evading portal gankers is something extremely simple. How about learning how to play the game - learning some Basic mechanics - how bubble works for example.

What about not going straight down the road and then being suprised you get ganked ? What about running straight to someone who is dismounted and then being suprised ?

God damn. It´s like people who only plays in blue zones complains about portal gankers, as they have zero knowledge of pvp in this game.

Learn or ask someone knowledgeable how to escape from gankers instead of wanting to make the game just blue zone only.

Safe zone people shouldn´t have a say about a black zone, as they know nothing about it. It´s like someone who doesn´t play the game complains about the game - come on, you can do better than that.
      So? Why should i waste my time to avoid the gankers? Just coth the group ganking mechanic is breaking the rule of "more risk - more profit" and a lot of ppl just abuse it?
      A lot of ppl here don't care if they ganked. They also know how to not get ganked. We talk about the imbalanced mechanics that should be changed.

Why YOU MUST play not how YOU want, but how shitty gankers want YOU to play?

It is not logical that a player imposing and forcing another player in PvP receives a huge profit, without any risk.
      At the same time, players who do anything else cannot get a comparable profit, and have significantly higher risks.

Group gank is not the cause of the problem, BUT the result of broken mechanics of "more risk - more profit". And the broken PK aspect, which has no negative consequences for the one who imposes PvP (which in turn gives a huge advantage) - to another player.

Well as a group ganker you have advantage in fights + biggest profit in game + no risk + "PK fun"(for me it looks like someone enjoys beating children, however - many players enjoy PvP in which they cannot lose and have a huge advantage).

And what can other aspects of the game offer in comparison? Not going straight down the road? Look for the SRD and wait to get bublle before come to the map teleport? Waste of time? What i will get for that? Dont get ganked??? Just, wow! What a nice profit for my gameplay actions!
    • iRawr wrote:

Group gank is not the cause of the problem, BUT the result of broken mechanics of "more risk - more profit". And the broken PK aspect, which has no negative consequences for the one who imposes PvP (which in turn gives a huge advantage) - to another player.
      And here I'd like to question the devs, who let us know about 3 months ago that they are thinking about introducing anti-outnumbered-ganking measures, such as very high trash rate on assist, or losing durability when zerging down solo players, so that they don't profit, or even lose money on repair costs.

We desperately need these changes, definitely earlier than the 2020 big solo/smallscale content update, so the devs can tweak and tweak and tweak numbers over and over again, after players have found all the loopholes and outplay the restrictions, and they actually lose the motivation to go gank in groups of 5-10, rather than 2-3.
      Developer by day, gatherer by night.
    • I understand that PvP is an essential part of the game. Yet currently there's no way to evade if you are not up to the same skill or gear level or when outnumbered even when you're on guard.

A few solution I encountered previously to solve this dilemma:

You can learn a portal spell which requires to carry some ingredients which are consumed when the spell is activated. The use of the spell will carry you to a save location (another map) instantly.
      You can also buy or craft teleport rings for different maps. They're one-time use items which will instantaneously teleport you to that very map. These are especially used to travel to different trade centres / maps or to special invasion (PvE) event maps.
      You can buy from game shop or very rarely find during mining a rare stone which will be consumed when you die - but protect your complete inventory and gear from being dropped upon death; thus you respawn with everything intact except this anti-drop stone which is consumed.
    • Perchta wrote:

I understand that PvP is an essential part of the game. Yet currently there's no way to evade if you are not up to the same skill or gear level or when outnumbered even when you're on guard.

A few solution I encountered previously to solve this dilemma:

You can learn a portal spell which requires to carry some ingredients which are consumed when the spell is activated. The use of the spell will carry you to a save location (another map) instantly.
      You can also buy or craft teleport rings for different maps. They're one-time use items which will instantaneously teleport you to that very map. These are especially used to travel to different trade centres / maps or to special invasion (PvE) event maps.
      You can buy from game shop or very rarely find during mining a rare stone which will be consumed when you die - but protect your complete inventory and gear from being dropped upon death; thus you respawn with everything intact except this anti-drop stone which is consumed.
      No, this solution just removes PvP and the Risk verses Reward mechanic. Everyone will have the ingredients or rings or whatever trinket you want that says "press me and I am safe". You want safety, stays in the blue and yellow zones.

However I do agree there needs to be disincentive to gank in large groups. I know that guilds run ganking squads, pool the loot, sell it and then split the proceeds. The larger the group just means they need more victim's to make it profitable. I like the idea the more assists, the more gear is trashed to the point that all items possibly are trashed.

The issue with that idea is that it wont stop the griefers, who are doing it purely to spoil someones else's day.

Ultimately, this is a group based game and if you want safety in the red and black zones, you should have guild mates come with you as protection to fight off or discourage gankers. Thats the design of the risk verses reward system , it creates conflict and the winner takes all. Or you take the risk and be prepared to loose what you take. Hence the risk verses reward mechanic again. What you suggests, just removes the risk which completely breaks the game.
      [LAT] ItsNewbie
      ----------------------
      https://www.aoherald.com/