Anti Portal-Ganking Measures with Patch 7

• GluttonySDS wrote:

blappo wrote:

2 leaving the BZ you will still be volunerable while you are most worth it to kill

perhaps a zone or 2 away from the portal shrines could go in aswell to help people leave BZ i wouldnt want 100% safety so maybe not invisibility shrines... but perhaps a 10% movespeed buff that disables attacking while active
      What about a system where you can flag yourself as "non-PVP" that way you can travel safely as long as you dont attack anyone you cannot be attacked?
      why would you do that... just go royals noob
    • Malicious wrote:

blappo wrote:

I am slightly worried still about 2 things
      1 invisible scouts,
      2 leaving the BZ you will still be volunerable while you are most worth it to kill

perhaps a zone or 2 away from the portal shrines could go in aswell to help people leave BZ i wouldnt want 100% safety so maybe not invisibility shrines... but perhaps a 10% movespeed buff that disables attacking
      Why would you make black zones more casual and safer to leave? This would effectively make caravans from bz pointless. The bz are supposed to be dangerous and risky not a place where u can zone in-out risk free at will.
      its not dangerous at all in the BZ at the moment, its just dead, people need to get in and out of the portals so we can have anything to do out here. fixing leaving portals only solves half of portal ganking is my point. im not going to detail other posts ive made but the layout of clusters currently has a funnel effect causing ganking to be far easier than tge old BZ the changes are not to make BZ safe they are to bring it back online to a level near the old BZ so people actually play the game instead of try queen and leave a week later because 30 people can blockade a whole city
    • People have been ganking portals for three years now.

I guess when you make a game F2P, you need to cater to a newer generation of players. Mainly because you shit on all the players that supported you through two years of beta and paid a monthly fee.

You made this video game like a VW. Its awesome at first and then it quickly goes to shit because Germans can't make anything that lasts.

But in all reality, when this topic hits page 13, you won't implement shit because you have zero integrity to follow through with announced changes. I.E. Alliance Cap.
    • blappo wrote:

GluttonySDS wrote:

blappo wrote:

perhaps a zone or 2 away from the portal shrines could go in aswell to help people leave BZ i wouldnt want 100% safety so maybe not invisibility shrines... but perhaps a 10% movespeed buff that disables attacking while active
      What about a system where you can flag yourself as "non-PVP" that way you can travel safely as long as you dont attack anyone you cannot be attacked?
      why would you do that... just go royals noob
      Glutes sarcasm just sky rocketed over your head didn't it mate.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Deathikus ().

• Wouldn't it make more sense to fix the root issue by making the trash rate 100% if you get zerged outside of ZvZ? People are doing this because it's safe and profitable, and something like this should never be profitable.

Bandaid fixes never work, address the core issue.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Idebenn ().

• I have always been a proponent of higher trash rates for lopsided fight ratios but more importantly much lower trash rates for players who fight even or outnumbered. If I win 1v2s or 1v1 fights I should get most of the loot.

I would be curious to see what the impact of increased trash rates would have on ganking. Ganking is a casual activity for various size groups and if the reward was nerfed to hard via increased trash rates I wonder if this portion of the population would move on to a more rewarding activity or continue with the ganking anyway.

With the somewhat repetitive and limited content available in Albion ganking has always been a nice change of pace activity for people to enjoy. I think ganking needs to always be a thing but would like to see it with more skilled small scale groups of 3 to 4 instead of current 10 man squads that exist today.
    • You got Shiro airlines that make sure "Outlands" are safer for his followers (They are ofc not the only ones spamming HOs). Now you give people invis bubbles so they do not get ganked in the outlands, what is coming next ? Flagging and opt-in PVP circles around HGs ? :D
    • My friends and I just founded a small, new guild. We can not mass more than 30 in Lymhurst so our way of competing with large zergs is portal ganking and bombing. I had never portal ganked before this guild but it is far less toxic than presented. It begins as portal ganking but quickly escalates into 10 v 10, 15 v 15, or 20 v 20 content. The best content I have seen after I left a mega alliance. Sometimes we will fight in gank gear against a small ZvZ team or sometimes we will quickly change into ZvZ gear and fight it out. Each day a new guild might appear and try to hold down the Lymhurst portal. We often gank caravans and transports, battle mounts, and hellgate loot runs which create feuds between us and neighboring guilds. This creates content at our hideout zone, sometimes 5-6 guilds will mass for the chance to take out our hideout from these grudges we have created. It also creates economy as many of the best items on players we kill are trashed. I think this is very important after all of the items that were commuted from the Black Zone thrashed the market recently.

Removing the portal ganking aspect of the game reminds me of how Ultima Online added Trammel to the game and began watering it down more and more for the WoW crowd. For those not familiar, Trammel was arguably the downfall of the Ultima Online many PvPers remember as the glory days. Electronic Arts began making the game kinder, gentler, and catered more to carebears than PvPers. Currently I feel like SBI has some balance but some patches I can argue say otherwise.

If you have a zerg of 300+, you should be able to mass 10-20 guys to clear out portal gankers with no problem. SBI should not be creating barriers to entry for small, new guilds to help whales and carebears complain and get their way more. I understand a lot of you may argue that we are still not addressing solo players but I have had very little problem transporting to and from the black zone when I run alone. I have personally lost maybe 1 out of 20 transport runs even back when I ran through the old Cley Hill portal. It feels awful to lose 1-2m fame or like a stack of 200 tomes but I feel strongly that this aspect of loss and fear needs to remain part of the game. When you enter the zone, stop auto piloting to the portal. Look around and see if there are gankers nearby. Wear a fort sterling cape. Ride a swiftclaw. Run around the edge of the map in a path most would not take. There are so many options other than auto piloting into the portal with invisibility.

With an absence of portal ganking and the success of the Evil Few CTA ganking, I feel like this change will create a large focus on CTA, Heavy Transport, and Battle Mount ganking which will infuriate the people SBI are trying to please even more.

The post was edited 8 times, last by Parallel ().

• Can you please stop patching the game. It get worst everytime sbi try something new.
      You have a freaking bubble half the way trough the map it's enough. Black zone were suppose to be a higher threat area so stop making it always safer...

SBI is trying to do something that please everyone and we all know what happen when you do this
    • What the f***. Literally, since queen update, almost every patch has been ruining the game:

1. Gathering patch ( The nodes spawn way too long)
      2. Dungeons are sh**
      3. Blackzone has become friendly for carebears.

I'll say what i said in previous patch notes. Developers are trying to reduce all income from any activities it seems to me.
      By reducing silver amount players can get, they force em into buying premium with $$$.

Good job!
    • Adress or commit to the core issue but stop to Merkel around

The core issue is no penalty to n+1

It is not making an invis fountain it is tackle the root cause. It is increase trash rate for unfair fights

It is like if u are overweight and dress something that press u together instead of make sports and eat healthy and less .

So stop u panic mode, play u own game more, hire tabor for consultation and stop listening to the wrong people.